• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony wins the generation, hands down. Like it's not even going to be close unless Microsoft changes their policies.

I'm secretly wishing that Microsoft enters "OH MY GOD WE'RE SCREWED!" mode and lowers the Xbox One price to $399 as well. Come on Microsoft, you can take that profit loss! Take out the year of gold bundled in and make people buy that separately.

Ghazi

Dude, Final Fantasy 15 (aka Versus) is what sealed the deal for me. Destiny, Diablo, Naughty Dog, and the other indie games are all bonuses.

The only things that make me sad about not getting an Xbox One is Killer Instincts, Halo, and that indie game by the guys who made Sword and Sorcery. Never, and I say never, would've expected that to be on Xbone and I want it really badly. Killer Instincts looked great too since recently I became a fighter junkie. And Halo, well, we all know about Halo.

Also, most of the games showed at MS's conference are coming to PS4. So <3 TitanFall

Madness

Sony just shat all over the folks who said the industry is moving towards no used games, always online, how it's such a good thing for gamers etc.

And I'm guessing Sony doesn't consider it theft to loan a game to a friend to play until he beats it.

Wzk7tSU.jpg

This image is dedicated to a few posters here...

Booshka

Give me that Titan Fall, biiiiiiiiiiitch.

PC let's go. I'm actually pretty excited for it as well. Even though it's got that Trademark ADS and Sprint gunplay on the Pilot side, everything else looks amazing and super smooth. Glad that a huge studio and massive AAA game is emphasizing fast and dynamic movement in a shooter again, it's been too long.

Madness

As for me, not wanting to pay for Live was a huge motivator for Playstation for me. But now that Sony requires a subscription as well, I'll probably stick with XbOne.

While I despise the used games and DRM and online authentication, I'd rather stay and play the games. Dead Rising, Titanfall and next gen Halo.

Price isn't too bad considering you get a free year of live. Plus remember it comes with Kinect.

Anybody pre-order a console yet? Ps4 gonna be $399 + $50 subscription. XbOne going to be $499 no subscription for first year etc.

Edit: did anyone also notice how fast paced a lot of the games were? Titanfall especially with those thruster packs, double jumps, wall running etc.

Already ordered a PS4, but I doubt I'll keep it. Not a chance of ordering an Xbone, I seriously don't know how anyone could consider owning one at this point. There's nothing that they can do to get me to want one now.

Booshka

As for me, not wanting to pay for Live was a huge motivator for Playstation for me. But now that Sony requires a subscription as well, I'll probably stick with XbOne.

While I despise the used games and DRM and online authentication, I'd rather stay and play the games. Dead Rising, Titanfall and next gen Halo.

Price isn't too bad considering you get a free year of live. Plus remember it comes with Kinect.

Anybody pre-order a console yet? Ps4 gonna be $399 + $50 subscription. XbOne going to be $499 no subscription for first year etc.

Edit: did anyone also notice how fast paced a lot of the games were? Titanfall especially with those thruster packs, double jumps, wall running etc.

Maybe if it didn't have Kinect it would be 399 and I would give a shit.

Dead Rising 3 looks pretty lame, way too serious and dark, the whimsy and humor of Dead Rising is what kept me addicted to the game. DR3 looks soulless and drab in comparison to DR1 and DR2. If the gameplay is good I'll wait for a hopeful PC release, otherwise I don't really care.

Being able to lend games to my friends is big for me, I have a close friend that I constantly trade games with back and forth. He will buy one game, I will buy another, and we lend each other our respective games and get to play two games for price of one. We also share the cost of games and borrow it back and forth constantly.

Halo 5 will probably suck anyway. Franchise has burned me far too many times for me to bother with a console with so much BS and is 100 bucks more than the competition. Especially when its biggest exclusive (Titan Fall) is on PC.

Seance

Banned
Already ordered a PS4, but I doubt I'll keep it. Not a chance of ordering an Xbone, I seriously don't know how anyone could consider owning one at this point. There's nothing that they can do to get me to want one now.

You heard the Halo news? Next gen halo at 1080p60. Also apparently 343 have come to their senses so Halo5 may not be another Halo-CoD bastard child no one loves.

You heard the Halo news? Next gen halo at 1080p60. Also apparently 343 have come to their senses so Halo5 may not be another Halo-CoD bastard child no one loves.

1080p and 60fps mean nothing if the game is bad, and we'll see if the game's a return to form. Like I've said before, Halo returning to how it used to play is the only that could make me consider wanting an Xbone. But even then, I don't think I could support a system that is as much anti-consumer as this thing is.

But I'll say that I thought the trailer was cool.

Ramirez

PC let's go. I'm actually pretty excited for it as well. Even though it's got that Trademark ADS and Sprint gunplay on the Pilot side, everything else looks amazing and super smooth. Glad that a huge studio and massive AAA game is emphasizing fast and dynamic movement in a shooter again, it's been too long.

I'll be on X1 with the rest of my HaloGAF bros.

Ryaaan14

Banned
So let's be honest here. Does this or does this not feel like some sort of Shakespeare shit. Halo 4 wasn't that great, and was the last Halo on the 360 which was an incredibly good console.

343 probably learned from the feedback from Halo 4 and made Halo 5 into the perfect game. Then the Sony $399, no DRM, no always online happened. And no one was around to play the awesome Halo game.

Guys, what do. If the event that the Xbone pulls a Dreamcast, does 343 die with it? I don't know this stuff.

Ramirez

Anyone who thinks the X1 will flop is delusional. Your typical CoD consumer is still going to want the next CoD on the Xbox, and Titan Fall appeals to that same person.

789shadow

Banned
So let's be honest here. Does this or does this not feel like some sort of Shakespeare shit. Halo 4 wasn't that great, and was the last Halo on the 360 which was an incredibly good console.

343 probably learned from the feedback from Halo 4 and made Halo 5 into the perfect game. Then the Sony $399, no DRM, no always online happened. And no one was around to play the awesome Halo game.

Guys, what do. If the event that the Xbone pulls a Dreamcast, does 343 die with it? I don't know this stuff.
Halo 5 will still have the same shitty bastard-child-of-COD gameplay as Halo 4, just running at 60 FPS and on dedicated servers, so you can choose specific types of shit to play.

Booshka

Xbone will do fine, it will still be very successful, and Microsoft can throw money at it until it works. If Halo 5 is an amazing system seller then it will do fine and Halo will go on as usual.

I just don't care to be a part of the Xbone experiment, I'll wait and see from a long distance away. I also have HaloGAF for impressions I actually care about.

Thank god I invested in a gaming PC 6 months ago.

Duji

Small Maps
In game ranking at release
Me Playlisting and not people who dont play.
HaloTV
Fresh Content...Daily/Weeklies challenges like in Reach, Weekend dub exp playlists. DLC being balanced to fill gaps, do not create dlc before game comes out and then release it very quickly
Mercenaries playlist.

K. Be sure to repost this every few days. Halo 6 will meet your demands at this rate. You're 1/1.

Anyone who thinks the X1 will flop is delusional. Your typical CoD consumer is still going to want the next CoD on the Xbox, and Titan Fall appeals to that same person.

It's equally delusional to believe that your average CoD consumer doesn't love buying games used, borrowing games from friends, or being offline for extended periods of time (obviously not the case in CoD, but definitely the case for other players). They can do none of these with the X1, and Sony and Nintendo will make sure that they know this. Average consumers are willing to put up with even less than people like us are. I really don't see how this will do well outside of people like Speedy. And Titanfall is enticing, but it's also available on PC and 360, with the sequel most likely being on PS4.

But whatever, this isn't really worth arguing about. Neither of us are going to change our opinion.

I'll be on X1 with the rest of my HaloGAF bros.
Yiss. People can lie to themselves, but I will see the most of you guys again when Halo Xbox One comes out. People will get hyped etc.

Anyway, I will get both consoles anyway. At the moment Xbox One has the better first-party line-up, but I will join Next-Gen with Destiny and so I will get a PS4 first. (Will get the Xbox One with the new Halo)

Btw. I thought the Halo Xbox One trailer was incredible. Yes, you can call me fanboy, but it's the best reveal so far.

kh31gmpe7.gif

Playstation 4 here I come. It hurts, cause I love my 360.. but yeah, $100 cheaper, 100% more powerful and no anti-consumer DRM policies. Easy choice.

Xbox One, Ill be back for you some other time when you're cheaper and have Halo.

Yiss. People can lie to themselves, but I will see the most of you guys again when Halo Xbox One comes out. People will get hyped etc.

Anyway, I will get both consoles anyway. At the moment Xbox One has the better first-party line-up, but I will join Next-Gen with Destiny and so I will get a PS4 first. (Will get the Xbox One with the new Halo)

Btw. I thought the Halo Xbox One trailer was incredible. Yes, you can call me fanboy, but it's the best reveal so far.

lol

and if speculation is true and PS4 offers a better looking/running version of CoD for $100 less than what?

When and where has a COD ever looked better on a Sony console? COD is MSFT's money hat, timed exclusive DLC, consensus that it's THE console to play COD on.

Fotos

Was I the only one who got excited when they started talking about GTAV but then was immediately disappointed when all they showed off were stupid ass headphones?

I really can't say I won't buy an Xbox One now. Dedicated Servers and 60 FPS is so awesome. Will I get one at launch? Probably not. But I like Halo way too much to deny myself it. If only that new 360 revision was cheaper :/

Titanfall looks pretty excellent...but I gotta say I'm not getting xboned until I see the next Halo. After this patch I'm having a lot more fun with 4; if 343 can muster up some excellence I'll throw down.

Edit: does anyone else find it ironic that drab looking smaller arena maps are now rampant in matchmaking (and for good reason)?

Omni

Nothing wowed me at the Sony conference and they've managed to make a box uglier than the X1.

So naturally I'm buying an Xbone.

Destiny footage didn't wow me either. I was watching on my iPhone, so maybe I missed something... but it looked dull. Pretty visuals, but dull gameplay.

I agree. Despite liking the Sony conference more and pretty much deciding to jump ship to Playstation, the Halo reveal trailer was the best.

However the best overall moment in E3 for me would have to be the Destiny gameplay. I need that game yesterday.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't wait to see what Nintendo has for tomorrow. I don't have a Wii U or 3DS, but I'm really thinking about grabbing one this fall, especially since the PS4 is a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom