• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.
titan3.gif
This game looks so good.

Fuchsdh

Graphics matter when you reveal a game for the first time. I won't lie and say it, but I was REALLY impressed with what I saw. Just look at that reveal. Nice Christmas type scene in New York, the visual fidelity in the game was great. Plus at the end, it seemed to be like Destiny where other players could approach where you are etc.

I think paradoxically as the quantum leaps of previous generations have diminished, having excellent graphics means more because it's harder to stand out in the crowd. Looking at all the games I've seen thus far most suffer from the "slightly prettier versions of games currently out", even more so then the stuff we saw before the 360's launch, IMO. Few games actually scream "this *has* to be on next gen", so ones that do get bigger props.

I think paradoxically as the quantum leaps of previous generations have diminished, having excellent graphics means more because it's harder to stand out in the crowd. Looking at all the games I've seen thus far most suffer from the "slightly prettier versions of games currently out", even more so then the stuff we saw before the 360's launch, IMO. Few games actually scream "this *has* to be on next gen", so ones that do get bigger props.

Perhaps the leaps are more pronounced in other areas e.g. AI, physics, scale, loading.

Tawpgun

Next gen console games are looking like current gen pc games. The issue now isn't how powerful the graphics can be, but the talent of the artists on the team to bring them to life. It's difficult and tedious to make stuff so lifelike now.

So we have the graphical fidelity of pc's now. Next gen is about making bigger areas prettier and more importantly, about the small details like realistic looking physics, effects.

As well as everything being connected. Seemed like most of the games were about bringing multiplayer aspects into the single player experience.

Woorloog

Banned
Perhaps the leaps are more pronounced in other areas e.g. AI, physics, scale, loading.

And subtle things. Slightly better textures, more details, better reflections (will we finally see real-time reflections in the Master Chief's visor, like in Halo 3 announcement trailer?), stuff like that.

I don't expect better AI though, the problem for that isn't really the resources, hardware, but rather that no one bothers making a good AI, when some smoke-and-mirrors-tricks are enough to create convincing AI for the one or two playthroughs most people play a game.

Overdoziz

Banned
Honestly this HGS stuff is confusing more than anything. I used to think it was some kind of "Elite club" HaloGAF seniors or something Old guard members in some off shoot forum or sub thread on another site.

I expect if it is this its mostly just shit talking HaloGAF posters like myself

Then I stopped giving a shit, I realized I'd never be apart of it and It just seemed nerdy and a bit sad, certain posters would come and post HGS without any justification. In jokes are cool between people in that club, to those outside its just weird and kind of awkward. It all just felt like dick waving, "check out how cool we are"

I'm losing interest in this community more each day, Between HGS, Salt, SLRP, Halo 4, The console wars and the influx of new members the community is a messy bitch fest. Splitting the thread as helped to some degree.

A big blow has been so many of the older posters leaving, Wu, Duncan, Dax, Ghaleon etc.

I genuinely really like some of the members here (I hope they know who they are) despite how they may feel about me but trying to have any form of reasonable discussion ends up with replies that seem overly aggressive.

Whatever, too much meta and feels I guess.
lol

Honestly this HGS stuff is confusing more than anything. I used to think it was some kind of "Elite club" HaloGAF seniors or something Old guard members in some off shoot forum or sub thread on another site.

I expect if it is this its mostly just shit talking HaloGAF posters like myself

Then I stopped giving a shit, I realized I'd never be apart of it and It just seemed nerdy and a bit sad, certain posters would come and post HGS without any justification. In jokes are cool between people in that club, to those outside its just weird and kind of awkward. It all just felt like dick waving, "check out how cool we are"

I'm losing interest in this community more each day, Between HGS, Salt, SLRP, Halo 4, The console wars and the influx of new members the community is a messy bitch fest. Splitting the thread as helped to some degree.

A big blow has been so many of the older posters leaving, Wu, Duncan, Dax, Ghaleon etc.

I genuinely really like some of the members here (I hope they know who they are) despite how they may feel about me but trying to have any form of reasonable discussion ends up with replies that seem overly aggressive.

Whatever, too much meta and feels I guess.

HGS is probably just something a small group of guys who play with each other say, its nothing bigger than that. I think the biggest blow to this community was Halo dropping in quality - you cant really blame anything other than that.

Anyway as far as im concerned nothing really excites me for either the PS4 or XBONE, the exclusives for both consoles right now look bad. I imagine that it will be games that are multiplatform which end up selling consoles until either company pulls out its first big exclusive sometime in late 2014. I personally wont be looking to buy a next gen console until late 2014/ early 2015 so couldn't care less right now. With a few exceptions (The Division/ Mirrors Edge 2), E3 was pretty dull.

Actually right now I am most excited by the fact I will get 2 free games a month for my 360, AC2 and Halo 3 mean little to me as I own them, but as long as they put out games that are worthwhile this could be pretty cool.

HGS reminds me of growing up in elementary school where a certain group of friends would come up with a "secret" just to get everyone else riled up because they're not "in" on the secret.

Then years later when everyone matured, the secret was revealed and it ended up being something totally lame.

That's just an assumption though.

I wish Microsoft, EA or Respawn would release a complete match of Titanfall. Game looks incredible though. Gonna jump on Xbox One when it comes out.

Ghazi

Titan Fall looks great. Still can't afford the One at launch, but that game is tempting.

I wish Microsoft, EA or Respawn would release a complete match of Titanfall. Game looks incredible though. Gonna jump on Xbox One when it comes out.

You guys do realise that it's coming out for the 360 too, right? And they said a PS4 version isn't out of the question which makes me guess that this is a timed exclusive.

Bugs.jpg

It's Brink, but people will actually play it! I'm pumped.

Bb..but, I actually played Brink.

lV0h3JQ.png

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You guys do realise that it's coming out for the 360 too, right? And they said a PS4 version isn't out of the question which makes me guess that this is a timed exclusive.
]

360 version is being done by another studio. They noted a PS4 version was possible, but they haven't done any kind of work on one. So if it happened it'd be a year at least.

It's Brink, but people will actually play it! I'm pumped.

One of my best PAX memories is from Brink. In 2010 a friend and I waited in the long ass line to play and we got up and just started demolishing the other team. The people running the demo came over to us and told us we need to go easier on them or the game would be over in 2 minutes.

Ramirez

Oh, I played Brink too Ghazi. Tried to push it on HG for the longest, but no one would bite. The net code was pretty shit though.

Doesn't TF utilize NPC characters on top of full room player counts? I don't see the 360 being able to handle all of that at a decent framerate.

I was just glad to find out my Amazon PS4 preorder was a launch edition, can't wait for these to come out.

Obscured

Titanfall looks amazing, but the screen clutter is a bit much. One thing I'd love to see for this next-gen is more options for games. I know it was brought up a lot when Halo 4 dropped, but in general we should have more discrete HUD options in general across all games. One thing I'm having a hard time telling from a lot of these games is how they will feel to play. They look nice and I'm definitely seeing some nice touches and even though there is a lot of talk about huge worlds where other groups can come across you (the Division) with cross device play I'm wondering if it will live up to the potential. Also can't wait to see what some of this stuff starts to look like 2 years or so in.

So are more people planning on getting Destiny on PS4 then? I'm still undecided at this point. Now that digital versions of games will be available day one I'm done with pre-orders.

wwm0nkey

Titanfall looks amazing, but the screen clutter is a bit much. One thing I'd love to see for this next-gen is more options for games. I know it was brought up a lot when Halo 4 dropped, but in general we should have more discrete HUD options in general across all games. One thing I'm having a hard time telling from a lot of these games is how they will feel to play. They look nice and I'm definitely seeing some nice touches and even though there is a lot of talk about huge worlds where other groups can come across you (the Division) with cross device play I'm wondering if it will live up to the potential. Also can't wait to see what some of this stuff starts to look like 2 years or so in.

So are more people planning on getting Destiny on PS4 then? I'm still undecided at this point. Now that digital versions of games will be available day one I'm done with pre-orders.

Seems like some people are? I know me and like 3 other people from hear are like Sai.

Also I really wonder how much MS paid for the Titan Fall timed exclusive, game really does look crazy good.

Ghazi

Oh, I played Brink too Ghazi. Tried to push it on HG for the longest, but no one would bite. The net code was pretty shit though.

Doesn't TF utilize NPC characters on top of full room player counts? I don't see the 360 being able to handle all of that at a decent framerate.

I was just glad to find out my Amazon PS4 preorder was a launch edition, can't wait for these to come out.

I enjoyed it for what it was, I regretted paying $60 at launch for it though and all my friends who got it returned it because they didn't like it. I still have it though since I don't resell my games and I plan on revisiting it sometime during this summer. Yeah, right on about the netcode sucking, it's a shame too because I really like the way the multiplayer worked even if it was the campaign sans bots if you had a full lobby.

neoism

L2 makes me sad. Still hyped, want to see what the new combat cadence is.

Not to read too much into it, but I wonder if Bungie is showing the PS4 version because it happens to be the best looking version. Could just be Activision marketing, etc, but I had the thought they're putting their best foot forward, so to speak.

Have they shown the Xbox One version?
I doubt it I still would like to see the PS3 version. Would like to see how shit it looks compared to the next gen versions.

Seems like some people are? I know me and like 3 other people from hear are like Sai.

Also I really wonder how much MS paid for the Titan Fall timed exclusive, game really does look crazy good.

I'm sure they did, but it's also probable that EA/Respawn wanted to do that as Respawn being a studio that's only a few years old, probably isn't huge and they thought it would be better to not try to bring their first game to all platforms.

wwm0nkey

I'm sure they did, but it's also probable that EA/Respawn wanted to do that as Respawn being a studio that's only a few years old, probably isn't huge and they thought it would be better to not try to bring their first game to all platforms.

Makes sense for Respawn actually now that I think about it, keep the initial release away from 1 competitor and build up the hype for it on that system via the player base saying how good it is so when it comes out a year later it sells well.

Shit, is TitanFall confirmed a timed exclusive?
According to CBOAT who got almost everything right except the delayed PoP announce it is. Seems like he has a very good source for all his info, the only thing he was misinformed about was Mirrors Edge announce being moved to EA and not at Microsofts conference.

Obscured

It will feel weird at first but we will grow to accept it!

Also Battlefield 4 livestream up!

I watched some of it yesterday, looks like a lot of fun and I like the 64 player count, but I wonder if it will suck to go in alone, I've always gotten the impression Battlefield needs a group to really enjoy. I'm also wondering if that building falling is going to get boring after a bit. I want to get this game just to drive around on a jet ski.

It will feel weird at first but we will grow to accept it!

Also Battlefield 4 livestream up!

It's funny how you can obviously tell someone is using a controller in this stream. If DICE will allow you to use a controller on the PC version, they should at least let you be able to add aim assist or something.

Also, I'm really curious to read about people's impressions of the Xbox One controller. I'm surprised there hasn't been a lot of talk about it.

wwm0nkey

I watched some of it yesterday, looks like a lot of fun and I like the 64 player count, but I wonder if it will suck to go in alone, I've always gotten the impression Battlefield needs a group to really enjoy. I'm also wondering if that building falling is going to get boring after a bit. I want to get this game just to drive around on a jet ski.

Yeah try to form a group when the game comes out, there are some cool people on the BF threads here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom