• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
aqUz0hh.png

Speedy's got a video with Skrillex music in it, kill me now plz.

All my videos may or may not be jokes. ;P If you're talking about this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAugr83kI4

It's a joke between me and my friend. He's making a ton of new video during the summer, so I started teasing him about it and dubbed it "#SummerOf(his name)" and as a joke started my own "#SummerOfSpeedy", that video is a joke promo for it that I made in about 10 minutes.

I am, for fun though, going to try and upload a video a day, sounds like fun! :D

Ghazi

All my videos may or may not be jokes. ;P If you're talking about this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAugr83kI4

It's a joke between me and my friend. He's making a ton of new video during the summer, so I started teasing him about it and dubbed it "#SummerOf(his name)" and as a joke started my own "#SummerOfSpeedy", that video is a joke promo for it that I made in about 10 minutes.

I am, for fun though, going to try and upload a video a day, sounds like fun! :D
Yeah, it's that video. I can remember that primal shrieking from anywhere.

Question: What are you using to record and edit?

Yeah, it's that video. I can remember that primal shrieking from anywhere.

Question: What are you using to record and edit?

HD PVR 2 and Adobe Premiere CS6. I got the HD PVR 2 so the videos for my friends and I's gaming channel would be in HD. We kind of got bored of making videos though after a few months and I know basically do everything I do on my channel now for laughs.

I got Adobe Premiere through Adobe Creative Cloud, for $20 a month for Audition, Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator + Flash and all the other Adobe Products, it was a good deal, since I use at least one of the programs daily.

My channel is a homage of what happens to me when I'm bored, make terrible things.

Ghazi

HD PVR 2 and Adobe Premiere CS6. I got the HD PVR 2 so the videos for my friends and I's gaming channel would be in HD. We kind of got bored of making videos though after a few months and I know basically do everything I do on my channel now for laughs.

I got Adobe Premiere through Adobe Creative Cloud, for $20 a month for Audition, Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator + Flash and all the other Adobe Products, it was a good deal, since I use at least one of the programs daily.

My channel is a homage of what happens to me when I'm bored, make terrible things.
Ah, I have a crappy 480p recorder that I dug up in a trash can and fixed :( it works and gets the job done, albeit at sub HD resolutions. I don't have any editing software though, so I may look into checking out those Adobe products.

Ah, I have a crappy 480p recorder that I dug up in a trash can and fixed :( it works and gets the job done, albeit at sub HD resolutions. I don't have any editing software though, so I may look into checking out those Adobe products.

Luckily for you, Xbox One has a built in capture card and you can add commentary/live commentary directly from the Xbox One. You can also edit from the Xbox One.

PS4 has the same feature, but I don't think you can record and add commentary, unless you Live Stream? Also not sure about the editing.

What I want to start doing is making Jontron like videos, but I don't have a decent camera to record myself with, and it's pretty hard since I don't have anyone to film me. :/ Oh well.

Ghazi

Luckily for you, Xbox One has a built in capture card and you can add commentary/live commentary directly from the Xbox One. You can also edit from the Xbox One.PS4 has the same feature, but I don't think you can record and add commentary, unless you Live Stream? Also not sure about the editing.
Streaming and editing videos directly to Twitch is what interests me the most on the One in the video capturing department, UStream sucks and I don't know why PS4 went with that instead of Twitch it's fucking annoying.

What I want to start doing is making Jontron like videos, but I don't have a decent camera to record myself with, and it's pretty hard since I don't have anyone to film me. :/ Oh well.
Buy an HD webcam and record yourself or do what some other YouTubers do and actually get a really high def. video camera and set it up on a tripod and record yourself?

m23

How many of you guys are going to be jumping back into Halo 3 next month? With Halo 3 being free I think we'll see a nice spike in players for the month. I'm not sure if it'll help with the netcode though.

How many of you guys are going to be jumping back into Halo 3 next month? With Halo 3 being free I think we'll see a nice spike in players for the month. I'm not sure if it'll help with the netcode though.
It'll certainly be more convenient to play the campaign. I may dabble a bit in multiplayer and reminisce about shitty netcode and good maps.

Omni

I have discovered Xbox Music on Windows 8 (never bothered to use the app until now). Not that bad at all. Probably wouldn't pay, but it's nice as is. I like the radio feature a lot.

m23

It'll certainly be more convenient to play the campaign. I may dabble a bit in multiplayer and reminisce about shitty netcode and good maps.

Yeah I think most people will probably just go through the campaign rather than multiplayer. I did play some Halo 3 over the weekend and had a surprisingly good connection in matchmaking. It really was the best multiplayer in the Halo series imo.

Omni

Really is odd to think about the fact that with this upcoming generation of consoles, a whole bucket load of people will never get to experience the original trilogy.

Backwards compat really would have been nice

Really is odd to think about the fact that with this upcoming generation of consoles, a whole bucket load of people will never get to experience the original trilogy.

Backwards compat really would have been nice
You REALLY don't think there will be a re-mastered release of all 3 for xbone?

If they make all the DLC free and update the playlists I might.

I don't really enjoy Halo 3 that much though...so maybe not.

Omni

You REALLY don't think there will be a re-mastered release of all 3 for xbone?
I could see 343i just focusing on getting their trilogy out on the Nextbox. Dunno. Hopefully they will.

Who is getting the X1?

Me.

Just watched a youtube video showing the first 40 minutes of The Last of Us. I really, really, really want that game. If we weren't so close to the end of the generation I'd buy a new PS3 just to play it.
If only it was multiplatform

Fracas

#fuckonami
What percentage you at?

I think like 38 or so? About 5 hours in.

--->TLoU spoilers---->
Currently with Bill, just found out the truck I was looking for did not have a battery.

It's one of the most tense games I've played in a while. I wish there were less, smarter enemies and that killing took less bullets. I assumed that melee combat would be the name of the game, with guns being a luxury that took down an enemy with 1-2 shots. Still, I'm liking it.

I think like 38 or so? About 5 hours in.

--->TLoU spoilers---->
Currently with Bill, just found out the truck I was looking for did not have a battery.

It's one of the most tense games I've played in a while. I wish there were less, smarter enemies and that killing took less bullets. I assumed that melee combat would be the name of the game, with guns being a luxury that took down an enemy with 1-2 shots. Still, I'm liking it.

Oh man that first half is baby stuff. Let me know when you get to around 60-70%. You'll know why .

Woorloog

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with kids these day? Why is it that they can't be civil and polite? Actually, why are they even talking to me, who isn't paying any attention to them on top of being complete stranger.
I walk past these kids (perhaps 11 year olds) on a street and they say "Hi" in a manner that is not polite, it is pure demand for attention (and they certainly didn't have anything wrong). When i ignore them, they yell something after me.
And it seems that this is very normal for kids here
Anyone here who has kids, or plans getting them, please raise them better.

Sorry about ranting.
I'm just fed up with this place...

What the fuck is wrong with kids these day? Why is it that they can't be civil and polite? Actually, why are they even talking to me, who isn't paying any attention to them on top of being complete stranger.
I walk past these kids (perhaps 11 year olds) on a street and they say "Hi" in a manner that is not polite, it is pure demand for attention (and they certainly didn't have anything wrong). When i ignore them, they yell something after me.

Sorry about ranting.

Would it have been hard to say hi back? Like really...

Gui_PT

Sorry about ranting.

11 year old kids walk up to you and say hi?

Overdoziz

Banned

Sorry about ranting.
Are you okay?

Their "hi" was not one bit polite, it was a demand for attention*. You'd understand had you heard it.
Besides, why the fuck are they talking to complete strangers in the first place?

*Arguably greetings are that regardless, but usually greetings are polite.

Because when you live in Finland people will do anything to spice up their snow-filled existence. Maybe they wanted a guest to go to the sauna with? Maybe they wanted to know where the Sibelius Academy is?

But you walked on, rejecting their obvious cry for attention in a land stripped of anything interesting. One social interaction is all they crave...

Woorloog

Banned
Are you okay?

No. I'm fed up with this place, i'm fucking depressed again, i get these annoying bratty kids being impolite...
Other than that, i'm fine.

Because when you live in Finland people will do anything to spice up their snow-filled existence. Maybe they wanted a guest to go to the sauna with? Maybe they wanted to know where the Sibelius Academy is?

But you walked on, rejecting their obvious cry for attention in a land stripped of anything interesting. One social interaction is all they crave...

No snow here at the moment. Rainy though.

EDIT sorry i'm ranting, just another boring, slow day.

No. I'm fed up with this place, i'm fucking depressed again, i get these annoying bratty kids being impolite...
Other than that, i'm fine.

No snow here at the moment. Rainy though.

EDIT sorry i'm ranting, just another boring, slow day.

This is the reason why so much black/doom/death/melodic metal comes out of Finland/Sweden/Norway peeps.

Ghazi

So the other day there was this big group of 15 year olds at the mall I was at and they were getting into the elevator. I needed to get onto the second floor so I had to get in with them, they didn't realise that you had to press the "floor 2" button to get to the second floor so I had to awkwardly explain that to them after waiting like 2 minutes for them to do it. Then one of them literally looked at me and said "I love you."

I literally just looked at him, pressed the open door button, and walked out without saying a thing.

MATURITY MOTHERFUCKER

Homeboyd

Who is getting the X1?
Pretty much all of us here are and are big supporters of what MS is doing with it. Speedy Blue Dude is really the only one who has said under no circumstances would he get an Xbox One. We've spent countless hours showing him why he's wrong and why he should get the Xbone, but the dude stands firm on his beliefs. I think he just hates anything Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom