• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it! Nobody asked for it!

FACE WRANGLER TOMMCAT: A Look Into the Multiplayer of Project Livechamber focuses on a new multiplayer model designed to finally make people be friends over the internet again. It takes elements of Spore, Minecraft, Halo, Far Cry, and plenty of others to cultivate an environment with endless possibilities.

Also I thought I'd get this up just in case something similar comes out at E3. I had mech fights brainstormed and then TitanFall got leaked, so, well...

Booshka

I made it! Nobody asked for it!

FACE WRANGLER TOMMCAT: A Look Into the Multiplayer of Project Livechamber focuses on a new multiplayer model designed to finally make people be friends over the internet again. It takes elements of Spore, Minecraft, Halo, Far Cry, and plenty of others to cultivate an environment with endless possibilities.

Also I thought I'd get this up just in case something similar comes out at E3. I had mech fights brainstormed and then TitanFall got leaked, so, well...

Please stop doing that.

Mechwarrior_SNES_ScreenShot1.gif

images

images

Transformers_WFC_01_8855.jpg

Even if all this stuff is just rumors MS is getting FUCKED by bad rumors and press.

Third Console Curse is real
We'll see, the power of mass marketing is strong, the majority doesn't frequent GAF and Reddit and preach their crusades.

(Seriously not a joke post, curious to see how mainstream the "backlash" has reached and if it's actually impactful once the console hits.)
lol

Classic GAF reaction here over the past few weeks. Not happy with some policies of new MS and Sony consoles so now a console with the power of consoles released 8 years ago with next to zero third-party support is now somehow awesome.
Destiny on PS3 well have cross play with PS4, XB1 won't have cross play with 360. That's reason enough to get the PS4 version.
What? Didn't Bungie say a few weeks ago that cross-platform saves for PS4-PS4 and 360-X1 might be a possibility and have said nothing since? Do enlighten if there is new news on this front.
Some of you hear might have got my message but Fable 3 is free for Gold member when you try to buy with MS points.

Link
Thanks, downloading for free right now.

Don't know when I'll actually get around to playing it though.

---------------

And to clarify, there is no risk for you to take advantage of the free Fable 3, it's clearly a bug on their end.

wwm0nkey

Why do people act like Fable 3 is cancer? Its not THAT bad, 2nd half of the game was eh and it sucks there is nothing to do after the game but its still not the worst thing that ever happened in the world ever (srsly) like some people act like it is.

Booshka

Why do people act like Fable 3 is cancer? Its not THAT bad, 2nd half of the game was eh and it sucks there is nothing to do after the game but its still not the worst thing that ever happened in the world ever (srsly) like some people act like it is.

Peter Molyneux hypes up his games like they are going to cure cancer, so when they come out and are just above average, they become a cancer themselves.

wwm0nkey

Peter Molyneux hypes up his games like they are going to cure cancer, so when they come out and are just above average, they become a cancer themselves.

Ok well I will give you that about Peter, I never listened to him though lol

Hopefully with him gone we wont get the Peter level of hype, he was well beyond the BS hype levels.
(Still hoping for Cyberpunk Fable)

TCKaos

AC2:AA was pretty awesome back in the day. It's the game my brother and I got our PS4 for. We stayed for DragonBall Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

I won't be home for a while - I set fable 3 to download on my phone but what are the chances in 8 hours or so that it will be pulled from the servers?

Omni

I really really do hope they announce Halo 2 anniversary tonight. As long as they don't use the shitty models that were in Halo 4, I'd buy it day 1. Hell, I'd probably even get an Xbone for it (that alongside Forza 5 at release would tip the scales for me)

Booshka

I really really do hope they announce Halo 2 anniversary tonight. As long as they don't use the shitty models that were in Halo 4, I'd buy it day 1. Hell, I'd probably even get an Xbone for it (that alongside Forza 5 at release would tip the scales for me)

Halo 2 MP is too hard to replicate online, so we made Halo 4 DLC out of it.

Omni

Halo 2 MP is too hard to replicate online, so we made Halo 4 DLC out of it.
Wouldn't surprise me if they said that... Haha. Would still buy though. I just wouldn't play multiplayer
I've already accepted that we're never getting H2 multi back

If they give us halo 2 multi - I would be all over that.

If they simply use halo 4 as the baseline and build halo 2 on top of it CEA style I really won't be interested.

At this point I don't think halo is a system seller for me unless it's a remake of one of the original trilogy - which seems pretty weird but I would honestly have hours of fun with any of the original trilogy but don't look forward to the new stuff at all.

reggie

Banned
Mirror's Edge 2, that's all that matters, boys.

You'll be there, day 1, bent over when the next Halo comes out, don't try and lie to me.

I know 'Halo is dead' is a running joke, but the truth is, it fucking is. How could you honestly be excited for Halo 5 after the complete disaster that was 4?

I'm a masochist.

Also I'm not really poor either, but I just don't want the damned thing. Microsoft's first party line up doesn't really interest me, and Halo is no longer a system seller in my eyes. Not to mention the awful other policies. Even if the PS4 replicates the One's DRM/used games platform, I'll still purchase it most likely. I just want good games.
Funny is you haven't seen Microsoft's first party line up for Xbox One. Especially since they have 8 new IPs. You haven't seen Sony's first party line up either. So yeah. Don't do the game argument now.

I envy rich people.
Oh. Nah. I envy people who envy rich people.

I have zero desire to play that game and I'm looking for a new game.
Get Faster Than Light. It's on sale at the moment. Only $5.
This boy ain't bendin' over for Halo no more. Nu-uh.
Sai plz.

heckfu

Banned
I know 'Halo is dead' is a running joke, but the truth is, it fucking is. How could you honestly be excited for Halo 5 after the complete disaster that was 4?

I still enjoy Halo 4, especially after the weapon tuning stuff. It seems like it's heading back in the direction that made other titles my favorites in the series.

TheOddOne

Sony is gonna take the crown. However, this means Microsoft is gonna be spending more to "catch up", which means they prolly be signing a lot of vidya games. Down and out Microsoft is hilarious, and potentially lead to a hilarious next generation.

E3 2013 10/11-13 June

Live Streams

Microsoft – Mon 10 June @ 9:30am PDT/5:30pm BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN Xbox GameInformer GameTrailers

Also Available via Xbox Event Player App on Xbox Live

Ubisoft – Mon 10 June @ 1pm PDT/9pm BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN GameInformer GameTrailers

Electronic Arts – Mon 10 June @ 3pm PDT/11pm BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN EA GameInformer GameTrailers

Sony – Mon/Tue 11 June @ 6pm PDT/2am BST
Streams: Gamespot IGN GameInformer GameTrailers

Also Available on PS3 and PS Vita

Nintendo (Direct) – Tue 11 June @ 7am PDT/3pm BST
Streams: Nintendo IGN GameInformer GameTrailers

Square Enix - Shows throughout E3 on their own Youtube Channel
Streams: Youtube

For those who are having issue loading streams based on region (Note: I doubt anyone actually will but just to be safe)

Chrome/Firefox Users
Media Hint

Firefox Users
Install This.
Restart firefox
Go to Tools>Add-ons>Modify Headers 0.7.1.1>Options
Under "Select Action" Select "Add"
In the box next to it type "X-Forwarded-For"
In the 2nd box type 12.13.14.15
Click the Add Button
Click "Start" in the top left corner
Click OK

Last time posting this. Have a fun E3 everyone. I'm out until its over. No early spoilers for this guy.

Nebula

I'm not excited but I am hopeful. If Halo 5 flops as hard as Halo 4 in terms of gameplay though, I'll be done with 343 and Halo. I can't be bothered sinking money into something I don't want to play at release, hoping it will be fixed later. It needs to nail it on release or I'll use my wallet to do the talking this time instead of a forum. 343 know what we do and don't want in Halo, we've talked about it enough.

Madness

I truly no longer care about the story or the characters. They can have Halsey glass half of Earth with Jul Mdama for all I care now.

For me, the true story ended with 1-3/ODST and parts of Reach.

But I'm hopeful for Halo 5 multiplayer. Not only have they hired a lot of the right guys, but they've been making Halo 4 fun again. They've reversed course in a sense. Seeing what works and what doesn't work.

I think they've also realized that you need a variety of maps at launch to really capture the spirit of Halo. With a next gen forge as well.

Akai__

How many of you kids dabble in StarCraft 2? I just started playing over the weekend so I'm quite terrible.

Gold scrub on EU Server.

I like it, that you can switch the region/server, without having to buy a new key now. Makes everything easier for pros and friends.

Fotos

Halo 5 announcement is never going to happen...
but that would be bananas to watch this board light up again

bs angel said:
You might be wondering what exactly I am trying to see. Many times, it’s an unannounced project (NO COMMENT), but other times it’s something already publicly known.

Im guessing that they will show this unannounced project today.

Omni

Holy crap. So I put my rather new $1200 laptop on the side of the bed with the corner of it hanging off. I was being stupid with my niece and did a back-kick (been doing martial arts for a few years now) and accidentally hit the laptop smashing it across the room and into the wall.

I broke the entire left corner of the case (namely, where the HDD is) and it restarted. I don't think I did any more damage but jeeez. Think now is the time to back up my work...

I still enjoy Halo 4, especially after the weapon tuning stuff. It seems like it's heading back in the direction that made other titles my favorites in the series.
I like the new weapon tune for the most part (the SAW should be more unwieldy to use, should show up less often in PO). Every major rifle is viable now and it's a very good thing. However, Infinity Slayer is still an exercise in frustration due to custom loadouts. I feel like I'm pissing into the wind every time I mention how bad Camo is as an AA. Played a match yesterday where a guy got 17 sword kills because he had camo.

I like the Pro settings a lot, but playing with randoms is rarely the right call when playing without radar. I'd love to see Pro updated with radar, call it Team Slayer and put it in the main 4v4 playlist where there are more people to make decent matches with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom