• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

miku

Do the Japanese and Asian release of the game have different sets of leaderboards? I noticed that I have a bunch of #1 ranks on Hard playing on the Asian version while trying to unlock Extreme charts and that makes no sense, especially since good players would have to play through on Hard at least once.

Yeah, JP and AS leaderboards are separate unfortunately

World's End Umbrella has to be played a tad late too, but nowhere near as badly as Freely Tomorrow has to. You can almost play it normally.

SephLuis

World's End Umbrella has to be played a tad late too, but nowhere near as badly as Freely Tomorrow has to. You can almost play it normally.

I was thinking that the timing was a little off, but my setups is far from ideal for this kind of game.

In my case, I am hearing the sounds a little after the inputs. I haven't played World's End Umbrella or Freely Tomorrow, but this bugged me in other songs. I re-calibrated the inputs to +1 (it was 0 before) and it became better.

Maybe it's the same case or this problem is with those charts only ?

TP

I'm loving how easy and quick module customization is in FT

One button press from song selection
Immediate switch to other menus within menus with L3
Trigger shortcut to recommended module
Buy and equip option
Module favorite slots to avoid the menus entirely
Straight back to song selection again with Triangle

Absolutely excellent

Swapping parts for bonuses in X a million times was such an annoyance

XaosWolf

Okay one last question: Can I turn off the Slide note sounds somewhere?
They seem to just ignore the main note sound option.

Take that ZhaoYun!

Only 1000th place, we are terrible.

ClrsjqkVYAAhw9b.jpg:large

Bebpo

Banned
So does challenge time effect anything? I liked how in X there was always a challenge to "beat" challenge time and if you did you'd get an outfit change and win an outfit. Was really addicting. Now it just feels like challenge time has no purpose? Like there is no win/lose? You just do a harder section and song goes on?

It's the only thing I miss from X. I wish you had to work to win items instead of just buying everything.

Otherwise game is fantastic, but still getting used to seeing the same time notes.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I'm loving how easy and quick module customization is in FT

One button press from song selection
Immediate switch to other menus within menus with L3
Trigger shortcut to recommended module
Buy and equip option
Module favorite slots to avoid the menus entirely
Straight back to song selection again with Triangle

Absolutely excellent

Swapping parts for bonuses in X a million times was such an annoyance

Speaking of modules, for those who didn't know, the PSN store has a dlc pack available to unlock all modules and accessories. In my opinion, for a game with the amount of content of this magnitude, this is a nice option to have.

TP

It's the only thing I miss from X. I wish you had to work to win items instead of just buying everything.

I'm so glad that's not the case here and it's all unlocked

I've spent way too much time in previous games unlocking stuff. It's so refreshing to just have it all there and be able to spend all my time enjoying the game and trying to get better instead of spending hours grinding out songs hoping rng rolls in my favor

Akibared

The leaderboards are only for hard and up?! Man I need to step it up I can play hard in the other games but I suck at it so far here.

Bebpo

Banned
I'm so glad that's not the case here and it's all unlocked

I've spent way too much time in previous games unlocking stuff. It's so refreshing to just have it all there and be able to spend all my time enjoying the game and trying to get better instead of spending hours grinding out songs hoping rng rolls in my favor

I can see that. I never cared about getting specific items, so I just liked the extra motivation to try to "beat" challenge time and win an item. Was a lot of fun and I find it more fun than just playing the songs. But playing the songs are still fun so it's still a great game, just I like extra motivational reward systems like that.

blamite

Okay one last question: Can I turn off the Slide note sounds somewhere?
They seem to just ignore the main note sound option.
I take it that the reason they're so ridiculously loud in my headphones is because they normally use the speaker in the controller? An option to just not use that would be great, is that anywhere?

XaosWolf

I take it that the reason they're so ridiculously loud in my headphones is because they normally use the speaker in the controller? An option to just not use that would be great, is that anywhere?

There is certainly an option to turn off the controller speaker.

Its in the in-game options menu, sound options (3rd down) then its the 2nd ON/OFF toggle.

