• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Well here's some things to consider.

BF Premium gets you all the maps, and you'll get to play the BF4 Beta. Aftermath and Endgame are amazing DLC maps. Aftermatch gets you the XBOW also which is amazing.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Well here's some things to consider.

BF Premium gets you all the maps, and you'll get to play the BF4 Beta. Aftermath and Endgame are amazing DLC maps. Aftermatch gets you the XBOW also which is amazing.

I'm rocking the XBOW on my Assault and Support. It's really versatile, especially with the different bolt types.

neoism

Thread split is good. HaloGAF is better this way.

yeah I really dont understand why anyone cares what a threads titles is and where it is on the site, there well always be """""meta discussion""""" its what makes the community. no ones stopping anyone from taking about anything in here.....

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Please tell me you guys are joking about Kyle being permabanned...
7crE2jE.jpg

Ghazi

Which platform? I've got it on 360 but all I have is for DLC is B2K.
You did realize that Close Quarters was free for like half a month, right?

Edit: I have BF3 on the 360 and all the DLC. The issue is that I've barely played it and I don't understand most of the mechanics, HUD, and maps. After I'm finished marathoning TLOU (10 hours straight so far) I'd love to play with some people.

DeadNames

Banned
I don't know if it has already been posted here, but Tom Salta is making the soundtrack for Spartan Assault, and you can hear a glimpse of his work on his soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tomsalta/legacy-working-title

It sounds way more "Halo" than Neil Davidge's work imo, a bit like Stephen Rippy's compositions for Halo Wars. Love it!

That feel when that has Halo theme bits in it.

343, use this guy more.

Kaos, what's your friend code? I'll play AC with you.

That feel when that has Halo theme bits in it.

343, use this guy more.

This, him and Kazuma Jinnouchi seem to capture that old halo vibe more than davidge does. Not to say that Davidges work was bad (Green and Blue is one of my favorite songs in Halo to date), but when i listen to 117 (composed by Kazuma), theres more of a Halo vibe to it.

I also think that Davidge's use of the vocals could have been done better. When i heard the mtv vocal pieces for the male tenor i thought they were pretty damn awesome but most of the time he ended up layering the male and females together and it didnt have the same impact as when they were by themselves. The males vocals should have been more dominant (as they have been in previous games), but most of the songs had the bulgarian female vocals which started to put me off slightly by the end of the soundtrack simply because the chanting that they were doing, while good, was not close to the originals and felt a lot of times out of place to me. There are times when i think its done pretty well such as in nemesis because the males and females are more spread separate, but there are times where i dont like it in the halo setting, such as in the main title music, and in Legacy.

This, him and Kazuma Jinnouchi seem to capture that old halo vibe more than davidge does. Not to say that Davidges work was bad (Green and Blue is one of my favorite songs in Halo to date), but when i listen to 117 (composed by Kazuma), theres more of a Halo vibe to it.

I also think that Davidge's use of the vocals could have been done better. When i heard the mtv vocal pieces for the male tenor i thought they were pretty damn awesome but most of the time he ended up layering the male and females together and it didnt have the same impact as when they were by themselves. The males vocals should have been more dominant (as they have been in previous games), but most of the songs had the bulgarian female vocals which started to put me off slightly by the end of the soundtrack simply because the chanting that they were doing, while good, was not close to the originals and felt a lot of times out of place to me. There are times when i think its done pretty well such as in nemesis because the males and females are more spread separate, but there are times where i dont like it in the halo setting, such as in the main title music, and in Legacy.

kittens am cry

Pull a Metroid Prime. Davidge for ambience tracks, Jinnouchi for melodies

Mix

Okay, I thought PS2 was fun, but holy shit is TF2 fun. I just played for an easy hour and a half and it went by so fast I hadn't really noticed it. If you've never played it, I highly recommend it.

Madness

...What.

I didn't really like the guy, but that is fucking nonsensical.

If I say that I was a twat at 14, will I be banned for insulting myself?

Only if the mod felt you were insulting to all twats by proxy I guess. We need Stalker. He got speedy unbanned lol, usually never happens apparently. Hopefully he still lurks and reads the thread.

Tawpgun

Only if the mod felt you were insulting to all twats by proxy I guess. We need Stalker. He got speedy unbanned lol, usually never happens apparently. Hopefully he still lurks and reads the thread.
Speedy for Kyle was like trading a limited edition holographic charizard for dryer lint.

Rawr.

I don't know if it has already been posted here, but Tom Salta is making the soundtrack for Spartan Assault, and you can hear a glimpse of his work on his soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/tomsalta/legacy-working-title

It sounds way more "Halo" than Neil Davidge's work imo, a bit like Stephen Rippy's compositions for Halo Wars. Love it!

Holy shit, that sounds so much more "Halo" than Halo 4. Wtf.

I really hope Halo 5 embraces Halos musical roots, rather than stubbornly throwing them out to create something 'new'.

Remove musical from the above sentence and it still remains true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom