• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Never played animal crossing but isn't it like Sims for furries?

Sims for furries.

ari+get+the+f+out.gif

But yeah, it's kind of like that.

I would get New Leaf, but I don't have a 3DS .-.

Madness

Only played the original on Gamecube. I don't know, I played that so much that there wasn't anything left to do. It started to feel limited in a lot of ways. What's changed with the 3DS version? I never bought the DS versions either so I don't know what they might have introduced.

I'm still waiting on some possible news of a 3DS redesign or new colors or something. I'll definitely get one strictly for LttP2.

Omni

Decided that I'm gonna play through Halo CEA again. Couldn't help watching the terminals beforehand though... Dat Keyes one. The music and the feels.

:(

CEA is the best thing 343i has done with the franchise, IMO.

Plus did we ever find out what crashed on installation 04 before humans and alike got there? Or was it just filler?

Decided that I'm gonna play through Halo CEA again. Couldn't help watching the terminals beforehand though... Dat Keyes one. The music and the feels.

Plus did we ever find out what crashed on installation 04 before humans and alike got there? Or was it just filler?
hzHLzaq.png

Remaking the only Halo game without XBL, without XBL.

-EDIT-

But yeah other than that, pretty solid remake. That Keyes terminal mannn

Word. Probably one of the best pieces of media to come out of the franchise thus far. So well done. Poor Keyes.

wwm0nkey

Word. Probably one of the best pieces of media to come out of the franchise thus far. So well done. Poor Keyes.

It also showed how horrifying the flood transformation is. He was showed all his memories only to loose them and no matter how much he tried to fight it, it just killed him :(

HTupolev

It quite possibly did less damage to the franchise than Halo 4. Maybe. Depends on how much you care about impediments to cool types of legacy support. I'd gladly let Halo's 5 and 6 go full Sonic '06 mode if it meant a good console release of CE MP. CEA's existence prevents such a game from happening, though.

Just upping the image quality, making sure that everything was working correctly, and spending all the remaining budget on multiplayer networking would have resulted in an astronomically superior product. Maybe even one that could draw me away from the currently vastly superior* 2001 version of the game.

Keyes term is quality, though.

*I'd argue that if you have an SD CRT available, the campaign of the original even looks better than what you can squeeze out of CEA. Anniversary Mode is very pretty, but has a very different, and I think overall inferior, character. And Classic Mode is a Silent Hill HD-style visual failure, right down to missing a bunch of fog.

Yeah, the stylistic changes in CEA were not for me, but the terminals in it were fantastic, especially the Keyes one, as a lover of the Flood (conceptually).

Destiny get-hyped! I'm ready [strikeout]Jones[/strikeout] Bungie, to actually see the game as a whole.

Never played animal crossing but isn't it like Sims for furries?

Haha, I never thought of it like that.

Anyway, I only have 3 rules.

Don't plant any weeds in my village

Bring me fruit/gifts everytime you visit

No running

If you break one or more rules...then it will be ALL OUT ANIMAL CROSSING WARFARE.

J10

Banned

Frankie said the other day it wasn't human or anything Covenant. If they got any balls it won't be Flood/Precursor or Forerunner either.

Omni

Frankie said the other day it wasn't human or anything Covenant. If they got any balls it won't be Flood/Precursor or Forerunner either.

Oh? Cool. I was pretty sure that it wasn't either human or Covenant, but it's nice to have a confirmation. It will be interesting to see where they take it (if they decide to take it somewhere, that is).

Man the H:SA wallpapers look pretty badass. Hopefully we get more after E3.

Tawpgun

Windows 8 needs to get off its fucking app high horse in order to get me to upgrade. I want windows, not apps.

I was helping my mom with some pictures on her laptop (only Win 8 computer at my house) and everytime you would click one it would launch the fucking photo viewer app. NOOOOO I want to view them in a seperate window! Stop shoving your metro shit down my throat! Everytime it happened I had to hit the windows key and then click the desktop again.

Not to mention, at least from my experience, no one can make a good laptop trackpad other than apple, so occasionally I'd be moving the cursor on the trackpad and suddenly some side menu would come up.

Maybe I need to figure out all of Windows 8 secrets, quirks, and shit. But for now my experience with the OS has been incredibly frustrating. RIP Spartan Assault.

Windows 8 needs to get off its fucking app high horse in order to get me to upgrade. I want windows, not apps.

I was helping my mom with some pictures on her laptop (only Win 8 computer at my house) and everytime you would click one it would launch the fucking photo viewer app. NOOOOO I want to view them in a seperate window! Stop shoving your metro shit down my throat! Everytime it happened I had to hit the windows key and then click the desktop again.

Not to mention, at least from my experience, no one can make a good laptop trackpad other than apple, so occasionally I'd be moving the cursor on the trackpad and suddenly some side menu would come up.

Maybe I need to figure out all of Windows 8 secrets, quirks, and shit. But for now my experience with the OS has been incredibly frustrating. RIP Spartan Assault.

Right click > Open With... Paint / Photo Gallery / etc > Do this for all files of this type

Once you do that with the basic files it's easy. I have Windows 8 and barely even touch the Metro screen because I've got Rainmeter and Stardock to bring back the start menu.

Also, good news, everyone! The water park got rained out today, so I have time to finish up a blog post just in time for an E3 drinking game! It's on a secret multiplayer concept I've been developing, currently codenamed FACE WRANGLER TOMMCAT. [sic] It's essentially Minecraft 2.0 with more emphasis put on combat. I'll have a blog post up on it by the end of the day!

Omni

Strangely enough the first time you open a file it will ask you what program you want to use in the future for similar filetypes...

Never understood the hate for Metro though. With some modifying it works better than the start button, IMO. Everything I care about is structured and laid out cleanly for me upon clicking the windows button and if I really needed to find something that isn't there, I can just type the name in and it brings the program up. It works so well that I've made my entire desktop empty because I was no longer using it, haha.

If I had to change one thing it would be the stupid 2:1 lock ratio or whatever it is for apps. But I hear MS has already done that for 8.1, so not too big of a deal at the moment.

Madness

But the start button reduced redundancy. With this charm stuff, if you want to shutdown, swipe cursor to bottom right, wait for popup, select power, shutdown etc.

Instead of click start, click shutdown.

Someone said it's easy to search, but for example, if I wanted to search windows update, in Windows 7, I click start, search windows update and it comes up. In Windows 8, I do the same 'charm' thing, then type what I want to search, but then I have to go an additional step and differentiate between app, settings, programs etc.

It's just clunky. It wasn't designed with track pads or mice in mind. It's why they show touch based access on all the commercials, and yet they've forced Windows 8 onto the 75% of laptops and desktops that will be sold without a touch interface.

I'm trying to like Windows 8, I really am, since I'm stuck with it on my laptop if I don't downgrade, but I'm not enjoying it. So many times I'll swipe my finger on track pad, it'll bring something else up.

When my parents were over and my mom wanted to play spider solitaire, I had to find it in Metro, required you to sign in etc. And I don't know if the game was even there. It's just clunky and awkward to me.

If I had a choice and I knew drivers and other things would work, I'd downgrade to Windows 7 in a heartbeat. I just wish they'd come out with a disable Metro feature. If I'm booting to desktop, why do I want it running in the back?

Omni

Oh hey, MSs Conference is tomorrow.

Are you guys ready for Halo 2: Anniversary?!

At this point I'd much rather them port the entire trilogy over to the Xbox One. Halo CEA, Halo 2 (with Anniversary treatment) and Halo 3 (as is)
Don't care enough for 4 tbh
. The franchise is too segregated at the moment, IMO. Haven't the foggiest on how big of a task that would be with the different architectures and all, though.

But the start button reduced redundancy. With this charm stuff, if you want to shutdown, swipe cursor to bottom right, wait for popup, select power, shutdown etc.

Oh? Go to desktop and press Alt-F4. Thank me later.

Someone said it's easy to search, but for example, if I wanted to search windows update, in Windows 7, I click start, search windows update and it comes up. In Windows 8, I do the same 'charm' thing, then type what I want to search, but then I have to go an additional step and differentiate between app, settings, programs etc.
That's being fixed with Windows 8.1.

And you just go to the metro and start typing. Don't need to 'wait' if you don't want to (even though you don't have to wait anyway).
It's just clunky. It wasn't designed with track pads or mice in mind. It's why they show touch based access on all the commercials, and yet they've forced Windows 8 onto the 75% of laptops and desktops that will be sold without a touch interface.

I'm trying to like Windows 8, I really am, since I'm stuck with it on my laptop if I don't downgrade, but I'm not enjoying it. So many times I'll swipe my finger on track pad, it'll bring something else up.

When my parents were over and my mom wanted to play spider solitaire, I had to find it in Metro, required you to sign in etc. And I don't know if the game was even there. It's just clunky and awkward to me.

If I had a choice and I knew drivers and other things would work, I'd downgrade to Windows 7 in a heartbeat. I just wish they'd come out with a disable Metro feature. If I'm booting to desktop, why do I want it running in the back?
Opinions are opinions I guess. I know that I couldn't downgrade now, but I see your points. MS seem to be fixing a lot of problems with 8.1 though, so you might want to check that out when it releases.

Ghazi

Peeps should give me their 3DS Friend Code, I should be picking up Animal Crossing within the month after I splice up enough $$$ to get TLOU.

Madness

Wha is the over / under on a new Halo game for XB1 that we actually want?

Halo 5 story. With the loss of Cortana, and the disappearance of Halsey, Chief and Sarah Palmer team up. Chief wants to find Halsey to somehow bring Cortana back, and Dudebro Palmer wants to finish Halsey once and for all. Both Spartans don't reveal their true motives for tracking down Halsey, but together they share a common goal.

That's just dumb what I write above, but I can guarantee they'll push Palmer on us even more in Halo 5. Can't have all this money spent on Jennifer Hale, the comic books, the toys, and new game featuring Palmer go to waste.

Ghazi

I think I added you before

You did! I was talking about anybody else.

Halo 5 story. With the loss of Cortana, and the disappearance of Halsey, Chief and Sarah Palmer team up. Chief wants to find Halsey to somehow bring Cortana back, and Dudebro Palmer wants to finish Halsey once and for all. Both Spartans don't reveal their true motives for tracking down Halsey, but together they share a common goal.

That's just dumb what I write above, but I can guarantee they'll push Palmer on us even more in Halo 5. Can't have all this money spent on Jennifer Hale, the comic books, the toys, and new game featuring Palmer go to waste.
In the end, Palmer seduces the Master Chef for Halsey's location; but he manages to stop Palmer from killing Halsey. Palmer and Chef then ride off into the sunset on a Ghost.

THE END

You did! I was talking about anybody else.

In the end, Palmer seduces the Master Chef for Halsey's location; but he manages to stop Palmer from killing Halsey. Palmer and Chef then ride off into the sunset on a Ghost.

THE END

Master Chef removes helmet to reveal he's Gordon Ramsey. Starts cursing uncontrollably.

Madness

THE END

In the legendary ending, you hear Palmer's voice, 'Heh, thought you'd be BIGGER'.

Ghazi

Then the credits open up and they say:

DIRECTED BY M NIGHT SHYAMALAN

STARRING:
DYLAN RIDER
GORDON RAMSEY
NOLAN NORTH
NOLAN NORTH
STEVE BLUM
JEFF GOLDBLUM
etc...

Then the credits open up and they say:

DIRECTED BY M NIGHT SHYAMALAN

STARRING:
DYLAN RIDER
GORDON RAMSEY
NOLAN NORTH
NOLAN NORTH
STEVE BLUM
JEFF GOLDBLUM
etc...

Ends with 7 Iniquitous Trigger, the definitely not copyright-infringing stand-in for 343 Guilty Spark, being voiced by an auto-tuned Gilbert Gottfried. He goes "RAAAAWK, CAVE OF WONDAHS" while blasting through space, only to crash-land in New Redmond in the year 2552...

You can hit start and search (just type from the Start Screen). The Apps, Settings, Files separation is also something I don't like, but that is going away in 8.1 at least.

I know it doesn't change things for those of us with existing notebooks, but pretty much all new laptops come with touchscreens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom