• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harrison Ford Joins 'Anchorman 2'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

Super duper!

Before dusting off the Millennium Falcon for a Star Wars sequel, Harrison Ford will sharpen his comedic chops for a role in Paramount's Anchorman 2.

Ford will play a legendary newscaster a la Tom Brokaw in the Adam McKay-helmed comedy, which begins shooting this month in Atlanta. He previously played an anchorman in the film Morning Glory, the 2010 comedy produced by J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk.
STORY: Kristen Wiig Joins 'Anchorman' Sequel

The sequel to 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy stars returnees Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Christina Applegate and David Koechner, as well as a new-to-the-property Kristen Wiig.

Ferrell and McKay wrote the screenplay and are producing the film. Judd Apatow and Kevin Messick also are aboard as producers.

Though plot details on Anchorman 2 are being kept under wraps, the level of secrecy pales compared to the new Star Wars films, for which Ford is expected to reprise his role of Han Solo in some capacity.

Ford has a trio of films in the can: the Jackie Robinson biopic 42, which bows April 12; the Relativity thriller Paranoia; and the franchise hopeful Ender's Game.

This is on top of Kristen Wig and James Marsden, quite a cast that's brewing here.

shira

He looks so dapper, so debonair.
Harrison_Ford_Morning_Glory-610x367.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly this bums me out, the few movies I've seen Ford in the last 15 years have all been mail ins or just flat out bad performances.

He was so bad in morning glory.

Dyno

Is this good? I'm usually wrong on things so I'm not sure. Ford was so tired in Indy 4 and C&A, his grumpy real self bled into every scene. If that happens again it's going to be a terrible fit for comedy.

He seems just so curmugeonly every time a camera is in front of him for the past fifteen years or so.

Thread derail.

edit:It's not Rachel McAdamns? I'm gonna need a name then. I need a face for that ass.

edit2:this is urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom