• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please get Halo Wars 2? Spartan Assault just looks freaking fun, and it reminds me of Halo Wars so much.

2823902-gallery.png

2823903-gallery.png

2823904-gallery.png

2823905-gallery.png

2823906-gallery.png

2823907-gallery.png

2823908-gallery.png

2823909-gallery.png

2823910-gallery.png

2823911-gallery.png

2823912-gallery.png

2823913-gallery.png

2823914-gallery.png

2823915-gallery.png

2823916-gallery.png

2823917-gallery.png

2823919-gallery.png

2823920-gallery.png

2823921-gallery.png

2823922-gallery.png

So good.

Just paint the room your Xbox is in and clip it to the front of the camera, problem solved for the camera part.

Its depth sensing, it will be able to detect stuff like this.

Now, I know the Xbox wont literally spy on me by sending my pictures videos to corporate HQs, I still am not a fan of the precedent it sets.

Talents

Banned
1 in 2 webcams can be hacked!

I can't wait for my conspiracy theorist friend to start telling me how the government is using the xbox one to spy on me in preparation to take me to a internment camp and shoot me in the head.

Don't be stupid, who'd ever believe that.

Is what I'd of said if I hadn't of seen some of the current conspiracy theories about other things.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Lmao, did they mention all Kinect features can be turned off? Still have to have the camera connected, but there are privacy settings. Wonder what those people do with the webcams built into their laptops.

The build issues are far more worrying at this point.

Lmao, did they mention all Kinect features can be turned off? Still have to have the camera connected, but there are privacy settings.

Wonder what those people do with the webcams built into their laptops.

Last I heard, if the Xbox One is on, the Kinect must be on.

Also, your webcam isn't built to constantly monitor for marketing purposes.

Illuminati Exposed Media just got shared on my Facebook feed:

For something that says "just the facts", that has some big generalizations and omissions.
-The microphone only hears "Xbox On" when the console is powered off, and MS has said you can fully power down the console (including the Kinect) if you want to.
-"1 in 2 webcams can be hacked" is such an absurd blanket statement. What OS, USB or integrated, what application is using it, what plugin/browser feature is using it, what permissions do those grant?
-Target ads. Ever used the internet? Now being against targeted ads is one thing, but it's not like the Kinect brings that to the table like it's a new thing (ads on the Xbox are already targeted based on your behavior with the console).
-"Plans to to restrict access to content if extra viewers come into the room" WAT. I've followed the new Xbox news pretty closely and not only have I not heard anything like that statement, but it's just ridiculous as well. Obvious bullshit statement.
-Naturally they omit the facts that MS has already stated that the new Xbox and Kinect will have a full set of privacy settings that you'll be able to adjust.

"Just the Facts" lol

m23

For something that says "just the facts", that has some big generalizations and omissions.
-The microphone only hears "Xbox On" when the console is powered off, and MS has said you can fully power down the console (including the Kinect) if you want to.
-"1 in 2 webcams can be hacked" is such an absurd blanket statement. What OS, USB or integrated, what application is using it, what plugin/browser feature is using it, what permissions do those grant?
-Target ads. Ever used the internet? Now being against targeted ads is one thing, but it's not like the Kinect brings that to the table like it's a new thing (ads on the Xbox are already targeted based on your behavior with the console).
-"Plans to to restrict access to content if extra viewers come into the room" WAT. I've followed the new Xbox news pretty closely and not only have I not heard anything like that statement, but it's just ridiculous as well. Obvious bullshit statement.
-Naturally they omit the facts that MS has already stated that the new Xbox and Kinect will have a full set of privacy settings that you'll be able to adjust.

"Just the Facts" lol

That was a rumour that came up due to a patent MS has or something, which again goes against the "Just the Facts" thing.

Now that 343's made a name for themselves, I actually kind of want a Halo 4 XBO rerelase just so we can see how many people are still interested now that they aren't still riding on blind hype and Bungie's legacy.

Speaking of zombie games, I'm thinking of picking up State of Decay. Just downloading it now, actually. Hope it's good, I've heard some great things about it so far. I briefly got to play at PAX Prime last year (it was right beside Halo 4's booth). The devs were pretty awesome to talk to.

More PC games need controller support.

Speaking of zombie games, I'm thinking of picking up State of Decay. Just downloading it now, actually. Hope it's good, I've heard some great things about it so far. I briefly got to play at PAX Prime last year (it was right beside Halo 4's booth). The devs were pretty awesome to talk to.

I played a bit of it. Its clearly made on a small budget and its got horrible IQ but the gameplay feels like a more refined Dead Rising which is a good thing. Animations are often hilarious. (try kicking)

I'd be interested if it gets the rumored co-op patch but as of now its kind of lacking in any real substance. I think if you have L4D/Dead Island and Dead Rising and are not a super zombie nut then its not going to provide any real new territory.

6.5/10 Will keep and eye on the dev, Will pass on the game

Just a quick question... couldn't I just turn the Kinect to be facing a wall while its on? Or does it actually have to detect a person?

Or could the Kinect just detect my heartbeat/emotions through vibrations going through the wall its facing anyway?

Just a quick question... couldn't I just turn the Kinect to be facing a wall while its on? Or does it actually have to detect a person?

Or could the Kinect just detect my heartbeat/emotions through vibrations going through the wall its facing anyway?
If you're serious:
1) Yes
2) I don't believe so, but there's a lot of misinformation / lack of clarity. We won't know everything until the system is out there probably
3) ...

More PC games need controller support.

I played a bit of it. Its clearly made on a small budget and its got horrible IQ but the gameplay feels like a more refined Dead Rising which is a good thing. Animations are often hilarious. (try kicking)

I'd be interested if it gets the rumored co-op patch but as of now its kind of lacking in any real substance. I think if you have L4D/Dead Island and Dead Rising and are not a super zombie nut then its not going to provide any real new territory.

6.5/10 Will keep and eye on the dev, Will pass on the game

The game seems fun so far, but yes, the image quality is pretty bad. I'll give it more time, they really let you go loose in the trial.

And to the bolded, I completely agree. Splitscreen/multiscreen mp, too. Not enough PC games support that as an option.

kylej

Banned
last of us is releasing on a friday? wat

also hooking up the ps3 = holy fuck please no more wires someone invent wireless power and wireless hdmi. every time I have to do something behind my component stand I cringe. I have cable ties and all sorts of management systems and it's still a nightmare.

Ghazi

also hooking up the ps3 = holy fuck please no more wires someone invent wireless power and wireless hdmi. every time I have to do something behind my component stand I cringe. I have cable ties and all sorts of management systems and it's still a nightmare.

Naw man, you just need the secret sauce for cable management:

I dont think HDMI currently has a part dedicated to power. So you couldnt really connect a wireless transmitter and receiver to two pieces of equipment. You'd need to add a power adapter which would be more cords.

? Someone smart?

C'mon Kyle it can't be that hard, just do this.

4.jpg

I dont think HDMI currently has a part dedicated to power. So you couldnt really connect a wireless transmitter and receiver to two pieces of equipment. You'd need to add a power adapter which would be more cords.

? Someone smart?

HDMI can't do current well

Electromagnetic induction would be wireless power providing you had a base station.

punch a hole in the wall behind the tv and just scoot hdmi cords down below to another hole in the wall. you have to punch the hole in the wall though, so its manly.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
punch a hole in the wall behind the tv and just scoot hdmi cords down below to another hole in the wall. you have to punch the hole in the wall though, so its manly.

I'd give it a shot if I could make a hole the size of the cable heads up top and down bottom, but you have to make a big ass hole to be able to find the cables when you drop them down into the wall.

I'd give it a shot if I could make a hole the size of the cable heads up top and down bottom, but you have to make a big ass hole to be able to find the cables when you drop them down into the wall.

You prolly can after a few tries. You push the head through and weight it with some sinkers and then take a wire shirt hanger thinger and hook the cable through the bottom slot.

m23

Turn 10 have an employee named "Kim Wolfkill" Microsoft Games studio are you recruiting people based on cool names?

Justin is never getting in. Quick change your name to Juicy Thunderwave.

I think he's related to Kiki Wolfkill, especially since she used to work on Forza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom