• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

I just bought Dirt 3 on Steam because I've been itching for a racing game. Gotta get my fix before Forza 5
Any good? I'm also looking for a racing fix before F5. I haven't played F4 and was considering getting that, but don't want to be burned out

DeadNames

Banned
Christ, why the fuck do people trust the fucking Xbox support?! They've been wrong on numerous accounts.

A lot of the MS hate is warranted, but come the fuck on. Some of it is just unnecessary.

Woorloog

Banned
Christ, why the fuck do people trust the fucking Xbox support?! They've been wrong on numerous accounts.

A lot of the MS hate is warranted, but come the fuck on. Some of it is just unnecessary.

If Microsoft lets their own twitter accounts spew bullshit, they've got no one else but themselves to blame for any damage the "Support" may cause to their reputation.
And if it is true, people are right to be angry.

So far, every single thing people are angry about is something Microsoft deserves.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You mean DriveClub?

Kappa

Game looks awesome but for my entire life I've only been able to race with bumper cam. I seriously crash and burn in any other camera view. Therefore, unless they patch that shit I won't be buying it. It's supposed to be a competitive racer but I wouldn't be able to compete.

Any good? I'm also looking for a racing fix before F5. I haven't played F4 and was considering getting that, but don't want to be burned out

So far so good. I put it on advanced difficulty, turned on manual transmission and am just racing and restarting until I get first. The sense of speed is incredible. Listening and understanding the navigator while on the edge of losing control going through a corner is soooooooooo fucking satisfying. Gameplay is stellar, the surrounding campaign and multiplayer is to be determined. I'm not that far in especially because I'm restarting so many times to make sure I get 1st place.

DeadNames

Banned
If Microsoft lets their own twitter accounts spew bullshit, they've got no one else but themselves to blame for any damage the "Support" may cause to their reputation.
And if it is true, people are right to be angry.

So far, every single thing people are angry about is something Microsoft deserves.

Yeah but come on. The support accounts have been wrong many times now, people should know not to trust them. They're SUPPORT after all, not really an official MS source of information about their next console.

wwm0nkey

Yeah but come on. The support accounts have been wrong many times now, people should know not to trust them. They're SUPPORT after all, not really an official MS source of information about their next console.

Again though, Microsoft really should be controlling that shit.

Woorloog

Banned

Then perhaps Microsoft should tell them not to talk about Xbox One at all until clear policies have been established and they're final and public (until revisions anyway).
Or perhaps they should have someone official quickly refute this.

Either way, many people don't know they're not an "official" source of information. It is MS's account, official support account, so for most it seems to be enough. MS's fault if people get the wrong impression.

What doesn't make sense is why "support" accounts that are designed to help users with any current issue they may have are tweeting about a platform that's not even out.

Doesn't make any sense.

Seance

Banned
It was being ran on a PC with current gen specs in mind with some extra AA and a higher resolution, iirc this was confirmed by Kojima or someone else at Konami.

So it already works on PC.

That's not nearly the same thing as a PC version of the game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

What have they been wrong about since E3?

Tunavi

Banned
My local retailer did its annual E3 deal (which is probably the best annual gaming deal on the planet). Pre order more than 2 games and get $20 off for every game.

I just bought:
10x GTA V 360
10x CoD Ghosts X1
10x Tintalfall X1
10x Destiny X1
and more... all for $40 each as opposed to $60.

Planning on selling en masse to make some extra $.

~$10-15 per game if all goes well.
you spent $1600 to make a possible profit of $400. That's a ton of risk/work for one person.

you spent $1600 to make a possible profit of $400. That's a ton of risk/work for one person.

I just realized that, didn't bother to do the math.

Why did you spend $1600 :| Seriously you'll receive all your money back, if you're lucky, by 2014. Was that potential $400 really worth waiting for a year? :p

Madness

Lot of people do it in BC. A few years ago, Rogers Video had this sale on pre owned games. A lot of them were selling for cheap and yet Future Shop and Best Buy had trade in values for nearly double what Rogers was charging to buy. I had a cousin spend like 2 grand buying all the games from almost all rogers video locations in lower mainland BC, took them to various future shops and Best Buys, made like almost $1900 in profit for about two days work.

Duji

Nah. no risk. I can return the games to any store to get a full refund. Did this last year but on a much smaller scale (and didn't have to return anything).

Also I only get charged as soon as they ship. Many of those games have very different release dates. As of now I haven't been charged anything.

wwm0nkey

Not to support stupidity. But do you realize how "big" Microsoft is?

Cant control everything unless they change their corporate model.
They needed to change that years ago. Its pathetic for a company that big to be so fragmented even within similar divisions.

Omni

So far so good. I put it on advanced difficulty, turned on manual transmission and am just racing and restarting until I get first. The sense of speed is incredible. Listening and understanding the navigator while on the edge of losing control going through a corner is soooooooooo fucking satisfying. Gameplay is stellar, the surrounding campaign and multiplayer is to be determined. I'm not that far in especially because I'm restarting so many times to make sure I get 1st place.

Oooh, cool. May end up picking it up

This is kinda disappointing. I messaged everyone on my Xbox Live friends list and out of the people that replied (97 messages sent, only ~30 replied :lol ), more than half said that they'd be switching to the PS4 or would not be buying an X1. Those that said they were gonna get one, said they'd only be getting one for Halo.

So now it seems like half the people I play with 'regularly'
more like semi frequently
are switching and the other half aren't. Wonderful.

Overdoziz

Banned
Haven't played Dirt 3 yet, held off because with Dirt 1 and mostly 2 they were drifting toward dudebro racing instead of rally racing too much. Now that I have a 360 controller for my PC I'll probably get it the next time it's on sale, though. I miss Colin Mcrae Rally games. 2005 is still my favorite racing game.

Oooh, cool. May end up picking it up

This is kinda disappointing. I messaged everyone on my Xbox Live friends list and out of the people that replied (97 messages sent, only ~30 replied :lol ), more than half said that they'd be switching to the PS4 or would not be buying an X1. Those that said they were gonna get one, said they'd only be getting one for Halo.

So now it seems like half the people I play with 'regularly'
more like semi frequently
are switching and the other half aren't. Wonderful.
Just get the console you want. be a leader.

Has anyone ever done like, a full online degree? I want to stay a pharmacist but I just wanna go back to school and get more degrees or something. Feeling stagnant.

Personally I think that an online degree wouldnt scratch the itch of doing a proper degree somewhere.

Oh I'm not looking for another job. I just miss having short term goals and structure. I feel as though I peaked early and I have the highest degree in my field...for me it just feels like I'm in 'work until death' mode.

I just miss learning and shit.

I feel the same way, I have contemplated going back and doing a higher degree in a similar but more creative field. I know it would be stupid as the job market would mean I would never make my money back though. :(

Fuchsdh

Oh I'm not looking for another job. I just miss having short term goals and structure. I feel as though I peaked early and I have the highest degree in my field...for me it just feels like I'm in 'work until death' mode.

I just miss learning and shit.

Why not motivate yourself? If you want to learn there has never been a better time in the history of humanity. While I'm doing brain-dead graphics tasks at work I usually listen to some of the university or history podcasts out there, and I'm just starting German. And I'm a dude who has absolutely no ambition or drive at all.

Any way you look at it, higher education is becoming a rawer and rawer deal, especially given the free or cheap alternatives. Better off figuring things out on your own. Nothing like setting your own goals and getting them done yourself.

Omni

Just get the console you want. be a leader.
Haha, that's one way of looking at it. I'm sure I'm getting the X1, just a tad disappointing that so many people are switching.

Holy crap, I just had the most intense game of Halo Wars... and it was against the automatica AI.
I was trying to get the "give 5000 resources to your team mate" achievement so once I built my army of Hawks and Vultures, I kinda just idled for a while. Didn't bother going over two bases because the AI at that stage was rather easy - I was in total control. All of a sudden however, the enemy team attacked me on one side with a Scarab and on the other with Grizzly tanks, wolverines, banshees and Spartans. Team mate wasn't doing shit (after giving all my resources away, he came with a single tank... lolwut). I managed to destroy the Scarab with ease, but the rest absolutely decimated my army and I was too poor to rebuild straight away. Needless to say the next 74 minutes consisted of me losing a base and trying to claw myself back into the game.

Ultimately though, I lost. I can't believe it.

We need a sequel to this game with a bigger pop cap. Totally lost because I didn't have enough units to fend off two armies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Haven't played Dirt 3 yet, held off because with Dirt 1 and mostly 2 they were drifting toward dudebro racing instead of rally racing too much. Now that I have a 360 controller for my PC I'll probably get it the next time it's on sale, though. I miss Colin Mcrae Rally games. 2005 is still my favorite racing game.

I was checking out some reviews last night to make sure I bought the right Dirt and apparently while 2 got away from the point to point rally racing, 3 is supposed to be a return to form. Again, I'm not far into the game at all so it's tough to tell right now.

Sai-kun

Banned
Holy shit, the Killers are really awesome live!

Yassssss stan!

The crowd at their shows always sucks though. Full of fuckin people in the pit who don't even wanna dance. If you're in the pit and not dancing, I hate you. If you're in the pit not dancing and give me a dirty look when I accidentally bump into you while dancing, I hope you never find true love.

The Anti-Xbox schtick in gaming side is getting really old really fast. Every single thread has at least one poster making trashy/loaded comments about the system or those who choose to buy.

Gui_PT

The Anti-Xbox schtick in gaming side is getting really old really fast. Every single thread has at least one poster making trashy/loaded comments about the system or those who choose to buy.

It's well deserved

You don't agree because you didn't get the short end of the stick.
You can buy the console, it'll work in your country.
You can buy cheaper games on amazon uk and play them because you can activate them.
And so on...

Yassssss stan!

The crowd at their shows always sucks though. Full of fuckin people in the pit who don't even wanna dance. If you're in the pit and not dancing, I hate you. If you're in the pit not dancing and give me a dirty look when I accidentally bump into you while dancing, I hope you never find true love.

Singin' and dancin' all show long baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom