• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Jhn

I came here specifically to ask if anyone felt that the timings for negaposi and odds&ends were completely borked or if it was just me.
Glad to see I'm not crazy.

Tried Odds & Ends after a restart and its still off. My usual lag adjustment is -20 and I had to go all the way to +60 to make it feel right

EDIT same adjustment worked for freely tomorrow

Zhao_Yun

Stupid scoring question:

I'm guessing a &#36948;&#25104;&#29575; of <80% is standard, <90% is great, and >90% is excellent. What does 100% represent?

All notes Cool/Fine, or does Hold play a factor? If you were to "perfect" a song the old fashioned way, but never held a note down, would you get 100% or less? I realize more than 100% is possible with holding/max hold, but I'm curious what I should be considering risk/reward wise when dealing with hold notes.

Also ~3 hours in I've only done 50 hard songs or so with not too many repeats. Ahhhh!

My record has been 103,8% until now. I think Hold Notes only contribute to the %score as long as your combo hasn't broken yet. Once it is broken it still gives bonus points but no Bonus percentage anymore.

macklelol

My record has been 103,8% until now. I think Hold Notes only contribute to the %score as long as your combo hasn't broken yet. Once it is broken it still gives bonus points but no Bonus percentage anymore.

Holds still gives bonus percentage even if you break your combo, but at a reduced rate. It goes up really slow if you're playing poorly.

As for best percentages, I'm pretty sure I got a 105% on a song, can't remember which one though.

I came here specifically to ask if anyone felt that the timings for negaposi and odds&ends were completely borked or if it was just me.
Glad to see I'm not crazy.

Played NegaPosi twenty times yesterday and I didn't feel any lag.

Also, I didn't feel timing issues at all during my sessions and my lag adjustment is 0 right now.

Refna

Holds still gives bonus percentage even if you break your combo, but at a reduced rate. It goes up really slow if you're playing poorly.

As for best percentages, I'm pretty sure I got a 105% on a song, can't remember which one though.

Saw some youtube videos and some of the songs can go as high as 106%+
but talking about highest % is pointless, it is different for each song

btw, is anyone completionist here like me?
got all easy perfect
only 30 songs to go on normal to get all perfect there !

I honestly don't bother with the lower difficulties, especially for this game where they're not even included in the leaderboards. If I start playing competitively I'll probably only do so on Extreme and Extra Extreme.

muteki

I'll think I just try and perfect a song, while intentionally not holding any notes, to see where my score ends up.

Sorry if someone has already asked this earlier, but is it possible to turn off all button and slider sounds in Prelude? If so, how? There are a lot of sfx to choose from but I can't seem to find the option to make them silent.

Also, I want to buy both packs later in the week, but I wanted to ask how good/early the Asia region is at getting DLC. Getting the Asia version seems to be cheaper and I'd get the themes, but DLC is a dealbreaker, so I'd rather get the JP version if the Asia version tends to get DLC really late (or doesn't get it at all).

Sorry if someone has already asked this earlier, but is it possible to turn off all button and slider sounds in Prelude? If so, how? There are a lot of sfx to choose from but I can't seem to find the option to make them silent.

While playing a song, pause the game and select the third option. Now set the SFX slider (second slider, if I'm not mistaken) to 0.

Beat all songs on Hard. Now the real Future Tone begins.

Another bummer: World End's Dancehall doesn't have the awesome PV from Diva F

Also, I want to buy both packs later in the week, but I wanted to ask how good/early the Asia region is at getting DLC. Getting the Asia version seems to be cheaper and I'd get the themes, but DLC is a dealbreaker, so I'd rather get the JP version if the Asia version tends to get DLC really late (or doesn't get it at all).

Asia can be hit or miss for DLC afaik. I guess it depends on the publisher and I don't know how SEGA is, but I would go with JP.

I'll think I just try and perfect a song, while intentionally not holding any notes, to see where my score ends up.

I've thought about doing this and just worrying about mastering holding as a final step, but I don't want to get fucked over and realize I should've integrated it from the start.

Decisions, decisions...

Saw some youtube videos and some of the songs can go as high as 106%+
but talking about highest % is pointless, it is different for each song

btw, is anyone completionist here like me?
got all easy perfect
only 30 songs to go on normal to get all perfect there !

This sounds like the worst chore.

...but then again I would probably do it if it was a trophy for the platinum.

Refna

The triple notes are really killing me...
I think I will try binding square+circle and triangle+cross on L2 and R2

The triple notes are really killing me...
I think I will try binding square+circle and triangle+cross on L2 and R2

I put circle + X on R1 and triangle + square on L1 a few hours ago and it works for me so far. Pressing two buttons with one thumb is the most difficult thing to do quickly and accurately so that already helps a lot. Triple notes are then only one shoulder + one face button and there are only 4 possible combinations.

muteki

I've thought about doing this and just worrying about mastering holding as a final step, but I don't want to get fucked over and realize I should've integrated it from the start.

Decisions, decisions...
Eh, I should be able to do Packaged in just a few tries.

My suspicion is the hold score does factor into your success% (and therefore rating) and that the amount is variable per song based on the potential score contained in that chart's hold notes.

Which would kinda be a bummer, because there are many scenarios where the ds4 controller is a disadvantage over the arcade controller, and there are others where you would need to weigh the point difference of "do I continue this hold and miss a note, or stop the hold to keep the combo going?" (maybe that answer is obvious, I don't know. Is it possible for an excellent score to be higher than a perfect?)

Which is an interesting trade-off from an academic perspective, but is more an exercise in memorization than pure rhythm skill.

I should stop worrying about this and practice more...my scores are pretty crap either way...

Bebpo

Banned
My biggest pet peeve with the game at this point is there's no button to skip to "recommended" outfit for each song (aka the outfit that is supposed to go with the music video). Scrolling through 150 Miku outfits looking for the "recommended" tag before each song is a bit annoying! But I enjoy watching the videos a lot more when I have the outfits that go with them.

Also despite 220 songs I'm still not liking the tracklist as much as the Diva X one. Nothing I've found is on the level of Slow Motion or Calc and Kaito doesn't have any songs as great as Urotander which is the best. But then I'm feeling that's likely because with only 30 songs, the songs grew on me, whereas with 220 songs I keep moving from song to song and they're not growing on me. I'm sure I'll really like some of these songs in a few months. Right now I like Remocon & Interview.

(maybe that answer is obvious, I don't know. Is it possible for an excellent score to be higher than a perfect?)

evidently yes, a quadruple hold gives you 2400 points a second with a max hold bonus of 6000 while a single note combo drop loses you 8000 points. so it seems very scenario-dependent and imo not even worth worrying about lol. i'm certainly not going to be playing at a level where that makes a difference any time soon

Zhao_Yun

My biggest pet peeve with the game at this point is there's no button to skip to "recommended" outfit for each song (aka the outfit that is supposed to go with the music video). Scrolling through 150 Miku outfits looking for the "recommended" tag before each song is a bit annoying! But I enjoy watching the videos a lot more when I have the outfits that go with them.

Try R2+L2. ;)

Screens!

GZhY1UF.jpg
yElyWRY.jpg

bsnqEc1.jpg
S0lssgW.jpg

NY9xj59.jpg
nKaWSs5.jpg

TtQKuo8.jpg
8csyKsM.jpg

59h1c5r.jpg
QiH1CTd.jpg

EBx46Z9.jpg
raGZbQQ.jpg

QZ2C7fb.jpg
vPWOe1g.jpg

xHzeCjz.jpg
ScfV8O1.jpg

xW2ZkID.jpg
unqbMKB.jpg

I'll never understand why Sega doesn't just toss these out left and right before release. Game looks gorgeous!

Also despite 220 songs I'm still not liking the tracklist as much as the Diva X one. Nothing I've found is on the level of Slow Motion or Calc and Kaito doesn't have any songs as great as Urotander which is the best. But then I'm feeling that's likely because with only 30 songs, the songs grew on me, whereas with 220 songs I keep moving from song to song and they're not growing on me. I'm sure I'll really like some of these songs in a few months. Right now I like Remocon & Interview.

I go through this same cycle with every Miku game: play through the game once, be disappointed the track list isn't as good as the last game I played, play more and more and suddenly all the songs have grown on me tenfold. It's just going to take longer to get there with Future Tone! And anyway, I'm not even 66% of the way through and I'm already in love with a couple of songs that are new to me. Hato and Oha-yo-del! are going to be in my head for a while.

SimonM7

I'm going loopy trying to figure out if Shake It is in this version of the game. Somebody please just tell me. *lying helpless on ground*

I'm going loopy trying to figure out if Shake It is in this version of the game. Somebody please just tell me. *lying helpless on ground*

Not in the game, probably because it was only recently released on arcade along with a couple other songs that are also not in PS4 version.

Bebpo

Banned
I go through this same cycle with every Miku game: play through the game once, be disappointed the track list isn't as good as the last game I played, play more and more and suddenly all the songs have grown on me tenfold. It's just going to take longer to get there with Future Tone! And anyway, I'm not even 66% of the way through and I'm already in love with a couple of songs that are new to me. Hato and Oha-yo-del! are going to be in my head for a while.

Yeah, I say that but then I look at the songs I've hearted and there's already an impressive track list of good tunes adding up.

And anyway, I'm not even 66% of the way through and I'm already in love with a couple of songs that are new to me. Hato and Oha-yo-del! are going to be in my head for a while.

Glad to see someone else is enjoying Hato, that's been one of my favourites since the original PD but it never gets much love. I was so glad when I booted the song up on Hard and saw the note pattern was virtually the same as I remembered.

The more i play , the more i get accustomed to the 'arcade system' and the scoring . i've finally decided to indeed put L2 with the 4buttons shortcut. ..it really help a lot . i've also decided to put some shortcuts to help with the more annoying combos. I'm also finding the right moments for the Holding notes.

Game is still such a collossal challenge. i might not have played half of the songs yet.

Bebpo

Banned
One question I have about the Miku franchise in general is why do all these artists end their names with P?

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
I'm having this half-baked idea to buy a pre-wired Brook PCB and using it for my DJ Dao SDVX controller.

L+R would be the FX keys for the slides. I don't think the knobs would work since they don't have the same wiring as the buttons and on the PC they're mouse X/Y movements.

Anyone experienced enough to give some input if this would work?

rpmurphy

Man, playing with a DS gets awkward playing some of these songs. Like [Extreme] Kokoro's hold notes forces me to hold the controller in a weird way, since the D-pad input is not great when I'm already holding down one of the directions so I end up doing three on face buttons. I might end up waiting to play extreme difficulty until I have a good setup with my Miku controller(s)...

Luigi87

I'm having this half-baked idea to buy a pre-wired Brook PCB and using it for my DJ Dao SDVX controller.

L+R would be the FX keys for the slides. I don't think the knobs would work since they don't have the same wiring as the buttons and on the PC they're mouse X/Y movements.

The main issue, as StarCreator addressed to me prior to me coming up with a template for my own controller I plan to make, is you need four buttons for the slide notes, as some songs require two slides in the same direction, so only replacing the two FX buttons wouldn't be enough unfortunately.

Kumubou

You're going to get clipped by double swipes in the same direction -- they would just not be possible under such a setup. That and menu navigation would be a pain in the ass (but that may not be an issue if the game still lets you use any controller that's plugged in, like the older PS3 games do).

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
The main issue, as StarCreator addressed to me prior to me coming up with a template for my own controller I plan to make, is you need four buttons for the slide notes, as some songs require two slides in the same direction, so only replacing the two FX buttons wouldn't be enough unfortunately.

You're going to get clipped by double swipes in the same direction -- they would just not be possible under such a setup. That and menu navigation would be a pain in the ass (but that may not be an issue if the game still lets you use any controller that's plugged in, like the older PS3 games do).

I'm embarrassed to say that totally slipped my mind. I guess if I can get the knobs to work then I think I'd almost have a working controller. Other than menu navigation issues... Hmm

Luigi87

I'm embarrassed to say that totally slipped my mind. I guess if I can get the knobs to work then I think I'd almost have a working controller. Other than menu navigation issues... Hmm

Yeah, I'm just wondering how the knobs work.
I know that middle wire is the ground, but the left and right ones, are those based on the direction you turn the knob? I mean if so one could theoretically map them to R2/L2, or Left/Right on the analog stick, but the problem I see is that I imagine input is only being read while the turning is in effect (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm unfamiliar with how those function), which would be rather tedious to have to keep turning during long slides. I mean if you turn and they reset position when you let go, that would actually be great.

Yeah, I'm just wondering how the knobs work.
I know that middle wire is the ground, but the left and right ones, are those based on the direction you turn the knob? I mean if so one could theoretically map them to R2/L2, or Left/Right on the analog stick, but the problem I see is that I imagine input is only being read while the turning is in effect (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm unfamiliar with how those function), which would be rather tedious to have to keep turning during long slides. I mean if you turn and they reset position when you let go, that would actually be great.
Most SDVX controllers use quadrature encoders (though AC encoders use something a bit different). Not exactly something you could plug into a circuit expecting on/off switching only. They don't reset position at the end of a turn, but honestly requiring constant motion for slides is closer to what the arcade game expects players to do anyway. The current holding button/stick in place feels like cheating in comparison.

If we only knew what black magic Brook has that lets them develop PS4 boards with no authentication hijinks, then we could probably get djdao or zyp to implement native PS4 support for these controllers.

muteki

Just an idea, but if you don't get penalized for double-swiping a single swipe, you could stick to two buttons just each to two inputs. L1+L2 to one button, R1+R2 to another.

Luigi87

Most SDVX controllers use quadrature encoders (though AC encoders use something a bit different). Not exactly something you could plug into a circuit expecting on/off switching only. They don't reset position at the end of a turn, but honestly requiring constant motion for slides is closer to what the arcade game expects players to do anyway. The current holding button/stick in place feels like cheating in comparison.

If we only knew what black magic Brook has that lets them develop PS4 boards with no authentication hijinks, then we could probably get djdao or zyp to implement native PS4 support for these controllers.

Ah, that's what I wasn't sure of (I've never used that kind of controller before) and I have no idea how Encoders in general function.

And yeah, it would be nice (if only because it would also open the market more to than just Brook)... But until then, well I'll have to get a Brook board myself eventually I guess.

Really enjoying it so far with two caveats all which are completely personal

1. Dialing in lag settings has been not great and I still feel off.

2. Going to DS4 from playing almost exclusivity on Vita is really hard. I need some clicky buttons. I also feel like there is some weird interference that is making some of my presses not register. I moved to my computer monitor to try and better my lag situation and noticed an improvement from when I was playing in my living room. Super weird.

Really enjoying it so far with two caveats all which are completely personal

1. Dialing in lag settings has been not great and I still feel off.

2. Going to DS4 from playing almost exclusivity on Vita is really hard. I need some clicky buttons. I also feel like there is some weird interference that is making some of my presses not register. I moved to my computer monitor to try and better my lag situation and noticed an improvement from when I was playing in my living room. Super weird.

I know what you mean about trying to tweak until you get that lagless experience. I can almost never get it, so I wind up just working with what I got. I'm going to be sad when this series leaves the Vita (if it hasn't already) because that device is absolutely the best for rhythm games despite the fact they could never get 60 on it.

I know what you mean about trying to tweak until you get that lagless experience. I can almost never get it, so I wind up just working with what I got. I'm going to be sad when this series leaves the Vita (if it hasn't already) because that device is absolutely the best for rhythm games despite the fact they could never get 60 on it.

Most of it seems due to my TV having fairly bad lag to begin with, so I don't want to judge too harshly, but I feel the lag detection tool never even gets close.

Vita basically brought me back to rhythm games, and especially after coming off playing a ton of X it's a bit tough.

Top Bottom