• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

This thread doesn't even have a purpose, it's for a community that hates the game it represents, and most of the members hate each other too.

220px-OYVHS.jpg

No! I love you and heckfu and Sai and StalkerUKCG and Steelyuhas and xxjuicesxx and kylej and Madness and myself and DeadNames and Gui and monkey and Tawpgun and rosso and fracas and Booshka and Cyclone and Speedy and Plywood and Wahrer and Nockz and OddOne and zeouterlimits and 36 Chambers and Orochinagis and Max (aka slutty) and IHaveIce and willow ve and TCKaos and tashi and Demoncarnotaur and Bregmann Roche and Tashi and Ken and Franklinator and Woorlog and GreenCastle and Barrow and Foxtrot and Over and etc.

Come to think of it there's not a single person I hate here.

heckfu

Banned
No! I love you and heckfu and Sai and StalkerUKCG and Steelyuhas and xxjuicesxx and kylej and Madness and myself and DeadNames and Gui and monkey and Tawpgun and rosso and fracas and Booshka and Cyclone and Speedy and Plywood and Wahrer and Nockz and OddOne and zeouterlimits and 36 Chambers and Orochinagis and Max (aka slutty) and IHaveIce and willow ve and TCKaos and tashi and Demoncarnotaur and Bregmann Roche and Tashi and Ken and Franklinator and Woorlog and GreenCastle and Barrow and Foxtrot and Over and etc.

Come to think of it there's not a single person I hate here.

whatever, i'm fond of everyone, too.

No one really hates Tool, they just hate the douchebag Tool fans that act like they are their own religion. Hate by proxy.

Next you're gonna tell me you don't hate Pendulum, you just hate what they stand for.

shut up and hit me already, we need to make this look authentic

heckfu

Banned
No one really hates Tool, they just hate the douchebag Tool fans that act like they are their own religion. Hate by proxy.

I've seen Maynard twice in concert (Tool in 2009, APC in 2011) and fell asleep both times (figuratively, not literally).

Booshka

I've seen Maynard twice in concert (Tool in 2009, APC in 2011) and fell asleep both times (figuratively, not literally).

He stopped being a tryhard at most concerts because he is getting older. Every so often he will perform really well, but most of the time he doesn't do the tougher songs or hit the higher notes. I like the rest of the band so much that I don't mind so much, and the albums are still great, just wish Maynard cared more about trying his ass off to sing really well at concerts now.

Oh, and they need to play more of their older stuff, Opiate, Undertow, and Aenema are criminally underplayed at concerts.

I've never heard of Pendulum or Escape the Fate.

DeadNames

Banned
He stopped being a tryhard at most concerts because he is getting older. Every so often he will perform really well, but most of the time he doesn't do the tougher songs or hit the higher notes. I like the rest of the band so much that I don't mind so much, and the albums are still great, just wish Maynard cared more about trying his ass off to sing really well at concerts now.

Oh, and they need to play more of their older stuff, Opiate, Undertow, and Aenema are criminally underplayed at concerts.

I've never heard of Pendulum or Escape the Fate.

I thought this said enema at first, and I was really really confused.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
No one is doubting that their service will go down eventually. But when you think about it, this is only a problem if they are completely unable to get it back up within 24 hours of going down. Both 360 and X1 users will be affected in the exact same way if the servers were to go down every 5 minutes like what happened with D3 -- they will be able to play offline but not online. Have the XBL servers ever been unanticipatedly offline (on MS's end) for at least 24 hours straight in the past few years? If the service does get hacked like the PSN and MS is unable to do anything to let us play offline during that time, then they will probably give us something in return like a free game or free XBL for some allotted time.

This is a valid concern. We need MS to make sure our shit doesn't get hacked.

Thanks. It feels like everyone is super mad right now.

Yes. Pay attention. It was like 2 months ago, in the middle of all the adam orth shit, like XBL came alive itself and was trying to warn us.

This thread doesn't even have a purpose, it's for a community that hates the game it represents, and most of the members hate each other too.

220px-OYVHS.jpg

I love Halo, I already preordered Halo: Destiny.

Anyone else feel the hate on X1 is just a little too much? Okay, the used games thing I can understand from a consumer perspective, but even then you gotta think about the people who make games and the fact that they don't even get a penny from used games (refer to Heckfu's post from awhile back). The complaining regarding the "connect once every 24 hrs" policy just crosses the line if you ask me.

"What about the people with fuzzy internet connections?!" The X1 just needs to do a simple handshake with the Xbox servers once every 24 hours. If your internet is unable to do this on a consistent basis then you literally have the worst ISP of all time and should probably ask yourself why you're giving them money every month in the first place. Dial-up would probably work, too.

"What about the people who don't have internet?" The few people who are complaining and ACTUALLY don't have internet at all reminds me of the people who complained about not being able to see subtitles in Mass Effect 3 when they played the game on their tube TVs. Really? Get with the times, people. I suppose I do feel kind of sorry for people who don't even have access to internet, but they honestly shouldn't be surprised that the list of things requiring internet grows every year.

The MS points thing is bullshit, btw.
This is how I've felt since Day One, to be completely honest. I feel like most people really just need to take a stance, and if you really don't like the Xbox One, just don't buy it, buy a PS4, and stop hating on it to no end.

I recommend reading this post from a thread last month.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=59545309

Also,

Are you not a consumer?

See, I didn't like this post. It had no real arguement and no real facts to back himself up. It was just him getting emotional over his beliefs on the Xbox One. Most people LIKED his post because they agreed with his emotion. Saying "Fuck it" isn't a real argument. He compared the gaming industry to industries that it doesn't even have an similarities too, like the movie industry.

He blamed Developers for spending money on AAA games, but those are the games that people want, and people buy. If everyone bought said game new and supported the developers, they'd be profiting. Games like Red Dead Redemption sold more used copies than new copies, and game didn't mind Rockstar as much money as it should have. That is an issue.

Either way, didn't argue that post then, won't now.

yay one dedis for mexico.

You know, I didn't really consider the implications of dedis for a lot of these countries. As a Canadian with relatively average internet in my city, I've never really had issues with MP on Xbox, but I've heard the horror stories from people in the UK, or Australia (especially Aus, if I'm remembering correctly). I wonder how much an impact it will have on the service.

Sai-kun

Banned
So far the only person getting a PS4 I would still like to play with is Sai.

people like Sai make me really wanna lean PS4 for Destiny. He was my original Halo bro and the reason I joined gaf!

xo <3

#HeckfuisGayforSai

where is the lie? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Yes, also because Sai is HGS's overlord.

daaaaaaaamn
no lies detected ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Yea, the end of picture stories, songs, & needler strats were the death of the community, I agree.

[Rains of Castamere playing in the distance]

Also, I got an email from Bungie saying

"Sai, here's your chance to see Destiny..."

and my heart stopped for a couple seconds. Was just a link to E3 gameplay :(

You know, I didn't really consider the implications of dedis for a lot of these countries. As a Canadian with relatively average internet in my city, I've never really had issues with MP on Xbox, but I've heard the horror stories from people in the UK, or Australia (especially Aus, if I'm remembering correctly). I wonder how much an impact it will have on the service.

For mexico its like you can finally play COD since Black Ops 1, it is really unfair for people outside USA playing games paired against USA people and they get mad if the game chooses a foreign host, a nightmare for both sides.

Massive. Gamers are underestimating what the Xbox One XBL service is going to be like with all the regional server horsepower to call on. It's why I keep asking about what the PS+ is doing in this space. To me it is priority #1 and MS has delivered and then some, Sony your move...

So guys I got rid of Halo 4 when 343 showed the Halo 5 teaser at E3, so I never have to play that terrible game again and remind myself that 343 messed up. It was in order to help myself be excited for Halo 5.

... I wanna play Halo 4 again. I'm bored now. :(

Booshka

So guys I got rid of Halo 4 when 343 showed the Halo 5 teaser at E3, so I never have to play that terrible game again and remind myself that 343 messed up. It was in order to help myself be excited for Halo 5.

You're ridiculous, just be glad you were able to sell that shitty Halo game, because you may not be so lucky with the next one.

Omni

Go back to Reach. Surprisingly fun in small doses. I've been playing CEA lately with the anniversary multiplayer. Population is very small, but you can still get games.

HGS is split about 70/30 right now in favor of the xbox but people like Sai make me really wanna lean PS4 for Destiny. He was my original Halo bro and the reason I joined gaf!
What about me and Plywood and Tunavi? :(

And has biggy said which console he's getting it for yet?

GhaleonEB

Destiny control layout

CskZLKI.jpg

L2 makes me sad. Still hyped, want to see what the new combat cadence is.

Not to read too much into it, but I wonder if Bungie is showing the PS4 version because it happens to be the best looking version. Could just be Activision marketing, etc, but I had the thought they're putting their best foot forward, so to speak.

Have they shown the Xbox One version?

L2 makes me sad. Still hyped, want to see what the new combat cadence is.

Not to read too much into it, but I wonder if Bungie is showing the PS4 version because it happens to be the best looking version. Could just be Activision marketing, etc, but I had the thought they're putting their best foot forward, so to speak.

Have they shown the Xbox One version?
Typically there is just one version of a game at a show like this, and with a game as big as a Bungie one, it's for promotional reasons. Sony and Activision wanted to make a clear and loud statement that you can get Bungie on Sony consoles now.
Well for those who prefer 360, we can only hope we get a less ugly version of this.
I never trust third-party controllers.

The sticks not being offset is a dagger for me on the PS4 controller, non-offset sticks are truly awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom