• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
300px-H4_Palmer_cropped.png

Oh god, I hope this isn't a hint of whats to come..

Wtf is this? Is it another new armor skin?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Apparently there's a credible source saying that Halo 4 will be re-released on Xbox One, with cross play between 360 and XBone. Take with a grain of salt, but still.

willow ve

I'll play it. I was hoping they had a solution for the launch. I still play 4 enough that I'd want it on the new system.
I'm never buying this game a second time no matter how great the lens flare is on the Xbone.

I still play it a lot, but there is zero chance I'm buying it again. On any platform. Ever.

I wouldn't rebuy Halo 4, ever.

Not now. Not in a few months as a Xbox One relaunch running at 1080p, 60 frames. Not in 2022 during it's Anniversary running on Xbox Two at 2160p at 120 frames.

I WILL however, rebuy Halo 2 and or a Halo Collection featuring Halo CE-Halo 3. Xbox One launch, frankie pls.

Ghazi

I wouldn't rebuy Halo 4, ever.

Not now. Not in a few months as a Xbox One relaunch running at 1080p, 60 frames. Not in 2022 during it's Anniversary running on Xbox Two at 2160p at 120 frames.

I WILL however, rebuy Halo 2 and or a Halo Collection featuring Halo CE-Halo 3. Xbox One launch, frankie pls.

This made me cry on the inside.

This made me cry on the inside.
Halo 4 made me cry when I went to the midnight launch, grabbed my copy all gitty and excited, ran home, put it in, and it turned out to be bad. :(

I'd rebuy Halo 4 if it had better MP

I'd buy it if it had a better campaign with better (or at least existent) character development, Firefight instead of the awful and boring Spartan Ops, and a better multiplayer with better maps.

aka if it was an entirely new game.

senador

Banned
Hey, how do I download the maps if I have the map pass?

Edit: I have them downloaded actually, but the game thinks I don't them it seems.

Edit2: Now it works.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah... the characters in Halo 4 sucked. I wish they fleshed out Lasky, Palmer, and del Rio a bit more. They all seem to have a ton of potential. Instead we get Halo 4's campaign summarized in a quote...

"I thought you'd be taller".

neoism

Game Of Thrones episode 9.

Plywood and Steely, explain this shit. WHY. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

tumblr_m7a3n03Z9W1rufq41o1_500.gif

lol you might as well get on the best team....

#teamwhitewalkers
least they dead already

but I know the feel bro not a book reader rewatched the whole series up to last nights ep and then that happened.. @_@ I was livid..

Madness

In all honesty, a Halo 4 relaunch makes a lot of sense. Keep Halo relevant in the shooter market as it goes up against Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Destiny etc. early on.

They can have a GOTY edition with full dlc, proper framerate, all spartan Ops episodes on disc, etc.

Fix a lot of the problems etc. If we are to believe this MS server hype it'll have much better matchmaking etc.

How much would something like this even cost when all it'll really be is a visual port upgrade much like they do for PC?

I'd still prefer a Halo trilogy edition, with the untouched campaigns as well. No changes at all.

Booshka

In all honesty, a Halo 4 relaunch makes a lot of sense. Keep Halo relevant in the shooter market as it goes up against Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Destiny etc. early on.

They can have a GOTY edition with full dlc, proper framerate, all spartan Ops episodes on disc, etc.

Fix a lot of the problems etc. If we are to believe this MS server hype it'll have much better matchmaking etc.

How much would something like this even cost when all it'll really be is a visual port upgrade much like they do for PC?

I'd still prefer a Halo trilogy edition, with the untouched campaigns as well. No changes at all.

I hope they spend at least 10 minutes talking about it at E3, after 30 mins of Kinect titles of course.

Asymmetrical maps should NEVER be used for Capture The Flag. Jesus.

Not true as they suit 1 sided games just fine, pity it's not in the latest Halo game.

I doubt they would use the same engine for that but I suppose stranger things have happened. It does make you wonder if titles are cross generation on 360 & X1 then how do developers code their netcode and game engine. Bungie spoke of scalability with Destiny I wonder if 343i did similar with one engine or two separate engines?

Omni

A Halo 4 relaunch? Because all the people who left are going to buy the game again, right?
:lol
Halo 4 will be blown away by all of those titles. The only way Halo is going to be relevant is if they bring out a new title (see Halo 5). I honestly don't see many people buying the game again on the Nextbox - regardless of what trivial fixes they might publicize (assuming it is true). I know that I sure as hell wouldn't.

willow ve

So after playing for an entire day what's everyone's sane feedback on the update?

All it needs is an AR and SAW Nerf and I think it's good.

Saw is beast mode. Especially on Raganarok CTF. Seems like it spawns every 60 seconds. Other than that I haven't had enough time to have a real opinion. It does seem like kills/deaths happen much more quickly.

And I'm still not a huge fan of 110% movement although I'll probably get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom