• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghazi

-snip MS Wizard's Jizz

Sure, Azure is way in front of Gaikai; but Gaikai wasn'tbeing funded by a multi-billion dollar corporation like Azure is. I'm sure given more time Sony would've built up Gaikai a little better, but it definitely won't catch up Azure any time soon if at all as Azure's had a much better head start in almost every aspect and was made for business rather than strictly gaming (who knows, Sony may expand that in the future). I know a bit about AWS, but man does MS have servers up in a ton of major regions. I mean, they basically put their hands in every major area, plus they cut down on latency unless you happen to have bad luck and live far in between two datacenters which is unlikely since there's so many of them. I watched the first 5 minutes of that video and wow, yes, it's an enormous project. I'll finish it up before I go to sleep since there's much more to it.

I don't understand why people are saying things like "THERE'S NO REASON THE XBOX ONE SHOULD BE $100 MORE EXPENSIVE IT HAS WORSE SPECS." or things like "PS3 had Blu-Ray to explain why it cost more, Xbox One doesn't have anything like that."

Are people forgetting that the Kinect is bundled in? Kinect isn't cheap. I'd prefer a $399 bundle without Kinect, but Microsoft built the system with Kinect in mind, ugh. Such a dumb mistake. Meh, what are you going to do about it. :/

TheOddOne

Chief's gonna cry about Cortana throughout the entire game, isn't he?
That human side~~~~
Dat emotion, bro.

ODDONE!!!!!!!!
tumblr_log22eI7Lv1qifiq5o1_400.gif

This is Halo Gaiden, not Halo 5. Believe.
Outsourced to Spark? Outsourced to Spark.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox...tracking-ahead-of-xbox-360-pre-orders/0116893

Amazon.co.uk reckons that the Xbox One and PS4 are currently sitting in first and second place in its PC and Video Games Chart, with Microsoft’s machine pipping PS4’s sales by 2.3 per cent.

“It’s not clear yet which of the two will have the edge when they launch later this year,” Amazon Europe’s VP of retail Xavier Garambois stated. “What’s certain, though, is that fans are already excited about how the next generation of consoles will change the world of gaming and home entertainment.”

Wow. Microsoft having an early lead in the UK, not by much, but it's surprising that it's beating the PS4 considering the Xbox One is over-priced and expensive compared to the PS4.

Ghazi

lol who uses the "pipping"
Even if they are from the UK

Aren't these basically the same thing?
I think he was meaning to use that phrase as "more expensive than the PS4" rather than as a synonym for just the general word "expensive". 500 US Snickers bars are a lot of bars yo.

willow ve

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox...tracking-ahead-of-xbox-360-pre-orders/0116893

Wow. Microsoft having an early lead in the UK, not by much, but it's surprising that it's beating the PS4 considering the Xbox One is over-priced and expensive compared to the PS4.

Pretty sure that 2.3% lead was from the first day of preorders. They were leading in the US (according to Amazon) as well for the first 12 or 24 hours after their E3 reveal. After that, from what little information you can actually glean from places that don't release hard sales numbers, the PS4 has been listed as the "number one seller" (in both US and UK Amazon portals) every day, all day.

It really does seem amazing. The AI has some stupidity fits sometimes but other than that, it's great

I think programming the enemy AI to avoid detecting your allies while you're still undetected was a great idea. Sure it kills a little bit of the immersion, but it removes any randomness when you choose stealth. I would be pissed if the enemy AI was alerted by my friendlies while I'm trying to sneak. Also, when the fights do break out, your allies will distract and even wreck enemies for you. So good.

Gui_PT

I think programming the enemy AI to avoid detecting your allies while you're still undetected was a great idea. Sure it kills a little bit of the immersion, but it removes any randomness when you choose stealth. I would be pissed if the enemy AI was alerted by my friendlies while I'm trying to sneak. Also, when the fights do break out, your allies will distract and even wreck enemies for you. So good.

Oh I wasn't mentioning that, I think that's great too. It'd be really annoying to be spotted because of the allies.

They just act erratically at times.

Woorloog

Banned
Just preordered the Xbox One along with Battlefield 4 and Dead Rising 3. So excited for this November.

I'll bet MS servers don't work on the first week.

EDIT seriously, i kinda hope they will get that one right, ie no server problems, unlike Sim City, Diablo 3... OTOH, server problems would be a beautiful climax for the trainwreck the Xbone stuff has been so far.
EDIT2 i'm wishing for mutually exclusive things? Oh, well.

EDIT seriously, i kinda hope they will get that one right, ie no server problems, unlike Sim City, Diablo 3... OTOH, server problems would be a beautiful climax for the trainwreck the Xbone stuff has been so far.

I just hope that those who buy their Xbox One are happy with it and those who buy their PS4 are happy with it. Then discussion can be about games again.

wwm0nkey

I just hope that those who buy their Xbox One are happy with it and those who buy their PS4 are happy with it. Then discussion can be about games again.

Until then it is WAR!

Even though I do not like the One I do hope those of you who get it have a good time with it :)

Woorloog

Banned

Sure. Though people being happy with anti-consumer console is not something i'd like to hear. Sets bad precedents. Though arguably there are some already...

Games: I reckon PC system requirements will jump with the proper next-gen consoles, no?

Madness

What is the draw of Dead Rising? I've never understood it.

Hard to understand it now since they milked the zombie genre to death and because of the success of Walking Dead etc.

But when the first released, it was amazing. Somewhat free roam game, set in a mall, like Dawn of the Dead. You could go pretty much anywhere, do anything, use any weapon etc. Had crazy boss fights, and the timer meant you had to actively still play the game, couldn't just dick around the whole time.

It was just the sheer idea and fun when it was announced. The amount of zombies, the mall setting. Go to the bowling shop, get some bowling balls and knock them down like pins, go to the golf shop, get a club and dress up as well.

Hard to explain.

Games: I reckon PC system requirements will jump with the proper next-gen consoles, no?

Yeah. They'll have to. Especially for all ground up next gen games. Not so much the first batch of say Assassins Creed 4, Battlefield 4 etc. But games like the Division, etc.

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah. They'll have to. Especially for all ground up next gen games. Not so much the first batch of say Assassins Creed 4, Battlefield 4 etc. But games like the Division, etc.

Le sigh. Just thinking about how much a powerful PC will cost. I'm never going to be swimming in money, stuff i like won't pay well (but luckily i can live very cheaply. Well, if this place wasn't so expensive anyway).
OTOH, hardware prices will drop too.

I'm always playing years old PC games. You know, stuff that was hot 5 years ago.
Ah, well, never missing out much, PC doesn't have many exclusives i care about. No one makes space combat sims anymore (and i have the classics that are easily available, just need a joystick). Hopefully CCP's EVR will become a proper game instead of being just a prototype.

-Xbox Live currently runs on 15,000 servers.
-Xbox Live is being upgraded to 300,000 services for Xbox One.
-The only obvious conclusion given the above information is that it probably won't work.

lol makes sense

Woorloog

Banned
-Xbox Live currently runs on 15,000 servers.
-Xbox Live is being upgraded to 300,000 services for Xbox One.
-The only obvious conclusion given the above information is that it probably won't work.

lol makes sense

I have no faith in upgrades :) I think GAF was supposed to have temporary upgrades for E3 but this place was down nearly for the whole time (might be that Evilore didn't actually get them, confident in the normal hardware).
And since the system is new... It's just that expecting the worst seems reasonable, since it always seems to be happening.

And considering how wrong MS seems to be getting everything else... I wouldn't be surprised if they fuck up their server farms for some reason.

EDIT seriously, i kinda forgot they're upgrading.

I have no faith in upgrades :) I think GAF was supposed to have temporary upgrades for E3 but this place was down nearly for the whole time (might be that Evilore didn't actually get them, confident in the normal hardware).
And since the system is new... It's just that expecting the worst seems reasonable, since it always seems to be happening.

And considering how wrong MS seems to be getting everything else... I wouldn't be surprised if they fuck up their server farms for some reason.

EDIT seriously, i kinda forgot they're upgrading.

Now we're comparing the operation of a website run by a single guy to one of the largest tech companies in the world! :p

Woorloog

Banned
Now we're comparing the operation of a website run by a single guy to one of the largest tech companies in the world! :p

Well, i'm pretty sure i've seen game servers etc. being upgrade before and still crashing.
It seems it takes a long time for upgrades to start working properly...
Of course it could be just that i have bad luck when it comes to this stuff. Wouldn't be surprised.

Until then it is WAR!

Even though I do not like the One I do hope those of you who get it have a good time with it :)

I hope your PS4 explodes in your face sending shards of plastic into your eyes forever blinding you and making next gen pointless.

Yea hope you have fun bro

Overdoziz

Banned
The first Dead Rising had terrible controls. Oh, and I also lost my 3 hour save because quick saving apparently meant only saving your stats, not your progress in the game.

How long ago did you start working for Microsoft?

WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE TO BE A SELLOUT?

Classic GAF response: I present real numbers and logical arguments, and GAF replies that I must work for that company!

I couldn't tell you how long it's been, there was a calendar on the wall, but it's since been buried by all the money that flooding the room! :p

Gui_PT

Classic GAF response: I present real numbers and logical arguments, and GAF replies that I must work for that company!

I couldn't tell you how long it's been, there was a calendar on the wall, but it's since been buried by all the money that flooding the room! :p

Classic MS employee response

The first Dead Rising had terrible controls. Oh, and I also lost my 3 hour save because quick saving apparently meant only saving your stats, not your progress in the game.

I have attempted to play it like 5 times now and it just really annoys me more than anything. Some dick on a walkie talkie keeps being an ass, Time limits imposed on rescuing useless survivors. Combat is shallow and so is the gun play.

That said what I seen of DR3 really interested me. Open city, More realistic graphics. Gun play looked better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom