• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, just entered Segabit's contest for a code. Hope to win so I don't have to wait for a sale.

How are the trophies this time around? Basically similar to the first game? It felt slightly grindy at times with getting the modules (thank goodness for the challenges to earn more points) and the events with multiple variations.

ShadiWulf

Help, just entered Segabit's contest for a code. Hope to win so I don't have to wait for a sale.

How are the trophies this time around? Basically similar to the first game? It felt slightly grindy at times with getting the modules (thank goodness for the challenges to earn more points) and the events with multiple variations.

I haven't looked super closely at the trophies, but they seem almost identical from a quick glance.

Marche90

EvzcW6x.jpg

:D

Jawmuncher

I'd put up with 4 hours as opposed to not getting it at all.
Snowing like crazy here and i'm not braving this and a possible wreck for some miku.

ShadiWulf

Malick[AI];139427065 said:
Is the input lag on PS3 any better in this game than the last?

The old way of setting the input lag options is still there. there is also a new user friendly calibration mode in both the PS3 and Vita versions. I'm not sure why the PS3 still has the old mode if just the new calibration mode is enough or whatever. I find it all confusing, but yeah. It seems like its probably easier to set then in the first PS3 game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I haven't looked super closely at the trophies, but they seem almost identical from a quick glance.
Hmm, looking at the trophy guide at PlaystationTrophies, seems like it, but the unlock requirements appear to have been made harder/more grindy, especially for furniture and such.

macklelol

Welp, just entered Segabit's contest for a code. Hope to win so I don't have to wait for a sale.

Trophies are a lot more grindy to get, mainly the Diva Room stuff. Expect to take around 50-60 hours to get the platinum.

Picked up my copy today, time to figure out how to get my save imported.

Is there a difference between getting this on ps3 vs using the pstv for the vita version?

Besides lower picture quality, only the main rhythm game is supported; features like the AR and Diva Rooms might not function correctly as those are very touchscreen dependent on Vita.

Marche90

I only managed to play a single song (normal and hard modes), since I had to go to my afternoon classes, sadly. Still, being able to play Melt again felt so good~

I only got an excellent in the hard version because I missed once, but I'm not complaining: I got the 39 GET title due to missing that single note. At least I don't have to worry about getting that title anymore, since I've heard that it is an annoying one to get.

antibolo

Banned
Woah, the Vita version is 3.0GB. And that's without the Edit Mode add-on.

I thought the Japanese version was only 2.2GB or so, but maybe I remember wrong. I had the retail version anyway. But I definitely want the digital version of the localized game so I can keep it on my Vita permanently.

Gonna have to delete a bunch of stuff tonight!

Speaking of which, I reaaaallly need to sell off my Japanese versions while they are still worth something...

antibolo

Banned
Vita version owners, how are the graphics compared to PDf? Are they still sub-native resolution?

I am pretty sure they're still sub-native (I'm not very good at seeing this kind of thing) but there's still a significant improvement in the graphics, I think they ported over some of the PS3 effects over to the Vita in the sequel.

antibolo

Banned
So uh, did we get any confirmation that we're going to get the Mikudayo module? It appears missing from the "costume club" picture so I'm a bit worried. I think I'll keep my Japanese PS3 version until then, just in case.

Andrefpvs

I am pretty sure they're still sub-native (I'm not very good at seeing this kind of thing) but there's still a significant improvement in the graphics, I think they ported over some of the PS3 effects over to the Vita in the sequel.

Thanks. I liked the graphics in PDf, but after seeing the PS3 version, it's hard to not want a little more!

So uh, did we get any confirmation that we're going to get the Mikudayo module? It appears missing from the "costume club" picture so I'm a bit worried. I think I'll keep my Japanese PS3 version until then, just in case.

It's right there in the costume club description!

2e432c2ce3.png

Evilmaus

Just got my pre-order in for the Vita version. It'll be waiting for me when I get home from work on Friday. Really can't wait. I imported the Japanese version of the first one and it was a blast!

Extra Character Pack is DLC again, so it doesn't transfer through your save. It is supposed to be free if you own it for the first game: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...pack/cid=UP0177-PCSE00434_00-PJDF2DLCNHT39002

That said, I'm still trying to figure out how to download it for free. Anyone?

Cross-Game DLC for PSN is always weird.

If it doesn't automatically say free, you could try and redownload the first game's Extra Character Pack DLC and see if that automatically gives you this game's set or lets you download it for free.

Or maybe this game automatically detects it.

This was the new releases display at GameStop:

CzANEp3.jpg

Also, can anyone help me with the linked star notes? Do I not lift my finger from the screen till they're done? Is that what I'm supposed to do?

They are literally just normal scratches, just presented and scored differently. They are difficult to read because the speed at which the star travels along the path can and will vary without warning. I think it's unambiguously the worst gameplay element that has ever been introduced to the series - I've been complaining about it ever since the game was released in Japan and really think it needs to be dropped if the series is to survive.

Top Bottom