• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Jawmuncher

Still sad that the unlocks isn't how it was last time. So much extra fluff it seems to get all of the items from the store, compared to last time where you just needed to beat the 2 difficulties and then just grind for points.

I guess you can say that the amount of grinding there was the equivalent of the points you needed. But at least I could do whatever I wanted to get to that point. Not to mention it was just simpler to keep track of. Might actually not bother with the platinum and just work on Project Diva F again since it's a separate list from the JPN version which I did complete.

4r53Z35.png

I hope this gets fixed today...

Oops, been busy at work and forgot to check the store update this week. Here's the links:

Songs
Costume Modules
I dropped a mention on the Sega forum that there might be an issue with Electric Angel for Song Club members.

Sort of toying with running a second score challenge. I have some bigger prizes to give away, but that might mean I would need to increase the difficulty of the challenge in turn?

Sort of toying with running a second score challenge. I have some bigger prizes to give away, but that might mean I would need to increase the difficulty of the challenge in turn?
That's fine with me, I exclusively play on Expert these days (well, except when I have to play all difficulties to unlock something). It would be nice to have something to work toward beyond a simple Perfect.

SimonM7

That'd be cool! I hadn't really gotten to the second game when the previous challenge was going. I bought the first game when the second game came out. Not really sure how I missed the whole thing the first time around, to be honest.

Producer

How are you guys' Vita buttons holding up? After hearing a squeaky noise on my square button i've been playing on ps3 more lol. Probably being paranoid.

batrush

Stopped using my Vita to play this after about 81 hours. I think it's due to this game that the buttons on my 2000 squeak and feel loose as hell. I use my PSTV instead now.

How are you guys' Vita buttons holding up? After hearing a squeaky noise on my square button i've been playing on ps3 more lol. Probably being paranoid.

I actually feel like my circle button misses inputs from time to time. It happens very infrequently so it isn't really bothering me. I also have some squeaking with the triangle button. Surprisingly the sticks are holding up perfectly.

Andrefpvs

Searching for

Electric Angel
or
Though My Song Has No Form

on the EU PS Store brings up the Project Diva F2nd page. They should be up soon (or maybe they already are but I can't find them).

macklelol

My X button on my Vita has been getting a little squeaky. I have the PS3 version, but I like playing with the touchscreen much more than I do the analog sticks, so I usually just deal with it.

My Vita 1000 seems to be holding up pretty well after over 250 collective hours of Diva gameplay... I think. Haven't noticed any major issues, anyway.

Stomp Farmer

Neo Member
Neither of the new songs appear in the Canadian (presumably US as well?) store add-on lists. I redeemed my Song Club copy of Though My Song Has No Form by manually searching for it, but Electric Angel is erroneously listed at $2.99.

I also grabbed last week’s free UI skins (“Kitty Cape (Checkered)” and “Trickster (Night Dream)”) by searching for them. I couldn’t find them last week and figured it was a temporary glitch, then forgot about them. They’re still not in the game add-on lists.

I haven’t been following this thread, so I don’t know if this is old hat, but I’ve had a bunch of issues with the DLC. Early on, both the PS3 and Vita versions of songs were listed on my Vita download list, so I had a 50/50 chance of downloading a copy that the system would reject during installation. Recently, I’ve had the aforementioned problems with stuff not appearing in the store listings. Don’t know who’s been at fault, but it’s been a bummer.

P.S. My Vita’s X button is a bit squeaky, but it seems as clicky and responsive as ever. I probably have 100+ hours between PDF, PDF 2nd, and PD 2nd (Japanese PSN copy).

I could buy all the new EU stuff via the webstore without problems. Interestingly the Angel module showed up as free (despite me not having the costume club). The gold Miku was also free, but that is probably due to the song club.

ChrisD

Man, my buttons squeak like a friggin' mouse. All of them. And my sticks aren't anywhere near new, either. Either I play rough, or I've just played a ton. My bet is on both. In the end, they still work just as well as the day I got the system, so I'm not too worried.

I can probably partially blame this for some of it's newest wear:
This took way too long to get said:

I got a little paranoid about the O button getting worn out, but my experience is that buttons won't keep making noises due to this game as long as you don't hit them too hard and you don't habitually drag them sideways with your fingers.

ChrisD

Well, you just gotta flick those sticks fast ;)
The first technical zone is a very fast clockwise movement of double notes and I never was very good at those. In only hit it once in a blue moon.

It was actually the rapid star notes that kept me back for so long. I really like the rest of the chart. But that blasted star string. My fingers always slipped off the sticks haha.

We have different weaknesses. :p

The Sega blog confirmed yesterday that this is the final intended DLC release for the game. They also acknowledged that the club packages are not working correctly for Electric Angel and the P-Style CG module, and are looking into the issue.

It's been suggested to me that the score challenge be its own thread over on Gaming side, which I hope to set up tomorrow. I also need to figure out a way to cram all the DLC info into the second post here; either a layout change and/or URL shortening to get it under the character limit.

Nyoro SF

Is Electric Angel still not free for people with the Song Club?

Nope. Electric Angel is not free yet.
I guess this helps for international relations as I now know the pain Euro guys go through all the time. Behold the response from Sega Support

YXa4Xqk.png

Yes, the issue is resolved... not.
In order to leave feedback I have to register a Sega Support account. Such annoyingly bad design, guess I'll just bother them on Twitter again.

Kikirin

Nope. Electric Angel is not free yet.
I guess this helps for international relations as I now know the pain Euro guys go through all the time. Behold the response from Sega Support

Yes, the issue is resolved... not.
In order to leave feedback I have to register a Sega Support account. Such annoyingly bad design, guess I'll just bother them on Twitter again.

Thanks for fighting the good fight!

emiliano

Costumes sets are almost fixed in europe. I've tried to download the costumes for the extra characters in various ways but they are still available only for vita. All the main characters costumes and the skins now are ok though.

Just a reminder that the second score challenge is set to end today. There have only been five entries so far; was it a problem that it was a separate thread instead of integrated here?

Also, just about every image in the first post, including the one used for score challenges, seems dead at the moment...

TRI Mike

I've been having a PSN connection error for a few days now. I can't use the network features nor cross-save because of this. What's wrong guys?

Internet is working fine on my Vita. The problem is with this game...

ChrisD

Just a reminder that the second score challenge is set to end today. There have only been five entries so far; was it a problem that it was a separate thread instead of integrated here?

Also, just about every image in the first post, including the one used for score challenges, seems dead at the moment...

The separate thread seemed to pull in a few faces I've never/barely seen here, so I don't think that was it.

In my case, I had multiple nine hour days at work -- as part of a seven day work week. Would have liked to at least send a score in, but I had no motivation for gaming -period- after coming home and getting ready for the next day. :

I got F on PS3 when it was on sale for Golden Week, and my siblings have "adopted" the system ever since. I didn't expect them to even give it a shot. It's fun watching them play on Normal and scrape by with Standard one day to turn around and Great a Hard song just two days later. They get so excited that I can't help but feel the same.

It makes me want to get F2nd to open up the rest of the song library, but the PS3 is low on space and I'm not sure if it could hold all of the DLCs (I'd be buying physically just for that reason). Anybody have an idea on how much all of the songs take for Console version? Am I looking at 10GB here, or something vastly smaller?

antibolo

Banned
It makes me want to get F2nd to open up the rest of the song library, but the PS3 is low on space and I'm not sure if it could hold all of the DLCs (I'd be buying physically just for that reason). Anybody have an idea on how much all of the songs take for Console version? Am I looking at 10GB here, or something vastly smaller?

Songs are less than 100MB each iirc. Not really bigger than on the Vita version. So we're looking at less than 2GB for the entire DLC of F 2nd, and that's a generous figure.

If you get the retail version you'll save up a bit of space, but the game does have a mandatory install of around 3.5GB (iirc?) so you're not looking at a big difference.

ChrisD

Songs are less than 100MB each iirc. Not really bigger than on the Vita version. So we're looking at less than 2GB for the entire DLC of F 2nd, and that's a generous figure.

If you get the retail version you'll save up a bit of space, but the game does have a mandatory install of around 3.5GB (iirc?) so you're not looking at a big difference.

Mandatory install? What the frick. :(
Will have to do some fridge clearing regardless then, I suppose.

antibolo

Banned
For some reason I thought that the install changed from optional to mandatory in 2nd but I guess I could be wrong?

FWIW I just checked and the Install data is 2795MB.

As for the DLC data, right now on my PS3 it stands at 1017MB, that's with all the songs up until the last two (is it still broken here?? ffs) and about half of the costumes (I always get the recommended modules for the DLC songs, plus a few others that catch my eye). So without the costumes it's probably not going to end over 1GB.

antibolo

Banned
So after the score challenge ended I continued playing the game. Mostly been working on my personal goal of reaching a Great at Envy Cat Walk. Progress is slow but I think I'm getting close! I managed a 88.9% this morning, my former best from back when I stopped playing the game two months ago was 84.5%.
I love this song so much, the crazy energy of it keeps me going. Probably my #2 favorite after Akatsuki Arrival.

KanameYuuki

The song selection on the last video from Project Mirai had a really good selection of songs, quite diverse and a lot of the ones I really like and not only that but they have songs with different Vocaloids, I got so jelly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxzR6_ABPf4

Are they going to bring that one to NA? if that is the case then I really need to get the new 3DS.

emiliano

^ Today I was looking into the Project Mirai site too. The game has been officially announced for N̶o̶v̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ September in the west, if I'm not wrong (well, I was. fortunately). The sad part is that Mirai DX was originally intended only for the the west territories. Instead not only the Japan version has been regularly released three days ago, we will have it much later than them :(

Redhood

Is the song club over? The live area refreshed with a thumbnail for all 12 songs.

How many are new songs? How many are from old games?

Is the song club over? The live area refreshed with a thumbnail for all 12 songs.

How many are new songs? How many are from old games?

Yes, it's done.

All 16 songs are from old games. The Kaito song (Rosary Pale) is sort of new, since it's from Project Diva Arcade and has been ported to consoles for the first time.

Top Bottom