Edit: And that completely fixed my issue too as without that option on I no longer hear the slide notes. =D

I'm loving the shit out of this game but I do have one small gripe: Pinky Swear is no where near as fun to play with this game's note charts as it is with F 2nd's.

But hey, it gives me a reason to still boot up F 2nd I guess.

luminous

This is literally all I've been playing since the pre-order bundle unlocked. The simultaneous & hold notes still need a lot of getting used to but I think I'm warming up to it all cause I can actually survive & clear more than a couple things on Extreme. I'm most definitely never going to manage to clear 10-star stuff like Den Paradigm ever in my life tho lmao

Having lots of fun taking photos from PV mode too. The option to use your own screenshots as loading screens was a really neat idea & same for the hair customization. There's no better module combination than Future Style Rin + any outfit

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, enjoying this a ton. I find it kind of lol how the difficulty numbers don't really mean anything. A 6/10 difficulty on one hard song can be completely different than a 6/10 difficulty on another song.

My toughest part is when they mix speed notes up mid-group on songs that are already fast. Like instead of a fast x x x x x x x, it'll be x xx xx x x x xx x xx x x x with like no easily visible pattern. That stuff messes me up everytime on the harder songs. Otoh, songs that are simply super fast but have steady rhythms like x x x x y y y y z z z z are easy for me. Just got to keep practicing.

So what's the deal with future DLC in the game? I thought I read somewhere long ago that you'd be able to import songs from Diva X if you owned that? There's definitely plenty of songs in this game, but I'm always down for a few more. Seems like all the Mieko songs in this suck for instance.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, just realized this came out today in Japan. Guess for the time being, either if a sale happens or Sega confirms an US version (or if retail is confirmed), I'll stick with the Prelude version which is still downloading. It'll semi keep me busy until Project Diva X. Though not sure when I'll actually play this with Tokyo Mirage Sessions taking my weekend & Zero Time Dilemma on Tuesday.

ChrisD

Oh snap, just realized this came out today in Japan. Guess for the time being, either if a sale happens or Sega confirms an US version (or if retail is confirmed), I'll stick with the Prelude version which is still downloading. It'll semi keep me busy until Project Diva X. Though not sure when I'll actually play this with Tokyo Mirage Sessions taking my weekend & Zero Time Dilemma on Tuesday.

Boot it up and go through it's mandatory 3 minute tutorial while TMS downloads its probably-going-to-be-present day one update.

Win win.

How can you hate Nostalogic

After Burner and Kowase are good as well

Indeed, all of those songs are amazing!

I don't get the Meiko hate. The only explanation I can think of is that she seems more grounded and less anime compared to the other characters. But she has some incredible songs.

LowParry

Dat yodeling song. Now I want to go play some Tekken 6. And the song below that. Probably my favorite for some reason.

Indeed, all of those songs are amazing!

I don't get the Meiko hate. The only explanation I can think of is that she seems more grounded and less anime compared to the other characters. But she has some incredible songs.
Meiko is 80s/90s anime instead of modern anime like the others

That's why I love her. I even like Stay With Me

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Meiko's fine, & I'd say Nostalogic is of my favorite songs from PD f.

.....Stay with Me, however......she was not meant to hit that high of a pitchn let alone hold it for a while

ChrisD

Meiko just got ruined for me because my first introduction to her was Stay With Me on the Vita with headphones turned up too loud. It sounds a lot better through the television (and with lower headphone volume!), but her tuning still needs bumped down a notch.

I didn't play Nostalogic for months just because it was her. Then I played it and loved it, despite the fact the pitch is still too high compared to the rest of her songs. It just wasn't to the same point of Stay With Me.

I don't mind her now though. ^^

I think Future Tone even includes two versions of Nostalgic, Meiko San and Loli-Meiko (lol)

I guess one is higher pitched than the other? Didn't try it yet

Bebpo

Banned
My problem with Meiko is just that I don't like her voice. She sounds like a man. Also her songs aren't particularly great. I mean I enjoy male singers, like Kaito rocks, just Meiko has this weird pitched voice that doesn't sound good imo from the songs I've heard of hers.

Meiko's an angel and all of her songs from DIVA are at least redeemable. Nostalogic is fantastic and Stay With Me is cute in a sadistic way with those ear curtling shreak.

Zhao_Yun

I also felt that Freely Tomorrow and World's End Umbrella felt off-sync. I constantly hit Fines on the latter although I was sure to have the timing down.

Take that ZhaoYun!

Only 1000th place, we are terrible.

Guess I need to play that song again after work :p

Yes, we are

Yeah, JP and AS leaderboards are separate unfortunately

That's a bummer. Will add a Region Tab to the GAF List then.

macklelol

I (barely) managed to pass some 9* songs tonight, clearing Oha-Yo-Del!! and This Is The Happiness and Peace of Mind Committee. Oha-Yo-Del!! is a lot of fun to play. Dunno if I would be able to clear anything past a 9 on a PS4 controller, though. Maybe with some practice and binding chords to the shoulder buttons...

A handful of songs from Diva F felt a little off when I played them. Weekender Girl was the worst of the ones I tried. I got like 40-45% FINEs on that song (on both Hard and Extreme) and I don't think my timing is that bad lol.

I also added myself to that GAF player list, feel free to add me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess a few questions to ask, since they weren't addressed in the OP:

1.) Play-Asia the best place to get Japanese PSN cards? I might just have to give in & get a 10,000 yen card/code (though if I wait for a sale, I'd probably just get a 5,000 & 3,000), but I can use the left over funds on a PSOne Classic or two that's only on the JPN PSN.

2.) As someone who's mainly played Project Diva on Vita, will it be hard to adjust to playing on console due to possible lag, lack of headphones, & such?

3.) It shouldn't be too hard to learn how to navigate through menus & such if I'm familiar with the PD games on PS3/Vita, correct? Perhaps a translation guide would be available sometime soon?

4.) "Like the Wind" is that Power Drift remix, right? I'm guessing all the Sega songs are in one pack (I see After Burner, Magical Sound Shower, & that Quartet song).

1.) Play-Asia the best place to get Japanese PSN cards? I might just have to give in & get a 10,000 yen card/code (though if I wait for a sale, I'd probably just get a 5,000 & 3,000), but I can use the left over funds on a PSOne Classic or two that's only on the JPN PSN.

2.) As someone who's mainly played Project Diva on Vita, will it be hard to adjust to playing on console due to possible lag, lack of headphones, & such?

3.) It shouldn't be too hard to learn how to navigate through menus & such if I'm familiar with the PD games on PS3/Vita, correct? Perhaps a translation guide would be available sometime soon?

4.) "Like the Wind" is that Power Drift remix, right? I'm guessing all the Sega songs are in one pack (I see After Burner, Magical Sound Shower, & that Quartet song).

1) yeah Play Asia is recommended. JP PSN sales are super rare, I wouldn't wait for that.

2) It might feel off for a few hours, but after that you'll be fine. There's lag calibration and you can even use headphones through he DS4 if you want. The biggest difference is the big screen which will be super weird at first if you come directly from playing on Vita.

3) It's pretty difficult to figure out all options on your own as some are specific to Future Tone, but there's not a lot of them so if you read a translation once you should be good. I played plenty of JP rhythm gamgames it was never an issue. In the end you just have to select songs and modules

someone created a google doc to add our psn accounts right? can someone elp me with the link? i'm at work and can't do a lot u.u

Also, played since 4:00 am to 5:00 am since I had to go to work, pretty good tbh, got a 91% in Hello Worker which I LOVE :D!

It's not as complicated as I expected, I suppose I don't have lag since I get good scores...

1.- I bought my PSN card yesterday with play asia, I've bought several psn cards with them, I received the psn code in minutes and worked :D

2.-i had no problem, I started playing F's song (black jack and hello worker) and got good scores (above 90%)

It might be harder to adjust to use the bumpers (L:1 and R1) but nothing else

Connect your headphones to the controller, mit sounds so good (right now using the PlayStation gold headphones)

I might as well try the remote play later today, also, be sure to check your TV model and verify the input lag, some TV's have a lot and might take some work to fix it through configurations.

Seeing some Meiko love is always nice, it's not a common thing unfortunately :(

I'm currently downloading the Prelude version (11GB for 2 songs + modules? That's... quite a lot, it'll take me 12 hours to download :/ ), I might be able to get one of the two packs before the end of the month and the other one before the end of July, hopefully.

I'm thinking of getting Colourful Tone first since I already played F/F2nd + DLCs on Vita, so that'll offer me more new songs (and After Burner is there, which is always a plus). Shame I'll miss out on Kowase Kowase though.

SimonM7

I'm loving the shit out of this game but I do have one small gripe: Pinky Swear is no where near as fun to play with this game's note charts as it is with F 2nd's.

But hey, it gives me a reason to still boot up F 2nd I guess.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I kkkkkinda feel like the game in general isn't as fun, mechanically, as F. It's not Mirai levels of unengaging for me, but both Fs are so good at giving you brain twisters of button combinations that feel *so satisfying* when you learn them.

I'm also really feeling the lack of an arcade controller with this. There are so obviously things I straight up cannot do on a dpad. Is it possible to connect two controllers and use the face buttons on both, perhaps?

The only problem this game has is that there aren't enough meiko songs.

Yes , i've said it. i want more songs with her.

Miku is great , luka 's awesome.
But meiko needs more.

#more_meiko

muteki

+1 more Meiko.

番凩 is probably my favorite, though Afterburner is growing on me.

I feel like I'm going to be in a "lets try this new song" mode for a long time...I'll try to double back and improve my scores for a few songs.

Double notes I'm close to having down...My eyes are used to focusing on one small area of the screen as the notes fly around, and the double/triple require me to bounce around so much.

Triples are hopeless.

Quads I just gave up and set to R1. Those are easy to identify, but I couldn't reliably hit the buttons.

I don't want to speak too soon, but I kkkkkinda feel like the game in general isn't as fun, mechanically, as F. It's not Mirai levels of unengaging for me, but both Fs are so good at giving you brain twisters of button combinations that feel *so satisfying* when you learn them.

I'm also really feeling the lack of an arcade controller with this. There are so obviously things I straight up cannot do on a dpad. Is it possible to connect two controllers and use the face buttons on both, perhaps?

I'm feeling the same way. It's got that "ported from a different control scheme" feel to it. Reminds me of games designed for console and then ported to PC. It works, and it's still fun, but it feels a bit off compared to something designed for that control scheme in the first place. Still having a lot of fun, though. Glad I picked up the game, but I'm kicking myself for not knowing about those pre-order themes. I would love a good Miku theme for my PS4...

Nephix

This game is all kinds of awesome and I'm not even a fan of the other Project Diva games, holy crap.
Bought the "Future Tone" songpack and pretty much all the songs are catchy although the timings on some of them are a little bit off.

Like the way they're releasing multiple songpacks instead of just the whole thing as it'll take me long enough just to master one of them. :p

SHarris78

Lag is all over the place in this game. Using the tools in the options menu to set your own sweet spot gives completely different numbers, both plus and minus, each time I try it. Just played Colorful x Sexy and got 55% on normal, I had to press the buttons so early that when quick notes are thrown at you you've got no chance of continuing a good run.

Lag is all over the place in this game. Using the tools in the options menu to set your own sweet spot gives completely different numbers, both plus and minus, each time I try it. Just played Colorful x Sexy and got 55% on normal, I had to press the buttons so early that when quick notes are thrown at you you've got no chance of continuing a good run.

That honestly just tells me your timing isn't consistent enough to get a good result. It's normal for there to get results within a 20 or so range - more than that and I would fault the tester rather than the testing tool. I run the test three times and use the mode (or the mean, if there isn't a conclusive one). Same method I use for every other game, no issues post-calibration.

Top Bottom