• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

I don't think so. People won't care about this in Half a year, The xbox is going to do well this holiday because its the next xbox. DRM is confusing for laypeople when they hear they have to pay to play PS4 online then they question is what has the better exclusives. Day 1 that looks like Microsoft. Forza is huge brand much bigger than Infamous or Killzone in fact its had more sales than those games combined.

Its not hard to sell the Xbox to people at all. It comes with a kinect, games look pretty, it plays call of duty and fifa.
It will have decent sales for the first few months, that I'll give you. But PS4 will have the upper hand, because it will be consistantly selling at a steady pace.

I don't see how it's possible to spend more than an hour or 2 making OTs, especially when you get someone else to do the graphics.

Check out the GoT ones, those took a long ass time.

They take longer than you think simply because they are tedious. A shit-ton of linking, uploading photos, all that jazz, and setting them up so it actually looks nice and easy to read (not that anyone reads them) can sometimes be a fickle little bitch (lots of photos had to resized to specific pixels so that they look nice across the page).

^That's the worst structured sentence of all time lol

willow ve

So... the new slim Xbox redesign is the 4GB arcade version and only ships with Kinect. For $299. Can't figure out if MS is really this stupid or they're using this as market justification for pricing the One at $499.

For reference the old Kinect bundle including two games is only $289.

This whole release is so comical.

So... the new slim Xbox redesign is the 4GB arcade version and only ships with Kinect. For $299. Can't figure out if MS is really this stupid or they're using this as market justification for pricing the One at $499.

For reference the old Kinect bundle including two games is only $289.

This whole release is so comical.

Yeah, it seems like they have to be trolling for it to be this bad. How about the Xbox points use it or lose it policy?
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...ccount-management/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Then again:
Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Thermite

crazy if true

3RNJvw6.png

Guess its for the "cloud" part of the system.

Is this upload or download speeds? I don't have 1.5 mbps upload speed...

Is this upload or download speeds? I don't have 1.5 mbps upload speed...

I doubt its upload, not many people in the US have 1.5 up. Most cable companies are 1mb or below. DSL forget it.

WHAT.
IN.
THE.
ACTUAL.
FUCK.

Yeah, its getting hard to stomach. I don't care about the conversion but how are you going to force people to use their points by a certain point. They keep trying to convince of us this new era but they are only using the technology to enforce their draconian policies. You think iTunes tells you to use your balance by a certain point? This is what MS isn't getting.

1.5 MBPS isn't much, right?

Isn't the average in America 3 MBPS?

EDIT: WAIT ALL MY MICROSOFT POINTS THAT I BOUGHT WILL EXPIRE A YEAR AFTER MICROSOFT SO GRACEFULLY FORCES THEM TO BECOME USD? What the hell! So I have a year to impulse buy everything. :|

Screw this man, all the points I had in my account were for me to buy 3 Xbox One games digitally at launch! I'll still do that, but god, I'm disgusted at Microsoft now that they're taking away the money I and others bought, and giving them an expiration date.

So guys, who's buying Destiny and what System?

I want to know, could encourage me to decide which system will be my 'main" Destiny play through.

Head Count!

I'm getting Destiny on Xbox One so far.

Wait, people have more than like 1600 points in their account? You guys have so many that it will take more than a year to use? Damn.
Come now, that's hardly the point. What's the justification behind point expiration?
ESPECIALLY in this climate. They should be trying to earn goodwill, not announcing a bizarre policy that one again does not serve the consumer.

To answer your question I've had $20 sitting in my PSN account for like a year. I got it for Dyad last August but the EU version was delayed for a long time.
I'm getting Destiny on Xbox One so far.
Probably PS4, (assuming Bungie/Acti don't do the right thing and put it out on PC) especially as it's been positioned as a PS4 title more than an Xbox one (co-marketing + dlc).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Come now, that's hardly the point. What's the justification behind point expiration?
ESPECIALLY in this climate. They should be trying to earn goodwill, not announcing a bizarre policy that one again does not serve the consumer.

To answer your question I've had $20 sitting in my PSN account for like a year. I got it for Dyad last August but the EU version was delayed for a long time.

I agree, I was just blown away by the number of points some people have hoarded up. I usually buy some extra in sales, but I use them quickly.

Wait, people have more than like 1600 points in their account? You guys have so many that it will take more than a year to use? Damn.

It's called buying them when they're on sale and (usually) saving money in the long run. Not to mention many people just get a bunch from Bing/Amazon promotions.

Hell, even if they only have like 300 or whatever (because they didn't use the entire amount of the points card because stored currency systems like MSP are fucking stupid), Microsoft should have absolutely no say in when they use that money. It's literally a way for Microsoft to steal from you. No 2 ways about it.

The MS store recently had a deal where you could get 1200 points for $5. Just because frugal customers took advantage of that deal, should they be screwed out of something they *purchased* (I'm aware that promotional points expire already, and am fine with that)?

I agree, I was just blown away by the number of points some people have hoarded up. I usually buy some extra in sales, but I use them quickly.
Believe it or not, many of us don't have a "it's burning a hole in my pocket, so I better spend it" mentality with money.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Buying fake money with real money only to be told that your fake money is going to expire in a year after you agreed to purchase them is weak.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's called buying them when they're on sale and (usually) saving money in the long run. Not to mention many people just get a bunch from Bing/Amazon promotions.

Hell, even if they only have like 300 or whatever (because they didn't use the entire amount of the points card because stored currency systems like MSP are fucking stupid), Microsoft should have absolutely no say in when they use that money. It's literally a way for Microsoft to steal from you. No 2 ways about it.

The MS store recently had a deal where you could get 1200 points for $5. Just because frugal customers took advantage of that deal, should they be screwed out of something they *purchased* (I'm aware that promotional points expire already, and am fine with that)?

Believe it or not, many of us don't have a "it's burning a hole in my pocket, so I better spend it" mentality with money.

Oh I get you, I've just heard of people having 40,000+ points saved up. That's insane.

Buying points if your not planning to use them is stupid. If its gifted points I understand your complaint.

If you have points that you are not spending and then complaining because you can't spend them then you need to give your head a shake

heckfu

Banned
Buying points if your not planning to use them is stupid. If its gifted points I understand your complaint.

If you have points that you are not spending and then complaining because you can't spend them then you need to give your head a shake

I agree with you, I buy the smallest amount of points available whenever I need something. Helps curb the spending if I have to physically add points every time I want something.

wwm0nkey

I should NEVER have a time frame to spend MY money. There is no justification for this.

Buying points if your not planning to use them is stupid.
I am planning on using them. Just not right now. This is the fucked mentality I refered to in my post above.

If its gifted points I understand your complaint.

lolwat? If I'm complaining about losing points I didn't pay for it's ok, but if I paid for them, fuck me?

More terrible nonsense from Stalker's School of Economics.

"OMG I DIDN'T JIZZ ALL MY POINTS AWAY AS SOON AS I GOT THEM! I'M SUCH A DUMBFUCK! WHAT WAS I THINKING?!"

I agree with you, I buy the smallest amount of points available whenever I need something. Helps curb the spending if I have to physically add points every time I want something.

I can understand this reasoning. My issue is with Microsoft becoming my accountant and forcing me to empty my funds.
If people have impulse control issues and this is their way of forcing themselves to think twice, then that's fine. For the rest of us, MS can fuck right off.

Tawpgun

I should NEVER have a time frame to spend MY money. There is no justification for this.
Umm. You spent your money bro. You decided to buy points. And the deadline is all the way past 2014.

Struggling to see the big deal here. Help me out.

Wait some of you spend like 50 bucks and bought points in bulk?

WHY

... you're kidding me.
Not you too fu? :(
Umm. You spent your money bro. You decided to buy points. And the deadline is all the way past 2014.

The fact that it's completely unjustified, that it's data, that it comes at a time when Microsoft are already getting creamed, that it's people's property that Microsoft are expiring.
If my XBL money can expire, then why don't my games bought through XBL expire? Or vice versa?
So because it's awkward for them to integrate both systems, they're basically flicking a switch and deleting monetary value.

It's not the biggest thing, it's just ridiculous.

"We’ll identify those players with a lower reputation score and in the worse cases they will earn the ‘avoid me’ reputation. Looking at someone’s gamer card you’ll be able to quickly see their reputation.”

... guys I'm boned. My Player Feedback took a major down hill turn for the worst during Reach, when I would spawn kill players in Big Team with my friends. My rep went from like 70% preferred and 30% avoided to like 25% preferred and 75% avoided. Might be worse now. I don't know.

This is stupid, first thing I'm legitimately protesting on the Xbox One. I don't want to be branded as "avoid me" because I angered some kids by beating them hard. :|

Who else is going to be in the "avoid me" club, I'm assuming everyone here? :p

wwm0nkey

while I am sure I will spend them its the fact that there is NO reason as to why there needs to be a timer on these points....its pointless (heh)

Madness

I keep my ms points close to 800 or less. If some great deal happens I just run to the store to get a points card, I'll never give MS my billing address.

On a side note, so Kyle really did get Perma-banned?

And Gui, I don't know Brazil is getting the Xbox One with full Portuguese language support and Spain is getting it too. Don't know why they'd avoid Portugal. So it's definitely not language/geographic concerns.

In moderation, having a small bank of points is perfectly normal.

I am having a hard time figuring out why they wouldn't let you use it after a certain point, though. Seems unreasonable.
I don't understand why they don't do a simple conversion.

It the depreciation of points is their concern in doing that - TAKE THE HIT.
Win some goodwill.

No it's not.

Wait some of you spend like 50 bucks and bought points in bulk?

WHY

Because I use them often and if they're on sale and I know I'll spend it eventually, why not?

If people don't have expendable income, then I am in no way endorsing this practice, but if you budget and notice the expense occurs/occured, then what's wrong?

Madness

Probably because MS cares about every little bit of money. How many points will expire or go unclaimed and Microsoft will remove them. This means they essentially got money without providing any service.

Now think about how many of the 42+ million Gold subscribers and millions others might lose anywhere from 20 ms points to hundreds.

I'm not condoning this btw. Its a shitty tactic. I just can't see why some people would have so many points just sitting doing nothing for such a long time. Buy them when you need them.

Bro I'm not the guy who has so many he points he throws a tantrum when MS tell him they are taking them away.

It's not the amount. I've no doubt spent less than most here on MSP in the last 7.5 years.

The issue is that, until this moment, Microsoft Points policy was "they never expire." The only exception to that was promotional points. Any points purchased we were told would never expire.

Now we're being told that for precisely no reason other than greed, Microsoft is going to take to the bank anything in your account a little over a year from now. It's plain wrong, and that's why I'm "throwing a tantrum."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom