• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seance

Banned
Halo 4 made me cry when I went to the midnight launch, grabbed my copy all gitty and excited, ran home, put it in, and it turned out to be bad. :(

I'd buy it if it had a better campaign with better (or at least existent) character development, Firefight instead of the awful and boring Spartan Ops, and a better multiplayer with better maps.

aka if it was an entirely new game.

What did you people do to speedy?

Omni

Sarah Palmer is the best character in any Halo game to date.

"I thought you'd be taller, egghead"

What emotion. Such wisdom. It doesn't get much better than that

Gui_PT

This will determine if you'll bitching in less than one hour. :-3

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif

Da fuq is happening in here? How do you guys know something is going to happen?

But if it's related to Palmer, it's probably just about that comic series. Meh.

Talents

Banned
Da fuq is happening in here? How do you guys know something is going to happen?

But if it's related to Palmer, it's probably just about that comic series. Meh.
Can't wait to see GAF's reaction to this announcement.
What the fuck? Did I miss something? How do you guys know anything?
Yeah, I'm confused too.

if there is a Sarah Palmer Halo game coming out I will buy it. Then play it. And then burn down an orphanage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhy-w4o0P70

IHaveIce

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/h3j7SuL.png[IMG]

If 343 came out the back of Halo 4 and then thought the best step they could take from there was to make a game about Sarah Palmer..

oh God..[/QUOTE]
"Hey we should do an offspring game featuring spartans, what should we do?"

"OH we could use the Spartan 2's and integrate them in the game lore?"

"Naaaahh let us use Palmer, she is such a brilliant written character"

4chanSarahPalmerstory.jpg

EDIT: Oh shit there it is. Windows 8 and PC exclusive, RTS game..... WAT

Fuchsdh

Hmm. If that's legit, wonder if they're making more changes to the Halo logotype or this is just a spinoff.

"Hey we should do an offspring game featuring spartans, what should we do?"

"OH we could use the Spartan 2's and integrate them in the game lore?"

"Naaaahh let us use Palmer, she is such a brilliant written character"

4chanSarahPalmerstory.jpg

EDIT: Oh shit there it is. Windows 8 and PC exclusive, RTS game..... WAT

Thing is, when I really think about it, I know that the likelihood we'd get quality NPC Spartan IIs is remote. Reach's Noble Team was useless in most cases, actively dangerous in others (Kat!) For Spartan IIs to work they'd have to be smart and effective. Essentially the best example we have of good NPC AI now is Elizabeth from Bioshock, and even there she has a host of obvious problems (well, you could fix the random teleporting thing, but still she avoids combat which makes her a whole lot better looking than otherwise.)

IHaveIce

Banned
Hmm. If that's legit, wonder if they're making more changes to the Halo logotype or this is just a spinoff.

Thing is, when I really think about it, I know that the likelihood we'd get quality NPC Spartan IIs is remote. Reach's Noble Team was useless in most cases, actively dangerous in others (Kat!) For Spartan IIs to work they'd have to be smart and effective. Essentially the best example we have of good NPC AI now is Elizabeth from Bioshock, and even there she has a host of obvious problems (well, you could fix the random teleporting thing, but still she avoids combat which makes her a whole lot better looking than otherwise.)

The other ODSTs in ODST were alright though in my opinion.

A Spartan ambush squad shooter like ODST

Omni

After watching the trailer... I'm angry.

Not at the fact that they're making the game, but because it looks pretty cool and I'm already planning to buy it (I got windows 8 for $10 a few months back). God damnit.

Madness

A spinoff featuring their overhyped creation Sarah Palmer? I'm shocked.

Anyone could see how they're trying to make her relevant. Making her a central character in toys and action figures, making her one of the central characters in Spartan Ops or the introduction to War Games, the new comic coming out, and now this Spartan assault game.

And it's funny how they wrote the series has never been about the game launched on the xbox. But about the books and other stuff. Wrong, the series has always been about CE and the impact it had on the console industry, especially shooters.

I don't get it, Palmer is universally hated on almost every forum. From here, to GameFAQs, to IGN, to Bungie.net, I read topic after topic how everyone wished she'd die.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
After watching the trailer... I'm angry.

Not at the fact that they're making the game, but because it looks pretty cool and I'm already planning to buy it (I got windows 8 for $10 a few months back). God damnit.

why would that make you angry? oh, holagaf.

kylej

Banned
I can't tell if Last of Us is getting Halo 4 9.8 style ad funded scores, hype scores, of it it's that good. I'm pissed cause now I gotta hook up my PS3 again

m23

So after playing for an entire day what's everyone's sane feedback on the update?

All it needs is an AR and SAW Nerf and I think it's good.

It's still Halo 4. I mean if you didn't like the game before I don't think the update will change anyone's mind. I played a bit last night and love the BR, but constantly getting destroyed by a saw by the same guy over and over again just pissed me off.

IHaveIce

Banned
I can't tell if Last of Us is getting Halo 4 9.8 style ad funded scores, hype scores, of it it's that good. I'm pissed cause now I gotta hook up my PS3 again
Demo was great, still no fan of zombies or the multiplayer( looks generic and wasted dev time)

Locking more Halo 4 items behind more paywalls. Get Spartan Assualt, get an exclusive Halo 4 emblem.

Remember when 343 would say shit like they wanted the storie to be in one place so that players could hop in without having to have read/watched the books/terminals. Why couldn't that same logic apply to the content in the game?

Action figures, books and now other fucking games? Why? Why is it the players that suffer through locked out content and shitty preorder/retailer exclusives? The fans of the series surely benefit enough from having another book they want to read or having the toys to collect. Why, then, would you further alienate the people left playing the game?

:lol Crazy

Madness

Am I the only one feeling salty? This reminds me of that shitty mountain dew game before the Halo 4 launch.

I mean it's Halo in name only. Made by some new random mobile developer from the Netherlands who released one game I've heard of but never played, Gatling Gears. Plus it stars the character people loathe. Do a poll on any site of Halo fans, what they think of Palmer. Hell I'd rather play as some new unknown Spartan-IV than her.

Who even uses Windows Phone 8 or Surface tablets?Sure it'll come to Windows 8, but why would I want to play this on my laptop or something? I understand why it's not coming to iOS/Android, but they're severely limiting themselves here. If this was coming to XBLA, than that's a different story. That would have sold pretty decently, I'd have probably bought it just to see what it's like.

Look how quickly Gears of War on PC flopped. I'll add some sugar to my post by saying, I'm glad they are branching out, adding new experiences, etc. And they probably didn't spend much money etc.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
^ Game doesn't look shitty though. Also it's not just Win8, it's Win8 Phone too. Also Hydra you seem new to the concept of Halo (and many other games) having comics, books, toys, and mobile games.

Needs to be on iOS, but I love how it looks (Halo Wars style) and Polygon mentions it plays surprisingly well.

I'll grab it on my Surface Pro.

Sarah Palmer lol.

EDIT:
Some nice art tho.

Omni

Am I the only one feeling salty? This reminds me of that shitty mountain dew game before the Halo 4 launch.
:lol

I mean it's Halo in name only. Made by some new random mobile developer from the Netherlands who released one game I've heard of but never played, Gatling Gears. Plus it stars the character people loathe. Do a poll on any site of Halo fans, what they think of Palmer. Hell I'd rather play as some new unknown Spartan-IV than her.
Didn't they have help from 10 343i employees or something? Not entirely relevant as it all passes through 343i anyway - they aren't going to release something that destroys their canon or whatever. So it is Halo. Agreed about Palmer.

Who even uses Windows Phone 8 or Surface tablets?Sure it'll come to Windows 8, but why would I want to play this on my laptop or something? I understand why it's not coming to iOS/Android, but they're severely limiting themselves here. If this was coming to XBLA, than that's a different story. That would have sold pretty decently, I'd have probably bought it just to see what it's like.
I think it's coming to W8 PCs at the same time as the WP and Surface versions. And why not play it on your laptop?

Look how quickly Gears of War on PC flopped. I'll add some sugar to my post by saying, I'm glad they are branching out, adding new experiences, etc. And they probably didn't spend much money etc.
Is that even comparable in the least? This obviously isn't some big budget PC game that they're expecting big returns on... It's a $7 mobile game on a platform with a rather small market share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom