• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
Discussion for the controller took off more than I thought. However, it sounds like it's not as simple as I was hoping it'd turn out to be haha

I was also considering getting a kbm adapter but even then I'm not sure how the knobs would react with it. Might just have to build my own controller.

srst

Really enjoying it so far with two caveats all which are completely personal

1. Dialing in lag settings has been not great and I still feel off.

2. Going to DS4 from playing almost exclusivity on Vita is really hard. I need some clicky buttons. I also feel like there is some weird interference that is making some of my presses not register. I moved to my computer monitor to try and better my lag situation and noticed an improvement from when I was playing in my living room. Super weird.

Remote Play on the Vita is actually pretty decent. Give it a shot!
I'm using PS4's wifi (no lan) and the delay at -5 after calibration.

miku

Took some photos while watching PV~

j2ZFpFH.jpg

c3p1VWr.jpg

v8E3w9L.jpg

azuItP5.jpg

N9uDEkI.jpg

Started going through extreme up to 7 stars, and I have less problems with multiple inputs as I have with the hold notes. Holding buttons on hard as long as possible and going on with normal was mostly simple, on extreme they expect you to hold so many buttons in all combinations and it's killing me. Not even re-mapping combinations will help here when they come one after the other. Beating or perfecting songs seems very possible, getting competitive scores less so.

Mapping combinations to the shoulders already feels like a crutch that won't help you anymore at some point.

Took some photos while watching PV~
N9uDEkI.jpg

This is cute and one of my fav songs

SifuSeafood

Neo Member
I also feel like there is some weird interference that is making some of my presses not register. I moved to my computer monitor to try and better my lag situation and noticed an improvement from when I was playing in my living room. Super weird.

I definitely have interference/signal problems, too. Sometimes the button presses will register in bursts.

Really enjoying it so far with two caveats all which are completely personal

1. Dialing in lag settings has been not great and I still feel off.

2. Going to DS4 from playing almost exclusivity on Vita is really hard. I need some clicky buttons. I also feel like there is some weird interference that is making some of my presses not register. I moved to my computer monitor to try and better my lag situation and noticed an improvement from when I was playing in my living room. Super weird.

I definitely have interference/signal problems, too. Sometimes the button presses will register in bursts.
If you have interference with the DS4 try and make sure there are absolutely no obstructions between you and the console and ideally no WLAN devices close to either. The DS4 signal is very weak. I had that problem before but was able to fix it.

SephLuis

Tried to play using my arcade stick but it won't work as the buttons are too close to each other and too small. Worth a shot, though.

I ended up changing all triggers to buttons. L1 as O, L2 as X, R1 as Square, R2 as Triangle.
It's been confusing using them, but it's helping a lot in regards of hold notes. That way I can hold notes and use both hands while holding 1 or 2 buttons.

This is be useful in extreme because the hold combinations get rather insane. So far I managed to beat 8,5 difficulty songs, but 9 is absolutely destroying me.

Tried to play using my arcade stick but it won't work as the buttons are too close to each other and too small. Worth a shot, though.

I ended up changing all triggers to buttons. L1 as O, L2 as X, R1 as Square, R2 as Triangle.
It's been confusing using them, but it's helping a lot in regards of hold notes. That way I can hold notes and use both hands while holding 1 or 2 buttons.

This is be useful in extreme because the hold combinations get rather insane. So far I managed to beat 8,5 difficulty songs, but 9 is absolutely destroying me.

This is how I've been playing so far, though L1 = Triangle, L2 = Square, R1 = X, R2 = O. Using the triggers feels a lot more open and makes those hold notes easier, though I have to get used to them. Still debating which positions I want. Sometimes I feel I should have O and X on my left, but I keep going for square on my left and triangle on my right.

macklelol

I have a similar set up but I often forget to actually use the shoulder buttons lol.

I'm able to clear some 8.5* songs without much trouble now, though the difficulty ratings of some songs are a little questionable.

I think I've got a stop-gap measure for dealing with double notes (triples can go away) on Hard mode at least, when they pop up I just use my right thumb for X and O notes and left thumb for triangle and square notes. Not great for Extreme, but honestly I don't think I'll be touching that much since the difficulty is very noticeably higher than Extend, F or F2nd. It'll tide me over until I can get/afford one of the proper controllers.

Dialing in lag settings has been not great and I still feel off.
Make sure you're timing your button press to be exactly in line with the sound effect, you'll have to be pressing the button just before you know you are meant to hear the sound. You need to get 2 out of 3 perfect for it to give you the correct calibration, the first time I did it I only got 1 in time with the SE and the other two were slightly reactionary which gave me like -2 or something which was all wrong. After multiple attempts to get all 3 exact it threw -22 at me which has been perfect.

ar4757

I think I've got a stop-gap measure for dealing with double notes (triples can go away) on Hard mode at least, when they pop up I just use my right thumb for X and O notes and left thumb for triangle and square notes. Not great for Extreme, but honestly I don't think I'll be touching that much since the difficulty is very noticeably higher than Extend, F or F2nd. It'll tide me over until I can get/afford one of the proper controllers.

That's the intended way I believe, and is why Square and Triangle are arrows, and X and O are still buttons.

Triple notes do suck!

SephLuis

I'm able to clear some 8.5* songs without much trouble now, though the difficulty ratings of some songs are a little questionable.

I agree.

I can pass on 8,5* just fine. Then 9* is "What the hell is going on ? "

I love arifureta sekai seifuku, but that song destroys me easily on extreme and it's rated 9*

macklelol

I agree.

I love arifureta sekai seifuku, but that song destroys me easily on extreme and it's rated 9*
Yeah getting used to the stuff in 9* songs might take a while. Only 9* song I can consistently clear right now is Oha-Yo-Del!!, but that's a song thats very light on chords.

Heh, I find multi-notes much easier to deal with then some of the rapid stuff in the last third of Oha-yo-del. It's the fact that it's like stacked weird that throws me off instead of being in a straight line.

With Miku's default Canterella module MIA, there is only one module up to the task to replace it...

Bebpo

Banned
I'm ok with some of the multi-button press notes, the ones I can one hand like XO, []/\. But then the ones that are opposite like []O still mess me up because I've changed the button prompts to symbols only and I always forget I can left on the d-pad + O.

Thankfully there aren't enough multi-press notes that most songs I can miss them and still get a good score.

What fucks me up every single time still are the overlapping multinotes. Like x|x x|x x x|x x x x|x|x x|x x. In slow speed I can handle them, I have trouble even reading the note lines at faster speeds when there's double or tripple press notes inter-mixed. I wish the practice mode let you slow down the speed, because otherwise nothing is really helping me on this and I just blow the songs that have a bunch of this stuff.

Luigi87

Now to just buy the materials... (this blueprint technically lacks the inner-supports that will hold up the top panel). This is mapped to be able to be cut from a 1/2", 24x48 piece of plywood.

Heh, I find multi-notes much easier to deal with then some of the rapid stuff in the last third of Oha-yo-del. It's the fact that it's like stacked weird that throws me off instead of being in a straight line.

With Miku's default Canterella module MIA, there is only one module up to the task to replace it...

I was wondering where the hell her real default module was...

Bebpo

Banned
Beat one-sided love samba & singing passion of hatsune miku on hard, maaaaan game is a lot more fun when it's hard as hell and you keep retrying and beat it. So intense.

ChrisD

I agree.

Man I spent like $10 before finally clearing that song at our arcade. It's 9 is deceptive. @-@

macklelol

good lord the ending of Rin-chan Now! on Extreme... Managed to beat it after a few tries but it was rough lol.

Managed to pass Arifureta Sekai Seifuku on Extreme as well after spending some time in practice mode with it, it was a nice challenge.

I really gotta pull myself away from Extreme for a bit and focus on clearing the rest of the songs on Hard, still got like 100+ to go lol

Zhao_Yun

Haven't played around much with Extreme yet, since I want to clear all songs on Hard first (Only around 15 songs left).

That's the intended way I believe, and is why Square and Triangle are arrows, and X and O are still buttons.
Worded badly, I meant not using the D-Pad at all for them and moving my left thumb over to the 4 face buttons as well. The analog stick gets in the way and I have to hold the controller in a ridiculous way so I should hope that isn't intended!

Worded badly, I meant not using the D-Pad at all for them and moving my left thumb over to the 4 face buttons as well. The analog stick gets in the way and I have to hold the controller in a ridiculous way so I should hope that isn't intended!

Is it *intended* in the config. Go to Customization (menu no 2) and then Settings (bottom). You will see how the buttons appear (I choose preset no 5 as it would display PS buttons by default.)

Been playing via Remote Play on Vita. Seems to work pretty well, though my timing takes a hit.

Ran into the first Hard chart to fail me out. Magical Sound Shower is just too weird. I think I need to be on the PS4 proper to give it another shot.

Zhao_Yun

Finished up all songs on Hard. Trying some Extreme songs now and it's definitely much harder than the Extreme songs in the console Project Divas. Having trouble with 8.5 and 9 star songs. I am really not used to so many multi-button notes after another ;_;

Mairu

I bought the Future Tone pack before the game came out, but when I'm looking through songs I only see Future Sound songs selectable - is there something I have to do to unlock or switch to Colorful Tone songs? Feel like I'm missing something...

ChrisD

DIVA f really elevated this series, didn't it? Some of the older PVs look really rough in comparison.

Yeah, some songs' PVs are really dated. Goofy as it sounds, it kind of drives me away from playing them all that often at the Arcade. I've got a large list of songs and charts I like, and some of them simply have a better video to go along with, so they usually get play priority.

I finally hit FS and CT rank 10 and I look at the leaderboards and most of you guys are at like rank 30.... damn lol. I haven't had as much time to play as I would like. I don't think I've even cleared half of the songs on Hard yet >.>

I bought the Future Tone pack before the game came out, but when I'm looking through songs I only see Future Sound songs selectable - is there something I have to do to unlock or switch to Colorful Tone songs? Feel like I'm missing something...

I had the same problem, except only the Colorful Tone songs were appearing. Restoring licenses on my JP account fixed it.

Bebpo

Banned
Tried this in the arcade for the first time at the place by my work. Good to see my ps4 skills carry over. On the other hand, game is way more work on your arm muscles doing fast songs at the arcade with those big buttons. I'll stick to the DS4.

Tried this in the arcade for the first time at the place by my work. Good to see my ps4 skills carry over. On the other hand, game is way more work on your arm muscles doing fast songs at the arcade with those big buttons. I'll stick to the DS4.

Is that place a Round 1? It seems like everyone suddenly has Miku cabinets near them except for me.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, they put a round 1 in near me last year. Game selection is fairly old Japanese games in general, but they do have a project diva arcade machine.

Mairu

I finally hit FS and CT rank 10 and I look at the leaderboards and most of you guys are at like rank 30.... damn lol. I haven't had as much time to play as I would like. I don't think I've even cleared half of the songs on Hard yet >.>

I had the same problem, except only the Colorful Tone songs were appearing. Restoring licenses on my JP account fixed it.

I tried restoring my licenses on my Japanese PSN account and I still only see the Future Sound songs. Checking the PS Store and I see it shows I have Colorful Tone purchased. Maybe I just need to re-download (though it does show everything installed...) :/

I tried restoring my licenses on my Japanese PSN account and I still only see the Future Sound songs. Checking the PS Store and I see it shows I have Colorful Tone purchased. Maybe I just need to re-download (though it does show everything installed...) :/

Yeah try re-downloading it and then restore licenses. It should definitely work after that.

So the Brook adapter is in. Focus Attack's site suggested a firmware update, but I couldn't get it to work. Despite that, it seems to work on PS4 just fine. I made a quick video but didn't really get a chance to play much (in fact this is only the second song I attempted on the controller, and the first was with the thing on my lap, lol)

So the Brook adapter is in. Focus Attack's site suggested a firmware update, but I couldn't get it to work. Despite that, it seems to work on PS4 just fine. I made a quick video but didn't really get a chance to play much (in fact this is only the second song I attempted on the controller, and the first was with the thing on my lap, lol)

That's awesome, man!
I'm a bit jelly, I'd love to play with one of those controllers but even if I could find one it would be way out of my price range.

Mandelbo

Alright, downloading Prelude now - is it more or less just a demo? Looking at the prices again there's no difference between buying the whole game and buying future sound and colourful tone separately, which is nice! is there any consensus on which is better? Future sound has more songs but colourful tone has Clover Club in it, so I'm not sure which to go with!

raven777

Alright, downloading Prelude now - is it more or less just a demo? Looking at the prices again there's no difference between buying the whole game and buying future sound and colourful tone separately, which is nice! is there any consensus on which is better? Future sound has more songs but colourful tone has Clover Club in it, so I'm not sure which to go with!

prelude is a base application, so you need it and you can buy the 2 song packs to add songs/modules.

I think Future Sound vs Colorful Tone is just personal preference I guess. which pack has songs/modules you like more? I bought the full set, but from what I have played so far, I prefer songs in Future Sound.

Depends on your taste, but I'd say Future Sound has far more beloved songs from past Project Diva games. Only about 10% of my favourited songs list on PDFT are from Colourful Tone.

Depends on your taste, but I'd say Future Sound has far more beloved songs from past Project Diva games. Only about 10% of my favourited songs list on PDFT are from Colourful Tone.

That is literally the criteria they used to split the songlist - Future Sound is all the songs that were on Project DIVA (PSP/Vita/etc) first and Colorful Tone is all the songs that were on Arcade/mirai first. There actually isn't very much overlap between the two.

Mandelbo

prelude is a base application, so you need it and you can buy the 2 song packs to add songs/modules.

I think Future Sound vs Colorful Tone is just personal preference I guess. which pack has songs/modules you like more? I bought the full set, but from what I have played so far, I prefer songs in Future Sound.

I haven't looked through the entire songlist yet but future sound looks as if it'll have more fun songs (it's got MMORPG addict's sprechor and nostalogic in it!) In the OP it looks like there are certain modules you can only get if you buy both packs - do you specifically have to buy the bundle to get them or is it OK if you just get both individually?

SHarris78

Got my first perfect, on one of my favourite songs too - Kokoro!. Granted, i'm playing on normal, but thats pretty much my level. The idea of tripple notes is not nice, I usually mess up the doubles - when they appear my brain shuts down totally!

And how awesome is the song '39', keep messing up as my foot is tapping and head is bobbing!!!

Top Bottom