• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then I want to know a few things then.

-How will it help with the 5 gig of RAM
-How will it make up for slower speeds on the RAM?
-How does it make up for the weaker GPU that might be getting down clocked?

Also what do you personally work on with Azure and is it gaming related at all?

It all depends on the latency and developer vision/execution. At the moment Azure is or is about to have entire datacenters in most major regions. The usual Azure datacenter is local and contains on average 1200-2500 servers. For reference Australia has two Azure data centres currently under construction; Melbourne & Sydney. There are also dozens in the USA or Europe ready too.

If you imagine a 25-100ms latency thus allows for some really tight integrations for AI or physics or calculations with just the results going to your console.

Here's a simple example; imagine GTA having all multiplayers or NPC's in a full real time persistent world all with full blown interactions, events and AI. Even groups of consoles on LAN would not be capable of such calculations. Say 100,000 daily players and 100,000 NPC's. Now add in the gamespace of Destiny or EVE online. Essentially the cloud is running the world, processing what is acceptable via latency and your local console handles the rest or stop gaps in between e.g. YouTube streaming switching between SD/HD.

In terms of your direct questions many developer ideas or games could use a variety of these systems that far exceed your 5Gb memory.

The architecture in the X1 console has esram as well, which is basically a buffer for speed purposes of the main memory e.g. CPU cache.

The GPU differences have little effect on the multiplatform games as the game engines and developer code optimisations often inhibit the actual GPU or other component workload outputs. It more about the developer tricks across both platforms than the actual hardware differences. In terms of exclusive titles yes I agree the PS4 GPU has the edge. However MS has DirectX in house so optimisations there are better than Sony's.

I have posted a fair amount about Azure and it's a sit ton to read. Checkout this GAF thread and my responses if you want more cloud ideas and Azure talk.

As for me I work with Azure in an infrastructure as a service capacity which entails: website hosting, database design/hosting, scaling, analytical, language systems, web services, third party integrations and more. I also work with .NET, C#, SQL, windows/Linux servers and a ton of software like visual studio or team foundation server.

Gaming uses a ton of these technologies and coding languages. I have also been coding and designing with computers since I was 8 and I'm 37 later this year.

wwm0nkey

Do you even know how electronics work?

Hell do you even know how Networks work?

So having 5gb for games is bad, when the PS4 had only 4 up until February?
Not saying its bad right now but when systems start using more memory it will be underpowered. Now granted it won't be as horribly under powered as the WiiU And Yes if PS4 stuck with 4 that would have been bad as well.

Electronics, I know how they work and even someone who isn't should know more power is good to future proof a system in the long run, its pretty simple.

Networks, I will not pretend to know EVERYTHING about that but that is why I asked questions.

wwm0nkey

It all depends on the latency and developer vision/execution. At the moment Azure is or is about to have entire datacenters in most major regions. The usual Azure datacenter is local and contains on average 1200-2500 servers. For reference Australia has two Azure data centres currently under construction; Melbourne & Sydney. There are also dozens in the USA or Europe ready too.

If you imagine a 25-100ms latency thus allows for some really tight integrations for AI or physics or calculations with just the results going to your console.

Here's a simple example; imagine GTA having all multiplayers or NPC's in a full real time persistent world all with full blown interactions, events and AI. Even groups of consoles on LAN would not be capable of such calculations. Say 100,000 daily players and 100,000 NPC's. Now add in the gamespace of Destiny or EVE online. Essentially the cloud is running the world, processing what is acceptable via latency and your local console handles the rest or stop gaps in between e.g. YouTube streaming switching between SD/HD.

In terms of your direct questions many developer ideas or games could use a variety of these systems that far exceed your 5Gb memory.

The architecture in the X1 console has esram as well, which is basically a buffer for speed purposes of the main memory e.g. CPU cache.

The GPU differences have little effect on the multiplatform games as the game engines and developer code optimisations often inhibit the actual GPU or other component workload outputs. It more about the developer tricks across both platforms than the actual hardware differences. In terms of exclusive titles yes I agree the PS4 GPU has the edge. However MS has DirectX in house so optimisations there are better than Sony's.

I have posted a fair amount about Azure and it's a sit ton to read. Checkout this GAF thread and my responses if you want more cloud ideas and Azure talk.

As for me I work with Azure in an infrastructure as a service capacity which entails: website hosting, database design/hosting, scaling, analytical, language systems, web services, third party integrations and more. I also work with .NET, C#, SQL, windows/Linux servers and a ton of software like visual studio or team foundation server.

Gaming uses a ton of these technologies and coding languages. I have also been coding and designing with computers since I was 8 and I'm 37 later this year.
Now this was a good post.
(Not sarcasm, thanks for answering the questions)

But I still REALLY don't think Microsoft should have jumped to an online dependent system just yet.

Maybe for whatever follows the Xone but not right now since a lot of people do game offline still.

Now this was a good post.
(Not sarcasm, thanks for answering the questions)

But I still REALLY don't think Microsoft should have jumped to an online dependent system just yet.

Maybe for whatever follows the Xone but not right now since a lot of people do game offline still.

It is very true and a good point you make. The benefits for games may be executed poorly initially or the Internetworking technologies may develop slowly or be wildly varied from country to country etc.

However with the new generation expected to last 10 years we can see why the cloud is just going to get better and better.

wwm0nkey

It is very true and a good point you make. The benefits for games may be executed poorly initially or the Internetworking technologies may develop slowly or be wildly varied from country to country etc.

However with the new generation expected to last 10 years we can see why the cloud us just going to get better and better.
Good point about the time frame of this gen. While I will eventually get a Xbox One I will still be sticking with the PS4 for a few years. I am interested to see hoe the cloud stuff plays out and I hope the lending thing changes because I borrow and share A LOT of games.

Good point about the time frame of this gen. While I will eventually get a Xbox One I will still be sticking with the PS4 for a few years. I am interested to see hoe the cloud stuff plays out and I hope the lending thing changes because I borrow and share A LOT of games.

I totally understand if you share a lot of games that DRM would piss you off. However the flip side is if every game, that was say 50-75% completed, via sharing was bought instead then games would probably cost less for everyone and developers wouldn't close or lose staff as much. Hopefully a nice balance can be reached as the Xbox One 24 hour and 1 hour stuff isn't ideal either.

wwm0nkey

I totally understand if you share a lot of games that DRM would piss you off. However the flip side is if every game, that was say 50-75% completed, via sharing was bought instead then games would probably cost less for everyone and developers wouldn't close or lose staff as much. Hopefully a nice balance can be reached as the Xbox One 24 hour and 1 hour stuff isn't ideal either.

One thing is for sure that everyone can agree on, this generation will be interesting and exciting.

Madness

It's irrelevant what Sony might have had, the point is, they now have much faster 8 gb of GDDR5 RAM of which 7 is useable for games.

By comparison, Xbox One not only uses slower DDR3 RAM, but only utilizes about 5 gb for games.

Not saying anything about it being enough, but when you're competing with another console, especially with regards to multiplatforms, it makes a difference.

I'm most likely getting an XbOne at launch but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This whole infinite power of the cloud is a nice gimmick. Let's see it in action.

It's irrelevant what Sony might have had, the point is, they now have much faster 8 gb of GDDR5 RAM of which 7 is useable for games.

By comparison, Xbox One not only uses slower DDR3 RAM, but only utilizes about 5 gb for games.

Not saying anything about it being enough, but when you're competing with another console, especially with regards to multiplatforms, it makes a difference.

A lot of your bias is showing. I'm most likely getting an XbOne at launch but I'm not going to sit here and pretend it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

This whole infinite power of the cloud is a nice gimmick. Let's see it in action.

I agree about seeing it in action, one would think E3 would have had one title with insane 4X graphics or a massive persistent world that has been running for the last 12 months. I'm surprised MS didn't nail Sony to the wall about the cloud. I suppose they just want to focus on games for now to really chalk that one up.

I was hoping to see the cloud benefits in the demos more too. Perhaps for now it is just like the Forza drivatars more so than raw processing in terms of graphics or lighting.

Note I will be buying a PS4 just not day one.

I'm a PC and Nintendo fan of old but I am Halo/Xbox centric these days due to limited gaming time. Plus I prefer the line up of games for X1 so far.

Also we haven't even touched on the other "living room" services that Azures/X1 targets. We all know Sony is going there but when and how is open to speculation still...

One thing is for sure that everyone can agree on, this generation will be interesting and exciting.

Agreed, things are shaping up nicely and some great gaming on both platforms by the look of it. Inevitably they'll both have crap too. It seems to me it's more what the developers do now rather than the hardware performance.

Madness

I was a DIEHARD Nintendo fan until about the Wii... The last console I bought of theirs was the DS Lite which I eventually stopped playing. Such a sharp turnaround but I just don't like what they're doing with their games and systems anymore.

I'm primarily Microsoft only at this point but they've been a real disappointment lately. They entered this industry primarily to serve gamers, to bring new experiences others were unwilling or incapable of. Original Xbox was great. Halo 2 over Xbox Live was some of the best gaming I've ever done. Then you have Xbox 360 and it didn't hit it's stride until Gears of War and then Halo 3 and CoD4 the year after. That two+ years was the best multiplayer gaming I had this gen.

Things do change though. Look at Sony's turnaround from their launch. There's no guarantee they can't scrap their requirements later. Online only and DRM didn't bother me personally, I objected on a matter of principle.

I'll probably get XbOne at launch, just to continue gaming. Might as well. If it turns out that Sony is absolutely killing it, I'll get ps4 later and then use it primarily and only use XbOne as a media box or for exclusives like Halo.

Adam Sessler interviews Joe Staten and walks him through Destiny gameplay and systems.

So much more hype than the Sony demo. Adam is top tier journalist.

I was a DIEHARD Nintendo fan until about the Wii... The last console I bought of theirs was the DS Lite which I eventually stopped playing. Such a sharp turnaround but I just don't like what they're doing with their games and systems anymore.

I'm primarily Microsoft only at this point but they've been a real disappointment lately. They entered this industry primarily to serve gamers, to bring new experiences others were unwilling or incapable of. Original Xbox was great. Halo 2 over Xbox Live was some of the best gaming I've ever done. Then you have Xbox 360 and it didn't hit it's stride until Gears of War and then Halo 3 and CoD4 the year after. That two+ years was the best multiplayer gaming I had this gen.

Things do change though. Look at Sony's turnaround from their launch. There's no guarantee they can't scrap their requirements later. Online only and DRM didn't bother me personally, I objected on a matter of principle.

I'll probably get XbOne at launch, just to continue gaming. Might as well. If it turns out that Sony is absolutely killing it, I'll get ps4 later and then use it primarily and only use XbOne as a media box or for exclusives like Halo.

I will always have a soft spot for Nintendo, and space on my gaming shelf, too. Nintendo in HD is just glorious, too: Off screen, but so much hype for Mario Kart 8. I love how the track twists and turns all over the place. Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, and Super Smash look also look like a ton of fun. Nintendo will keep on being Nintendo.

Really liked him and happy he went away from G4 (they are dead now anyways)

Great interview!

Also have any of you been watching the BF4 streams from yesterday? Game looks amazing.

BF4 looked like a ton of fun to play (as far as MP, campaign doesn't do it for me). I love the Commander mode, tablet, destructible environments (and skyscrapers!) and just the general scale of what was shown. I'll probably still pick it up on PC, though.

I'm also starting to develop a crush on Ubisoft... I just love how they support the shit out of everything and push their tech forward. The Watch Dogs interview/gameplay walkthrough on Rev3Games was great, specifically from here on. Love the tablet "game extension" stuff, competitive or helpful, seamless SP-MP, inception hacking. Kinda like a different take on similar ideas in Destiny. I can't wait. And the craziest part is that the Division looked even better!

Madness

Of course. I'd like nothing more than a Legend of Zelda that is 1080p and industry shattering. But those days are long gone. They're surviving solely on nostalgia at this point.

Ask any 10 year old if they've heard of Skyward Sword and then ask them if they've heard of Skyrim etc.

I think Mario Land/Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart are known because they are so accessible. I don't know, maybe I'm being too salty.

My storage room has Nintendo Power from 1990-2005, every month. I still have all my consoles, the boxes they came in, all my games, accessories, game boxes, manuals, etc. All stored up. That's how much I loved them. Countless strategy guides, toys, soundtracks, posters, shirts etc. I used to bleed Nintendo and now I'm wishing they'd just go software only at this point. They just cannot compete hardware wise anymore. The Gamecube was their last hurrah for me. Don't flame me lol.

Also, for Battlefield fans. Are the campaigns usually this lackluster? Compared with the video we saw earlier this year, I'm just not excited or impressed. Scripted explosions and your character falling etc. Random run and gun, etc. Remember that helicopter scene in the previous demo they showed?

At this point, the modern war shooter with this tactical team behind enemy lines is played out. There's nothing unique about it now. Do you guys buy it for the campaign or primarily multiplayer?

Overdoziz

Banned
Also, for Battlefield fans. Are the campaigns usually this lackluster? Compared with the video we saw earlier this year, I'm just not excited or impressed. Scripted explosions and your character falling etc. Random run and gun, etc. Remember that helicopter scene in the previous demo they showed?

At this point, the modern war shooter with this tactical team behind enemy lines is played out. There's nothing unique about it now. Do you guys buy it for the campaign or primarily multiplayer?
There is literally nobody on this planet who has ever bought Battlefield for its singleplayer.

wwm0nkey

There is literally nobody on this planet who has ever bought Battlefield for its singleplayer.

Pretty much this. Its all about the MP and regardless of what nextgen version you get, it will be 64 player goodness.

If you get the 360/PS3 version....Im so sorry.

Of course. I'd like nothing more than a Legend of Zelda that is 1080p and industry shattering. But those days are long gone. They're surviving solely on nostalgia at this point.

Ask any 10 year old if they've heard of Skyward Sword and then ask them if they've heard of Skyrim etc.

I think Mario Land/Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart are known because they are so accessible. I don't know, maybe I'm being too salty.

My storage room has Nintendo Power from 1990-2005, every month. I still have all my consoles, the boxes they came in, all my games, accessories, game boxes, manuals, etc. All stored up. That's how much I loved them. Countless strategy guides, toys, soundtracks, posters, shirts etc. I used to bleed Nintendo and now I'm wishing they'd just go software only at this point. They just cannot compete hardware wise anymore. The Gamecube was their last hurrah for me. Don't flame me lol.

I can't not be happy about what Nintendo showed. Just can't. It looks too fun, and too pretty. I also enjoyed Skyward Sword a lot. I do wish Nintendo would work on more franchises, yes, but their games, despite that they use the same characters, are just so damn fun to play. Call me an optimist or whatever, but I think the Wii U will do very well for Nintendo games, at least, which is exactly what I would buy one for. Call it nostalgia, sure, but when the games are good, I can't be bothered to care that it's the 8th Mario Kart (or Zelda, or Smash, or DK, or whatever variant or mix they come up with). It looks hawt.

As for Battlefield, I've been a fan since BF2, and I've never played through the single player, for what it's worth.

Madness

Damn, would you agree then that campaign assets and time and money could be spent more on multiplayer then?

I'm not speaking as a huge fan, so I can't say, but would you buy a Battlefield that is all multiplayer/coop.

Meaning nothing single player or story oriented. All the time in development is instead spent on maps, game modes, increasing fidelity, making game play better etc.

IHaveIce

Banned
Damn, would you agree then that campaign assets and time and money could be spent more on multiplayer then?

I'm not speaking as a huge fan, so I can't say, but would you buy a Battlefield that all multiplayer/coop.

Meaning nothing single player or story oriented. All the time in development is instead spent on maps, game modes, increasing fidelity, making game play better etc.

Yes of course, dude I'm not even sure if Battlefield 2 even had a Story mode, if yes I never played it and only played the MP.

Battlefield is MP only for me

Tawpgun

For those here who are also getting a PS4, anyone want to make a PlanetSide 2 group?
How does it work on ps4 is it still f2p?

Would be a mound of shit if you pay 60 bucks and get nothing extra lol. You should get 60 dollars of credit. My buddies say planet side is a very pay to win game.

willow ve

I'm not speaking as a huge fan, so I can't say, but would you buy a Battlefield that is all multiplayer/coop.

I would probably do that for almost any game I can think of. 7/10 games have weak or terrible stories and campaigns that you only play through (at most) one full time. Give us the multiplayer part and focus all the dev time to that aspect of the game.

wwm0nkey

How does it work on ps4 is it still f2p?

Would be a mound of shit if you pay 60 bucks and get nothing extra lol. You should get 60 dollars of credit. My buddies say planet side is a very pay to win game.

Yeah, you do not even need PS+ like you do for XBLA "F2P" games.

As for the Pay to Win comments can either A) Pay for a weapon or B) play the game and earn it. Also there will be 64v64 maps coming out soon for PC to focus on tighter combat rather than just the 2000+ player slaughter all the time lol

Sony's first party and exclusives seems much weaker than MS off the bat

Sony
Drive Club
Killzone Shadow Fall
Infamous
Knack
The Order 1886 (GT Interview said this is in very early stages preproduction-alpha)
Planetside 2

Microsoft
Forza 5
Halo (5?)
Killer Instinct
Ryse
Titan Fall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3
Spark

I've left out indie and smaller titles

wwm0nkey

Sony
Drive Club
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
The Order 1886 (GT Interview said this is in very early stages preproduction-alpha)
Planetside 2

Microsoft
Forza 5
Halo (5?)
Killer Instinct
Ryse
Titan Fall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3
Spark

Titan Fall is a 1 year exclusive according to CBOAT.

Tawpgun

Yo imagine a next gen chrome hounds or a game similar in war concept... Except the entire map is open, not just the battlefields. Like you could technically seamlessly roll from one city to another. So it's a real time war but its actually happening. It'd be like an entire continent of an mmo, but its a war.

wwm0nkey

Yo imagine a next gen chrome hounds or a game similar in war concept... Except the entire map is open, not just the battlefields. Like you could technically seamlessly roll from one city to another. So it's a real time war but its actually happening. It'd be like an entire continent of an mmo, but its a war.

So Planetside 2 with ChromeHounds gameplay instead of Battlefield gameplay?

I REALLY hope From get on the nextgen train soon :(

Titan Fall was such an impressive looking game. If it does go multiplatform it will be a shame for MS. After E3 and talking it over I plan to wait half a year to get a PS4. Sometime around July 2014. Nothing I want looks like its going to be out on the platform anytime near launch with the exception of Killzone and I already know the majority of my friends are going Xbox One.

wwm0nkey

Titan Fall was such an impressive looking game. If it does go multiplatform it will be a shame for MS. After E3 and talking it over I plan to wait half a year to get a PS4. Sometime around July 2014. Nothing I want looks like its going to be out on the platform anytime near launch with the exception of Killzone and I already know the majority of my friends are going Xbox One.

Well CBOAT has kind of been spot on right now so I would say he is a pretty good source.

Right now my plans are PC/PS4 as main, WiiU as exclusive box and then I am going to wait and see how the One plays out and get that a year or two later down the line.

Also question for those getting the One at the launch, what are your thoughts on it not supporting any existing headsets and not coming with one out of the box?

Omni

Ryse looks so awesome. Shame it moved from first person though.

oooh. At it's coming at at launch. So that means I'll be getting Forza 5, Ryse and BF4 at launch. Not bad at all.

The Spartan Assault achievements disappoint me. Why do they only add up to 190?? Surely they could have pushed 250 out of the game at least. Or even rounded up to 200...

Madness

Sony
Drive Club
Killzone Shadow Fall
Infamous
Knack
Planetside 2

Microsoft
Forza 5
Halo (5?)
Killer Instinct
Ryse
Titan Fall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3
Spark

In all honesty, only TitanFall, Dead Rising 3 and Forza appeal to me from XbOne right now. Whereas it's really only Infamous for Sony. Maybe Killzone.

And yeah I'm hearing TitanFall is only timed exclusive. It was bound to happen, no way EA would risk such a new franchise by keeping it to one console. It's meant to take over and compete against Black Ops 3, Destiny, Halo type games.

I think a lot of folks shouldn't be surprised if Epic does the same and finally brings Gears to PS4, especially since they made a big showing of their engine running on it. Makes no sense to keep it on Xbox especially since Judgment bombed. You need to appeal to a wider base to even have a chance next gen.

Also question for those getting the One at the launch, what are your thoughts on it not supporting any existing headsets and not coming with one out of the box?

Its an annoyance nothing more really. I mean Kinect might actually be good for this but I doubt it. I think Frankie commented on it slightly before saying its much improved. The £429 price tag is round about what I expected to pay.

With inflation a new 360 would cost £350 at launch in today's market. A new Kinect is £130 £350+£130 is £480

Xbox One (with Kinect 2) + Gold (356 Days) = £470
PS4 + Eye + PS+(356 Days) = £450

Obviously the Eye is not a mandatory purchase but the Xbox has been built with heavy Kinect integration.

The big appeal points for the Xbox One for me so far are

Twitch Integration
Skype (if i can have this in game as a snap window even better)
Exclusives (KI, Halo, Titan Fall, DR3)
Better controller
Dedicated severs (for Halo at least)
Friends

I still plan on getting a PS4 and its got some really good features but when I remove DRM from the equation because none of it effects me Xbox just looks like the better machine.

Power wise its a weaker system and that is a real shame but I think its only going to be massively relevant when talking about 1st party titles. 1080p 60fps seems easily possible on the Xbox One based on what we have seen and heard from developers so Multiplatform titles should have little to no differences

Well, I will go PS4 and only PS4 next gen.

I've managed to convince my friends to also do the same, or rather Microsoft convinced them.

I know Myyke's gonna pick up a XBO when Halo comes out, but I won't.

The real kicker was Bungie's partnership with Sony. That made my decision much easier.

But it's been a very fun ride on the xbox. I enjoyed all of it.

Gui_PT

I've managed to convince my friends to also do the same, or rather Microsoft convinced them.

The real kicker was Bungie's partnership with Sony. That made my decision much easier.

But then who will be the worst player in HaloGAF's Halo 5 parties?

Omni

Bungie's partnership with Sony?

Its an annoyance nothing more really. I mean Kinect might actually be good for this but I doubt it. I think Frankie commented on it slightly before saying its much improved. The £429 price tag is round about what I expected to pay.

With inflation a new 360 would cost £350 at launch in today's market. A new Kinect is £130 £350+£130 is £480

Xbox One (with Kinect 2) + Gold (356 Days) = £470
PS4 + Eye + PS+(356 Days) = £450

Obviously the Eye is not a mandatory purchase but the Xbox has been built with heavy Kinect integration.

The big appeal points for the Xbox One for me so far are

Twitch Integration
Skype (if i can have this in game as a snap window even better)
Exclusives (KI, Halo, Titan Fall, DR3)
Better controller
Dedicated severs (for Halo at least)
Friends

I still plan on getting a PS4 and its got some really good features but when I remove DRM from the equation because none of it effects me Xbox just looks like the better machine.

Power wise its a weaker system and that is a real shame but I think its only going to be massively relevant when talking about 1st party titles. 1080p 60fps seems easily possible on the Xbox One based on what we have seen and heard from developers so Multiplatform titles should have little to no differences

Awesome post agree with all of it for me too.

Madness

Andrew House, group CEO of SCE revealed that Sony finalized a long term exclusivity deal (in relation to content) with Bungie and Activision for Destiny.

I had a feeling. That announcement at Sony's reveal earlier this year. The pictures of the dualshock4, the fact it was revealed at Sony's conference for a 12 minute demo.

Though I don't think it's going to be any major content. Most of the stuff they announced by saying exclusive to Sony was like skins or something.

Also, are you that excited for Destiny? Just curious, I was underwhelmed personally. You don't think Halo 5 with dedicated servers and 60 FPS would draw you back?

Omni

Andrew House, group CEO of SCE revealed that Sony finalized a long term exclusivity deal (in relation to content) with Bungie and Activision for Destiny.
Interesting. I didn't know of this
I hate that "exclusive on console X" shit...
Yeah. If you're buying a third party game, there's absolutely no reason why you should miss out on content because you bought one system over the other. It's bullshit in every other game and it's bullshit with Destiny.

Not enough to sway me over to the PS4, but frustrating nonetheless.

I had a feeling. That announcement at Sony's reveal earlier this year. The pictures of the dualshock4, the fact it was revealed at Sony's conference for a 12 minute demo.

Though I don't think it's going to be any major content. Most of the stuff they announced by saying exclusive to Sony was like skins or something.

Also, are you that excited for Destiny? Just curious, I was underwhelmed personally. You don't think Halo 5 with dedicated servers and 60 FPS would draw you back?

Well, I guess I'm a bigger fan of Bungie, then I am of Halo.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, I guess I'm a bigger fan of Bungie, then I am of Halo.

When Destiny was revealed, i felt like that (despite Reach's disappointment). But with the gameplay reveal... Halo 4 impressed me more.
As far as the consoles go, and games, PS4 looks much better though. And if i get it, i might as well get Destiny, despite my concerns. I mean, Bungie will create a solid game for sure, even if it won't be exceptional or truly impressive (gameplay-wise).

Akai__

Interesting. I didn't know of this

Yeah. If you're buying a third party game, there's absolutely no reason why you should miss out on content because you bought one system over the other. It's bullshit in every other game and it's bullshit with Destiny.

Not enough to sway me over to the PS4, but frustrating nonetheless.

Right. It's not only the case with Destiny, but Watch_Dogs will have 1 hour exclusive DLC for PS4, too. Developers are the worst. I really hate that shit... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom