• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duji

My local retailer did its annual E3 deal (which is probably the best annual gaming deal on the planet). Pre order more than 2 games and get $20 off for every game.

I just bought:
10x GTA V 360
10x CoD Ghosts X1
10x Tintalfall X1
10x Destiny X1
and more... all for $40 each as opposed to $60.

Planning on selling en masse to make some extra $.

~$10-15 per game if all goes well.

Woorloog

Banned
My local retailer did its annual E3 deal (which is probably the best annual gaming deal on the planet). Pre order more than 2 games and get $20 off for every game.

I just bought:
10x GTA V 360
10x CoD Ghosts X1
10x Tintalfall X1
10x Destiny X1

Imagine if you had to activate the Xbone games in the store as you get them. No home activation or some such.
Hmm. Wouldn't that be logical extension of the current MS Xbone used-game policy?

Halo 5 is probably gonna be one of those games I'm gonna play five years from now, when the Xbox One is dirt-cheap and I've picked up Halo 5, 6, 7 and 8 for ten dollars.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 5 is probably gonna be one of those games I'm gonna play five years from now, when the Xbox One is dirt-cheap and I've picked up Halo 5, 6, 7 and 8 for ten dollars.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT.

Authentication servers down. Pay extra 10€ to activate them via phone-support.

heckfu

Banned
Imagine if you had to activate the Xbone games in the store as you get them. No home activation or some such.
Hmm. Wouldn't that be logical extension of the current MS Xbone used-game policy?

Haha no. The logical progression would be to make all games disc-less.

Woorloog

Banned

We're talking about Microsoft logic. Or perhaps "MS logic as i perceive it".
If MS were to get rid of retail completely, all games would still cost what they cost now, I highly doubt they would drop the prices, since the platform is closed. At least, not until people get really angry and stop buying the device at all.

About to start The Last Of Us. So hyped, this game is the only reason I put my PS3 into my room after having it basically be a paper-weight in my Brother In Law's room.

So hyped, Current Gen GoTY 2013 for me, maybe. Tomb Raider was pretty good, my hope for The Last Of Us is set high.

Madness

The first Dead Rising had terrible controls. Oh, and I also lost my 3 hour save because quick saving apparently meant only saving your stats, not your progress in the game.

Yeah, plus I hated the save system as well. So many decisions I could take back. But it was something new and fresh at the start of the gen.

Now it's a bit played out. Plus I didn't like Capcom reasoning for Dead Rising 3 removing timers and a lot of the tension. They said they purposely made it grittier, darker and realistic to capture the call of duty crowd.

Microsoft have spoke how they want to go full digital download but its difficult. The PSP Go Bombed when it tried it. Retailers have too much power. Games potentially 50GB big will destroy people with bandwidth caps.

The world just is not ready for the Xbox One. Internet infrastructure sucks in all but a relatively small group of areas.

Shit blows, Get better world.

On Xbox One, when you put your disc in, does the game download or install? Just realized while I will have Google Fiber soon, right now I'm still on Comcast, and they do have a 250 GB limit. :|

Woorloog

Banned
On Xbox One, when you put your disc in, does the game download or install? Just realized while I will have Google Fiber soon, right now I'm still on Comcast, and they do have a 250 GB limit. :|

Install, of course... Why would they bother manufacturing discs otherwise? Might as well give the customers just a code otherwise.

Install, Only games that download are from shared library and digital purchases. You can play while they install I think.

XBO is the kid who grew up too early and came across as overzealous to all the other high school kids. He might be asking for a lot, but when the time comes, the others are going to lead lives of disappointment and compromise - just like he already did.

Install, Only games that download are from shared library and digital purchases. You can play while they install I think.

Oh, good. I thought it was installed. Haha if you had to download it then I see a problem. Xbox One won't be TOO hard on most consumers then bandwidth wise, since most of them will just buy Retail and install.

Woorloog

Banned
XBO is the kid who grew up too early and came across as overzealous to all the other high school kids. He might be asking for a lot, but when the time comes, the others are going to lead lives of disappointment and compromise - just like he already did.

An entry to that fun pic about developers/publishers?

Duji

Yeah, plus I hated the save system as well. So many decisions I could take back. But it was something new and fresh at the start of the gen.

Now it's a bit played out. Plus I didn't like Capcom reasoning for Dead Rising 3 removing timers and a lot of the tension. They said they purposely made it grittier, darker and realistic to capture the call of duty crowd.

Did you also do the Future Shop deal?

TheOddOne

#Thingontwitter

BMr1NilCYAAu28m.jpg:large

#Creepy #Jellis

Booshka

Need to act like I didn't read those Dead Rising posts, one of my favorite games this gen. You guys are such scrubs, no wonder Halo keeps getting dumbed down.

zap

I just bought:
10x GTA V 360
10x CoD Ghosts X1
10x Tintalfall X1
10x Destiny X1

Have you never heard of Steam?

Madness

Did also do the Future Shop deal?

Nope. I'm an idiot. I already had preordered GTA V at EB Games a while ago because I got $10 off, plus I didn't know what console I wanted. I still don't know.

I'll probably just walk into a store day one and buy one right off the shelf. I need to hold the controllers in my hand as stupid as it sounds. It's what made me buy the x360 right after I got done playing King Kong and Call of Duty 2.

But yes, the future Shop e3 sale is sweet. Save so much money for games you know you're getting day one.

The Last Of Us is so good but so damn frustrating.

Can't blame it though, it's my fault, and my stupid "explore everything!" attitude that just made me die like 10 times and spend 30 minutes on one section.

Still going. Such a good game.

heckfu

Banned
Has anyone ever done like, a full online degree? I want to stay a pharmacist but I just wanna go back to school and get more degrees or something. Feeling stagnant.

Has anyone ever done like, a full online degree? I want to stay a pharmacist but I just wanna go back to school and get more degrees or something. Feeling stagnant.

There's a pill for that.

For serious though: getting another degree will help in the short term for certain. Long term, I'm not so sure. Do you think if you pursued a hobby or part-time job that involved you creating something tangible and lasting, you would feel better?

heckfu

Banned
There's a pill for that.

For serious though: getting another degree will help in the short term for certain. Long term, I'm not so sure. Do you think if you pursued a hobby or part-time job that involved you creating something tangible and lasting, you would feel better?

Oh I'm not looking for another job. I just miss having short term goals and structure. I feel as though I peaked early and I have the highest degree in my field...for me it just feels like I'm in 'work until death' mode.

I just miss learning and shit.

Oh I'm not looking for another job. I just miss having short term goals and structure. I feel as though I peaked early and I have the highest degree in my field...for me it just feels like I'm in 'work until death' mode.

I just miss learning and shit.

You're not stupid so I'm sure you know this already but you can get that structure and short term goal feeling from other things. You likely won't get structure from online courses anyway.

I don't have any real solid "go do this" advice because honestly its going to be a personal thing but if you took up a solid fitness routine or self taught skillset a natural structure would fall into place.

Shitty example but it's the best I have. I decided years ago I'd learn how to cook and bake, not just be able to make a cake and a decent meal but like cook everything, It was born out of necessity but I had an actual passion for it. Short term goals were simple, produce good tasting food, and its structure was great because I'd be "forced" to cook at least once a day to keep with social norms (3 meals a day). Cooking is one of my favorite things to do but I've found it really rewarding.

You can better yourself academically sure but don't limit yourself to just that. Think of it as you have the job part down now work on being a better person all round. People spend years getting to the point you are now and you're still pretty young all things consider so reap those benefits.

Booshka

Rumor has it we were seeing a PC version.

PLEASE GOD BE TRUE.

Everything should be on PC at this point, let the consoles bicker over their console exclusivity to sell their hardware. While those of us that already built the best hardware ourselves can play everything. Especially now that console development so closely resembles PC development.

Ghazi

PLEASE GOD BE TRUE.

Everything should be on PC at this point, let the consoles bicker over their console exclusivity to sell their hardware. While those of us that already built the best hardware ourselves can play everything. Especially now that console development so closely resembles PC development.

It was being ran on a PC with current gen specs in mind with some extra AA and a higher resolution, iirc this was confirmed by Kojima or someone else at Konami.

So it already works on PC.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I just bought Dirt 3 on Steam because I've been itching for a racing game. Gotta get my fix before Forza 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom