• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

baekshi

Banned
To use "Edit Mode" and "Edit Play" on the PlayStation®Vita system of Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd, you must first download the "Edit Mode Starter Pack" DLC (free) from PSN℠. A minimum of 900MB of free memory is required on your memory card.

4gb limited retail cart strikes again!

Jindrael

Banned
Do english and japanese version have different trophy lists?

Given that I can apparently import my japanese save to the EU version would I just get all trophies+plat when I import the save?

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Do english and japanese version have different trophy lists?

Given that I can apparently import my japanese save to the EU version would I just get all trophies+plat when I import the save?
They share the same list this time.

Will this game be able to pick up at a bestbuy store today without pre order? When I looked this morning it seems like it needs to be shipped to the store. Want to take advantage of the GCU.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I forgot the subtitles are actually in English this time! It was annoying enough the lyrics were only transliterated, but even worse, I somehow couldn't find any translations online, yet the ESRB was able to know some of the lyrics since they had to give the first game "Mild Lyrics".

....which isn't the case this time, as now we have "alcohol references".....also the suggestive themes are now mild.

Marche90

Shame that apparently they couldn't get the rights to translate Kagerou Daze. That's the only song that remains untranslated in the whole game from what I've read.

Jeez, two more hours until I can go to pick up my copy. The wait is killing me, guys :(

How'd you pre-order the US PSN version?

Watch the videos in the OP, specifically the song preview video.

There isn't a music creation mode, but there is a level creator. You have to provide your own music though, and it's very complicated.

Crap, didnt mean to write down pre-ordered x.x I meant to say i have the money on my account so that i'm ready for it ><
Really hope psn updates early today but it probably wont..

The DLC page on the website kept changing tonight: first it said that the AR Live songs are free for 39 days in Europe, then in both the US and Europe, and now not free at all anywhere. Which makes sense, given that it was the Amazon preorder bonus.

However, skins are free for the first 39 days, following how it was done in Japan.

It also briefly said the Americana module was available in Japan, which it is not... and claims all screenshots are from the Japanese version, which they clearly aren't.

Looks like things are sorted out, unless the release date for the AR Live/Live Studio stuff is still off. Seems odd that something that was a retailer preorder bonus is also purchaseable day one. I already have my code from Amazon, but I'll be waiting until I have the game to try it out.

matmanx1

Had this pre-ordered for a while now but probably won't get to spend much time with it. Still I am extremely glad that SEGA is supporting Miku in the West and I hope that the series has a long and happy life over here.

Busaiku

Man, I suck at this game.
Can't even beat Doppleganger on Normal.
I think the screen moving a lot isn't helping, but portability is great.

Busaiku

Haha, I'm not new to this though.
Though it's been 2 years, I still did play Project Diva F.

I never could do most Extremes, beyond my favorite songs.
I couldn't do Rin-chan Now on Hard either.

ChrisD

I made it halfway through Rin-chan once. Then I paused and left. I like Vocaloid, but that constant, high-pitched repetition is too much for me. I don't think that will ever change. =L

Yuuichi

Rin-Chan now is a scourge that never should have been created, the expert chart exists to dump a stupid amount of gimmicks into an already annoying song.

The only thing not shit about that song is the PV, if you've actually watched it and can read it it's pretty funny.

Rin-Chan now is a scourge that never should have been created, the expert chart exists to dump a stupid amount of gimmicks into an already annoying song.

The only thing not shit about that song is the PV, if you've actually watched it and can read it it's pretty funny.
And yet somehow I managed to get Perfect on Expert. Meanwhile I can't quite get NegaPosi...

ShadiWulf

Haha, I'm not new to this though.
Though it's been 2 years, I still did play Project Diva F.

I never could do most Extremes, beyond my favorite songs.
I couldn't do Rin-chan Now on Hard either.

You've been playing this on the PS3 yes? I was pretty bad at the game until I started playing it on Vita, too.

Just keep at it. You'll get better. If you're using the control sticks for the star notes i'd recommend trying another control method if that isnt working out for you. I know most people hate the touch controls, but you never know until you try. I personally prefer using the touchscreen. I tried using the sticks for F2nd and it just doesn't feel right on Vita. That might be because I've played Project Diva f so much though.

Yasumi

Banned
Wow, it comes with a Weiss Schwartz card? Neat.
Edit: These first few songs are way more intense than the early PDF songs were on normal.

8RgxJid.png

Wow, great feature! I'll definitely make use of this tutorial.

Seriously, this is fantastic. I was working my way through the Extreme songs in the last game and just hit a wall. An official thing to give tips and let me practice them is much appreciated.

Caladrius

I hope I can use Cross-save to overwrite my JP version's data. I didn't unlock all the costumes from the first game and Nostalogic is permanently burned into my auditory cortex so I'd prefer not to grind for everything again. (DP grinding is much slower F 2nd, so I'd prefer not to grind the 3 million DP in that game either.)

Getting the PS3 version, will snag the Vita version later. Too bad I can't start playing until Christmas.

Just a quick question. Can you transfer data from the PS3 version of Project Diva F to the Vita version of this? I've tried the demo of the first and don't like using the touch screen for notes so I wanted to get the PS3 version of F and then get the Vita version of this.

No Idea, sadly. I'm guessing not.

F2nd does let you use the sticks on Vita though.

So are the Song Club and Costume Club going to show up on the PSN December 9th as well? I want to get in on at least the song club right away. Not sure yet if I'm willing to spend more than the game itself on costumes, though...

bigkrev

Do we know how many DLC songs are going to be released? If it's only 10, I'll just a la carte the ones I like, but otherwise, I want that Song Pass

ShadiWulf

Do we know how many DLC songs are going to be released? If it's only 10, I'll just a la carte the ones I like, but otherwise, I want that Song Pass

from SEGA's blog:

Fans who purchase the Song Club (MSRP US $29.99/€ 24.99/£ 19.99) will receive every single Rhythm Game Song published in the upcoming months, well over ten songs in total, while the Costume Club (MSRP US$ 69.99/€ 49.99/£ 39.99) will feature more than 45 costumes (modules). Regularly priced at MSRP $2.99 (€ 2.49/£ 1.99) per song and MSRP $1.99 (€ 1.49/£ 1.19) per module, the Costume Club and Song Club offer more than 25% savings for fans who want to own every piece of upcoming content. Both will be available for purchase on PlayStation Network starting with game’s launch on November 18, 2014. All add-on content packs are scheduled to be released by June 2015.

Since the pack is 29.99$ with a supposed 25% saving there should be AT LEAST 13/14 songs (14*2.99$ is 41.86$, which then gets to ~31$ with a 25% discount). We still don't have an official number though.

Speaking of DLCs, I hope they'll add Meiko V3's module. It was already added in Future Tone (Nostalogic alert if you don't like the song), and since both Miku and Kaito have their V3 outfits in the game I don't see why Meiko couldn't get one.
Chances are Luka might get one too since her V3 outfit reveal might happen this week.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
At least 14 if my math is correct. $3 (rounded) for one song, $30 for all of them. If their "You&#8217;ll save more than 25% compared to individual purchases!" statement is true then...
$42 (14 songs) * 0.75 = $31,50.
$39 (13 songs) * 0.75 = $29,25.

Yasumi

Banned
Is it in the case for US copies? Take a picture of it!
Yep, it's the AR marker. I'm Canadian, but I assume it's in US copies too. Also an honest to god instruction manual in a Vita game.
Two pages for each language, a warning, and notes pages. Better than nothing.
RHOZmuh.jpg

ZeroAKA

Yep, it's the AR marker. I'm Canadian, but I assume it's in US copies too. Also an honest to god instruction manual in a Vita game.
Two pages for each language, a warning, and notes pages. Better than nothing.
Wow, I might have to double dip on the physical PS3 version now.

Astarte

How does transfer even work? It keeps saying that I don't have save data when I clearly have data from the Japanese copy

Top Bottom