• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

1370731490-a-spartan-must-go-down-with-his-ship.jpg

what is this nonsense

kylej

Banned
playing GT HD Concept. I remember this looking totally photorealistic at the time. Still looks pretty good.

Also have Super Rub A Dub. Water still looks good.

This has been a good gen I am excited for the next. Give me current gen polygon count with better shadows, locked 60fps, and overall higher fidelity and I would be happy.

also surprised at what PS Store looks like now but it's kinda slow and janky.

I can't wait man, I need a good game so damn bad right now. I want to claw my eyes out every time I try to play Halo 4.

Last of Us looks great. Demo was badass. Really is the last PS3 exclusive I am looking forward to. That Heavy Rain type game isn't my style. So unless the Last Guardian gets announced at E3, TLoU will be my PS3 farewell :_)

GhaleonEB

shade

i hope these shirts aren't a limited run thing???

Well, not all of them. They'd accumulated over the years and lots of them were wearing out, so I've bought new shirts to replace them. I wasn't doing a purge or anything. :p

Starting to get hyped for Destiny at E3. I haven't been following news closely since the reveal.

Sup guys, I'm gonna buy t-shirts for a game that I haven't played by a developer whose last game was a huge disappointment.

Bungie is still one of two developers from whom I'll blind-buy their games. Destiny looks great, and I like the shirt. *shrug*

Madness

Sup guys, I'm gonna buy t-shirts for a game that I haven't played by a developer whose last game was a huge disappointment.

I enjoyed the hell out of Reach, more so than Halo 4, plus they made Halo 1-3 and ODST. Reach wasn't a disappointment to me. Maybe the competitive multiplayer wasn't as good as their past games, but overall it was a good game.

Plus, there is no doubt I won't be getting Destiny. I have confidence it will be a great game. Was Reach disappointing for a lot of fans from a competitive multiplayer standpoint? Yes. Was it a bad game? Hell no.

I enjoyed the hell out of Reach, more so than Halo 4, plus they made Halo 1-3 and ODST. Reach wasn't a disappointment to me. Maybe the competitive multiplayer wasn't as good as their past games, but overall it was a good game.

Plus, there is no doubt I won't be getting Destiny. I have confidence it will be a great game. Was Reach disappointing for a lot of fans from a competitive multiplayer standpoint? Yes. Was it a bad game? Hell no.
Never said it was bad. Competitive mp is halo. If the mp is bad, the game is bad.

Akai__

Ah come on. Bungie created Halo and all other Halo games were awesome. Destiny looks very good in my opinion and I don't expect an other arena shooter from Bungie. Also, most of the team didn't work on Reach.

But in general, you are right. It's too early to buy a shirt, eventough I really like the grey one. :p

Fracas

#fuckonami
Reach is the second worst Halo MP, but it could still be enjoyable. Campaign and Firefight were solid, too. I have no reason to believe that Destiny will be bad, and I'll be there day one on PS4.

Madness

What I don't understand is buying a shirt with a symbol you don't know.

No different than people who buy shirts of bands whose music they've never listened to, people who buy nerdy superhero shirts and never read the comics etc. It's just a shirt in a nice color, and in a few months the symbols will be known. Even if they weren't, does every shirt you buy have something you personally know or relate to?

Unrelated, I have a feeling a lot of people expecting Halo CE part two will be disappointed with Destiny. They're not making Halo. Their focus isn't primarily on competitive multiplayer anymore.

I'm excited for the game, just like I am for any new IP like Watch Dogs, Dishonored type games.

Destiny will be something new to experience for most gamers.

ps3 finally hooked up. turning it on was like opening king tut's tomb. last of us HYPE

You're super rich. Buy PS+ if you don't have a sub already. The games have been nothing short of amazing on UK version and while the US version has less quality titles per month I hear its still a fantastic investment.

Each month just Login to the web store "buy" everything and then you can download them at your convenience.

As someone who started this gen with zero interest in PS3's offering bar MGS4. PS+ has converted me.

The sooner you get on the train the more content you're going to have.

Talents

Banned

Imo, the reason Reach was such a big flop was because they didn't really want to make another Halo game in the first place. Fans kept pressuring them and most likely Microsoft too which probably made them put much less resources/time into it than the previous Halo games.

Madness

How many peeps at HolaGAF even stream? You should post up links, good way to support each other, increase viewership. I don't stream but I wouldn't mind watching sometimes for new games or games I don't have etc.

Me tashi reverb cyclone all stream plus more but I feel we're the regulars.

Fyrewulf streams. I'm sure more do. Ex wife does.

We all should be supporting each other but we are terrible people kinda. I should be able to hit 20+ just from gaf some nights.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I can't stream on my home connection, but once I get back to my dorm in August, I'll be streaming a lot more. Especially once I get ahold of next gen.

I seem to be watching Europe diablo e streams a lot. Get better internets.

I literally have the best Internet available. 100mb down but the upload is terrible its supposed to have been upgraded recently but last I checked it was 5mb inconsistently.

UK infrastructure is terrible. 100 year old copper lines that are ruined.

Literally the first game I've ever rented out of one.

And holy shit, Metro is like the definition of meh. So boring and average, ugh.

Felt that way about the first title, Not sure what the praise was for.

You're super rich. Buy PS+ if you don't have a sub already. The games have been nothing short of amazing on UK version and while the US version has less quality titles per month I hear its still a fantastic investment.

Each month just Login to the web store "buy" everything and then you can download them at your convenience.

As someone who started this gen with zero interest in PS3's offering bar MGS4. PS+ has converted me.

The sooner you get on the train the more content you're going to have.

"Hey Kyle, you literally pulled your PS3 out of tomb and hooked it up to play a single game, but you should definitely purchase a service for it considering you've used it for a total of 30 minutes in the past 5 years!"

Tawpgun

gg Booshka. Shadowrun is still incredible.

If you guys are rich like Kyle you should get yourself a copy for like 5 bucks.

Ramirez

Not sure why people hyped it up. 2033 was terrible.

For all of the jokes about Halo 4 & button presses, I've spent the last 3 hours waiting on an AI partner to show me the way before I can even advance in the game. I fucking hate hand holding in games.

PS+ talk reminds me that I have to play Spec Ops before my sub runs out. And yeah, PS+ is awesome
and ign is awesome for having an exploit on their site that let me get a free year of it

TCKaos

Not sure why people hyped it up. 2033 was terrible.

I never got in to it. "Here, let me hold your hand for two and a half hours before bringing you through a boring corridor shooter that relies on bad jump-scares."

If you're going to play a survival-horror FPS, just play STALKER and get some good mods. Shadow of Chernobyl was super fun. Life in the zone is baller as fuck. I've been playing Call of Pripyat for a few days now and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I've been walking around with the NPC troops engaging wild monsters and bandits before getting back in to the base before a blowout hits.

I guess I'm roleplaying as an NPC but it's still more fun than being the protagonist of 2033.

Booshka

gg Booshka. Shadowrun is still incredible.

If you guys are rich like Kyle you should get yourself a copy for like 5 bucks.

ya gg's we got some garbage Halo MM guest tier teammates on our teams lol. But all of the games were fun regardless.

Shadowrun is too hard and frustrating for most of HolaGaf, so don't bother buying it cuz most of you will just quit after like 30 mins anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom