• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Try doing the calibration whith the sound muted, that gave me better results for some reason. Im at about -20 and that feels fine.

If you do the calibration multiple time you should at least be able to see a rough average.

If you want to calibrate yourself choose a song with a simple pattern and fast notes, adjust in small steps until it feels right

SHarris78

That honestly just tells me your timing isn't consistent enough to get a good result. It's normal for there to get results within a 20 or so range - more than that and I would fault the tester rather than the testing tool. I run the test three times and use the mode (or the mean, if there isn't a conclusive one). Same method I use for every other game, no issues post-calibration.

Oh I'll be the first to admit I'm not very good at these games, and that my timing isn't great, but I've had no such issues with past games in the series. Now I don't know whether Ive gotten worse at the game or its lag, and the not knowing is taking the fun out of it for me. I'll keep persevering!

muteki

Try going through your TV's settings and disabling anything involving picture or sound processing, and many TVs have a "game mode" that should probably be on.

I'm pretty sensitive to this issue as I play primarily on handhelds/headphones where lag is not a problem, so I always felt the difference when playing the PS3 versions. I was never really incentivized to putting a lot of thought into getting the calibration perfect, because I always had the handheld versions to fall back on when I was really serious about my performance.

So that being said with FT there is no handheld version so I really want to get it right, but it feels pretty good for me right now (most songs anyway). I ran the script a few times and took an average and my cool rates are similar to what I was before, until the double and triple notes anyway.

Bought Colorful Tone; downloading now.

Question: will the DLC show up if playing on my US account, or do I have to be logged into my Japanese account? I know this is the case for the PS3 but I've never bought DLC on the JP store on the PS4.

EDIT: it works; shows Colorful Tone on the title screen and everything. Now to get it away from the kids :\

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, completely forgot about plugging headphones into the PS4 controller. Bluetooth work or does it have to be wired?

I'll give the Prelude a try eventually, but considering how expensive this is & the fact I've got a ton of games already that came out this month, I'll probably wait a bit. Or I might just get one pack for the time being, then get the other later, gotta look at my budget.

Finally home from my 24 hour delayed flight to play some Miku. Application data download has 15 minutes left, got all packs downloaded and have sent all of the friend requests from the doc (thanks Zhao_Yun)... lez go!

Luigi87

Well, managed a standard on Weekender Girl (Extreme), lol, better than Not Clear!

Also, while this project is far off, I've been working on a template to make a home controller.
Basically a row of four 100mm buttons like the arcade panel, and above them four 52mm buttons to act as L1/L2 and R1/R2 to take the place of the swipes.

Will probably use four 30mm buttons for the directional buttons (I own several extra 30mm buttons, so would just save money that way)

Only marked out the full buttons and not the actual hole inserts, since I'm not sure what those will be yet (could be 24mm, could be 28mm according to one site, bluh).
divaFTCont_001.jpg

I'll add some GAF members today to my Ps4 :D

seriously considering in buying the other pack JUST for stardust utopia..

Spending 500 MXN for one single song seems crazy.,...

(remembers that I purchased both Berseria for Ps3 and Berseria for Ps4 collectors....)

mmmm.....

gotta take my credit card away from me...

Bebpo

Banned
Well, managed a standard on Weekender Girl (Extreme), lol, better than Not Clear!

Also, while this project is far off, I've been working on a template to make a home controller.
Basically a row of four 100mm buttons like the arcade panel, and above them four 52mm buttons to act as L1/L2 and R1/R2 to take the place of the swipes.

Will probably use four 30mm buttons for the directional buttons (I own several extra 30mm buttons, so would just save money that way)

Only marked out the full buttons and not the actual hole inserts, since I'm not sure what those will be yet (could be 24mm, could be 28mm according to one site, bluh).

You know, I wonder if a sort of half-measure for this game would be just using an arcade stick?

I'm actually considering getting an arcade stick. Multi note is doable on hard, extreme though...
Actually nvm, arcade stick layout looks kind of bad for this game :/

I tried the Prelude version and man, those holds are brutal on Extreme, and they're not hard songs either! I only managed around 73% for both songs, which I guess isn't that bad but I still wanted to do better than that.
The basic 3GB download doesn't let you change outfit/character, so I'm waiting for the remaining 8GB to download so I can play the same two songs with Meiko :p

Kumubou

You know, I wonder if a sort of half-measure for this game would be just using an arcade stick?
That's how I've been playing the game and it works well enough. I have the bottom row of buttons set to triangle/square/X/O and the top row of the buttons and the stick set to swipe left/right. It works well enough and it makes multi-button inputs and holds miles easier than on a pad. The one issue is hitting buttons and swipes (especially multiple swipes) on the same side (as the arcade version lets you swipe left/right anywhere on the swipe pad).

One other problem I have is hitting the same button very quickly, but I don't really count that since you needed to do that in the arcade version too.

I wish I had bigger thumbs. Would make those X + O holds much more manageable. I have to twist my thumb around slightly to have that angle advantage. Thinking of trying to map one of the buttons to R2 or something.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I wish I had bigger thumbs. Would make those X + O holds much more manageable. I have to twist my thumb around slightly to have that angle advantage. Thinking of trying to map one of the buttons to R2 or something.

I've been managing by turning my thumb at an angle, too. I'm thinking about mapping all four buttons to either L2 or R2.

Does anyone know what they're singing when you're selecting the random button? All I can get is something something something kyoku wo sentaku

I'm really curious for some reason.

Does anyone know what they're singing when you're selecting the random button? All I can get is something something something kyoku wo sentaku

I'm really curious for some reason.

ランダムに曲を選択____. Randamu ni kyoku wo sentaku ____. They all end it a little differently, suruyo, shichaou, suruze, etc.

KurisuKaatsu

Neo Member
I've essentially hit the point that I need an arcade controller to score attack any further. Playing Extreme is frustrating on your fingers trying to hold awful combinations with dual same direction swipes. 神曲 on extreme is already a pain and it's only a 7. Until my F Arcade controller gets patched or I get the PS3 > PS4 adapter on my next paycheck, I'm going to put this game aside.

Gridman

Neo Member
I'm definitely considering the investment into the controller but for now I'm getting by. Now that I'm home I think I'll spend the evening practicing using both the d-pad and the buttons to do things. Training my left hand to react like my right hand will be the trick. I'm also happy to see a bunch of people online playing this right now. Makes me happy to know this series has gained the popularity it has.

I've mapped triangle to L1, circle to R1, defaulted any holds on those symbols to those buttons and it has become SO much easier to play efficiently.

ランダムに曲を選択____. Randamu ni kyoku wo sentaku ____. They all end it a little differently, suruyo, shichaou, suruze, etc.

Thanks!

Gridman

Neo Member
I've mapped triangle to L1, circle to R1, defaulted any holds on those symbols to those buttons and it has become SO much easier to play efficiently.

That is genius! Why didn't I think of something like that. I'm going to give it a try. I'll just have to get used to using the stick for the sliders and the golden arrow thingies.

Bebpo

Banned
That's how I've been playing the game and it works well enough. I have the bottom row of buttons set to triangle/square/X/O and the top row of the buttons and the stick set to swipe left/right. It works well enough and it makes multi-button inputs and holds miles easier than on a pad. The one issue is hitting buttons and swipes (especially multiple swipes) on the same side (as the arcade version lets you swipe left/right anywhere on the swipe pad).

One other problem I have is hitting the same button very quickly, but I don't really count that since you needed to do that in the arcade version too.

I'm surprised they're not releasing an arcade controller for this. You'd think this will be a big seller in Japan. I still can't believe they didn't do a disc release considering how Japan digital market is much smaller than disc and all the other Miku games have had disc/cart releases.

That is genius! Why didn't I think of something like that. I'm going to give it a try. I'll just have to get used to using the stick for the sliders and the golden arrow thingies.

I currently have L2 and R2 for the sliders because I hate using the sticks (PTSD from star notes?). If you wanted to, you could map X and square to those as well for a full-proof set-up, but I'm fine with what I have now I think. It negates most entanglements, although playing Two-Sided Lovers on extreme kinda shows the faults of only covering triangle and circle.

It definitely makes the four button multi-hits much easier, I know this for sure!

Luigi87

Hate 3-notes, lol
2 fine.
4, sure.
3, just screws with my mind

Anywho, updated my template for my controller (gonna be a Summer project, that's for sure).

Couldn't decide if I want to go with L1/L2 and R1/R2 on their respective sides, or mix up the L&Rs so both hands have easy access to either swipe direction...

Current dimensions are 600mm x 300mm (haven't determined a depth yet, likely will be around 56mm)

XaosWolf

For the easy timing adjust option am I supposed to be matching to the note sound or to the clock hands?

I fet the feeling I'm fucking it up by unconciously adjusting to what I'm given when I'm using both my eyes and ears. =(

Bebpo

Banned
Can someone explain what all the letters are? I have C, E, G after songs and I don't know what rank those even mean.

Also the scoring system is really weird. I do worse on easy than on hard in songs. Like I'll get 65% or so in hard and then do the same song in easy and only miss 3 notes the entire song and get 62%.

I'm guessing the % scoring system runs off COOL hits. So to get 100% on a song or near that you need to hit COOL timing on every note, not just good timing? Not a big fan if that's how the scoring works. I feel like if I am able to hit almost all the notes in the song and keep a combo running I should be getting like 80%-100%, not 60-80%.

Gridman

Neo Member
I'm at a point where my fingers are shaky. I think that means its time to take a break for the night. I can handle hard now with an average of around 80%. Nothing fantastic but a lot better than the mess I was yesterday when I started. I don't get tripped up by combo notes. One thing that does get me are the gold arrows. I go by the shape of the note and the left and right ones look so similar I keep getting caught with my pants down. I dabbled a bit in Extreme and oh boy am I in for some good times. The difficulty curve only makes me want to get better. My scores are still a bit lower than some of yours but soon I'll be caught up. Keep at it.

I think my favorite background animation for a song is "slump". Its so cute! Song is fun too.

Oh man, how I've missed learning to play in a Miku game.

As much as I love F2nd and X, it's crazy to think that until today, F was the only Miku game that actually had that true sense of starting from square one and getting better and better. Being completely overwhelmed by nyanyanya on Extreme is an actual memory that I can't say I have a similar one for the sequels. It's exciting looking forward to the challenge of Future Tone on extreme!

...but then Jesus Christ I'm not even through "ka" section lol...

macklelol

Do triple notes come in any other combination other than Triange + Square + X and Square + X + Circle? Only really noticed those come up.

EDIT: Well, there was some different combinations in World's End Dancehall on Extreme. Not like I'm gonna be able to do that anytime soon lol.

OMG Aero

Does anyone know how replacing the loading screen with screenshots you take during PVs works?
I know if you press triangle during a PV it takes a screenshot and I've seen those sometimes replace the loading screen, but I can't see any option in the menu to view/delete screenshots you've taken and select which ones are used on the loading screen.

raven777

Does anyone know how replacing the loading screen with screenshots you take during PVs works?
I know if you press triangle during a PV it takes a screenshot and I've seen those sometimes replace the loading screen, but I can't see any option in the menu to view/delete screenshots you've taken and select which ones are used on the loading screen.

I am assuming it just randomly shows one of the screenshots you took. I haven't seen any menu to choose which ones to show up.

Zhao_Yun

You can view the screenshots in the Capture Gallery of your PS4. All screenshots that were taken during PV mode with the triange button are marked with a *. You cannot chosse which ones the game should use for a loading screen, but you can delete all those screens that you don't want it to use.

I love the nonesense lyrics of DYE. So good

Can anyone tell me what exactly the percentage score tells me? Just got 102% which doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Skrams

Started playing Prelude and I'm pretty tempted to drop some dough on the rest. I'm used to playing Hard/Extreme on f and f2, and this is a step up. I don't think Hard on f2 required much taptap super quick for some notes like this games Hard mode. This game has also somehow made me adapt to using the dpad with my regular rhythm in practically one song. I've been pretty shit about it before.

69.54% on WG on Hard first try
77.12% on 1/6 on Hard first try
89.1% on WG on Normal first try
92.88% on 1/6 on Normal first try
83.25% on WG on Hard 2nd try
85.01% on 1/6 on Hard 2nd try
95% on 1/6 on Hard some other try
76.04% on 1/6 on Extreme 2nd try
I don't think I cleared WG on Extreme yet.

My main problem is probably how the hold notes effect my behavior. I want to hold for the max bonus as most rhythm games train me to do, but that's just not possible in this game by design. It's a bit weird since I assume they want to mimic how Miku or whoever holds a note with her singing, but the holding of the notes in the chart isn't the exact same timing or anything. I don't really see a point in them compared to regular hold notes in project diva besides the fact it's an arcade game. The hold notes probably make it a lot easier for differing scores on leaderboards I would guess. Oh, also triple notes and doubles fuck me up a bit.

I dunno. Besides that, I feel good about still being ok at Diva after a couple months of not playing. After I wet my whistle though, I want the crack to keep flowing. I've playing Mirai DX a little bit and that just isn't Diva for me. 200+ songs for me paying $100+ in PSN yen cards. It sounds really tempting.

What I would kill for this to be on Vita somehow. ALSO GOD DAMN THAT LOADING IS SO FAST. IT'S THE BEST.

SHarris78

Got my lag set to -10 and all seems to be good. When I mess up I know it's me at fault and not the lag, which has increased my enjoyment of the game so much.

Now to tackle one of my main issues - long runs of notes in succession, not the super quick ones but the ones that appear 'xxxxxxx', I'm okay up to 4 or 5 notes, after that my timing goes to hell!

SephLuis

I played this on Remote Play using the Vita and it worked better than expected. The video lagged a bit, but the inputs and sounds were on time (Remote Play has a +1f delay and, if I am not mistaken, the video is outputted as 30 fps).

A good test, so I can play now while in bed.

Nearly 15 hours played this game (including rest, lunch and dinner). This game is sooo good.

Played most songs only on Hard mode, Extreme not much. Extra Extreme? I dont have enough courage, lol.

Anyway is anyone completed all trophies? I have some remaining locked trophies but not sure how to unlock.

Thanks.

I played this on Remote Play using the Vita and it worked better than expected. The video lagged a bit, but the inputs and sounds were on time (Remote Play has a +1f delay and, if I am not mistaken, the video is outputted as 30 fps).

A good test, so I can play now while in bed.

You can set the Framerate to High in vita's remote play setting. You could try if that give the best experience (may need timing adjustment).

Zhao_Yun

I have the feeling that ODDS&ENDS is a bit off-sync as well. Anyone else?

I wanted to take a few screenshots for my loading screens but things got out of hand and now I have an album that's already 79 pictures strong

Just gonna post a few examples. You only start to really see how pretty this game is once you try to take some pics

Nice screens :) I need to spend some more time with PV Mode as well ;D

Nearly 15 hours played this game (including rest, lunch and dinner). This game is sooo good.

Played most songs only on Hard mode, Extreme not much. Extra Extreme? I dont have enough courage, lol.

Anyway is anyone completed all trophies? I have some remaining locked trophies but not sure how to unlock.

Thanks.

Afaik Extra Extreme is not necessarily harder than Extreme. Some of the older songs didn't include slide notes, since those were introduced later and Extra Extreme basically added one Extreme version with slide notes for those songs.

Which trophies are you having problems with? I am only missing the "Clear all songs" trophies as well as the PV Mode trophies.

Top Bottom