• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The console war is relevant to me because whatever console I get dictates who I get to play with.

So far the only person getting a PS4 I would still like to play with is Sai. I plan on getting both but the Xbox First I want in his Destiny clique when the time comes for massive funsies.

Oh and Over

heckfu

Banned
So far the only person getting a PS4 I would still like to play with is Sai. I plan on getting both but the Xbox First I want in his Destiny clique when the time comes for massive funsies.

Oh and Over

HGS is split about 70/30 right now in favor of the xbox but people like Sai make me really wanna lean PS4 for Destiny. He was my original Halo bro and the reason I joined gaf!

TCKaos

So being present in an extraction zone during the actual extraction damages the player, as the extraction process ends with a small shockwave. I'm pretty sure that reducing the damage resistance and damage output of each player would result in the nearby players dying from the explosion while dealing the same damage to each other.

I guess you could make some kind of Speed Assault gametype using it...

Microsoft:

z2ukD.png

Duji

Oh I'm so sorry about that
Why's that?

I recommend reading this post from a thread last month.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=59545309
Interesting post but I still want to see more details from MS on how the used games thing will work. Maybe it won't be as bad as people think.

Also,

Are you not a consumer?
I am a consumer but is it bad to try to look at things from a different perspective? I want the developers I support to be financially successful. If these new policies do not help the developers out financially by a good margin and lead to better games then I am not for them. Simple as that.

Honestly this HGS stuff is confusing more than anything. I used to think it was some kind of "Elite club" HaloGAF seniors or something Old guard members in some off shoot forum or sub thread on another site.

I expect if it is this its mostly just shit talking HaloGAF posters like myself

Then I stopped giving a shit, I realized I'd never be apart of it and It just seemed nerdy and a bit sad, certain posters would come and post HGS without any justification. In jokes are cool between people in that club, to those outside its just weird and kind of awkward. It all just felt like dick waving, "check out how cool we are"

I'm losing interest in this community more each day, Between HGS, Salt, SLRP, Halo 4, The console wars and the influx of new members the community is a messy bitch fest. Splitting the thread as helped to some degree.

A big blow has been so many of the older posters leaving, Wu, Duncan, Dax, Ghaleon etc.

I genuinely really like some of the members here (I hope they know who they are) despite how they may feel about me but trying to have any form of reasonable discussion ends up with replies that seem overly aggressive.

Whatever, too much meta and feels I guess.

Ghazi

Honestly this HGS stuff is confusing more than anything. I used to think it was some kind of "Elite club" HaloGAF seniors or something Old guard members in some off shoot forum or sub thread on another site.
GameFAQs
I'm losing interest in this community more each day, Between HGS, Salt, SLRP, Halo 4, The console wars and the influx of new members the community is a messy bitch fest. Splitting the thread as helped to some degree.
i90cHS67ECa9n.gif

I'ma blow this whole thing open, gunna be the greatest documentary ever made.
Look no further.
Well, the thread was killed when it split, but prior to that, yea, it was pretty dumb.
RIP HALOGAF
Oh, nevermind we haven't been made.

h488C7F66

Ramirez

Then I stopped giving a shit, I realized I'd never be apart of it and It just seemed nerdy and a bit sad, certain posters would come and post HGS without any justification. In jokes are cool between people in that club, to those outside its just weird and kind of awkward. It all just felt like dick waving, "check out how cool we are"

A big blow has been so many of the older posters leaving, Wu, Duncan, Dax, Ghaleon etc.

I genuinely really like some of the members here (I hope they know who they are) despite how they may feel about me but trying to have any form of reasonable discussion ends up with replies that seem overly aggressive.

Yea, the end of picture stories, songs, & needler strats were the death of the community, I agree.

Thermite

lol, ur just butthurt ur not in hgs #realtalk

Nutter

I could say the same for the hundreds of members that joined after the Halo 3 launch.

Also there were people here [me, Trasher, Rameriz] before Ghal, Duncan, Wu, and little Dax joined.

#HGS
#Superior

lol, ur just butthurt ur not in hgs #realtalk

You're right, Super butthurt, I wish i could play with the cool kids.

I could say the same for the hundreds of members that joined after the Halo 3 launch.

You have every right to say that, It's most likely true, My point was that it's becoming a less fun community for me to be part of. It is what it is. I joined NeoGAF without knowing what HaloGAF was despite being a big fan of the series. I seen this thread said hello, made a dick of myself, people shit on me for my grammar and spelling and then i just fell into the rank and file of the new members. But I enjoyed what people posted and I liked coming back to the thread. Now I can't say that like I'm sure older members can't say it about the period I joined.

I'm not trying to act as if I'm above being part of the problem or like I know the history of this community. Just saying each day its becomes less relevant to me. Outgrowing it makes me sound like I'm saying I'm somehow better than people here which I have no illusions to being but I can't come up with a better term.

Its been great posting here, I've enjoyed the people I met from it and the "friends" I've made and I'll continue to do so but the topic to topic conversation now just appeals less to me.

I mean all this post and the previous post are shit no one cares about, I don't really have a good reason for posting it I just kind of wanted to.

Ramirez

This thread doesn't even have a purpose, it's for a community that hates the game it represents, and most of the members hate each other too.

220px-OYVHS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom