• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
429 quid for the console and it doesn't even come with a headset.

I would quite honestly be happier just spending like a quarter of the money on a gfx card.

Tawpgun

Apparently TitanFall's only a timed exclusive, and it's already been confirmed on PC.
Damn, that game staying exclusive would do wonders for msoft.

I wonder how big the cod bump is gonna be for msoft, assuming they still have the Dlc deal

Speaking of, what if activision only lets bungie give out very small things as Sony exclusives such as skins, maybe a mediocre gun.... Because they don't want to take away Xbox users from cod

Booshka

Have you guys talked about this?

Xbox One to only work in certain countries at launch:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/p...one/disclaimer

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Russia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom
United States

300,000 new Servers!

Also, is the entire Continent of Asia just not that important for Launch?

S. Korea, Japan and China are some of the most prosperous regions for gaming, MS really should try to tap into that market instead of abandoning it completely.

429 quid for the console and it doesn't even come with a headset.

I would quite honestly be happier just spending like a quarter of the money on a gfx card.

Lets be honest here.

The PS4 headset is not much better than Kinect

945588_10151720403781803_151201669_n.jpg

I missed the BF4 streams from yesterday. Where might I find a stream today?
Here

Stream starts in about 85 minutes (Noon Pacific Time)
Damn, that game staying exclusive would do wonders for msoft.

I wonder how big the cod bump is gonna be for msoft, assuming they still have the Dlc deal

Speaking of, what if activision only lets bungie give out very small things as Sony exclusives such as skins, maybe a mediocre gun.... Because they don't want to take away Xbox users from cod

They do still have the DLC deal for COD, and they have one for Battlefield now as well, but it appears to only be for the second expansion, which is really odd.

Lets be honest here.

UHHHH those things are awful!

BF4 dev interview with IGN in 52 mins

Here

IGN does these awesome day(night for UK) long 10 min dev interviews with gameplay. Its the only time of year they are worth a damn.

300,000 new Servers!

S. Korea, Japan and China are some of the most prosperous regions for gaming, MS really should try to tap into that market instead of abandoning it completely.

The Xbox One won't launch until next fall in Asia.

It'll be DOA, but it would be anyways, MS really tried to get Asia on board with the 360 with new Japanese devs, etc and all of Asia was still just like nope.gif. The console sales of the 360 in Asia are comically low.

BF4 dev interview with IGN in 52 mins

Here

IGN does these awesome day(night for UK) long 10 min dev interviews with gameplay. Its the only time of year they are worth a damn.

Says it's in 15 minutes for me.

Dunno is the schedule is different for you guys in the UK.

IHaveIce

Banned
Lets be honest here.

Ugh, this is the headset that is shipped with the ps4? Well that sucks, hopefully there are GOOD headsets aviable at launch

EDIT: WAIT, did Sony say anything if old headsets will still work? I mean headsets like Turtle Beach, Astros etc? If yes I am saved

Ugh, this is the headset that is shipped with the ps4? Well that sucks, hopefully there are GOOD headsets aviable at launch

EDIT: WAIT, did Sony say anything if old headsets will still work? I mean headsets like Turtle Beach, Astros etc? If yes I am saved

No word either way. Expect not, be happy if they do

Gui_PT

dude I feel bad for you. When I ski/snowboard tech in the winter a bunch of South Americans come up and work for us during their school break. They are fucked because of this. Not all of them but some of them.

I don't really know what this means but thanks!

It's okay Gui, Microsoft has made a product for people like you, The Xbox 360.

Seriously though, this is bullshit, MS is really fucking up right now.

It's all good Gui, you can join the Destiny PS4 squad!

Maybe someone that works for Microsoft could give me one of their new 360's to ease this terrible, horrible feeling of abandonment and deep pain? Like, the one they showed at E3?

Eh?

Haha, no I'm just kidding.

Frankie?

Fuchsdh

300,000 new Servers!

Makes sense to time your releases. Doing a worldwide hardware launch is pretty damn hard.

Booshka

Capcom Vancouver presented Dead Rising 3 behind closed doors, walking us through the demonstration that debuted during the Microsoft press conference while answering questions about the direction that they've taken. The changes that you can see in images were not a fluke. Capcom is pointedly trying to appeal to a wider audience in this latest iteration, saying it's going after the Call of Duty player. Gone is the cartoonish visual design, replaced by a more "realistic" interpretation of a viral apocalypse. That change is part of the maturation. By shifting the art style, the combat can be "more visceral" than in previous versions, with "real gore."

Another notable shift is to the pacing. The urgency that defined Dead Rising has been turned off in the demo we were shown. Time created "extreme pressure" in the original games, and Capcom wants the zombies to be your biggest threat this time around. In Dead Rising 2, you now run around broken-down neighborhoods, killing zombies in horrific ways without real motivation to push forward. Because of the shift in artistic tone and the nonstop combat, this Xbox One launch game now looks like any other open-world game. The team is confident that the ability to create unique weapons will separate Dead Rising 3 from the crowd, but that spark of originality was absent in the demo we were shown.

There are some additions to the expected zombie slaying. The Kinect is used to communicate to zombies (a loud noise is enough to get their attention), and there are motion controls as well. You know how games often force you to wiggle the stick when enemies grab you? Well, in Dead Rising 3, you can shake your arms to get them off. SmartGlass is also implemented. By using your phone or tablet, you can call in an airstrike or locate items on the map. It will be handy to find a sledgehammer whenever you need one, but it clashes with how Dead Rising used to familiarize you with environments. Before, you would play and replay until you learned the layout. Now? Everything is handed to you.

ijustwanttodie@hotmail.com

Xbox One is gonna crash hard. Nice side effect is that Microsoft will prolly be opening more wallets to make more games.

I don't think so. People won't care about this in Half a year, The xbox is going to do well this holiday because its the next xbox. DRM is confusing for laypeople when they hear they have to pay to play PS4 online then they question is what has the better exclusives. Day 1 that looks like Microsoft. Forza is huge brand much bigger than Infamous or Killzone in fact its had more sales than those games combined.

Its not hard to sell the Xbox to people at all. It comes with a kinect, games look pretty, it plays call of duty and fifa.

All the PR talk aside I was really impressed by the video they showed.

So the playstation 4 and Xbox headset situation is dire. I will factor in the cost of buying an external headset as part of the asking price

That list of counties that are supported by MS also sucks - wow

wwm0nkey

So the playstation 4 and Xbox headset situation is dire. I will factor in the cost of buying an external headset as part of the asking price

That list of counties that are supported by MS also sucks - wow

Well PS4 just has a regular headphone jack, looks like you can just plug a 360 mic into there. New Xbox requires new headsets.

I don't see how it's possible to spend more than an hour or 2 making OTs, especially when you get someone else to do the graphics.

I don't understand how someone could spend all day being a pharmacist, especially when someone else makes the drugs and another someone else prescribes them.

Heckfu gave me better advice in a PM than my doctor gave me face to face dude knows his shit. Respect for that.

Just got round to trying out tLoU Demo. Really impressed with it and so is the GF. Straight to the top of my Bday list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom