• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also showed how horrifying the flood transformation is. He was showed all his memories only to loose them and no matter how much he tried to fight it, it just killed him :(

Man, I was hoping Halo 4 would deliver on that level of storytelling.

Oh? Cool. I was pretty sure that it wasn't either human or Covenant, but it's nice to have a confirmation. It will be interesting to see where they take it (if they decide to take it somewhere, that is).

Man the H:SA wallpapers look pretty badass. Hopefully we get more after E3.

Do you have a DL link for the wallpapers?

Madness

After E3, did the mods say we can have another community OT thread? I mean I'm fine with what it is now, but it's too broken up. Halo talk inevitably bleeds in here, and slightly off topic or non-Halo discussion goes into the H4 OT.

After E3, did the mods say we can have another community OT thread? I mean I'm fine with what it is now, but it's too broken up. Halo talk inevitably bleeds in here, and slightly off topic or non-Halo discussion goes into the H4 OT.

I didn't get that impression at all. It seems like we have been permanently split. It's detrimental to anything that's Halo but not Halo 4 because we can't really discuss that anywhere now.

Mix

this guy has an average of 54 posts a day so I sent him this. I think I'm sooooooooooo funny.

X9yoUDA.png

Woorloog

Banned
Random Destiny-related thing:
Remember the robot enemies, the Vex?

I was reading about Orion's Arm, an online collaborative science fiction setting, when i noticed something:
which are robots or vecs * [named for the Information Age roboticist and ai researcher Hans Morovec], as they are called in-universe (since "robot" implies non-sentience).
I wonder... could Bungie have named the Vex after those? Or is it just a coincidence?

EDIT no idea how known Orion's Arm is. If it is "very" in the right circles, then i wouldn't be surprised if the name is a shout out to OA.

Wrath of Khan (lol)
First Contact
Voyage Home

There's tons of them, you should check them out

E: Btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc4LG33HFq4
E2: Wait. Crap! That video will spoil wrath of khan if anyone wants to watch it :lol

In the same way that non Halo fans enjoy Halo 4. I enjoyed Star Trek into darkness.

That said I watched Wrath of Khan out of curiosity for the old stuff afterwards and honestly was impressed. They actually had space combat that didn't suck.

Gui_PT

In the same way that non Halo fans enjoy Halo 4. I enjoyed Star Trek into darkness.

That said I watched Wrath of Khan out of curiosity for the old stuff afterwards and honestly was impressed. They actually had space combat that didn't suck.

It's not a bad movie at all. It looks great and is really well made but it really has nothing to do with Star Trek.

Check out the other Star Trek movies, Chav-san

Who's donging tonight

Yeah who wants to play some BTB in an hour or so?

It's not a bad movie at all. It looks great and is really well made but it really has nothing to do with Star Trek.

I'll hop on and totally kill our connections.

TCKaos

Maybe an hour or so. My brother has company over and I got them in to State of Decay, but I might be able to get Halo 4 patched and everything on my 360 upstairs. If we get enough then testing my map would be super awesome amazing.

Fracas

#fuckonami

gooey pls

I'll get on if my brother stops playing NHL.

I'll hop on and totally kill our connections.

Depends on who's hosting.
I'll be on.
Sounds good. I'll start downloading stuff and streaming Netflix to get my connection ready.
Maybe an hour or so. My brother has company over and I got them in to State of Decay, but I might be able to get Halo 4 patched and everything on my 360 upstairs. If we get enough then testing my map would be super awesome amazing.
I'd be down!

gooey pls

Sounds good. I'll start downloading stuff and streaming Netflix to get my connection ready.

I'd be down!

Brb, going to illegally torrent the dirty halo books. Halo: Asslands, Halo: Promethean Nights, and Halo: Repair Your Janus, all part of the Greg Twink Trilogy. It should send my connection skyrocketing.

Okay, now I'm going to say it for real: thank God the mods stepped in to make sure we didn't confuse readers of the thread with any off-topic nonsense.

TCKaos

Brb, going to illegally torrent the dirty halo books. Halo: Asslands, Halo: Promethean Nights, and Halo: Repair Your Janus, all part of the Greg Twink Trilogy. It should send my connection skyrocketing.

Downloading the Poor Little Glassman box set as we speak. 1080p Blu-Ray disc rips. 60GB+

All you need to know is they are basing their marketing on the idea that it is "one seamless entertainment hub" but it has more parts than its competitor and you also need a redundant cable box.

Omni

You know, at first I thought that the X1 was coming with a TV tuner or something. I mean, they're talking about how it's "all in one". At least then it would be offering something somewhat useful.

but nope. They reaaally should add a small disclaimer along the lines of: "Xbox: All in one!*"

when you connect your existing boxes together... kinda like how your tv already does it... just more limited.

Makes the console seem even more useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom