• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Xbone
GTAV
Forza V
BF4
Splinter Cell maybeee.

Maybe one more Xbone exclusive/3rd party if there are any cool ones being released (e3 didn't give dates so it's a bit early).

Booshka

So what is everyone's post E3 Fall/Holiday list so far?

So far I have

PS4
BF4
Pokemon X
and maybe CoD Ghosts.

Don't really need too many PS4 games at launch since BF4, PlanetSide 2 and Warframe should keep me busy for awhile until Destiny.

Steam Winter sales on games I should have played years ago. Hopefully Skyrim gets a nice price drop for the Legendary edition around Black Friday, Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite series and I have been holding off on Skyrim until I got my gaming PC (done) and it lowers in price for the complete package.

oh right you reminded me, I will be playing GTA V a lot, and if Splinter Cell Spies vs Mercs is what it should be I will invest myself in that as well.

List of things to buy:

Playstation 4, no games along with it, no PS+ until I buy a game.

Xbox One, along with Forza Motorsport 5, an extra controller, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, Project Sparks, Battlefield 4, CoD Ghost. (and maybe 2 more controllers in case I just want to have a big launch party with my friends where they come over and we play my new Xbox One together.)

Random games through-out the year

GTA V, The Last Of Us, Saints Row The Fourth, and a bunch of other stuff I have pre-ordered and probably forgot about until Gamestop calls me and tells me said game is out.

wwm0nkey

Steam Winter sales on games I should have played years ago. Hopefully Skyrim gets a nice price drop for the Legendary edition around Black Friday, Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite series and I have been holding off on Skyrim until I got my gaming PC (done) and it lowers in price for the complete package.

oh right you reminded me, I will be playing GTA V a lot, and if Splinter Cell Spies vs Mercs is what it should be I will invest myself in that as well.

I have GTAV already paid off, was hoping for a nextgen version though :(

Might also get Splinter Cell just for SvM since that looks like A LOT of fun.

Omni

List of things to buy:

Xbox One, along with Forza Motorsport 5, an extra controller, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, Project Sparks, Battlefield 4, CoD Ghost. (and maybe 2 more controllers in case I just want to have a big launch party with my friends where they come over and we play my new Xbox One together.)

GTA V, The Last Of Us, Saints Row The Fourth, and a bunch of other stuff I have pre-ordered and probably forgot about until Gamestop calls me and tells me said game is out.
Why get a ps4 if you're not buying any games for it?

Why get a ps4 if you're not buying any games for it?

Cause shortages? Destiny hype? I'll probably get PS+ to get Drive Club for free, and whatever game they give for free the month after.

Also, I'll get CoD Ghost on it depending on if my friends also get a PS4, all my friends are jumping on Xbox One except for one of them, can't blame him for wanting a PS4.

Booshka

PS+ and the games that gets you and Free to Play games like Planet Side 2 and Warframe, you can buy one and really not need anything else for awhile lol
Will Planetside 2 be crossplat with PC?

Probably not because LOL Shadowrun, but it would be nice.

Omni

PS+ and the games that gets you and Free to Play games like Planet Side 2 and Warframe, you can buy one and really not need anything else for awhile lol
Totally forgot about that. If there's one thing I kinda want on the Xbone is PS2... Oh well I guess.
Cause shortages? Destiny hype? I'll probably get PS+ to get Drive Club for free, and whatever game they give for free the month after.

Also, I'll get CoD Ghost on it depending on if my friends also get a PS4, all my friends are jumping on Xbox One except for one of them, can't blame him for wanting a PS4.
Destiny isn't an exclusive though?

But fair enough.

It's a machine to play games. On principle enough, the principle that the sharing doesn't affect me personally, I will buy this system.

Don't get me wrong, If a Halo launches that I can get behind a year later I will want one but I am saying to support the anti consumer shit at launch for that price is hard to believe but each his own I guess.

I probably would have stomached either the price or the DRM. There is enough 3rd party and Destiny PS4 to keep me busy until Halo comes.

This is amazing. Why didn't I know about this?

Apparently it is only teased and talked about by Waypoint scrubs, like me ;) Just kidding but Waypoint dropped hints of Silentium glyphs and a Section 3 community has risen for all these hidden goodies. They are a dedicated and accurate bunch.

Don't get me wrong, If a Halo launches that I can get behind a year later I will want one but I am saying to support the anti consumer shit at launch for that price is hard to believe but each his own I guess.

I probably would have stomached either the price or the DRM. There is enough 3rd party and Destiny PS4 to keep me busy until Halo comes.

I support the day one purchase of X1 if for no other reason than dedicated XBL servers all over the globe. Sure I dislike the DRM too but it's not a personal or friends I play with issue enough to stop me buying X1 or games.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I don't see it as false at all. I could care less about the USA tv feed overlays but I have two young children and not looking for multiple remotes all day seems good to me. My kids, their friends and cousins like Kinect too, for families it is actually fun and a group activity. My wife also does Wii fit so she'll come over to a new Kinect fitness finally and our Wii can be given away to make room.

When I then factor in my Halo dedicated servers the $50 is great value. Further if the day one 12 months live is true then I'm in front by a long way.

Truth be told for dedis I would happily pay that extra $50 just for that. How you think that's a false measure is beyond me. Further where are Sony's online details? Is it p2p or dedis? How many compared to Azure?

It will take time for developers to grasp the cloud. I have seen both sides of dev perspectives. Forza uses the drivatar stuff already and Halo will of course use it too, just small examples for now.

I don't know why I'm replying to a known troll/xbot but here I go.

It's a false equivalency when you start blathering on about PSEye and Kinect, and how it's "just as much" as the Xbone if you buy it.

No one, not even the people who want kinect, should be forced to buy (much less use 100% of the time) an accessory with their console.

Dedicated servers for every game? It's just Halo. It's just MS published games. They wont give it away for free for EA/Activision games, CoD will still be peer hosted. Cloud computing? It'll be the most meaningless extra shit or they would up the cost of XBLGold. Maybe they'll finally get back up to Halo 2s Bungie.net game tracking with kill locations on the map.

I'm gonna bookmark this for when they backpeddle in a year or two because the always online and mandatory kinects are killing them and they patch it out. There is no way this will end well for them.

It's a false equivalency when you start blathering on about PSEye and Kinect, and how it's "just as much" as the Xbone if you buy it.

No one, not even the people who want kinect, should be forced to buy (much less use 100% of the time) an accessory with their console.

Dedicated servers for every game? It's just Halo. It's just MS published games. They wont give it away for free for EA/Activision games, CoD will still be peer hosted. Cloud computing? It'll be the most meaningless extra shit or they would up the cost of XBLGold. Maybe they'll finally get back up to Halo 2s Bungie.net game tracking with kill locations on the map.

I'm gonna bookmark this for when they backpeddle in a year or two because the always online and mandatory kinects are killing them and they patch it out. There is no way this will end well for them.

You seem like a top bloke mate, good luck to you. Please bookmark and eat your own words as Kinect and Azure are always going to be part of Xbox One. They define the platform.

Holy crap how have I never seen or heard of this :O :O :O

Thanks for this. Here is the YT link to the extra chapter.

http://youtu.be/a3YLl2NLVFA

I guess there is an opposite of "troll/xbot" though.

Dedicated services for any MS published games? Not true, Titanfall is using the MS Azure dedicated services for hosting MP games and they are published by EA.
Cloud processing for only 'meaningless extra shit'? Several devs talked about using it the last couple days for stuff such as AI and Physics systems. I guess those are meaningless though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
lol

It's funny cause you guys are babbies
jRKcXCiXUNWN8.jpg

>tfw when you were a babby

wwm0nkey

I guess there is an opposite of "troll/xbot" though.

Dedicated services for any MS published games? Not true, Titanfall is using the MS Azure dedicated services for hosting MP games and they are published by EA.
Cloud processing for only 'meaningless extra shit'? Several devs talked about using it the last couple days for stuff such as AI and Physics systems. I guess those are meaningless though.

People act like Sony hasn't invested in cloud gaming at all. Nope they totally didn't buy one of the best cloud gaming platforms a few years ago...nope not at all.

Ken

List of things to buy:

Woah there StalkerUKwhatever v2.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
People act like Sony hasn't invested in cloud gaming at all. Nope they totally didn't buy one of the best clod gaming platforms a few years ago...nope not at all.

It really doesn't matter either way. If people really buy the crap that they're going to stream a physics engine back and forth across the internet, even after the Simcity debacle that proved you could play it offline, then nothing will remove them from their bubble.

The console has to be always connected to the internet so Forza can play without you. Totally worth it.

wwm0nkey

It really doesn't matter either way. If people really buy the crap that they're going to stream a physics engine back and forth across the internet, even after the Simcity debacle that proved you could play it offline, then nothing will remove them from their bubble.

The console has to be always connected to the internet so Forza can play without you. Totally worth it.

Dude I hear you can stream DX12 to the Xbox One though!

People act like Sony hasn't invested in cloud gaming at all. Nope they totally didn't buy one of the best cloud gaming platforms a few years ago...nope not at all.

Oh, I'm not saying they haven't, just wanted to correct some blatant inaccuracies in Laughtrey's post.

As long as you bring it up though, Sony has stated they're using Gaikai for backwards compatibility and starting games while still downloading, MS has stated that Azure can be used for dedicated servers and cloud computing for games. Not that Gaikai can't and/or won't be used for that, but we KNOW Azure will be used for that, and right away.

Azure is a billion dollar business, it's not something MS is just pulling out of their ass.

Sure how about they provide some details or roadmaps of what their developers and gamers can expect?

I don't claim to be the foremost expert on Gaikai but the investment rounds a, b & c total less than $50 million. If you compare that to Azure gross revenue already topping $1 billion last year there is very little to discuss.

Sony paid $380 million for Gaikai and have limited use on an existing smaller and somewhat unproven network that will have poor regional coverage. I hope all of that buyout goes directly to infrastructure as they're going to need it.

By comparison MS has $3 billion of Azure investment going on and that is beyond the recent years of establishing the platform. It is not all games though but it gives you an idea of just how outclassed Sony/Gaikai are.

Azure has also been around for years and enjoys a massive following amongst developers from all walks and industries. The experience, knowledge and platform have had the wheels in motion for a very long time and X1 will reap major benefits now and in the future.

I work with Azure everyday and it's not a startup investment funded by Sony for "we've got to have that too". Sure Sony may very well develop a fantastic cloud based service but it already seems quite splintered and behind the 8 ball. I would love a great service here as I love Sony products but they have a massive up hill battle in terms of the cloud IMO.

If someone has better information for infrastructure comparisons I'd love to hear it.

wwm0nkey

Sure how about they provide some details or roadmaps of what their developers and gamers can expect?

I don't claim to be the foremost expert on Gaikai but the investment rounds a, b & c total less than $50 million. If you compare that to Azure gross revenue already topping $1 billion last year there is very little to discuss.

Sony paid $380 million for Gaikai and have limited use on an existing smaller and somewhat unproven network that will have poor regional coverage. I hope all of that buyout goes directly to infrastructure as they're going to need it.

By comparison MS has $3 billion of Azure investment going on and that is beyond the recent years of establishing the platform. It is not all games though but it gives you an idea of just how outclassed Sony/Gaikai are.

Azure has also been around for years and enjoys a massive following amongst developers from all walks and industries. The experience, knowledge and platform have had the wheels in motion for a very long time and X1 will reap major benefits now and in the future.

I work with Azure everyday and it's not a startup investment funded by Sony for "we've got to have that too". Sure Sony may very well develop a fantastic cloud based service but it already seems quite splintered and behind the 8 ball. I would love a great service here as I love Sony products but they have a massive up hill battle in terms of the cloud IMO.

If someone has better information for infrastructure comparisons I'd love to hear it.
Okay then I want to know a few things then.

-How will it help with the 5 gig of RAM
-How will it make up for slower speeds on the RAM?
-How does it make up for the weaker GPU that might be getting down clocked?

Also what do you personally work on with Azure and is it gaming related at all?

Akai__

Okay then I want to know a few things then.

-How will it help with the 5 gig of RAM
-How will it make up for slower speeds on the RAM?

-How does it make up for the weaker GPU that might be getting down clocked?

Also what do you personally work on with Azure and is it gaming related at all?

4GB's of RAM is usually enough for games.

What speed are they at? Because this is something, which isn't noticeable, too, if you are not going to do video work (rendering etc.) on the Xbox.

Edit:
Yeah for now but that will bite them in the ass when devs use more which they will.

RAM speeds are 1.5x slower I believe, need to check on that exact amount.

1.5x slower than what? Also, with the next chipset and CPU's, DDR4 RAM will be introduced. That's probably the point, when they are starting to use more RAM for games.

wwm0nkey

4GB's of RAM is usually enough for games.

What speed are they at? Because this is something, which isn't noticeable, too, if you are not going to do video work (rendering etc.) on the Xbox.
Yeah for now but that will bite them in the ass when devs use more which they will.

Nutter

Do you even know how electronics work?

Hell do you even know how Networks work?

So having 5gb for games is bad, when the PS4 had only 4 up until February?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom