• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

L2 makes me sad. Still hyped, want to see what the new combat cadence is.

Not to read too much into it, but I wonder if Bungie is showing the PS4 version because it happens to be the best looking version. Could just be Activision marketing, etc, but I had the thought they're putting their best foot forward, so to speak.

Have they shown the Xbox One version?

ADS :|

it kind of looked like you could shoot normally without doing so though. Maybe its just a slight zoom instead of something you have to do.

Couldn't tell, but does it make your character slow down when you ADS? I hate that so much.

Booshka

I got a small impression that ADS wasn't entirely necessary for all the weapons. The reticule wasn't half the size of the screen when they were just running around, and there was still some accuracy when firing "from the hip." I wish they would just add Click RS to zoom so you could replicate the effect of ADS with zooming without the bullshit that comes along with it.

Really bums me out that ADS infected Bungie when they were the pioneers of console aiming in FPS. ADS just seems like a cop out for the most part.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Destiny control layout

CskZLKI.jpg
I'm gonna be all over that D.
pad

I have a small 3-4 inch USB adapter that bypasses the PS3's handshake which allowed me to use a 360 controller. I'm hoping it works with the PS4.

Duji

Perhaps you should pay attention. It says here twice that "sign in issues have been resolved" during this downtime, effectively resetting the 24 hr limitation. Also consider MS has a shit ton more servers now. I'm pretty sure they will be super prepared to avoid a 24 hour connection drop out. They would be fucking themselves so hard if they weren't.

The chances of it happening seem way too low to care about. It really shouldn't change anyone's decision on what console to get.

I've never heard of Pendulum or Escape the Fate.

Wanna hear every single Pendulum song in under three minutes?

GhaleonEB

it kind of looked like you could shoot normally without doing so though. Maybe its just a slight zoom instead of something you have to do.

Couldn't tell, but does it make your character slow down when you ADS? I hate that so much.

Yeah, that's what I hate about ADS as well. Really interrupts combat flow via slowed movement and cluttering up the screen with the gun model. Really hope a smartlinked scope ala Halo is an upgrade, at the least.

Yeah, that's what I hate about ADS as well. Really interrupts combat flow via slowed movement and cluttering up the screen with the gun model. Really hope a smartlinked scope ala Halo is an upgrade, at the least.

I'm thinking Destiny will offer some weapons/attachments with Halo style aiming and others with ADS. Now that I think about it I might have read an interview or quote on just that point...I'll see if I can dig it up.

wwm0nkey

Kind of random, but does anyone have a list of all of Battlefield 4's changes from BF3?

1080p, 60 FPS, 64 players confirmed for XB1 and PS4
5 players per squad
4 classes (Assault, Engineer, Support, Recon)
In-game VOIP confirmed
"Levolution"
Every map will have changes that can alter the makeup of the map/level.
Also refers to the verticality they want to add to maps.
So far, not scripted--can take out supports to bring down skyscraper
Commander mode
One player on each side that does not occupy a player slot (64 players + 2 commanders)
Can be played from console, PC, or remotely with a tablet
Scan and EMP UAVs can be deployed; vehicle scans, tomahawk missiles, infantry scans, and gunships can be deployed based on whether or not certain bases are capture
Supply and vehicle drops
Set attack orders for individual squads
Vehicles
Enhanced vehicle disabling: Vehicles are disabled based on the parts that are hit; however, tires can't be shot out (it's not that granular)
Limited MBT ammo
Other/mechanics
Squad assists can count as kills if you contibuted the most to the kill (maybe >90%?)
Reduced suppression: Support now contributes the most to suppression and it has a greater effect at long range
ADS near cover allows a "peak" cover system. Not sure if you can lean left/right, but seems you can pop up above cover
"Click to spawn" deployment options
Interface is muuuch less click-heavy vs BF3
Movement system has been tweaked for momentum; it takes a moment to get to full sprint speed
Directional callouts--the default "enemy spotted" voice seems to indicate directions/location relative to your position
Swimming
Can dive to avoid gunfire
Can shoot pistols under/above water while swimming
Can sprint swim
Spectator mode
Confirmed for PC, "we'll see" for console
Views: Table Top, First Person, Third Person, Free Cam
Can "set" up to four free cams around the map to quickly jump to certain location
UI can be turned off
Can click on player from table top view and get PiP view of their screen
Class info
Assault has standard medpack, and a "small" medpack, which you can toss onto someone. It regenerates their health, regardless of their proximity to you. If you toss onto ground, can still be used to regenerate health; defibs need to be charged before you can pick someone up
Recon has C4 and motion sensor ball, as well as a range finder and ability to use different zoom levels in one scope
Improved environments
Metal detectors can expose you, storefront gates can be shut to cut people off, fire extinguishers create smoke screens, bollards can prevent vehicle access
Water reacts dynamically to vehicles and events (skyscraper falling)
Weapons/equipment
Flashbangs
Incendiary grenades
Pistols can be customized
Tons of attachments/customizations (green hipfire laser sights, different foregrips, barrel types, bipods, silencer/flashlight combo)
Over 1200 items
Canted/dual sights

Mully

A lot of the weapons in the Destiny demo looked very similar to the Halo 4 Battle Rifle and SAW rifle.

What's up with that?

PNut

Banned

Oh yeah it's gunna be ADS all the way. Every weapon I saw was more accurate that way and it slowed you down too.

Aiming, throwing grenades, using AA's (oh my), jumping, and strafing while trying to shoot the bad guy at the same time is too hard you know.

This is even crazier because of all the people teleporting and shit on the screen.

Sorry Halo 5, 60 FPS won't cut it anymore. At least 120 FPS is required for me to care.

Classic mate.

Worth noting with 60 to 120 fps they can do some tricks to fool your eyes but overall you're not going to perceive any extra data or reactions to higher frame rates. There is very little need to go over a perceivable ceiling of 90-100 fps which very few human eyes/brains can even detect. 60 fps FTW, also considering the computational power required for higher.

This is even crazier because of all the people teleporting and shit on the screen.

Sorry Halo 5, 60 FPS won't cut it anymore. At least 120 FPS is required for me to care.
Do you even have a 120Hz monitor? Screen tearing is nasty, I refuse to play without Vsync if I have the option.

I watched the Titanfall 1080 60fps video, looks like a current gen PC port. It looks pretty fun though.

Madness

Just got back from seeing This is the End... Holy shit my cheek muscles still hurt from laughing so hard. If you guys enjoyed any of their movies, you'd love this. Great comedy, and cameos as well.

I really hate how one of gaming side's sponse to "XBOX ONE IS LIKE STEAM." Is "MICROSOFT DOESN'T HAVE CHEAP SALES."

Has everyone forgot the amazing sales MS had last year for their Summer, Thanksgiving, and Christmas sale? Plus the various good sales each week.

I really do have faith that Microsoft got it together when it comes to sale. I can see them having good weekly sales each week on Xbox One, like they do now.

Nebula

I really hate how one of gaming side's sponse to "XBOX ONE IS LIKE STEAM." Is "MICROSOFT DOESN'T HAVE CHEAP SALES."

Has everyone forgot the amazing sales MS had last year for their Summer, Thanksgiving, and Christmas sale? Plus the various good sales each week.

I really do have faith that Microsoft got it together when it comes to sale. I can see them having good weekly sales each week on Xbox One, like they do now.

Not denying that they can do great sales myself, but the issue, for me at least, is that there are games sitting in the On Demand section that come in at £60, then only drop after a few years to a price in the £20-£40 range and then, about 4 years later it finally hits £15 and sits there until a sale comes along. The prices aren't at all competitive and are pretty hefty given that the same games can be picked up on physical disc for £40-£45 and decrease from there to about £5-£10 in about 2 years depending on the popularity of the game.

willow ve

Speedy - unless their digital sales match or beat physical sales from Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc. then they don't have "amazing sales" or even "good sales." A digital only product should be able to compete on price with a store that has to store, shelve, and ship a physical item to your door.

IHaveIce

Banned
I have no problem with ADS in Destiny or ADS in general, as long as they keep it out of Halo I'm fine.

Destiny looks amazing. Titanfall looks amazing. Battlefield 4 looks amazing.

The Crew, The Division, Watch Dogs, Mirror's Edge(2), Sunset Overdrive, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Below, Killer Instinct and Dark Souls 2 also are reeeeally interesting.

Man this was a good E3

Omni

I have a philosophy exam tomorrow. I don't even know why I picked up the subject as an elective. Not sure if I should study or play some Halo.

Oh the perils of being at uni.

Madness

Many of us would be banned then.

Man seeing the E3 voting thread it seems like a lot of people loved the Division, I mean I also thought it was interesting, but the best game of the show?

Graphics matter when you reveal a game for the first time. I won't lie and say it, but I was REALLY impressed with what I saw. Just look at that reveal. Nice Christmas type scene in New York, the visual fidelity in the game was great. Plus at the end, it seemed to be like Destiny where other players could approach where you are etc.

I have no problem with ADS in Destiny or ADS in general, as long as they keep it out of Halo I'm fine.

Destiny looks amazing. Titanfall looks amazing. Battlefield 4 looks amazing.

The Crew, The Division, Watch Dogs, Mirror's Edge(2), Sunset Overdrive, Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, Below, Killer Instinct and Dark Souls 2 also are reeeeally interesting.

Man this was a good E3

It was a great E3.

L2 makes me sad. Still hyped, want to see what the new combat cadence is.

Not to read too much into it, but I wonder if Bungie is showing the PS4 version because it happens to be the best looking version. Could just be Activision marketing, etc, but I had the thought they're putting their best foot forward, so to speak.

Have they shown the Xbox One version?
No, they haven't.
But the comarketing dollars means it's likely it's the version they focused on making look the best.

Game is still a year off I'd say, so we'll see how much they put into each version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom