• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

ibbKka8PBQPdZa.gif
iA2zQrErrU0kf.gif

ibbKka8PBQPdZa.gif
iA2zQrErrU0kf.gif

ibbKka8PBQPdZa.gif
iA2zQrErrU0kf.gif

"Crimson, this is Palmer. The Eggheads have confirmed that the Hingeheads have stolen several crates of delicious Moutain Dew from the Infinity and we need you to press this button to get it back. Take this Spartan-sized bag of Doritos in case you get hungry during your search."

- Spartan Ops 2: Diabetic Boogaloo

willow ve

What the FUCK was that!? Oh the Spartan Assault and Halo CGI thing....

Wait. No. New game. Shit. 60 fps! 2014 launch.

Oh hell yeah. Hype train choo choo!!!

Omni

I don't know why, but even after Reach and Halo 4 I still find myself getting excited about Halo game announcements. It's like I'm a kid again. Love it.

I really do hope that they drop with the CoD crap this time around though. Go back to the damn roots for campaign (don't see it happening with multiplayer). There's no need for those extremely scripted elements that Halo 4 brought in (I'M LOOKING AT YOU EXTREMELY TEDIOUS, BORING AND FRAGILE MAMMOTH SECTION). The trailer seems like they've got something rather different planned, and I'm glad. Just don't make it CoD/Halo Hybrid 2.0, please 343i.

Plus after that conference I'm almost certain that I'll be getting an Xbone. Will probably pre-order next week. Price is a little steeper than I expected... probably looking around the 700 dollar mark here in Australia.

reggie

Banned
Fuckkk. That is how you do a reveal trailer. Awesome troll on 343s part. You think its Destiny and then Master Chiefs helmet pops out. Not even kidding with my enthusiasm.

I still hate what the series has become but I have to give 343 credit.

Gui_PT

Fuckkk. That is how you do a reveal trailer. Awesome troll on 343s part. You think its Destiny and then Master Chiefs helmet pops out. Not even kidding with my enthusiasm.

I still hate what the series has become but I have to give 343 credit.

Reggie what are you talking about?

Did you guys really think that was Destiny? They clearly stated before the trailer that it was an XBox One exclusive, which Destiny isn't.

Why would Chief need a cloak? Still, 60fps and Dedicated servers are long over due. I do not see myself getting it on launch. I don't like the Xbox One's policies nor do I like the new style of Halo MP, not to mention the campaign is more like some weird pice of fan fiction now. Titan Fall looked cool though, shame it is an exclusive.

Apple has been killing it at WWDC. Hopefully Sony will do the same at E3.

Guys, Master Chief does not need a cloak obviously. It was just there to add mystery and suspense until the giant Forerunner thing blew off the hood.

I thought it was a fantastic reveal.

reggie

Banned
Reggie what are you talking about?

Did you guys really think that was Destiny? They clearly stated before the trailer that it was an XBox One exclusive, which Destiny isn't.

Xbox exclusive means nothing though. I also didn't hear it.

It looked like Destiny and the music sounded like typical Marty. Was jarring when he took off the hood and revealed his helmet, completely surprising.

Surely this is what 343 was going for?

Woorloog

Banned
Guys, Master Chief does not need a cloak obviously. It was just there to add mystery and suspense until the giant Forerunner thing blew off the hood.

I thought it was a fantastic reveal.

It is fantastic for making people to wonder, but it still doesn't make any sense within the context. The MJOLNIR armor is fully sealed environmental suit.

Omni

Kinda worried about zero Destiny videos or something for Microsoft instead it looks like it will be more exclusive for PS4

I think Bungie are trying to get their name out to Sony fans. For ten years they've been synonymous with the Xbox. Obviously they're trying to extend their potential customers.

It suddenly occured to me that I still have no fucking idea what Quantum Break is supposed to be.

It is fantastic for making people to wonder, but it still doesn't make any sense within the context. The MJOLNIR armor is fully sealed environmental suit.

Maybe an explanation isn't necessary because it was just used for reveal purposes? I mean it was just a reveal. It's not like we're going to be wearing that cloak in the game.

If MC does actually wear that cloak in the game, then that's when we start complaining.

Woorloog

Banned
Kinda worried about zero Destiny videos or something for Microsoft instead it looks like it will be more exclusive for PS4

Considering it will be on 360, it won't be Sony Exclusive... and thus unlikely to be PS4 exclusive for the next-gen.
Not sure of course, but i reckon it will be on Xbone.

Maybe an explanation isn't necessary because it was just used for reveal purposes? I mean it was just a reveal. It's not like we're going to be wearing that cloak in the game.

If MC does actually wear that cloak in the game, then that's when we start complaining.

If we won't get the cloak in-game, i will complain (about a game i won't be playing).

It was cool, but still wearing a cloak without an in-universe reason bothers me, even if it just a reveal trailer.

Omni

Considering it will be on 360, it won't be Sony Exclusive... and thus unlikely to be PS4 exclusive for the next-gen.
Not sure of course, but i reckon it will be on Xbone.

They already said so for Xbone when the console was announced (just over twitter, not at the conference).

Ryaaan14

Banned
I don't know why, but even after Reach and Halo 4 I still find myself getting excited about Halo game announcements. It's like I'm a kid again. Love it.
Yeah same.

And they fucking fooled me again too. I love how all the teasers throw you for a loop in the first half.

Also we better get to wear the cloak in the game. I wanna see dat next gen cloth animation.

Talents

Banned
It's funny how everyone has forgotten how badly 343 fucked up with Halo 4 just because they've announced Halo 5 with a mediocre at best trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom