• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
If you have a good team playing Conquest is so boring on most maps. At least in Rush you can quickly end matches by destroying M-COMs or draining the enemy tickets.

Holiday

Banned
If you have a good team playing Conquest is so boring on most maps. At least in Rush you can quickly end matches by destroying M-COMs or draining the enemy tickets.

Agreed. Conquest is slow and boring. Rush is much more exciting and fast-paced, and makes giant maps like Caspian Border actually playable.

wwm0nkey

My computer can't run it. D:

Planetside 2 scale games in the next Halo would be amazing, though.

Something something cloud. But yeah 3 big ass maps with 2000 people on them each with a 3 factions (UNSC, Forerunner and Covenant) would be amazing for Halo. Would not be a main line entry though.

MS will need something to compete with PlanetSide 2 since its coming out on PS4 and I have no doubts that will be played for a LONG time, its actually a system seller for some people lol

Something something cloud. But yeah 3 big ass maps with 2000 people on them each with a 3 factions (UNSC, Forerunner and Covenant) would be amazing for Halo. Would not be a main line entry though.

MS will need something to compete with PlanetSide 2 since its coming out on PS4 and I have no doubts that will be played for a LONG time, its actually a system seller for some people lol

It is a system seller for me lol. I wish I could actually play it on PC first though. I've watched a ton of videos and looks like a lot of fun.

TCKaos

Can you play today?

My bodily readiness quotient is exceeding previous maximum values.

Steam ID. I'm the blue dudes, but I don't have anything unlocked so I wouldn't mind changing sides.

If I could make whatever game I wanted it would be Halosidefrontfield. Think of all the possibilities.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Steam ID. I'm the blue dudes, but I don't have anything unlocked so I wouldn't mind changing sides.

If I could make whatever game I wanted it would be Halosidefrontfield. Think of all the possibilities.

Destroying entire buildings? More like entire planets!

wwm0nkey

We will be sure to get you in the next game! After finally playing with people having communications makes Planet Side 2 a blast....even when you are being horribly gunned down by 200 enemies at once at a turtle base....

wwm0nkey

Chaos! Explosions! Randomness!

Depends, If squad leaders are able to communicate well with each other and their squad mates you can get some pretty crazy things going on in big battles. PlanetSide 2 might have 2000 people on a map but 4 squads working together can really fuck things up with good team work and strategy.

Thats why I like the bigger games because if you have a good team and a good strategy you are going to make some people hate you.

wwm0nkey

Battlefield Teamwork example: 3 of us heading to the conquest point while one team mate is in the air and we ask him to spot down on the ground so we know which way to enter and take them out from while also alerting our team mates from other angles "Hey shoot the orange triangle here!" via visual feedback.

Planetside 2 Teamwork: 4 squads of 11 people notice how they are 1 capture point away from the edge of the map which would cut off 2 supply stations from the enemy, 2 attack from one capture point above that base to give a good distraction while the other 22 players move in and take the point behind them leaving the cut off points extremely easy to attack and take.

or

4-6 squads notice there is a major battle, 2 of them spawn Reavers to help out the ground forces while the other 44 drop in ODST style via instant action to thin out the remaining enemies and give the team a chance to capture and get a foot in a base.

Halo: Halo 2 Objective required communication of where people and objectives were in order to win, not so much in the newer Halo games (Halo 3 also did this pretty well too)

Toshi Jr.
3VES3dS.jpg

Also, Livechamber Arena supports up to 16 players but all default maps are 4v4.

A Tier Four Multiplayer "Session" supports up to 40 players and 8 teams though. Come at me bros

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I'll probably get BF4 next-gen, and maybe Battlefront 3 if it's anywhere as fun as Battlefield. I recently got BF3 and it's really enjoyable.

Are you a small person? Or in a childs bathroom? everything seems...weird The doorknob seems to be at your eyelevel. Confusing angles or something?

Are you a small person? Or in a childs bathroom? everything seems...weird The doorknob seems to be at your eyelevel. Confusing angles or something?

I'm dorming at MC Escher's place.

I'm 5'8" and the "doorknob" is just Starbucks' "all employees must wash hands" sign I think.

Overdoziz

Banned
Do you make all your avatars yourself? Really nice one this go-around--hyped for Anniversary?
Yeah, I make 'em myself. And by that I mean I take a picture, paint a part of it blue and make the rest transparent.

Fable was probably my favorite OG Xbox game right behind Halo. Been listening to the soundtrack lately which is still amazing.

Do you make all your avatars yourself? Really nice one this go-around--hyped for Anniversary?

Wahrer's a hipster? Who woulda' thunk it.

How is this a surprise? I have a blog and listen to obscure bands unironically.

Also: they REALLY need to have a gameplay-altering ranked/social split.

Social: simple class-based gameplay. Three possible AAs: Sprint, buffed Thruster, and Double Jump. Scrap all AAs. Alter the Spartan Laser to shoot a Hologram instead of a death beam. Keep a few perks as rare "Team Powerups." If you grab one, your whole team gets Dexterity etc.

Ranked: No AAs or perks. Make AAs single-use on-map pickups with a 30 second respawn time. Limit weapon sandbox to one weapon per role as opposed to one weapon per faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom