• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
965826_10151461595886149_1664077094_o.jpg

Sooooo... it's the Reach version of the Control Room? But with the Vex emerging from their time pod?

All of the emphasis on wildlife likewise has me stoked, but I'm worried we're going to end up getting Bungie's idea of wildlife. In other words, low-poly animals with average textures with interaction physics worse than Far Cry 3's with dogs.

help me holagaf you're my only hope.

I have a commission based door to door sales job and it's ~60 hours a week, the pay is shit, it blows, I'm a slave etc.

Do I quit now or find another job first.

60 hours a week is ridiculous, did you just recently graduate? I'm sure its not long ago I saw you make posts about student life?

If your a recent graduate its probably less pressure to jump into any old job now, I would stick with it but find something on par with it for 40 hours a week which will free you up to job hunt properly.

Working retail is probably less work than door to door sales, less pressure and probably about on par for what its worth?

Woorloog

Banned
Sooooo... it's the Reach version of the Control Room? But with the Vex emerging from their time pod?

All of the emphasis on wildlife likewise has me stoked, but I'm worried we're going to end up getting Bungie's idea of wildlife. In other words, low-poly animals with average textures with interaction physics worse than Far Cry 3's with dogs.

Wait, what, where is this from? I mean, source.

Welcome to the real world. Tuna. Drop out go pro? Do you have problems taking off your clothes for money? MFC?

Where do you live?
Quality suggestion.

Tuna get some more Pokémon tats but real ones this time. That can be your niche thing, internet stripper with Pokémon tats.

Start looking for another job, but don't quit yours yet is my suggestion btw.
60 hours a week is ridiculous, did you just recently graduate? I'm sure its not long ago I saw you make posts about student life?

If your a recent graduate its probably less pressure to jump into any old job now, I would stick with it but find something on par with it for 40 hours a week which will free you up to job hunt properly.

Working retail is probably less work than door to door sales, less pressure and probably about on par for what its worth?

60 hours isn't that uncommon these days, especially if you just finished school. It depends on your position and industry, but 50 is kind of the new standard, 40 is a fucking pipe dream for most people.

(This is in America, not sure if you are here or somewhere else)

Of course, if you are working a shit job with shitty compensation and you're working around 60 a week, you might want to start looking for something else (Tuna's situation).

How did Stalker save Speedy?

In my state of unemplyed limbo, I went up to Dublin yesterday to sign up to be an extra in season 2 of Vikings. And they said I'd never get a job with long hair and a beard (
which wasn't a problem when I worked in software testing for a financial firm but still
).

I also downloaded Starcraft 2 because it's free and far too good a game to only watch.

Booshka

In my state of unemplyed limbo, I went up to Dublin yesterday to sign up to be an extra in season 2 of Vikings. And they said I'd never get a job with long hair and a beard (
which wasn't a problem when I worked in software testing for a financial firm but still
).

I also downloaded Starcraft 2 because it's free and far too good a game to only watch.

Wait, they were giving you shit for having long hair and a beard, when you were trying to be an extra on a show called Vikings?

I'm done.

).

All about that half blade back and sides man. Get your scaldy game up!!

I talked to Bish, Set things straight, He was kind of caught in the crossfire but his posts in gaming side were still getting about OTT. I suppose you can say I vouched for him. He isn't a bad poster just a bit erratic.

All about that half blade back and sides man. Get your scaldy game up!!

Brofist.

This is what I've been doing for the entire day. Just testing it out, I think I'll try something Halo related next. (or borderlands)

I don't think it's bad for a first attempt.

Halo G-Mod thread?

Oh man I'm so bad at this.

Someone tell Kotaku we have our first Halo 2 Anniversary screenshot.

Just throwing it out there, I can't fucking wait for the Covenant's political turmoil to shit the bed when we're supposed to relate to the Locust-Godzilla babies that are the Elite models in Halo 4.

They could be cool and use the more homogenous Halo 5 elite models that are bound to exist in order to give us a teaser of sorts, but, well...

GhaleonEB

41iIjKJfnFL._SL320_.jpg

I pre-ordered this one. I've slowly phased out my Halo shirts over the past year, figured now is a good time to snag a Destiny one.

Alright guise, real talk here. I have a spare button left in the control scheme of my current project along the lines of X for Equipment in Halo 3. Right now I have Vision Modes tied to it, and there are four.

-A default 25M motion tracker that only detects teammates, vehicles, enemies shooting and people with active powerups.
-A night vision-style mode that can blind distant snipers if you look at them and also shows the remaining battery/ammo on all existing weapons wielded by allies and enemies.
-Anti-camping vision. No wallhacks. Essentially, it doesn't show player models, but "tracks brain activity" by displaying players as glowy orbs at head-level and displays a mild glow on the floor trailing where they went. This glow does NOT disappear over time but instead over distance, meaning you can tell if someone's waiting behind a corner for you. It'll also display a brighter orb in places where a person's lost their shields.
-Finally, a vision mode that'll show you how allies and enemies are pressing their right trigger. While it may seem useless, seeing how they're using their trigger is essential to winning in Fisticuffs (another gameplay element that replaces traditional Melee). Fisticuff animations have pretty visible cues, but this mode is mostly to help beginners who haven't memorized them yet. As a bonus, this mode also detects "soul residue" and will display the insignia of the class over freshly-dropped weapons, which can aid in map control.

Everyone has every vision mode at any given time and can switch them on the fly using A and the DPad. You can also rig certain scenarios to short out enemy vision modes which depend on the specific mode, and two classes have an EMP bonus that let you jam their ability to switch vision mode on headshots. The sandbox itself is being built with the vision modes in mind; they aren't just tacked on.

Thing is, Over's got me worried that people hate this kind of shit, so I want more opinions. If you don't like the idea of vision modes, what would you recommend replace them as a gameplay element? Keep in mind custom loadouts, equipment and armor abilities do not exist.

i have absolutely no idea what youre talking about

no one ever has/will

I'm brainstorming an arena FPS with no sprint, quake-level twitch shooting, no AAs, no equipment. Just on-map weapons, vehicles, and powerups. Level playing field across the board, 10 weapons total.

As a neat little new gimmick I have 4 vision modes (think Metroid Prime) that you can use to aid yourself in combat but aren't necessary 24/7 if you're good at playing. I'm sure competitive players would bitch about vision modes as a gameplay element, so I'm asking you guys, the dongliest of the dong: if you had a free button on the controller, what would you prefer it be for? Callouts? Giving your teammates handjobs? It can be virtually anything you imagine. I'm trying to get some extra opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom