• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

SimonM7

I tried downloading both from the add-ons, and they do indeed appear to install, but I still can't find the song in-game. It definitely downloaded both (all the EU DLC does that) and installed one of them. Are you actually seeing the song listed ingame?

Yeah, I played them and everything. I suggest.. and I don't know how to do this exactly, but... I suggest going to the data management whatever thingy, and deleting the one that doesn't show up. Then re-downloading it. If you installed it and it didn't show up, the install must've been borked.

emiliano

2yoRCZa.png
Marginal marked only for vita in both versions on the store via browser. Had to download it directly from the PS3 (luckily it worked there). Whoever is managing the Diva DLC, thank you for caring so much for this.

emiliano

This appears to be fixed now.

On my download list it is still broken. With all the problems we had until now with this game's DLC, trying to see the bright side, at least they have been honest and fixed the issues in a way or the other. But the frequency of this is something unprecedented for me.

antibolo

Banned
In a way, F 2nd is to F what Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is to the original Super Mario Bros.

It's mostly the same mechanics with new levels and slightly reworked graphics, except they threw away any assumption of fairness and predictability, and just throw mean stuff at you all the time, even early on in the game.

And that's great.

In a way, F 2nd is to F what Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels is to the original Super Mario Bros.

It's mostly the same mechanics with new levels and slightly reworked graphics, except they threw away any assumption of fairness and predictability, and just throw mean stuff at you all the time, even early on in the game.

And that's great.

And I consider the analog stick option as the equivalent of playing as Luigi to jump higher.

TRI Mike

And that's great.

Correct, I can't for the life of me finish the god damed last song on Hard...

jzbluz

The difficulty in F 2nd feels a bit uneven. Normal was hard for me even though I finished Hard in F, but then I have managed to clear a few songs in Extreme in F 2nd while I can't even clear one measly song on F's Extreme.

emiliano

Surely F is more coherent with the difficulty in general, but with all the dlc songs 2nd do have a lot more of variety. Anyway for me a comparison between these two games is pointless, as I play with them both like they where a unique title with a very long song list.

i have grown a lot more comfortable with the controls now and recently I've even completed "Close and Open..." in extreme in just 3 tries. Lately happens that I feel unsatisfied when i get "just" an excellent with more than 2-3 safe on hard.

Zambayoshi

Ah! Well, there it is. They had me worried for a second when they didn't seem to have cocked anything up.

Not only that, but they listed Ha2une Miku module on this week's store update... and it doesn't appear to be there :) I'm starting to feel like the victim in a Monty Python skit at this point...

SimonM7

Not only that, but they listed Ha2une Miku module on this week's store update... and it doesn't appear to be there :) I'm starting to feel like the victim in a Monty Python skit at this point...

Haha :D

Do they put everything on a huge tray and then once it's slid under the door and onto the Playstation Store there's nothing they can do? They stand there with the module and they're like OH WELL MAYBE NEXT WEEK.

antibolo

Banned
I will never understand the first Technical of Extreme Miracle Paint, it feels like the notes are for a completely different song. I can still clear it because it's not that complex anyway, but I usually need a few retries.

SimonM7

I will never understand the first Technical of Extreme Miracle Paint, it feels like the notes are for a completely different song. I can still clear it because it's not that complex anyway, but I usually need a few retries.

Yeah, I think the visual cues are mindfucky on that song, because I know the song by heart and I ggguess I understand what the button prompts want from me, but I still had a lot of difficulty on it.

They're just spaced in an unnecessarily dense and convoluted way. Especially considering there aren't enough notes to warrant cramming them together like they do.

I suppose it makes it.. more challenging though. I feel like 2nd is kinda busy making things appear and feel harder than they actually are, and I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind that. More importantly, it took a lot longer to actually start enjoying some songs, because I needed to basically unpack and untangle them first. I don't feel more "skilled" afterwards, I just felt like liking the game was harder.

antibolo

Banned
The visual cues aren't really weird in that part, it just... doesn't feel like the notes fit the song. I guess I'm not listening to the right background instrument.

SimonM7

The visual cues aren't really weird in that part, it just... doesn't feel like the notes fit the song. I guess I'm not listening to the right background instrument.

Doppleganger has a part that always throws me off for that reason. They want me to do the bass part or something, and it's almost intelligible.

edit: balls, I meant unintelligible, of course. That word is just hogging all the syllables, isn't it.

antibolo

Banned
Doppleganger has a part that always throws me off for that reason. They want me to do the bass part or something, and it's almost intelligible.

I know exactly what part you're talking about, it drives me insane every time. Thankfully they didn't jam a Technical in there.

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
So, I recently picked up a Playstation TV and I'm wondering if anyone else has input lag with their controllers?

I don't mean the audio/video not synced but, there are times when button presses are received incredibly late and at times I won't even hear the button SFX. I've read there can be interference but I've tried both a DS3 and DS4 literally next to the console... TT

At a loss. Any help or suggestions?

antibolo

Banned
So, I recently picked up a Playstation TV and I'm wondering if anyone else has input lag with their controllers?

I don't mean the audio/video not synced but, there are times when button presses are received incredibly late and at times I won't even hear the button SFX. I've read there can be interference but I've tried both a DS3 and DS4 literally next to the console... TT

Try moving your PSTV to a different location. I remember having problems with dropped inputs at first, but then didn't after moving it to a different place in my media center. I think the Bluetooth radio in the PSTV is much weaker than a PS3 or PS4, which can make the connection more sensitive to interference from surrounding devices.

Although for what it's worth when I tested F 2nd on my PSTV it didn't feel right. Compared to the PS3 version the timing felt pretty off. But I'm not exactly sure.

Andrefpvs

Did you go to the game settings to do the timing calibration yet?

Zambayoshi

My strategy of only playing randoms and spotlights (except for Rolling Girl, of course) seems to be paying off. Booted up PDF2nd on the bus the other day and got a totally unexpected Erase or Zero extreme perfect. Previously I kept on getting a safe or two in an early part, just due to my timing being a bit wonky. Seems not playing for a while reset my inner metronome :)

c-murph

My strategy of only playing randoms and spotlights (except for Rolling Girl, of course) seems to be paying off. Booted up PDF2nd on the bus the other day and got a totally unexpected Erase or Zero extreme perfect. Previously I kept on getting a safe or two in an early part, just due to my timing being a bit wonky. Seems not playing for a while reset my inner metronome :)

Geezus. I can barely get perfect on Normal. Only one on Hard.

This is also my strategy, except I've maybe made it halfway through perfects on normal. It feels like they are making me earn every perfect.

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
Try moving your PSTV to a different location. I remember having problems with dropped inputs at first, but then didn't after moving it to a different place in my media center. I think the Bluetooth radio in the PSTV is much weaker than a PS3 or PS4, which can make the connection more sensitive to interference from surrounding devices.

Although for what it's worth when I tested F 2nd on my PSTV it didn't feel right. Compared to the PS3 version the timing felt pretty off. But I'm not exactly sure.

Thing is I have it beneath my monitor and I play at the desk, so, the PSTV is directly in front of me. I think it's just a hardware limitation and it's not really gonna be able to receive perfect inputs from the controller because it's just barely off but just enough to drive me nuts. Thanks for the input though antibolo!

Zambayoshi

Gah! I almost perfected extreme Rolling Girl this morning - got those horrendous triplets alright and then stuffed up by holding a note a little too long after all that. Guess I choked, as I tend to do sometimes when I'm on a perfect run :-(

It's a song I'd really love to perfect as well, such an awesome and moving song :) World's End Dance Hall is another of my favourites (haven't any hope of perfecting that though). Are there any other notable Wowaka songs that people like?

antibolo

Banned
I think Secret Police is also by Wowaka? Definitely one of my favorite songs of the previous game.

I'm rootin' for your eventual victory over Rolling Girl!

It appears the DLC scheduled for today failed to arrive in NA. Per Julian, the update will now occur on 5/5 in the US. Ironically, UK got this batch on time for once.

However, DIVA f/F and DIVA F 2nd (PS3 only) are on sale for PS+ members, at $14.99, $20, and $24.99 respectively. (Non-members, add $5 to those prices.)

I think Secret Police is also by Wowaka? Definitely one of my favorite songs of the previous game.

I'm rootin' for your eventual victory over Rolling Girl!

Secret Police was Buriru-P. The other wowaka song in f/F was Unhappy Refrain.

Zambayoshi

Secret Police was Buriru-P. The other wowaka song in f/F was Unhappy Refrain.

Love that song, but it's another that is just slightly too fast for me, I think. There are some like that, which although mentally I have no problem with them, I cannot physically move my thumbs fast enough. Kagerou Daze is a good example, all those arrow notes... I might be able to do it on the arcade setup, but it is a bit pricey, and as far as I know doesn't work on Vita.

Love that song, but it's another that is just slightly too fast for me, I think. There are some like that, which although mentally I have no problem with them, I cannot physically move my thumbs fast enough. Kagerou Daze is a good example, all those arrow notes... I might be able to do it on the arcade setup, but it is a bit pricey, and as far as I know doesn't work on Vita.

Yeah, the arrow notes in Kagerou Daze are just a little bit too fast for me to hit consistently.

By the way, I think some time ago antibolo asked if anyone tried the DS4 with Project Diva. I did now and it's pretty great. Latency is just as good as with the DS3 but the buttons on the DS4 feel much better and are more clicky. Star notes also work well. Everyone who always thought the DS3 was too mushy should give it a try!

Articalys

Okay, so I keep forgetting how this works each time I get a new batch of the free UI skins.
In my account's download list, there's two entries for each, one with a smaller filesize than the other, and both listed as playable on PS3. Which one do I want to download for PS3?

Jawmuncher

Envy Cat Walk broke my streak of getting excellent on all songs on Normal.
Screw that song, I can't even be bothered to keep trying because it's not very good.

emiliano

Okay, so I keep forgetting how this works each time I get a new batch of the free UI skins.
In my account's download list, there's two entries for each, one with a smaller filesize than the other, and both listed as playable on PS3. Which one do I want to download for PS3?
In general the smaller files are the ones for the PS3.

Vylash

finally got this, i don't know how i feel about the star note combo things, but other than that it's just as good as the first

Julian had some more comments regarding the DLC release glitches over on the Sega forum:

You'd be surprised, actually. Each piece requires a lot of individual image content, separate forms, all sorts of paper work. Then imagine having to do it all for each individual piece of content, and again for each Costume / Song pack. Then doing it every week, then every month, for six months. Then imagine it across a few different territories. It's not a case of upload and walk away, it's been a lot of work to make sure all is as accurate as possible.

We're really happy to get this content out and align with the Japanese release for post launch support. It's been a learning process for all involved, it's been very ambitious to organize and release cross territory.

The good news is that we're always working to update and fix, while our planned releases aren't 100%, we're at a high 90% and always bringing it back up to that 100%. Sorry for any inconvenience, we're working hard to get it sorted.

On an aside, I'm out of room on post #2! orz Future updates are probably going to have to rely on URL shortening.

Zambayoshi

Julian had some more comments regarding the DLC release glitches over on the Sega forum:

I don't feel very sympathetic, to be honest. Anyone who purchased the song pass or costume pass already performed an act of good faith by paying up front for stuff that would be released later on. Complaining that they couldn't get the stuff onto the PSN store because it was time-consuming and/or complicated is pretty weak in my opinon. It is a procedural activity, and if they follow the procedure correctly there shouldn't be any problems. To take it to the extreme, it would be like me complaining to the police after I crash my car, "yes officer, but I drive my car so many times a week and get it right most of the time. It's also quite complicated, I have to watch the road, and my speed and the fuel level, and make sure to get the car serviced regularly. But I really try very hard and want to be a good driver! Sorry for killing that one pedestrian..."

Top Bottom