• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

I have the feeling that ODDS&ENDS is a bit off-sync as well. Anyone else?

KharmaPolice said:
Can confirm. Same with NegaPosi. Timing is hit or miss with the Diva F songs. Does anyone know if this is exclusive to the PS4 version or if Arcade suffers the same problem?

I dont clearly remember I dont think I have off-sync problem with these songs. Are you playing in a TV or monitor? (I am playing with a monitor)

Afaik Extra Extreme is not necessarily harder than Extreme. Some of the older songs didn't include slide notes, since those were introduced later and Extra Extreme basically added one Extreme version with slide notes for those songs.

Thanks. Will try again later.

Which trophies are you having problems with? I am only missing the "Clear all songs" trophies as well as the PV Mode trophies.

All these:
4WbriTp.jpg

d9By79J.jpg

d9By79J.jpg

Image translate from google translate result is not clear enough. What should I actually do?

Zhao_Yun

Image translate from google translate result is not clear enough. What should I actually do?

1) Perform a combo of at least 39 on any song in Practice Mode
2) Use the recommended module + 1 customize item on a song
3) Clear all Future Sound songs on any difficulty
4) View the PVs of 39 Future Sound songs
5) Take at least one screenshot on 39 Future Sound Songs
6) Clear all Colorful Tone songs on any difficulty
7) View the PVs of 39 Colorful Tone songs
8) Take at least one screenshot on 39 Colorful Tone Songs

The timin for Odds & Ends was super off for me the first time I played it, but after restarting the song it was suddenly fine.

Actually tired it 3 times already and it still seems a bit off to me. :(

Yeah it was strange. Maybe I just imagined things.

Just tried it twice and it was off both times. The "Cool" timing is quite a bit later than the music.

In my first two tries I went from 55% to 90% so something definitely changed.

1) Perform a combo of at least 39 on any song in Practice Mode
2) Use the recommended module + 1 customize item on a song
3) Clear all Future Sound songs on any difficulty
4) View the PVs of 39 Future Sound songs
5) Take at least one screenshot on 39 Future Sound Songs
6) Clear all Colorful Tone songs on any difficulty
7) View the PVs of 39 Colorful Tone songs
8) Take at least one screenshot on 39 Colorful Tone Songs

Nice, thank you.

EDIT: Oh noes I have to play all those ~220 PVs :O

EDIT 2: Sorry I dont saw the 39, lol. Time to sleep. 02.09am here

Yeah it was strange. Maybe I just imagined things.

Just tried it twice and it was off both times. The "Cool" timing is quite a bit later than the music.

In my first two tries I went from 55% to 90% so something definitely changed.

I just booted my PS4 again and play odds&ends and negaposi but I dont feel any off sync.

May be a rare glitch. Today I also had a glitch in the game but only once; loading music Sakura no Ame is very long and loading animation has stutter. Then I simply reboot PS4, everything back to normal (my ps4 is close to day 1 edition, 3 y/o).

May be a rare glitch. Today I also had a glitch in the game but only once; loading music Sakura no Ame is very long and loading animation has stutter. Then I simply reboot PS4, everything back to normal (my ps4 is close to day 1 edition, 3 y/o).

I had that loading bug as well once. I'll try rebooting later and see what happens to the timing.

EDIT: Pane dhiria might be the worst vocaloid song ever

I just booted my PS4 again and play odds&ends and negaposi but I dont feel any off sync.

I had the same glitch on Sakura no Ame. Too many cherry blossoms to load I guess!

question

which is the max percentage per song you can get? 100%? 125%?

i just got 100.36% with "Decorator"

is 125% the limit? like with Diva X i guess?

Kumubou

question

which is the max percentage per song you can get? 100%? 125%?

i just got 100.36% with "Decorator"

is 125% the limit? like with Diva X i guess?
To my knowledge, it's the same as how the Project Mirai games work: the baseline is 100% (all cools and a full combo) but there are some things (like certain holds) that aren't factored in initially, so it's possible to get over 100%. This is a thing with Sega's music-rhythm games, as MaiMai and Chunithim do the same thing as well via similar rules.

The one thing I haven't figured out is why some holds in some songs increase your achievement rate and others don't.

Luigi87

Got my lag set to -10 and all seems to be good. When I mess up I know it's me at fault and not the lag, which has increased my enjoyment of the game so much.

Now to tackle one of my main issues - long runs of notes in succession, not the super quick ones but the ones that appear 'xxxxxxx', I'm okay up to 4 or 5 notes, after that my timing goes to hell!

Hm, decided to set myself to -10 and I definitely am hitting more Cools over Fines now.

I only wish some of my favs from Mirai DX were in this game because I don't enjoy playing that very much

Reverse Rainbow
Koneko no Payapaya
1,2 Fanclub
LOL

with some proper charts would be awesome

Are those even in the arcade version?

ezodagrom

I only wish some of my favs from Mirai DX were in this game because I don't enjoy playing that very much

Reverse Rainbow
Koneko no Payapaya
1,2 Fanclub
LOL

with some proper charts would be awesome

Are those even in the arcade version?

According to the Project DIVA wiki, none of them are in the arcade version with no planned release.

I have a similar disappointment, except with 1925, Happy Synthesizer, Animal Fortunetelling, and Do Re Mi Fa Rondo as those are my favorites from DX.

Is this fixable by changing the timings in menus / do you think someone will make a general time settings guideline if so?
I'm not going to adjust the global timing offset for specific songs.

I've read elsewhere that fully restarting the PS4 and running FT without task switching to anything else seems to improve things, but the problem will recur if you switch to another app. Haven't been home to test this yet.

Luigi87

I'm not going to adjust the global timing offset for specific songs.

I've read elsewhere that fully restarting the PS4 and running FT without task switching to anything else seems to improve things, but the problem will recur if you switch to another app. Haven't been home to test this yet.
Hmm yeah being global timing would make it too much of a headache and I can't argue that they should add individual, since that would make zero sense logically. Oh well... Hope for outcry and a patch I guess.

So what is the possibility of any of these songs being DLC?

Far Away (Project DIVA EDIT)
Reverse Rainbow
Koneko no Payapaya
1,2 Fanclub
LOL
Happy Synthesizer
DoReMiFa Rondo

Was disappointed not to see any of those in this game. Licensing?

Kumubou

Reverse Rainbow
Koneko no Payapaya
1,2 Fanclub
LOL
Happy Synthesizer
DoReMiFa Rondo

0% if they're not in the arcade version, a decent chance that they would be added as DLC later on if they were added recently (as the game uses the arcade version's song list from about four months ago) or get added later (until Sega drops support for that version of Project Diva completely, anyway -- which may be soon as AM2 typically doesn't port games home until they are done supporting them.

ezodagrom

Reverse Rainbow
Koneko no Payapaya
1,2 Fanclub
LOL
Happy Synthesizer
DoReMiFa Rondo

If there is DLC, they'll probably start with the recently released arcade songs that didn't make it to the PS4 version, which are Age Age Again, Cendrillon, Adolescence and Shake It.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WeSCtFtn9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rpuWvJuXsw

They usually have a trailer for new songs that are added to arcade on the official youtube channel with "【Project DIVA Arcade】" in the video title.
https://www.youtube.com/user/pjdsega/videos

Happy Synthesizer involves GUMI, which pretty much makes it off limits.

There are currently six songs in Arcade not in PS4 FT. Two of them (Saturation and Kagamine Hachi-Hachi Hana no Kassen) could not be relicensed, and the rest are simply the newest to be added. miyuki tells me there is a plan in place to keep updating PS4 FT but there are no details yet.

The one weird thing about the DLC is it's going to feel so insignificant unless they dump at LEAST 5 songs on us at once. You just can't compete with the 224 song game we just got.

Many of the Mirai DX songs mentioned are indeed out the window because of GUMI.

1, 2 Fanclub's viable, but only if it's GIGA-P's Miku/Len version (that's the one in DIVA X), and it depends if it comes to the Arcade version.
...which it probably won't. Pretty sure the focus now is on porting Mirai DX songs, and Mirai DX uses the Rin/GUMI 1,2 Fanclub.

muteki

Stupid scoring question:

I'm guessing a &#36948;&#25104;&#29575; of <80% is standard, <90% is great, and >90% is excellent. What does 100% represent?

All notes Cool/Fine, or does Hold play a factor? If you were to "perfect" a song the old fashioned way, but never held a note down, would you get 100% or less? I realize more than 100% is possible with holding/max hold, but I'm curious what I should be considering risk/reward wise when dealing with hold notes.

Also ~3 hours in I've only done 50 hard songs or so with not too many repeats. Ahhhh!

Stupid scoring question:

I'm guessing a &#36948;&#25104;&#29575; of <80% is standard, <90% is great, and >90% is excellent. What does 100% represent?

All notes Cool/Fine, or does Hold play a factor? If you were to "perfect" a song the old fashioned way, but never held a note down, would you get 100% or less? I realize more than 100% is possible with holding/max hold, but I'm curious what I should be considering risk/reward wise when dealing with hold notes.

Also ~3 hours in I've only done 50 hard songs or so with not too many repeats. Ahhhh!

So far I've gotten perfect scores (no miss, only fine and cool) without hitting the 100%, I think in two songs, some other are around 100% and 102% but no perfect, just excellent, the longer you hold those notes, the higher the % goes, so I guess the percentage represent that, when you get 100% you got the maximum amount of points available without holds, I believe it is possible to hit 100% with a perfect, all cools, no fines or any other, and if you get hold points, They would go from 100.01% onwards

I'm not sure which is the limit, the only limit I know is the rank limit which is I believe 36, but as as scores go, I don't believe you need a perfect to go beyond 100% when you use holds of course, if you don't, all hits must be "cool"..

This is because the whole score (notes and holds) are tied to the percentage, so it would make sense that the bonus score you get for every hold is added after the 100% of the score you can get if you were to get only "cools"

It's kinda weird

So far I've gotten perfect scores (no miss, only fine and cool) without hitting the 100%, I think in two songs, some other are around 100% and 102% but no perfect, just excellent, the longer you hold those notes, the higher the % goes, so I guess the percentage represent that, when you get 100% you got the maximum amount of points available without holds, I believe it is possible to hit 100% with a perfect, all cools, no fines or any other, and if you get hold points, They would go from 100.01% onwards

I'm not sure which is the limit, the only limit I know is the level limit which is I believe 36, but as as scores go, I don't believe you need a perfect to go beyond 100% when you use holds of course, if you don't, all hits must be "cool"..

This is because the whole score (notes and holds) are tied to the percentage, so it would make sense that the bonus score you get for every hold is added after the 100% of the score you can get if you were to get only "cools"

It's kinda weird
I've given up thinking about how these games actually arrive at scores and instead just imagine the vocaloid crew in a circle feverishly punching numbers into their calculators.

I've given up thinking about how these games actually arrive at scores and instead just imagine the vocaloid crew in a circle feverishly punching numbers into their calculators.

Hahahahahaha
At this point I kinda wish it were like that

V-crew :"You got 3 misses and...50 cools and... mm.. *breaks the calculator*... I'll give 87% and that's it"

Me: "But why!?"

V-crew : "87% AND THAT'S IT!"

I started playing this song and then some weird shit started to happen in the videoclip. Immediately I stopped playing and switched to PV Mode to watch more closely... Now I'm very confused. What the heck did I just watch?

Luigi87

Keep working on that timing! Fine percentage is kinda high. More consistent timing leads to more consistent full combos :3

Timing is without a doubt the biggest problem I have (at least for simple charts). I feel like my mind sometimes can't reconcile to push to the rhythm or to the arrow on the note x_x

Bebpo

Banned
What's a good site to host screenshots for posting here? I used to have a photobucket account to do that but discontinued it years ago. Had a lot of fun today taking screens, got some good shots.

XaosWolf

I thought it wasn't translated because of the gruesome lyrics.

But we have 'This is the Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee'... =O

I defintely recall them having licencing issues with it though and also reading that the guy who wrote it didn't want it translated for whatever reason.

Didn't that one have some weird legal issues, like the fact Sega wasn't allowed to have English translations for the US version for F/f 2nd?

IIRC, Sega had to get every artist to approve the English translations of their songs and Jin was too busy with Kagerou Project to approve it.

Top Bottom