• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Completely random. All year I've been running 5km at the gym every second or third day (at first I could barely get through it and had to take breaks every 10 or so minutes). Lately I've been able to do it in about 25mins without any breaks at all and today I decided to push myself to see how far I could go. In an hour of solid running with no breaks, I ran 12km. Quite proud of that. I'm pretty sure I could have made it to 15km, but my ankle started hurting and I ran out of time.

Will definitely push for 15km and then 20km in the future. And to think that I thought my training wasn't paying off.

Untitled1-2.png~original

Forza Motorsports 5 running at native 1080p+60 frames?

HNGGGGGGG! So excited!

Hope Halo 5 is the same way, native 1080p+60 frames. Do it 343. <3

Omni

My tv doesn't even support 1080p... Haha. I thought that I was getting a good deal on a tv, but when I brought it home I found out that it only supported 1080i. Didn't really bother exchanging it because no games at the time were 1080p anyway.

Looks like that has come to bite me on the ass. Not sure if I'll have enough to buy a new tv and a new console. Hmm.

My tv doesn't even support 1080p... Haha. I thought that I was getting a good deal on a tv, but when I brought it home I found out that it only supported 1080i. Didn't really bother exchanging it because no games at the time were 1080p anyway.

Looks like that has come to bite me on the ass. Not sure if I'll have enough to buy a new tv and a new console. Hmm.

Thankfully 1080p TVs are a lot cheaper now then before. You could probably pick up a new one for $250 if you looked hard enough. Or buy an old one for $200.

Or use a Computer Monitor to game :p

Omni

Thankfully 1080p TVs are a lot cheaper now then before. You could probably pick up a new one for $250 if you looked hard enough. Or buy an old one for $200.

Or use a Computer Monitor to game :p
Yeah. Things are a tad more expensive here in Australia and I don't think I've seen a decent one under $500.

But I guess I could just hook the X1 into the 65" plasma in the lounge room until I have the extra money. Picked that one up maybe 7 months ago

Karl2177

Completely random. All year I've been running 5km at the gym every second or third day (at first I could barely get through it and had to take breaks every 10 or so minutes). Lately I've been able to do it in about 25mins without any breaks at all and today I decided to push myself to see how far I could go. In an hour of solid running with no breaks, I ran 12km. Quite proud of that. I'm pretty sure I could have made it to 15km, but my ankle started hurting and I ran out of time.

Will definitely push for 15km and then 20km in the future. And to think that I thought my training wasn't paying off.

If you really want to get those higher distances, you're going to want to cut your time down in the shorter ones. I used to be able to do a 5k in 17:30. Admittedly I ran cross country and track for one of the top schools in the state, but it definitely helped me when I wanted to do a half marathon.

Ghazi

If you really want to get those higher distances, you're going to want to cut your time down in the shorter ones. I used to be able to do a 5k in 17:30. Admittedly I ran cross country and track for one of the top schools in the state, but it definitely helped me when I wanted to do a half marathon.

Aww man, I'm in CC and I'm doing Track this upcoming year. Embarrassingly if you look my name up online it has one of my first races of the year where I ran a 5k in 25 minutes which is obviously really bad, I PR'd by the end of the year by bringing my best time down to 19 minutes. I didn't train at all last summer though, but I am this time so hopefully I'll do better this year.

RUNNINGGAF UNITE!

Omni

Ahh okay, I will focus on doing that then. I was just running on a treadmill at 12km/h which is a nice pace. I'm sure I could go faster but never really tried to turn the machine higher than that... Haha

Thanks for the tip

You guise run slow

u no nothin run slo

Question for frankis/davinkle: I've noticed that all the Forerunner tech that distorts things doesn't screw with it in a traditional fashion - for example, instead of the Cryptum releasing a typical blur/EMP, it pixelated the hell out of the whole area. When the comm relays jammed Infinity's transmission, it wasn't traditional distortion: it bitcrushed the audio. That is, reduced the bitrate significantly to mangle Del Rio's transmission. Likewise, nearly all Promethean weapons make use of heavily slowed-down SFX to give them their deeper, warm bassy/punchy sounds, and the Binary Rifle even relies on some 8-bit styled "feedback" triangle wave noises.

Is there no rhyme or reason to this, or is there some subtext hidden in Promethean tech about how the Forerunners are all about tradition so they decided to go 8-bit with all of their equipment?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Looks like Respawn's game leaked too. TitanFall. Coming to Xbox One, PC, and 360. The Xbox One and PC versions done in-house, 360 version outsourced. Mechs and humans.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The thing that stuck out to me for Halo is that Respawn mentioned they have "unlimited" dedicated servers and can leverage the cloud computing for things like AI, etc.

I'd almost put money on Halo 5 finally having dedicated servers at the very least.

I wouldn't think so.

Strangely enough however, every X1 game announced so far is 60fps (as opposed to the PS4, a system almost twice as powerful, with titles at 30fps).

It's the Call of Duty effect. I'm expecting better gameplay from One titles but better graphics/hardware capability from PS4.

willow ve

The thing that stuck out to me for Halo is that Respawn mentioned they have "unlimited" dedicated servers and can leverage the cloud computing for things like AI, etc.

I'd almost put money on Halo 5 finally having dedicated servers at the very least.
If Halo 5 doesn't have dedis and 60fps locked then all of HaloGAF has failed at life.

Omni

It's the Call of Duty effect. I'm expecting better gameplay from One titles but better graphics/hardware capability from PS4.

Mmm, maybe (in regards to better gameplay from X1 titles). It seems Sony really wants to bring it with the PS4 though.

God damn at those Last of Us reviews. If only I had a PS3... The game is sounding excellent and I would definitely buy it if I could. Actually puts in perspective how MS really dropped the ball with exclusives this generation. It has been just Gears and Halo constantly. Oh, and Kinect something. And none of those series/titles are particularly strong at the moment.

I think this upcoming gen will be the first where I try to get both consoles (not sure which order yet. Can't wait for E3)

Tawpgun

Doubt that would be a big deal. But if the rumors of the One's lack of power are true you could see things like next gen multiplats cutting features on the One, or holding back the PS4.

Cutting graphical features won't be that bad, and its good seeing the 60fps games on the One, but I could totally see something like the next Battlefield or whatever being 30 fps on One, and 60 and PS4 or something along the lines.

And graphics can affect gameplay too. The draw distance and fidelity on BF3 on consoles is shit. Everything looks super muddy, makes it very difficult to kill ground targets in the jet because as soon as they get drawn in by the engine, you have to pull up, whereas on PC you can spot them a lot earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom