• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

KurisuKaatsu

Neo Member
For those curious, I also tried the hori F arcade controller on the future tone PS4 1.01 patch. Unfortunately, the controller is still not recognized.

Mandelbo

Ugggh, bought Colourful Tone but the store won't let me download it... How can I access my download list on japanese PSN? The store page for Colourful Tone keeps freaking out and won't let me press anything.

Never mind, fixed it

First, you can say I am a (franchise) fanboy, but not in what you think.

Because the #1 is out from SEGA, I think there will be any chance that the next guy who replace him, could release project diva series to PC.

No, I am not that butthurt. Even if the game released on PC, my PC is ready and maybe I am going to make custom board controller rather than buying that expensive HORI controller.

In my opinion, there are titles who needs to be released on PC, and titles who needs to stay console exclusive, regardless their third-party developer status. Every product must have their "signature" software.

Plus, I don't agree if *any* project diva games released on steam in terms of, the worst pricing, $15 tier. It is somewhat insulting to the series.

Are you guys agree if project diva series finally released on PC? Me personally no.

Just opinion.

Luigi87

Printed off the blueprint for my controller I'm gonna build. Tomorrow I'm gonna cut the wood and form the majority of the case. I just won't be able to cut the button holes and apply varnish because... I don't have the buttons or PCB yet.

Worst is I'm Canadian and the post office will likely go into a strike these next couple of days, so who knows when I can order them (as shipping through CP is already $15~20, and any other courier is double that)

So I'll just keep playing with my DS4 until that's all resolved.

Kinda off-topic, but saw the PS4 demo of Project Diva X at Anime Expo yesterday...in some ways it's looking cleaner than Future Tone, 60fps and a much less 3D dollish look.

I was thinking Diva X to be more like PS3 Diva F and F 2nd, just more of the same. I didn't think it would have a noticeable graphics upgrade. Looking forward to it!

Luigi87

Diva X, even on Vita, is quite a leap visually from F & F2nd. Lighting systems specifically.

And yeah, unlike Arcade/Future Tone it doesn't have the doll look.
Originally I hated the doll look, but now that I've played Future Tone, I've grown to like it, but I still appreciate the way they look in Diva X as well.

Bebpo

Banned
While I see the doll look stuff, at the same time I think Future Tone looks graphically really impressive (especially for a Japanese game). Really clean colorful visuals with nice clothing shading. It's hard to describe it, but it doesn't look like anything else on the market and it looks like how I wished jrpgs looked in the PS3/X360 generation, but cleaner and 60fps.

Going through photo mode and snapping pictures always shows a lot of impressive detail in the characters and outfits. Really only the backgrounds are lacking and have that PS3 low-poly style. Also the animations are quite good in some songs with the dancing duets and stuff.

Kinda off-topic, but saw the PS4 demo of Project Diva X at Anime Expo yesterday...in some ways it's looking cleaner than Future Tone, 60fps and a much less 3D dollish look.

I was thinking Diva X to be more like PS3 Diva F and F 2nd, just more of the same. I didn't think it would have a noticeable graphics upgrade. Looking forward to it!
Is Sam there? Say hi for me!

rpmurphy

The sheer number of songs in this is more than I thought it would be like. Working through my unplayed songs and it still feels like a long way to go.

miku

Because the #1 is out from SEGA, I think there will be any chance that the next guy who replace him, could release project diva series to PC.

No, I am not that butthurt. Even if the game released on PC, my PC is ready and maybe I am going to make custom board controller rather than buying that expensive HORI controller.

In my opinion, there are titles who needs to be released on PC, and titles who needs to stay console exclusive, regardless their third-party developer status. Every product must have their "signature" software.

Plus, I don't agree if *any* project diva games released on steam in terms of, the worst pricing, $15 tier. It is somewhat insulting to the series.

Are you guys agree if project diva series finally released on PC? Me personally no.

Just opinion.

i don't really mind

more miku games mean more miku fans

Suzuki Yu

While I see the doll look stuff, at the same time I think Future Tone looks graphically really impressive (especially for a Japanese game). Really clean colorful visuals with nice clothing shading. It's hard to describe it, but it doesn't look like anything else on the market and it looks like how I wished jrpgs looked in the PS3/X360 generation, but cleaner and 60fps.

Going through photo mode and snapping pictures always shows a lot of impressive detail in the characters and outfits. Really only the backgrounds are lacking and have that PS3 low-poly style. Also the animations are quite good in some songs with the dancing duets and stuff.
Well.. you are dealing with AM2 here.
Best in the industry in term of model quality & animation stuff.

Diva F on PC would be sweet because it would mean customs songs that aren't a huge pain to use

Also system wars are just dumb

Mandelbo

Systematic Love is so fucking fun to play - my favourite part of Miku games is finding awesome songs out of nowhere!

Also, does "drumming" the buttons for quick successive notes still work in this game? When I try it the button sounds don't play for the second note, so I'm not too sure.

Also, does "drumming" the buttons for quick successive notes still work in this game? When I try it the button sounds don't play for the second note, so I'm not too sure.

It does work if there are actual notes to play. If there are no notes to play there seems to be some kind of button cooldown in place. I think this exists to allow switching hands during a hold note (so going from X to DOWN while keeping the hold note), but I haven't really tested it.

Mandelbo

Today has been successful~
CmbrwYjWcAAA844.jpg:orig

CmddmzTWIAAAj-F.jpg:orig
More pleased about Systematic Love since it was actually challenging - the drumming was immensely helpful!

Lukemon

Picked up Future Sound almost exclusively to have Black Rock Shooter on easy access (my PS3 isn't set up right now and sounds like it's about to take off when it is) and... well, this is all kinds of wonderful. Fucking hard, though - used to getting Excellents across the board in F/F2 but yet to get anything better than a clear on Extreme. There is work to be done, and I will enjoy doing it.

Luigi87

Picked up Future Sound almost exclusively to have Black Rock Shooter on easy access (my PS3 isn't set up right now and sounds like it's about to take off when it is) and... well, this is all kinds of wonderful. Fucking hard, though - used to getting Excellents across the board in F/F2 but yet to get anything better than a clear on Extreme. There is work to be done, and I will enjoy doing it.

And then you will buy Colorful Tone when you realize destiny demands it!
[maniacal laughter]

Anywho, started work on my controller! Got the wood cut by my uncle (he owns a workshop) and am beginning to assemble the case now. ... now hopefully the postal company in Canada doesn't strike so I can get the buttons in a timely fashion.

Little by little, I'm improving!

And I've switched back to the default note skin. I'm assimilating more easily the dual/triple note presses this way. If I see two arrows together, per example, I just need to press up and left respectively.

Tenshi

Neo Member
You don't need a perfect combo to go above 100%. Happened a few times for me as well.

Now that I think about it, it can definitely happen due to game's scoring system being based not just on accuracy, but score, as well. I've received a score just shy of 100% after getting an Excellent because of two Safe notes.

Now that I think about it, it can definitely happen due to game's scoring system being based not just on accuracy, but score, as well. I've received a score just shy of 100% after getting an Excellent because of two Safe notes.

yep, I have some songs with score above 100% with with excellent, funny enough, I have "perfect" songs with score below 100%

Tenshi

Neo Member
yep, I have some songs with score above 100% with with excellent, funny enough, I have "perfect" songs with score below 100%

I have a few Perfects on Hard and Extreme with scores below 100%, as well. Just makes me want to grind them out further whenever I see them.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
My PS4 finally arrived after much anticipation; turns out they threw out my old unit and gave me a brand new console. In any case, after some initial issues with the HDMI output, I finally was able to get the stars to align and got it working; Arcade Controller included.

It is glorious!

Long have I dreamed of having the Project DIVA Arcade in my own home, and finally that dream has been realised. Turns out I need to have the Brook Adapter plugged into the console prior to powering on in order for the arcade controller to be recognised, but otherwise no drama at all. Already snagged myself a few Perfects on Hard. :p

Unfortunately, Gekishou Extreme is still too much for me; failed at 55% despite studying that notechart for years. Now that I am free to practice at my leisure without blowing 5000+ Yen, it will fall to my hands one day!

Luigi87

Well gotta thank StarCreator for that review and breakdown of the Dreamy Theatre 2nd controller comparing with a 100mm arcade dome push button, because it finally helped me narrow down which microswitch I should order for my controller, lol

Mainly I was going back and forth based on actuation force (I can't order Cherry locally, so I needed something comparble).

kagamin

Just opinion.

You should see how I act in the Steam community thread lol.

rpmurphy

I like the score bar in this game a lot. It is unorthodox, but being able to see whether I'm within range of Excellent is super useful.

I like the score bar in this game a lot. It is unorthodox, but being able to see whether I'm within range of Excellent is super useful.

That is pretty cool, although it annoys me when you you get close to the end of the song and you can't see the G and E medals that well because the "Song Clear" text is covering them.

Well gotta thank StarCreator for that review and breakdown of the Dreamy Theatre 2nd controller comparing with a 100mm arcade dome push button, because it finally helped me narrow down which microswitch I should order for my controller, lol

Mainly I was going back and forth based on actuation force (I can't order Cherry locally, so I needed something comparble).
I was waiting to write more about this as I'm a bit too busy to work on it, but that write up predates me actually playing on a machine, which had buttons that weren't at all like what I was expecting. I'm currently suspecting all the resistance to be in the spring rather than the switch; the arcade had no appreciable actuation feel, which suggests to me the switch is 50g or lower. Spring would have to be 200g or higher to compensate. I may have the parts on hand to try but the replacement microswitch holders I use in the DIVA F controller have to be drilled out because the switches are riveted in.

Luigi87

I was waiting to write more about this as I'm a bit too busy to work on it, but that write up predates me actually playing on a machine, which had buttons that weren't at all like what I was expecting. I'm currently suspecting all the resistance to be in the spring rather than the switch; the arcade had no appreciable actuation feel, which suggests to me the switch is 50g or lower. Spring would have to be 200g or higher to compensate. I may have the parts on hand to try but the replacement microswitch holders I use in the DIVA F controller have to be drilled out because the switches are riveted in.

I was surprised reading your breakdown how the DIVA F controller uses 30mm style switches.
I ended up going with switches requiring 125g since due to the size of the buttons I'd likely be pressing more force than anyhow (plus I couldn't order anything less than 100g force locally). My only concern is the spring. I have no idea how those will be in the buttons I ordered, and no idea where I could order replacement springs if that were needed (probably won't be, but it's a peace of mind thing).

I was surprised reading your breakdown how the DIVA F controller uses 30mm style switches.
I ended up going with switches requiring 125g since due to the size of the buttons I'd likely be pressing more force than anyhow (plus I couldn't order anything less than 100g force locally). My only concern is the spring. I have no idea how those will be in the buttons I ordered, and no idea where I could order replacement springs if that were needed (probably won't be, but it's a peace of mind thing).

Hori probably just decided to use the switch type they had the most of in hand. They had free choice in the matter since they were going through the trouble of molding a new button part anyway.

Even here, I just have to import the springs. I have a few Sanwa springs on hand but haven't checked if they fit well in these buttons or not yet.

Luigi87

Ooh, well I'm definitely bookmarking that site for future reference.

I've ordered all the arcade parts now for my controller, however whether or not I'll get my 52mm buttons and the PCB in time... Canada Post is likely gonna do a lockout this Friday, so I might get the PCB, if I don't I'm SOL. If I do, I also ordered a few 24mm buttons (the 52mm I ordered are a 24mm insert) to act as a temporary measure.

Until then... More playing with the DS4!

Edit: Aww yiss, my PCB shipped via FedEx due to the postal lock out.

EmbersToAshes

Neo Member
Is anybody here playing on a 4K TV? Just bought one, and curiously enough the game doesn't fill the screen whilst in Game Mode. There's about an inch of black either side, but the game will go full screen happily enough when put of game mode. This is the only title I've seen do this on game mode. Any ideas why?

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Just as a brief question, would anyone be able to point me to where I am able to access the leaderboards? My Japanese isn't amazing, but I've given most of the menus a decent look and cannot for the life of me find them. Hope it doesn't require the use of L/R2 or 3... D:

In lieu of being able to take screenshots in game (lol no Share Button), here's a couple of my best performances on Hard so far.

IMG_6037_zpsbyb71sh5.png

IMG_6027_zpskihbmunl.png

IMG_6019_zpsk5abulof.png

IMG_6014_zps1zm8qgki.png

Plus my best Gekishou Extreme attempt. I edge closer to victory!
IMG_6031_zpsxgg2usht.png

miku

Is anybody here playing on a 4K TV? Just bought one, and curiously enough the game doesn't fill the screen whilst in Game Mode. There's about an inch of black either side, but the game will go full screen happily enough when put of game mode. This is the only title I've seen do this on game mode. Any ideas why?

You need to change your PS4 display settings to remove those black boarders. It's under sound and screen-->display area settings

:p

Just as a brief question, would anyone be able to point me to where I am able to access the leaderboards? My Japanese isn't amazing, but I've given most of the menus a decent look and cannot for the life of me find them. Hope it doesn't require the use of L/R2 or 3... D:

Under ギャラリー (3rd option) from main menu, then ランキング (2nd option)

In lieu of being able to take screenshots in game (lol no Share Button), here's a couple of my best performances on Hard so far.

You can still take screenshots using your second controller :p

Toadsili T

Neo Member
Under ギャラリー (3rd option) from main menu, then ランキング (2nd option)

You have my thanks!

You can still take screenshots using your second controller :p
Tried this and it disconnects my DIVA F Controller, which then requires a system restart in order for the console to recognise it again. I think in trying to get my Brook Adapter working to update, I paired it up with my DS4, which then kicks off the connection to the Arcade controller. I'll have to look into clearing the connections to see if that fixes it...

Top Bottom