• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Mass Effect 3 is only $7.99 at Best Buy new... If any of you have yet to play it, consider picking it up. It's only been like a year since it came out.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Phil's Polygon review is well done too, so I can't even hate his score. The other scores are craaaaaaaaazy though. Over 30 perfect scores so far.

I should be reviewing the game this week hopefully, so we'll see where I fall.

This sums up many of the reactions in that thread.

1368113726727fcutw.gif

Credits to Sethos

wwm0nkey

Aw hell yiss.

Unrelated, but wasn't Sony trying to get DayZ on PS4 a while back? Would be amazing if they pulled it off.

Yeah Sony was the one who contacted them and Dean (Rocket) already said it would run on PS4.....thats probably going to happen.

PS4 is picking up all the right "smaller" titles.

Seriously though whoever gets a PS4 there needs to be a HolaGAF group or something....I mean even if some people are not interested....why not....its free.

PS2 is almost a system seller for me. If they get DayZ, then I'm getting PS4 day zero.
DayZ is a given at this point since Sony was the ones pursuing them, and PS2 IS a system seller for me its the best F2P MMO FPS out there. Now if PSO2 is announced......I will need to have it.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
These new rumors around the cancelled MS - Game Journo roundtables and Xbox One versions of multiplats only are ..interesting.

I'll say this as a former member of the games press and as someone who knows absolutely nothing about scheduling decisions at this E3.

Personally, I always hated those roundtable interviews. I never wanted to waste my good questions in front of other media so the questions always ended up being either terrible or safe/obvious.

IHaveIce

Banned
I'll say this as a former member of the games press and as someone who knows absolutely nothing about scheduling decisions at this E3.

Personally, I always hated those roundtable interviews. I never wanted to waste my good questions in front of other media so the questions always ended up being either terrible or safe/obvious.

A friend of mine who is also journalist of the gaming press for a magazine here in Germany said exactly the same thing.

One on One Interviews still seem to happen.

Ah, interesting perspective.

My concern comes from more that it (both the cancelled roundtable and the paid multiplat hiding of PS4 versions -rumour-) doesn't send a confident signal to the press / core, in what has been a ... wobbly month for the One.

Obvious there may be alternate plans, but show a level of confidence and gung ho'ness regarding the vocal concerns and confusion is what I'd be trying to pursue right now.

This decision makes me wonder about what the confidence level of those making these decisions is when it comes to "controlling the message".
It's message control and positivity that I want to see Microsoft demonstrate at E3.
The core want to be won.

That in reaction to the Xbox Reveal blowups, they've courted a bunch of third parties who are making Xbox One & PS4 versions of games to only show the Xbox One versions at E3.

And now crazy b has weighed in on the esram?

Wow that's kinda lame. Digital Foundry will show us what's up come release of these games. I just wish they could release comparisons like a week before every multiplat release.

m23

These new rumors around the cancelled MS - Game Journo roundtables and Xbox One versions of multiplats only are ..interesting.

The cancelled roundtable thing doesn't seem to be such a big deal, assuming they're still having one on ones with the press. Some people are acting as if MS just cancelled their entire press conference.

So I'm watching the BBC's excellent ripper street. It's got so much crossover was game of thrones. Hodor, Blackfish, Ser Barristan, Jorah Mormont and Bron is a member of the regular cast. 6 GoT actors and it's only 8 episodes long

Illuminati Exposed Media just got shared on my Facebook feed:

... not seeing the problem to be honest.

Just a lot of "IT CAN" "WHAT IF". Nothing set in stone that's going to happen.

All we know is that it's always on and always listening (and probably can only understand phrases that start with "Xbox.").

Nothing really terrifying about a gaming system.

daedalius

Illuminati Exposed Media just got shared on my Facebook feed:

1 in 2 webcams can be hacked!

I can't wait for my conspiracy theorist friend to start telling me how the government is using the xbox one to spy on me in preparation to take me to a internment camp and shoot me in the head.

Ghazi

1 in 2 webcams can be hacked!

I can't wait for my conspiracy theorist friend to start telling me how the government is using the xbox one to spy on me in preparation to take me to a internment camp and shoot me in the head.

Just paint the room your Xbox is in and clip it to the front of the camera, problem solved for the camera part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom