• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Next time I get sent to the Realm of the Banned I'm exacting some temporal distortion-level shit to switch souls with EazyB to get that motherfucker back in here. He's the hero HolaGAF deserves.

On an unrelated note, provided we do a Halo 4 Montage, can I do some stupid commercials to break up music transitions as a sort of halftime show?

No. Provide gameplay that fits your personality

Omni

Since E3 is in a few days, I've been thinking... We need an E3 drinking game.

I'm thinking a shot every time I hear the words/phrases: "revolutionary", "TV", "Kinect", "immersive", "visceral", "cloud", "Halo", "innovative", "The power of the cloud", "Xbox One", "60fps", "Call of Duty", "synergy", "Next gen experience", "genre defining", "state of the art".

Plus additional drinks for every time there is a new FPS announced.

or one of these could work too.

Microsoft.jpg

Sony.jpg

Was planning to go out before E3 (starts a bit after midnight here), so I'm pretty sure that when I get home I'll already be a tad wasted. But I'll probably end up doing it regardless.

Speedy, You're only back because I talked with the bish and it got it squared out.

Bish said:
He was being a jackass on Gaming Side, but I'll lift the ban.

He needs to keep his nose clean or else that's it until after E3 at the earliest.

Also that dude breaking a Kinect, why would you waste money buying one and then wreaking it. If you have extra cash then do something worthwhile with it. Like join a gym and stop being such a fat ass.
It's his schtick, how he gets attention.

Months away from launch, tis real early days for purchasing decisions right now.
Not that I think people shouldn't speak up.

m23

It's his schtick, how he gets attention.

Months away from launch, tis real early days for purchasing decisions right now.
Not that I think people shouldn't speak up.

I think in the end, it will come down to price and games. Some people who feel very strongly about some of these policies I understand won't get a console either way.

Still hyped to see some of the new games, TitanFall has me excited already.

willow ve

I think in the end, it will come down to price and games. Some people who feel very strongly about some of these policies I understand won't get a console either way.

Still hyped to see some of the new games, TitanFall has me excited already.
If Sony had a first party controller with offset thumb sticks...

E3 2013 10/11-13 June

Live Streams

Microsoft – Mon 10 June @ 9:30am PDT/5:30pm BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN Xbox GameInformer GameTrailers

Also Available via Xbox Event Player App on Xbox Live

Ubisoft – Mon 10 June @ 1pm PDT/9pm BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN GameInformer GameTrailers

Electronic Arts – Mon 10 June @ 3pm PDT/11pm BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN EA GameInformer GameTrailers

Sony – Mon/Tue 11 June @ 6pm PDT/2am BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN GameInformer GameTrailers

Also Available on PS3 and PS Vita

Nintendo (Direct) – Tue 11 June @ 7am PDT/3pm BST
Streams: Nintendo IGN GameInformer GameTrailers

Square Enix - Shows throughout E3 on their own Youtube Channel
Streams: Youtube

For those who are having issue loading streams based on region (Note: I doubt anyone actually will but just to be safe)

Chrome/Firefox Users
Media Hint

Firefox Users
Install This.
Restart firefox
Go to Tools>Add-ons>Modify Headers 0.7.1.1>Options
Under "Select Action" Select "Add"
In the box next to it type "X-Forwarded-For"
In the 2nd box type 12.13.14.15
Click the Add Button
Click "Start" in the top left corner
Click OK

Fracas

#fuckonami
You guys talking about the cloud for Xbox One might want to read this article.

Digital Foundry took a look at the feasibility of cloud computing. TL:DR- in theory, you're not getting much out of cloud computing, especially compared to MS's claims.

Since E3 is in a few days, I've been thinking... We need an E3 drinking game.

I'm thinking a shot every time I hear the words/phrases: "revolutionary", "TV", "Kinect", "immersive", "visceral", "cloud", "Halo", "innovative", "The power of the cloud", "Xbox One", "60fps", "Call of Duty", "synergy", "Next gen experience", "genre defining", "state of the art".

Plus additional drinks for every time there is a new FPS announced.

or one of these could work too.

Was planning to go out before E3 (starts a bit after midnight here), so I'm pretty sure that when I get home I'll already be a tad wasted. But I'll probably end up doing it regardless.

Take a drink if any weapons resembling mine show up.

Overdose on sudafed if they outright steal any of my gameplay elements.

The thing that is not so clear on the Xbox One it sharing of games between family members at the same time.

So I play Minecraft with my Son over live on 2 consoles when I work away during the week. Will I have to buy 2 copies now? We do the same with a digital copy of Reach.

You guys talking about the cloud for Xbox One might want to read this article.

Digital Foundry took a look at the feasibility of cloud computing. TL:DR- in theory, you're not getting much out of cloud computing, especially compared to MS's claims.

Yeah, there's no way around it: Xbox One is going to be noticeably less powerful than the PS4. Kudos to Sony. Microsoft's only hope is to crank out great games and services. They're going to have to bring some serious heat at E3.

I had never seen the large version of this pic. So good!

Imagine Halo 2 ending like this. You fight through the Forerunner Dreadnought. The final cutscene is Chief amid dozens of dead Covenant.

Chief on Radio - "This is Spartan 117 can anyone read me, over?"
Hood - Master Chief, do you mind telling me what you are doing aboard that ship?'
Chief - "Sir, finishing this fight."

Cutscene - A huge wave of Covenant approaches and he sprints for the nearest airlock. Shows Chief ripping the door off straight out off its holdings. He ejects himself from the ship. The final scene is Chief shown in this image. He flies straight into the camera and it cuts to black.

That would have been awesome. /dream

Ghazi

Chief on Radio - "This is Spartan 117 can anyone read me, over?"
Hood - Master Chief, do you mind telling me what you are doing aboard that ship?'
Chief - "Sir, finishing this bag of Doritos."

Nutter

Y U hav to be mad?

I do not agree with the 24 check-in, but everything else is essentially Steam like. If you have a problem with this, then I sure do hope you have issues with how Steam handles their DRM. Now with that said, you calling me a shill and want to stop playing Halo? Holy shit... you are a butt hurt scrub.

Sai-kun

Banned
Y U hav to be mad?

I do not agree with the 24 check-in, but everything else is essentially Steam like. If you have a problem with this, then I sure do hope you have issues with how Steam handles their DRM..

Yeah, but Steam has NEVER allowed you to lend your games to friends, or share a game collection amongst a group of people. The Xbox did, and so did the 360. My friends and I have been sharing games for more than a decade and now...we can't.

wwm0nkey

Maybe because it is?

n476Vml.png

Ok besides being used for downloads what form of DRM does it really apply? I can still play offline and I can play from any PC anywhere no problems. Now that is only if the games themselves (assassins creed) do not have another form of DRM stuck ontop.

Yeah, but Steam has NEVER allowed you to lend your games to friends, or share a game collection amongst a group of people. The Xbox did, and so did the 360. My friends and I have been sharing games for more than a decade and now...we can't.

The one time "Trade" is a little crazy. If I want to share with a friend I am basically giving it to him to keep.

willow ve

ibsrgvZ5N5XBml.gif

Sunhi does it again. Few days old but omg. Pay attention Speedy.
Well done.
----
On the Steam train. Steam also has very frequent and very steep discounts on games. DLC is cheap, discounted as well, and also free at times. The offline mode is necessary. Your internet might be fine but what happens when the authentication servers drop for a day, week, month?

Thermite

Y U hav to be mad?

I do not agree with the 24 check-in, but everything else is essentially Steam like. If you have a problem with this, then I sure do hope you have issues with how Steam handles their DRM. Now with that said, you calling me a shill and want to stop playing Halo? Holy shit... you are a butt hurt scrub.

It's definitely not essentially Steam-like. You don't have to sign into steam every so often to get access to your games library. As long as you're signed into your account, online or offline, you're good to go.

Also, there are major differences between gaming on consoles and a PC anyway, dude. There's open community support for pretty much every single game that's released on a PC. That means free dedicated servers, mods, new gametypes, etc etc that didn't exist with the original product. PC gaming has also never been about getting together with 2-3 other people and playing games on a single machine. And I think DRM on PC games has existed for a long time now (since maybe the 90s?), so trading in your PC games has never really been a thing. With consoles, trading in your old shit has been around forever. They're essentially taking a way to pay for games away, and you're getting literally nothing in return for it. Not to mention, a number of services/websites regularly have insane sales on games (like 50%-90% off), whereas console gamers are lucky to find a good deal on A game maybe once a year around Christmas and it's generally nowhere near as good as the sales for PC games.

And here's the biggest thing, dude, you don't have to buy games on Steam. You can buy most games wherever and use whatever service you want. If you buy an Xbox One or a Playstation 4, no matter what game you buy and play, you're forced to use their service and adhere to whatever their silly terms and conditions are.

Y U hav to be mad?

Like I said, I couldn't tell if you're joking, but saying "I hope you never buy an Xbox One" is pretty much the same as saying "I don't want to play Halo 5 with you." That's IF you were being serious. And yeah, I really don't have anything against you dude and I actually enjoy playing with you, but I say "corporate shill" because you never post anymore unless you want to come out of the woodwork to defend Microsoft. We get it, you know things the rest of us don't, but that doesn't make any of our concerns based on the information available to us right now any less valid.

So yeah, a little mad, and obviously you're entitled to take any stance you want, but if it's just jokes, then I am just butt hurt and we can forget about it. Sometimes that shit doesn't come across well in text.

It's definitely not essentially Steam-like. You don't have to sign into steam every so often to get access to your games library. As long as you're signed into your account, online or offline, you're good to go.

Also, there are major differences between gaming on consoles and a PC anyway, dude. There's open community support for pretty much every single game that's released on a PC. That means free dedicated servers, mods, new gametypes, etc etc that didn't exist with the original product. PC gaming has also never been about getting together with 2-3 other people and playing games on a single machine. And I think DRM on PC games has existed for a long time now (since maybe the 90s?), so trading in your PC games has never really been a thing. With consoles, trading in your old shit has been around forever. They're essentially taking a way to pay for games away, and you're getting literally nothing in return for it. Not to mention, a number of services/websites regularly have insane sales on games (like 50%-90% off), whereas console gamers are lucky to find a good deal on A game maybe once a year around Christmas and it's generally nowhere near as good as the sales for PC games.

And here's the biggest thing, dude, you don't have to buy games on Steam. You can buy most games wherever and use whatever service you want. If you buy an Xbox One or a Playstation 4, no matter what game you buy and play, you're forced to use their service and adhere to whatever their silly terms and conditions are.
Ding ding, well said.

If Destiny is released for PC, none of this will even matter to me. Right now I'm leaning PS4, but whoever brings the games I want to play is who I'll go with. Seriously though, PC gaming master race...

kylej

Banned
If you don't want to be subjected to Microsoft's policies, do not buy their closed entertainment platform. I am all for making voices heard and hoping things change, but when push comes to shove you either agree to their terms when you buy the box or you don't.

Hopefully we can all agree that people proselytizing Sony's platform as a beacon of hope are all morons.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Just don't go in gaming side and post. Too easy to get taken wrong and pretty soon it's a time out for E3. I'll use my wallet to choose consoles after everything is on the table.

wwm0nkey

If you don't want to be subjected to Microsoft's policies, do not buy their closed entertainment platform. I am all for making voices heard and hoping things change, but when push comes to shove you either agree to their terms when you buy the box or you don't.

Hopefully we can all agree that people proselytizing Sony's platform as a beacon of hope are all morons.

I just hope people don't try to defend Sony if they do the same thing or a version of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom