• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Pretty excited for Destiny. I also think Marty is going to once again deliver with his music. That sample for Law of the Jungle was great. Then randomly listened to Pillar of Autumn from Halo:Reach, you know you do a great job when a certain hit of music can remind you exactly what happened in the campaign as it played etc.

I've played through H4 twice now, same as Reach and while I pretty much remember everything that happened, I couldn't for the life of me tell you what music played where etc.

wwm0nkey

from gaming side

Highlights (lowlights?):

No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)

Console Checks in Every 24 hours

Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at participating retailers

You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then it is stuck with them.

Up to 10 family members can play your games from any console at any time

The family sharing thing is cool, but the check-in DRM and the high potential for trade-ins going away (because what publisher would allow them?) means I'm out. Hopefully Sony doesn't have the same system. I'm pretty sure they said they weren't doing check-ins, at least.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The family sharing thing is cool, but the check-in DRM and the high potential for trade-ins going away (because what publisher would allow them?) means I'm out. Hopefully Sony doesn't have the same system. I'm pretty sure they said they weren't doing check-ins, at least.

The family thing is alright, but I could also literally walk across our dorm and hand a disc to you.

from gaming side

Honestly, I personally don't have any problems with this. My Xbox is connected to the internet 24/y right now, and I don't plan on changing that if I'd get an Xbone.

And for the used games thing, I think I've sold about 5 games in my life, and I can't remember the last time I borrowed a game/someone borrowed a game from me, so for me, that isn't a negative factor either.

I guess the decision between the Xbone and PS4 will come down to the better exclusives.

Honestly, I personally don't have any problems with this. My Xbox is connected to the internet 24/y right now, and I don't plan on changing that if I'd get an Xbone.

And for the used games thing, I think I've sold about 5 games in my life, and I can't remember the last time I borrowed a game/someone borrowed a game from me, so for me, that isn't a negative factor either.

I guess the decision between the Xbone and PS4 will come down to the better exclusives.

Used game thing doesn't bother me, either, because they also announced that every game will be available digitally day one. Which means I'll be going all digital this gen. Family deal seems cool, though most people I know have Xbox Live already, so I guess if I have kids this gen will be good... As for the connecting every 24 hours thing, well my Xbox is always connected anyway, so it doesn't really effect me much, unless my internet goes down, which it's done maybe once in the past 6 months.

Tawpgun

These restrictions just seem so arbitrary?

So you give the game to someone but they have to be on your friends list.

and you can't get the game back.

10 family members?

Random question, but has anyone ever ordered a digital code for MS points on the MS store? If so, how long did it take for them to email it to you? I've been waiting for over an hour for my code.... still nothing.

EDIT: And sure enough, right after I posted this, I got my email. Lol

I just use Amazon. No Email it just shows it on the screen after purchasing it.

I usually order from Amazon as well, but I had a $10 off coupon for the MS store.

Fotos

Random question, but has anyone ever ordered a 1600 digital code for MS points on the MS store? If so, how long did it take for them to email it to you? I've been waiting for over an hour for my code.... still nothing.

I just use Amazon. No Email it just shows it on the screen after purchasing it.

Random question, but has anyone ever ordered a digital code for MS points on the MS store? If so, how long did it take for them to email it to you? I've been waiting for over an hour for my code.... still nothing.

EDIT: And sure enough, right after I posted this, I got my email. Lol

I usually order from Amazon as well, but I had a $10 off coupon for the MS store.

Are the coupons working again? Thought Microsoft disabled them?

I think being able to buy the games digitally on day one is friggen awesome.

Its pretty annoying having to get outside to go pickup a game. That requires putting on pants. I hate putting on pants. I'm going to buy a game, those pants are going to be irrelevant the next 15 or so hours because I'm about to marathon the shit outta this thing. So now I had to put on pants and take pants off, waste gas and energy driving somewhere, dealing with moron drivers who suck at driving. DRIVE YOUR CAR THE LIGHT IS GREEN MORAN. Drive your car drive your car drive your car use your car that you have go go ggooooo. Are you stupid?!

The only place I plan on driving today is to Taco Bell, if I cant order that on my Xbone that is.

No more having to talk to stupid Gamestop employees. No Mr. I would not like to preorder Nintendo WiiU, I am good at video games and not a soccer mom, thank you for asking.

Tawpgun

Honestly, I still don't understand why they feel the need to put these arbitrary restrictions on who can play your game.

I think being able to buy the games digitally on day one is friggen awesome.

Its pretty annoying having to get outside to go pickup a game. That requires putting on pants. I hate putting on pants. I'm going to buy a game, those pants are going to be irrelevant the next 15 or so hours because I'm about to marathon the shit outta this thing. So now I had to put on pants and take pants off, waste gas and energy driving somewhere, dealing with moron drivers who suck at driving. DRIVE YOUR CAR THE LIGHT IS GREEN MORAN. Drive your car drive your car drive your car use your car that you have go go ggooooo. Are you stupid?!

The only place I plan on driving today is to Taco Bell, if I cant order that on my Xbone that is.

No more having to talk to stupid Gamestop employees. No Mr. I would not like to preorder Nintendo WiiU, I am good at video games and not a soccer mom, thank you for asking.

Yeah day-one digital was one of my top wishes for this next generation.

Tawpgun

Probably the only good thing to come out of their new policies. Pre-loading would be rad, and the game needs to be installed anyway right? Don't see why anyone would want to buy discs anymore. get shit on retailers.

Its also important, and I hope this is the case that every game can be bought digitally.

Its very important for my minimalist tendencies. I hate having cd cases and cds that will break and shatter eventually. I want 1s and 0s. In clouds that are backed up.

I'd like to see the new SimCity come to Xbone. Noone I know plays ...and Origin lol.

Its also important, and I hope this is the case that every game can be bought digitally.

Its very important for my minimalist tendencies. I hate having cd cases and cds that will break and shatter eventually. I want 1s and 0s. In clouds that are backed up.

Haha, I want the exact opposite. I love having physical copies. I see why people prefer digital though.

I'd like to see the new SimCity come to Xbone. Noone I know plays ...and Origin lol.

I'm the same way. Less shit that actually physically exists, the better. Games are just data anyway. Game discs scratch, break, get lost, stolen, etc. If Microsoft can guarantee they won't lose my shit, and that, even if I somehow get banned in the future for posting on their forums like EA does, and lose all my games, then it's cool. Day 1 digital.

Is it only possible to give your game away if you own the disc? Or can I gift a "used" digital copy to a friend, too?

Apparently you can only play for one hour on another console while signed in to your account?

You can play as long as you want, but the console needs to check in to Xbox Live every hour, so you can't be offline for more than an hour on your friend's Xbox, every 24 hours if it's your Xbox.

It sounded like all games day one to me.

So does this mean I can have GAFers inside my 10 family members?

They haven't given any details, but I'd assume they have a way to prevent something like this. One person giving away a free copy to 9 people for every new game they buy is worse than people buying used, I imagine.

Tawpgun

You can play as long as you want, but the console needs to check in to Xbox Live every hour, so you can't be offline for more than an hour on your friend's Xbox, every 24 hours if it's your Xbox.

Oh ok. This ain't that bad. The restrictions of loaning games is a bitch, but with everything being available day 1 digital (hopefully with pre-loading) then its not gonna affect me for the most part since not many people will have disc based games. I hope I'll still be able to loan a digital game to a friend though, even if it is only once. Shame microsoft won't allow you to loan more than once. gotta squeeze every cent out huh.

@ram I assume family members means same IP address

J10

Banned
Does Stinkles post here? I wanna know who or what was in that spaceship that crashed on Installation 04 in the HCEA terminals. Humans or what?

Oh ok. This ain't that bad. The restrictions of loaning games is a bitch, but with everything being available day 1 digital (hopefully with pre-loading) then its not gonna affect me for the most part since not many people will have disc based games. I hope I'll still be able to loan a digital game to a friend though, even if it is only once. Shame microsoft won't allow you to loan more than once. gotta squeeze every cent out huh.

@ram I assume family members means same IP address

Yeah, I'm guessing it's to prevent people from creating aftermarket digital stores, and the 30 day friend thing to cut down on gametrade scamming, and mule account creation (which would help the aftermarket stores). I wonder how well a microsoft/publisher controlled auction house for used digital games would work...

Homeboyd

How in the hell did babby blue get banned? Also, I'm a stingy asshole so these policies don't bother me. Sucks if you aren't though.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I lost it when Speedy straight up said he was glad that MS added this DRM, and that the family sharing thing was "too generous".

There's brand loyalty, and that's fine, but dayum. There is a limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom