• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

pay for tv has never been big here in Australia. I know few people that still bother with that crap (far too expensive for what it is). I'm not sure what it's like in the US, but even if the rates have fallen by 50%, they'd still have an enormous customer base to work with, no?

I really don't get why they would focus on TV, isn't subscription rates down by 50% from 5 years ago?

That sounds way too high, they have dropped though. That remains a massive industry, and thanks to pretty much all things media being owned by about 3 companies won't change as fast as many would like.

I have no doubt that MSFT's intention is to offer programming through various streaming services such as they do now (Netflix, HBO, ESPN) as well as their own, but I think they did the pass-through for cable because it adds all your TV content to your Xbox this very day, and in no way restricts a future where most to all of your programming is delivered outside of cable.

Guys... Destiny and Forza Motorsport 5 gameplay being shown for the first time tomorrow.

So much hype from me! The two games that are making me WANT to buy a Playstation 4 and a Xbox One.

Ghazi

Why do they have to make stupid ass achievements in Bioshock 2, no one plays this game's multiplayer anymore so how the fuck am I supposed to get the MP ones?!?!?!

TCKaos

Are people using the FuD IRC chat for tomorrow's reveals?

Yeah, probably, but I also think I'll be streaming live with some friends over Skype. Streaming our reactions and commentary to the conference, I mean.

If anyone wants to get in on that I'm TCKaos on Skype as well. I don't know if we'll go through with it, but I think it'd be interesting. Kinda' like a podcast.

HaloGAF B-Team Radio?

So... yeah

1. Confirmed Microsoft is actively attempting to get developers to not mention PS4 versions. If they don't say "OUR GAME IS EXCLUSIVE FOR XBONE" expect a PS4 version. #truthfact

2. More DRM messaging at Gamescom. There is no rental strategy. Try to sweep it under the rug and hope people don't remember.

3. Cloud power was designed as DRM. Period. DRM was Microsoft's idea. EA and Ubisoft are supporters, Activision slightly less so.

4. DRM plans are actually worse than what they've stated.

(warning, e3 game announcement spoilers in thread)

Defect

Guys... Destiny and Forza Motorsport 5 gameplay being shown for the first time tomorrow.

So much hype from me! The two games that are making me WANT to buy a Playstation 4 and a Xbox One.

Why would a multiplatform game make you want to buy a Ps4 if you're already buying X1 for Forza?

Ramirez

Mirror's Edge 2, that's all that matters, boys.

You'll be there, day 1, bent over when the next Halo comes out, don't try and lie to me.

Booshka

You'll be there, day 1, bent over when the next Halo comes out, don't try and lie to me.

nah dog.

maybe when the console is lower in price and has multiple exclusives that I want to play I might get it.

Halo has been bad for a long time, no way is a new Halo game a system seller or killer app anymore.

Mirror's Edge 2 will be multiplatform.

And I'm not sure how some of us can make it any more clear that we won't be there. Halo sucks now, and pretty much every other Microsoft IP has always sucked.

wwm0nkey

I am excited but scared to see what MS is going to show because while I have pretty much put it off until at least 2 years after its out exclusives can make it very tempting :(

Halo is dead, Gears is dead, Xbone sounds like liquid shit in a box. Dudes went with Forza over PGR, too. Don't know shit

Sony, don't fail us now

Halo is dead, Gears is dead, Xbone sounds like liquid shit in a box. Dudes went with Forza over PGR, too. Don't know shit

Sony, don't fail us now

The sad thing is that I have no confidence that Sony won't screw it up. Like, they can win the next console generation, provided that they don't screw this up. They have so much goodwill right now and they literally haven't had to do anything. But most likely, they're going to screw this up.

Fracas

#fuckonami
cK0Gup9.gif

Ramirez

Are you going to be?

Yes, I'm not a poor.

nah dog.

maybe when the console is lower in price and has multiple exclusives that I want to play I might get it.

Halo has been bad for a long time, no way is a new Halo game a system seller or killer app anymore.

You're a CE dream chaser, you & TheBigShow don't count.

Mirror's Edge 2 will be multiplatform.

And I'm not sure how some of us can make it any more clear that we won't be there. Halo sucks now, and pretty much every other Microsoft IP has always sucked.

#TRUTHFACT

Then why you bros in here & the Halo 4 thread so often?

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm a masochist.

Also I'm not really poor either, but I just don't want the damned thing. Microsoft's first party line up doesn't really interest me, and Halo is no longer a system seller in my eyes. Not to mention the awful other policies. Even if the PS4 replicates the One's DRM/used games platform, I'll still purchase it most likely. I just want good games.

I like talking to the people here, although I don't post here too much anymore. I rarely go to the Halo 4 thread because I don't play the game often.

Booshka

I have zero desire to play that game and I'm looking for a new game.

I downloaded Fable 2 for free back when they did the same thing. Played it for 15 mins and deleted it.

I bought Fable 2 day -3 (got it a few days early from launch), played it for 4 hours straight and was bored to tears. So, I lent it to a friend of a friend so they could both play together. I got it back about a week later, sold it to GameStop for $40 worth of credit toward Fallout 3 NEW which I played a ton and bought DLC for.

#BeforeXboxOneMemories

It's moments like these when I wonder... should I go for it, and risk that account ban, or will I be fine.

Hmm... Fable 3's not really worth the risk. :p

ACTUALLY. Is it even a bug? Game doesn't even have the option to pay with $, just Download free. You don't have to do anything on the 360 to get it for free. Just go on it and boom, free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom