• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

It's funny how everyone has forgotten how badly 343 fucked up with Halo 4 just because they've announced Halo 5 with a mediocre at best trailer.

They done did fuck up with 4. That's obvious. However they have been doing a decent job fixing those mistakes.

What are the odds 4 list a bunch of features that were lamented (bandwidth bro) simply because the majority of the studio had to jump on 5? That would actually fit with what we know so far.

Legendary HaloGAF member
It was the dearth of the true HaloGAF thread that was his demise.

Sai-kun

Banned
It's funny how everyone has forgotten how badly 343 fucked up with Halo 4 just because they've announced Halo 5 with a mediocre at best trailer.

The North Remembers.

But for real, I've been getting hyped for Halo trailers since like 2003, I can't help but be excited at a reveal for a new one. But I need to play it before I can actually be excited.

Woorloog

Banned
So, Star Wars Battlefront was just revealed....

Next-Gen instantly got 100x better.

ADS, constant reloading, weapons mods... I bet it will have at least 2 of those. And sprinting and other staples of course.
Won't be good Star Wars.
Unless they include space combat and boarding actions, then i'm on board.

neoism

j7vQQLPhBL6yB.png

RIP, hopefully not perma.

lol

Booshka

Ya no thanks, glad Halo finally is going to be 60 FPS and have dedi's. I would have liked that since Halo 3 from Microsoft's Flagship title and the Gold subscription, but at least it is finally happening.

I don't really care at all about the Xbone though, too expensive, exclusives weren't system sellers imo. Most of the games there will be on PC as well, Titan Fall being the main one. I don't like that Titan Fall's Pilot gunplay is essentially CoD, but all the other things they are doing with the fast and vertical movement, quick mechs (with Strafe for the love of god) makes me very interested. Glad that the CoD 4 guys were able to leave and make something actually interesting instead of iterating on the same shit for 7 years.

Interested to see what 343 does with Halo 5, I chuckled when the whole, "evolving combat" line was said. I was like heh, sure.

Sucks that Kyle is gone forever, at least I was around to enjoy his shenanigans unlike EazyB who was before my time on HaloGAF.

That teaser was fucking awesome. TitanFall looks sick too.

Still not dropping 500 on a console though. Unless i quit smoking, drinking, and having a social life so I can afford one.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So has anyone analyzed the trailer yet? You know, for those dozen plot points that 343 will not be entertaining.

Frankie and co probably got tired of you posting "60fps & dedis plz" every other day. It worked, man. What are your top priorities now?

Small Maps
In game ranking at release
Me Playlisting and not people who dont play.
HaloTV
Fresh Content...Daily/Weeklies challenges like in Reach, Weekend dub exp playlists. DLC being balanced to fill gaps, do not create dlc before game comes out and then release it very quickly
Mercenaries playlist.

Ghazi

So has anyone analyzed the trailer yet? You know, for those dozen plot points that 343 will not be entertaining.

Well that crack in Chief's almost tells me that we'll be getting a Palmer sex scene.

The War sphinx had multiple mops coming out of it as wings so we'll almost assuredly have Beamish as the main protagonist.

No hype at all for that Halo reveal.

The whole desert thing made me think they where going for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro

That nostalgia man, that was a good trailer.

I LOVE how interconnected games are becoming, like its SO cool watching that last game in the Ubi conference how at the end they got scared because another group of players approached. I cant wait for this kind of stuff to become playable.

Seance

Banned
BF4 is 60fps on next gen too. Best gen ever confirmed.
Is Titan Fall really coming to PC as well? Really excited to play that game.

Booshka

Ya I am excited to work out my PC with Titan Fall, Witcher 3 and some other next gen titles. Glad that Next gen gaming is finally upon us so more beefy games will come out for PC.

I don't know why, but even after Reach and Halo 4 I still find myself getting excited about Halo game announcements. It's like I'm a kid again. Love it.

I really do hope that they drop with the CoD crap this time around though. Go back to the damn roots for campaign (don't see it happening with multiplayer). There's no need for those extremely scripted elements that Halo 4 brought in (I'M LOOKING AT YOU EXTREMELY TEDIOUS, BORING AND FRAGILE MAMMOTH SECTION). The trailer seems like they've got something rather different planned, and I'm glad. Just don't make it CoD/Halo Hybrid 2.0, please 343i.

Plus after that conference I'm almost certain that I'll be getting an Xbone. Will probably pre-order next week. Price is a little steeper than I expected... probably looking around the 700 dollar mark here in Australia.

$599 in Aus mate.

Remember the many time I've said Halo 5 in 2014 and some of you scrubs didn't believe me??

Get shit on HolaGAF!

:p

HaloGAF logic:

"They confirmed in an interview that they're doing a bi-yearly release cycle for mainline titles."

"BUBUBUBUBUBU

BUBUBUBUBUBUBU

NUH UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCKIN IDIOT"

Oh awesome. That's a tad better than I expected. :)

Damn. Games are even more expensive now? I'm looking at EB games and every next gen game is $120. Fuck. As if they weren't ripping us off enough before.

The Azure cloud had better price Aussie digital games more in line with the live exchange rate than the retail store(s) pricing for physical copies. I mean it's zero shipping costs and literally coming from the same Azure cloud, which MS already have two Azure datacentres in Australia , so they had better fucking keep the pricing in line this time.

So uh who wants the Xbox One now

Me, Why wouldn't I?

Killzone, The Order 1886, and maybe Infamous + a few misc indie titles are the only attractive things from the event for me. I mean Xbox One didn't do a whole lot better but I know where my friends are going and I like Xbox 1st party. I still plan to get a PS4 at some point but for 3 games It can wait.

So uh who wants the Xbox One now

Me. Just like I want a PS4 as well.

Both gaming systems are awesome. PS4 is cheaper, and has no restrictions, that's great. Sony is also sure to release some great games on it, Naughty Dog is king and Destiny Exclusive Content. Plus better specs.

(to me) Xbox One has better exclusives, and I love Forza and Halo and wish to continue playing them. I also prefer Live to PSN, and I prefer the controller.

I'm buying both and I want both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom