• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Of course, but he equated letting a friend borrow your things with theft. Plus a few pages back, a few people tried to pretend like this is a good thing for gamers and consumers.

I lost it when Speedy straight up said he was glad that MS added this DRM, and that the family sharing thing was "too generous".

There's brand loyalty, and that's fine, but dayum. There is a limit.

GAF mods banning people for liking the Xbox One, now?

Apparently he got banned because bish apparently knew agencies hired posters to praise the xbox or something. Or thats what he says on tweeter

Speedy had a new account and was defending the xbox (to a ridiculous degree) and got hit in the crossfire.

rip

Geeze. As a fan of Microsoft and the Xbox One, I better watch what I say!

Tawpgun

Apparently he got banned because bish apparently knew agencies hired posters to praise the xbox or something. Or thats what he says on tweeter

Speedy had a new account and was defending the xbox (to a ridiculous degree) and got hit in the crossfire.

rip

Homeboyd

rip
Hahahaha good shit

I really don't think it's that funny he got banned. Kid has some bad opinions but a perma is bullshit. We played with him, we know he's just a teen. I don't get it.

Madness

How the heck are they supposed to know? You have a junior defending Microsoft like clockwork for some reason. It's a misunderstanding.

It honestly blows my mind how anyone can PRAISE this or say it's a GOOD thing. You can be indifferent if it doesn't affect you, but damn, how is good from a gamer or consumer standpoint?

And it's now coming to light that Ubisoft, Activision and EA the biggest and most greedy publishers with strict DRM and poor dlc policies are the ones who pushed for this.

Not surprising that as soon as the Xbox One no used games policy is teased, EA says it's dropping online passes. No shit, because new games and Xbox One connected checks will serve as the new online pass.

Wow really?

I guess I can't praise the One anymore. That's pretty cool, gaf. Sucks for Speedy.

You can praise the Xbone all you want. Speedy's post was over the top and honestly looked like he was paid to write it. If he didn't post in HaloGAF it would look like a shill account to me. He shouldn't be banned for his (awful) opinion, but I can see why he mistakingly was.

Wait a minute, Speedy lied about being a girl on the Sega Forums... This could be some Arlington Road shit.

Wait... MS retweeted his tweet when he said he would "skip school" for their Xbox One debut.

Holy ffffffuuuuuuuu

RIP speedy, Guy seemed fine if young.

I have no real issue with the Xbox One. Underpowered is my only real "problem" but it is what it is.

I plan to lean more towards PC next gen but I have no doubt I'll get lots of enjoyment out of both the Xbone and the PS4. GAF meltdowns and hyperbole make reading Gaming Side difficult because people are so sure that Sony have already won next gen. Its reaching stupid levels of fanboyism on both sides.

Looking back at this point I'd say on a personal level Xbox won this generation. Sony played well at the end but the first few years really fucked them over. Next gen will be a change in the balance of power but I have no doubt MS will be able to at some degree hold their own.

Remote play with Vita on PS4 is a huge plus for me. I'd love something like that for a Halo title.

Madness

What did he do???

Blindly defended Microsoft on several threads, basically invalidating concerns others had.

I haven't seen what he posted today that got him banned, but these were gems from yest. I'm guessing when the mods issued warning of 'junior' plants and you have Speedy on and on about how these policies are perfect, how it's too generous of Microsoft etc. They probably thought he was a plant. And it comes down to age and fanboyism but damn, is it true it's perma? As for that turn 10 defense, someone said that 10 friends could chip in money and each play the game etc. And Speedy said that the policy is already too generous and will be abused lol.

I've spent $300 on Gold and don't regret it at all. Got my monies worth. Great value to me.

Also spent $20 on PS+ to try it out and I regret it so much. Wasn't a valuable service to me.

This is what I hope Microsoft can prevent. Sad that Microsoft's generosity will probably bite them and publishers.I can already see 10 friends buying one copy of Forza Motorsport 5, paying $6 each. Then add it to their "family" list of games, and all 10 people get Forza Motorsport 5 for the price of one cheap game. Really screwing over Turn 10, now 10 people play their game for the price of one. The policy would be fantastic if it was limited to Consoles on the same network only. Or even if only one family member can play the game at a time, just like real life. Really hope Microsoft finds a way to avoid abuse.

Ghazi

Getting free games monthly and discounts compared to having to pay $60 for online (that's basically it, really) that's free on PSN isn't good value?

Wat.

Madness

Getting free games monthly and discounts compared to having to pay $60 for online (that's basically it, really) that's free on PSN isn't good value?

Wat.

That's just it... This wasn't just some random posts. Lol, poor Speedy has been defending them like clockwork on every single thread since it was announced. I just want to know what he wrote today that finally got him canned.

Hopefully he gets unbanned since he isn't PR. It's ironic though that his twitter reads sort of like his NeoGAF defense and that MS even retweeted his tweet about skipping school to watch lol.

PS+ is lightyears above XBL

Its literally the only thing I own a PS3 for. This month was fantastic

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (solid title)
ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection (critically acclaimed)
Demon’s Souls (GAF acclaimed)
Rayman Origins (amazing)

Not to mention since Xmas I've have some amazing titles for both PS3 and Vita. All for the price of a single game.

That's just it... This wasn't just some random posts. Lol, poor Speedy has been defending them like clockwork on every single thread since it was announced. I just want to know what he wrote today that finally got him canned.

His post history reads like a PR marketing firm acting like an armature forum user. He might as well have thrown in some SEO Keywords.

Blindly defended Microsoft on several threads, basically invalidating concerns others had.

I haven't seen what he posted today that got him banned, but these were gems from yest. I'm guessing when the mods issued warning of 'junior' plants and you have Speedy on and on about how these policies are perfect, how it's too generous of Microsoft etc. They probably thought he was a plant. And it comes down to age and fanboyism but damn, is it true it's perma? As for that turn 10 defense, someone said that 10 friends could chip in money and each play the game etc. And Speedy said that the policy is already too generous and will be abused lol.

Dude, it's ok that some people don't find value in things that you like, or vice versa. I own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, yet I've never subscribed to PS+ and have 6+ years on Xbox Live...

Madness

Dude, it's ok that some people don't find value in things that you like, or vice versa. I own both a PS3 and an Xbox 360, yet I've never subscribed to PS+ and have 6+ years on Xbox Live...

I know it's okay, I've got going on 7+ years on Live, plus I had about 2+ years with the original xbox.

I never subscribed to ps+ either. But I'd never say ps+ didn't have much value.

Only reason I said that is because it wasn't just some random posts today, but several. I bet Bish even checked his post history before banning.

Ghazi

It makes me sad that I have to pay for Live, it's not worth it at all to me and I'd rather have PS+. But all my games and friends are on my 360, if they'd made the One BC then I would've considered it a little more. I'll be holding on to my 360 for a long time
if it doesn't break

I know it's okay, I've got going on 7+ years on Live, plus I had about 2+ years with the original xbox.

I never subscribed to ps+ either. But I'd never say ps+ didn't have much value.

Only reason I said that is because it wasn't just some random posts today, but several. I bet Bish even checked his post history before banning.

Value is subjective... He said in that very post you quoted, "wasn't as valuable to me". Completely valid opinion. And you know what? I agree. Most of the games on PS+ I've either already played on PC or Xbox, or I don't find them that interesting anyway, as most of the games I want to play, I buy on release on either PC or Xbox, since that's where my friend network is. Of course, that's not every game on there, but it's enough that I don't bother subscribing. I also don't own a Vita. Now, that's not to say it can't be a valuable service to others.

I think Speedy got confused when talking about the 10 person family thing, and his criticisms are valid if that were actually the case. 10 people don't get to own a game on a family account, that would be insane. They can share one game license amongst the 10 people registered under the parent account, and only 2 people can play the title at any given time (as far as I can gather). This is similar to how Microsoft's Office 365 sub works.

Whatever, it's dumb if he got banned for that, and I read his recent posts.

Madness

He didn't get banned for that. I think he was banned today after Bish warned of paid staffers or plants praising these features or deflecting criticism and he got caught in the crossfire aka junior cull.

I've got no problem with what he wrote. We're all entitled to opinions. I'm just saying that if a mod looked at his posts, especially in nearly every Xbox One thread, he's praising them like clockwork. That thread was about the value of Xbox Live. Reread his post. He didn't elaborate what was of value to him, and in the same post, disparaged a competing service without reasons why.

On a side note if you are reading Speedy, I've got no ill will or any problems and I hope you are unbanned since it was a mistake.

Wait a minute, Speedy lied about being a girl on the Sega Forums... This could be some Arlington Road shit.

Wait... MS retweeted his tweet when he said he would "skip school" for their Xbox One debut.

Holy ffffffuuuuuuuu

zeyebrow_wtf_gif.gif

Madness

Anyone else get an email from Bungie regarding Destiny at E3? Seems like they're trying to get the word out to Bungie.net fans.

Can't wait to see what they've been actively working on since like 2009.

He didn't get banned for that. I think he was banned today after Bish warned of paid staffers or plants praising these features or deflecting criticism and he got caught in the crossfire aka junior cull.

I've got no problem with what he wrote. We're all entitled to opinions. I'm just saying that if a mod looked at his posts, especially in nearly every Xbox One thread, he's praising them like clockwork. That thread was about the value of Xbox Live. Reread his post. He didn't elaborate what was of value to him, and in the same post, disparaged a competing service without reasons why.

On a side note if you are reading Speedy, I've got no ill will or any problems and I hope you are unbanned since it was a mistake.

Shitty luck, man. That sucks, he won't be able to be unbanned from a perma, eh?

I got the email just now, too. Thought it was a beta invite, since all I could see from the subject line was: "Mr Greencastle, Destiny...", almost shat myself.

DeadNames

Banned
I dont know about any of this whatnot nonsense about companies hiring people, however, CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS II HAS SPECTATOR MODE. A FEATURE THAT IS NOT IN HALO 4.

Such a whopping success right?

It's like ordering a deep fried baconator with a kale shake.

It may be really nice and good for you (or in this case, the community), but as long as the main course sucks... well it's kind of counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom