• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so Microsoft to release a new game behind an OS/platform wall. Classic.

Jesus this franchise is going to shit, its so fucking embarrassing being a fan of this nonsense.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That's so Microsoft to release a new game behind an OS/platform wall. Classic.

Jesus this franchise is going to shit, its so fucking embarrassing being a fan of this nonsense.

lol. I mean, I want it on iOS too, but is it really THIS big of deal for it to be Windows 8 exclusive? It's a mobile game. If anything I'm surprised/more upset that it's not on XBLA.

I fully expect the game to be a timed exclusive on the Windows Platforms.

This too. They like money too much.

I fully expect the game to be a timed exclusive on the Windows Platforms.

Timed exclusives are an embarrassment to the gaming community.

You reach levels of hype then the game comes out then it dies. Then you reach levels of hype again for new platform then it comes out and it dies. You never reach full hypetitude when you do this. Full hypetitude is important.

I'll buy Spartan Assault when it hits the Xbone. Palmer's character didn't bother me in the Spops cut scenes, it was more the incessant in-game chatter that was a problem. Really more of an issue with the developer's use of the character than with the character herself.

Assault Heroes was one of my favorite games on the 360, so I'll probably like the Halo version of it. Just a bummer that there's no co-op.

RIP Custom Games Browser Ambassador

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
nJv5TpV.gif

Jesus is that Marina?

Timed exclusives are an embarrassment to the gaming community.

You reach levels of hype then the game comes out then it dies. Then you reach levels of hype again for new platform then it comes out and it dies. You never reach full hypetitude when you do this. Full hypetitude is important.
Oh I agree.

That said, it's a $7 game, it's not like they're releasing Halo 5 only for a special version of Xbox that you have to friends of Steve Balmer's kids in order to get.
I'll buy Spartan Assault when it hits the Xbone. Palmer's character didn't bother me in the Spops cut scenes, it was more the incessant in-game chatter that was a problem. Really more of an issue with the developer's use of the character than with the character herself.

Assault Heroes was one of my favorite games on the 360, so I'll probably like the Halo version of it. Just a bummer that there's no co-op.

Loved Assault Heroes!

m23

If it's anything like Assault Heroes, I'm interested. I don't have a W8 device though so hopefully an Xbox release down the line is planned.

senador

Banned
Spartan Assault for Windows 8/etc makes sense as I think about it more. Windows Phone has Xbox like integrations but little support. They need some 1st party love to push it further. XBLA would have been great, but I definitely see why iOS isn't included. Why would they support another party before their own platforms?

I can't talk for Hypertrooper, but Zeny (and I) works for HaloDestiny, and the crew was invited to see the game last week at Microsoft France. It was presented by Dan Ayoub from 343i.

Interesting. Well, be careful what you say in advance here I guess. Seems like it'd be easy to get you guys off future lists...

But on the other hand, it also sucks. Being a Halo fan is weird.

I can't tell if Last of Us is getting Halo 4 9.8 style ad funded scores, hype scores, of it it's that good. I'm pissed cause now I gotta hook up my PS3 again
The game is probabaly that good. The demo was fantastic.

Honestly, The Last of Us is the only game this gen I've ever been excited and hyped for on my PS3. I actually pulled my PS3 out and started playing it again for the first time in years for the game.

So hyped.

They wont listen, do they? they will keep on his track wherever happens to the Halo franchise.

I love to POSH DA BOTTONS as much as any other member of CWIMSON but I honestly don't mind a game like this being released. I mean, think about it: would you rather Halo 4 ODST to feature Palmer as an XBO launch title, or them sticking her in a simple, outsourced mobile game that about 8 people will buy?

TCKaos

Wait, so why don't people like SA?

Because PALMER WINDOWS 8 PHONE CRIMSON EGGHEAD.

I dunno, it looks neat. I'd buy it if I had a platform I could play it on, but I don't, so I won't.

I'm surprised they're releasing the Palmer game on a platform with no buttons.

DeadNames

Banned
Because PALMER WINDOWS 8 PHONE CRIMSON EGGHEAD.

I dunno, it looks neat. I'd buy it if I had a platform I could play it on, but I don't, so I won't.

Palmer as a character wasn't that bad.

Her in game chatter in Spartan Ops was just cringeworthy however.

Surely it'll come to XBLA and maybe iOS, they'd be crazy not to do it. Before I read about the game, I was looking at the title and was really hoping it was Halo XCOM. That would have been amazing, though a twin-stick shooter is cool. But I guess it's all irrelevant since I have no way to play the game at the moment.

edit: Wait, it's also on Windows 8? Cool, I'll try it then.

hahahaha

TCKaos

Alternatively, you could say that because of the touch screen the entire device is nothing but a giant button, which would be perfectly fitting.

Tawpgun

Cool to see Assault Heroes fans in here, if the game is like that (looks like it is), should be fun stuff.

I don't think anyone here is opposed to the game. It just sucks that some of the halo fans who really want to play it won't get to because MSoft is using it solely as an OS seller.

The its fucking nothing gif is appropriate here.

Smartphone games and PC games don't appeal to me. And the fact its tied to Windows 8 seems to be pissing a lot of people off too.

343 are listening to feedback though, we finally got a game featuring the most popular character from Halo 4.

Fuck Halo.

Smartphone games and PC games don't appeal to me. And the fact its tied to Windows 8 seems to be pissing a lot of people off too.

343 are listening to feedback though, we finally got a game featuring the most popular character from Halo 4.

Fuck Halo.
Tell me how you really feel.

Even if it is groaning under the weight of Palmer, I hope the game is good. If it's bad, that'd be much worse (for 343's reputation in minen eyes)

Vico

Fuck Halo.

Meh, it's not that bad.
Game looks fun, and looks like a Halo title.

I don't own any Windows 8 platforms, though.

Juices what happened to your gamertag?

I believe Dong got added to the filtered words list. Or else too many people reported it. Either way I'm OK with it I was getting bored of it anyways and a free gamertag change is a nice bonus.

Yea I tried the new TU patch. The game is still a crazy hot mess and all my angry thoughts can be found in the other Halo thread. The management and handling of that game is just terrible.

Spartan Assault looks pretty cool

But it's probably going to bomb pretty hard. I have no idea why they wouldn't release this for the XBLA instead. Seems like a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom