• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

EmbersToAshes

Neo Member
You need to change your PS4 display settings to remove those black boarders. It's under sound and screen-->display area settings

:p

Yup, that solved it. Should've tried that first I guess, sorry! Wonder why it only affected this game, rather than all my others. Cheers for the assist!

miku

You have my thanks!

Tried this and it disconnects my DIVA F Controller, which then requires a system restart in order for the console to recognise it again. I think in trying to get my Brook Adapter working to update, I paired it up with my DS4, which then kicks off the connection to the Arcade controller. I'll have to look into clearing the connections to see if that fixes it...

Hope there are ways to fix it!

"Over a million people played the arcade version" :p

Yup, that solved it. Should've tried that first I guess, sorry! Wonder why it only affected this game, rather than all my others. Cheers for the assist!

Because this game is special :p

macklelol

Played a bit tonight and I'm pretty pleased with some scores I got:
X2qylr7.jpg

fdor1X3.jpg

H8o179L.jpg

Also, some PV screenshots just cause

Mandelbo

Feh, you people and your extremes - I'm still going through trying to get excellents on all the hard mode songs. I'm gonna get a perfect on Common World Domination sooner or later!

Also, does anyone have any tips for hitting triple notes? I find it funny that quad notes are far easier than doubles or triples, but triples mess me up every time I come across one.

Refna

Feh, you people and your extremes - I'm still going through trying to get excellents on all the hard mode songs. I'm gonna get a perfect on Common World Domination sooner or later!

Also, does anyone have any tips for hitting triple notes? I find it funny that quad notes are far easier than doubles or triples, but triples mess me up every time I come across one.

i can only say for hard, as there are only two patterns of triples in hard
1) Triangle,square, X
2) Square, O, X
If one appears on the left, it is always 1)
If its on right, it is always 2)

so i bind some doubles on L2, R2 for them, and quads i hit both L2 R2

some other members here bind the 4 buttons on L1, L2, R1, R2 too

extremes can have other patterns tho

Wonko_C

I was able to purchase Colorful Tone, aiming to get Future Sound later in the month. I've been out of the Diva game for a while so I'm a bit rusty. I'm going back to the basics and starting with all perfects on easy. (Completionist syndrome)

Normal has some patterns during Challenge Mode that are worthy of the PSP/F series' hard mode. Practice mode is a blessing.

Question: Right Now the title screen says "Colorful Tone". Does this mean when I get Future Sound I'll have to switch between two different title screens everytime I want to play a song from the other pack?

Refna

I was able to purchase Colorful Tone, aiming to get Future Sound later in the month. I've been out of the Diva game for a while so I'm a bit rusty. I'm going back to the basics and starting with all perfects on easy. (Completionist syndrome)

Normal has some patterns during Challenge Mode that are worthy of the PSP/F series' hard mode. Practice mode is a blessing.

Question: Right Now the title screen says "Colorful Tone". Does this mean when I get Future Sound I'll have to switch between two different title screens everytime I want to play a song from the other pack?

Happy to see some other completionist here =)
i also just finished perfect all easy, normal and hard (except 4 songs)

My title screen is always Future Tone.

Is there a mapping for the Option button?

Option should just be Start.

The title screen has four configurable states (which are also limited by the packs you have installed, of course):

Prelude (if no packs are installed)
Future Sound
Colorful Tone
Future Tone (the default if both packs are installed)

It's purely cosmetic.

Wonko_C

Option should just be Start.

The title screen has four configurable states (which are also limited by the packs you have installed, of course):

Prelude (if no packs are installed)
Future Sound
Colorful Tone
Future Tone (the default if both packs are installed)

It's purely cosmetic.

That makes sense. I also just realized that, they used Future for the first word of the FS pack, and Tone for the second word of the CT pack.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
I'm very upset that they fixed the Engrish that was in Urbandonment's video in Project Diva F

SEGA does have a bit of a history when it comes to fixing stupid mistakes in Project DIVA PVs. I for one will never forget the hilarious microphone bug in the original Colourful x Melody PV.

lolMikuplz_zpsokmxixwf.png

EDIT: Holy... I just checked the PV in Future Tone, and they never bothered to fix it! They only fixed it for F2nd... hahahaha
DoublelolMiku_zpsaivpkbdv.png

If you're using a Brook, apparently Share is mapped to pressing Start+Select.

You, sir, are a legend; this works perfectly! There's a bit of a delay after pressing the two together, but it works. I'll try to take scores via this method from now on

EDIT 2:
Did they fix Kokoro's end scroll also?
Nope! Just checked it; still full of broken Engrish! Enjoy. :p

any way to get the OST?

There isn't a single OST mainly due to this being a songlist that was built up over a 7 year period. I believe a few CDs covering the songs that premiered in Arcade have been released now and again, but for the rest you probably have to go for the mainline Project DIVA soundtracks, artist albums, or the EXIT TUNES feat. Vocalo____ compilations.

Toadsili T

Neo Member
any way to get the OST?

As far as a complete OST in a single package goes, no. However, there have been multiple OST releases for most of the Project DIVA entries over the years, including songs unique to Arcade, that should cover most of the bases for Future Tone. Be warned that there will be some song overlap over many/all of these releases.

EDIT: To be clear, there should be store page links in these wiki page entries, although CDJapan will be your best bet for most of these.

Arcade Unique Songs (Most of these are in Colourful Tone)
Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Project Mirai

Project DIVA games (Most of these are in Future Sound)
DIVA 1st
DIVA 2nd
DIVA Extend
DIVA f/F

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention, as StarCreator said, you may also need to rely on artist album releases to fill any remaining gaps. The jacket art that shows up in the songlist menu is often (but not always) the actual CD from which the song originates, so you can use this as a rough guide to build up a complete OST list.

Bebpo

Banned
One addition I'd like for them to add is a way to sort songs by producer since if I like a song by a producer I'll probably like their other stuff as well.

But in general the UI options are pretty fantastic so it's not even a complaint, just something that'd be a neat addition.

SephLuis

Yesterday I beat Jugemu Sequencer with 71% on Extreme.

I am damn proud of that because the song is screwing with you in it's lyrics. Still a very fun song to play and listen.

I am starting to get close to beat 9* difficulty. Close like 68%-69% T.T

rpmurphy

One addition I'd like for them to add is a way to sort songs by producer since if I like a song by a producer I'll probably like their other stuff as well.

But in general the UI options are pretty fantastic so it's not even a complaint, just something that'd be a neat addition.
I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. And yeah, the usability enhancements in this are so nice. Practice mode in this game is exactly what I ever wanted in a rhythm game.

Is there a way to see if an extreme song has an Extra Extreme chart? Clicking right on song that doesn't have an Extra Extreme chart automatically brings you to the top of the song list which is really annoying.

Is there a way to see if an extreme song has an Extra Extreme chart? Clicking right on song that doesn't have an Extra Extreme chart automatically brings you to the top of the song list which is really annoying.

I don't think there's a way in game (which is dumb, I agree) but the song list on the official website lists it.

miku

What are the 8 songs only available on hard difficulty?

- いのちの歌 (Inochi no Uta) | Song of Life
- 恋スルVOC@LOID (Koisuru VOC@LOID) | VOC@LOID in Love
- ストロボナイツ (Strobo Nights)
- Packaged
- ハト (Hato) | Pigeon
- ひねくれ者 (Hinekure Mono) | The Rebel
- Far Away
- Last Night, Good Night

Also available on easy :p

Mandelbo

Kinda wish AgeAge Again was in this - it's the only non-GUMI song from Mirai DX that I'm missing right now. It feels weird not having the main theme from Mirai 2 in a song pack focusing on songs from the Mirai series!

- いのちの歌 (Inochi no Uta) | Song of Life
- 恋スルVOC@LOID (Koisuru VOC@LOID) | VOC@LOID in Love
- ストロボナイツ (Strobo Nights)
- Packaged
- ハト (Hato) | Pigeon
- ひねくれ者 (Hinekure Mono) | The Rebel
- Far Away
- Last Night, Good Night

Also available on easy :p

As well as Extreme and Extra Extreme, they don't have Normal charts because Diva 1 only had 3 difficulty levels.

Bebpo

Banned
Going back to Diva X is so weird coming from this. I don't get the the Diva series strayed such a different path than the arcade game in note arrangements. Also I lost my save and started over in Diva X while on a plane and not having hard unlocked from the start is pretty sucky.

Going back to Diva X is so weird coming from this. I don't get the the Diva series strayed such a different path than the arcade game in note arrangements. Also I lost my save and started over in Diva X while on a plane and not having hard unlocked from the start is pretty sucky.

I was baffled at what I was looking at when I went back to X. This is what I was playing less than 2 months ago?

Speaking of X, cool medley does not do Palette justice. That song is awesome on it's own.

ChrisD

Yeah, more songs and modules. Didn't say when though

You don't like hit noises?

I've found that I play a lot better with the Hit Noises at like, 40. I used to run them at 100, but it finally got to me after so long. Turning them off entirely is impossible though, kudos to anyone who can play with it like so haha.

I've found that I play a lot better with the Hit Noises at like, 40. I used to run them at 100, but it finally got to me after so long. Turning them off entirely is impossible though, kudos to anyone who can play with it like so haha.

I play with the sounds turned off on any set-up with lag. Don't need one more way to offset the button pressing feel.

Does anyone else find it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to do the multi-notes where one of them is a hold is the other isn't, and then lift the right finger off and leave the right finger on? I can do triple notes, I can do onslaughts of multi's, but for some reason this just straight breaks my brain.

Does anyone else find it absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to do the multi-notes where one of them is a hold is the other isn't, and then lift the right finger off and leave the right finger on? I can do triple notes, I can do onslaughts of multi's, but for some reason this just straight breaks my brain.

Haha yeah but it is not always necessary if you want to get MAX HOLD.

Top Bottom