• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

KurisuKaatsu

Neo Member
The answer will likely have to be sent via PM.
I need to know if there is a website where I can get the files for the background art, the album art, and the song logo for all the songs. I don't know if a site has ripped it yet or if someone has access to the Diva HDD but if anyone can direct me, it will be appreciated.

I'm definitely going for Future Sound since it's music I'm familiar with as opposed to all new songs. Plus the song count is higher, so there's that too.

Honestly, I'm like the Colorful Tone songs more because they're new (to me). I love the Future Sound songs, but I've already played most of them to death in older games :p

Both packs are great, though, and are incredible value for your money.

Roubjon

There isn't a way to play the game on my U.S. account right? I need to be logged into my JPN account for it to run.

Also this game rules btw.

You need to set you JP account as your primary in order for your US account to run the game
More specifically, you set the PS4 as the account's primary PS4. This can be done for all your accounts, and there's no reason not to if it's the only PS4 you use.

Crossposted from the general/news thread: So per Weekly Diva Station there's some sort of live event that will be happening at Akihabara UDX on Saturday. Unusually, they're also going to live stream from it! (It's Friday evening for most of the US - 9 pm EDT to be exact). YouTube link. It seems the live will cover, at minimum, Future Tone, the new VR thing, and some time with Mikudayo and Mikunano.

94b7ea47a9acf91ec103ad4cb216be5a-450x253.jpg

2-450x253.jpg

2a8073057b7e26285c8ec75d2c8cdc25-450x338.jpg

Mandelbo

I don't know why, but for some reason I'm having more fun with songs from Diva F2nd in this game than I was in Diva F2nd. I distinctly remember not liking the tracklist for F2nd very much, but perhaps I just didn't find F2nd very fun to play? Future Tone certainly has the edge because it doesn't have any star notes in it whatsoever, let alone double star notes

Take Meltdown, for instance. That was in F2nd, and I must have played it at some point, so how come it's only just now registering as a really fun song to me?

muteki

Meltdown has been great since PSP 2nd, only gets better in Future Tone. Not having scratch notes is a big improvement though.

OT but, I found some Miku blindboxed keychains at the local Target of all places, for 5 dollars. Wierd.

No other human being should have to know what it feels like to come thiiiiis close to perfecting Oha-Yo-del!! on extreme but chock at the very end.

Luigi87

Meltdown has been great since PSP 2nd, only gets better in Future Tone. Not having scratch notes is a big improvement though.

OT but, I found some Miku blindboxed keychains at the local Target of all places, for 5 dollars. Wierd.

Saw them at EB Games here in Canada.
Miku's domination has begun.

macklelol

No other human being should have to know what it feels like to come thiiiiis close to perfecting Oha-Yo-del!! on extreme but chock at the very end.
It sucks, you breeze through most of the song then the last 10-15 seconds is way more difficult compared to the rest of the song.

...though I could really say the same thing about most harder songs in this game lol.

1.02 is now out? Any testing done?

Also going to have to check out Target to see if those keychains are any good. What section did you find them in?

I find it hilarious how there's all this talk about timing problems on f songs and then when the patch is out that apparently fixes it everyone has moved on to Target toys.

luminous

1.02 has fixed up the timing & volume issues it seems, I can confirm that ODDS&ENDS no longer sounds clearly off and neither does Summer Idol sound louder than anything else

Bebpo

Banned
Downloading! Only 550mb too.

Edit: Don't know what I expected. It's just like it was on the vita obviously. Overall presentation feels like a step back after getting used to future tone. 60fps is nice though.

Makes me wish they offered FT physically and made X a download on PS4.

I wish you could just buy a song transfer pack that put the rest of the X songs into Future Tone, so you could play them there and ignore X.

macklelol

yay it's nice to be able to play Sadistic Music Factory without having to change my timing settings now

Managed to get a Great on it too! Might take a while to to get it up to an Excellent, though.

Lol actually I want songs remains exclusive in their respective games.

And they could remaster that PSP games (PD, PD2nd and extend) to ps vita/ps4.

Fair solution.

F 2nd song list was amazing! I hated the scratch notes that zipped around in different shapes, though. Forget what those are called.

My local Books A Million has had them for months now. I buy one every time I go there (which is like once a month lol).

raven777

songs that are fixed

Weekender Girl
  ODDS&ENDS
  Sadistic.Music∞Factory
  サマーアイドル
  Stay with me
  ネガポジ*コンティニューズ
  ブラック★ロックシューター
  FREELY TOMORROW
  夢の続き
  WORLD'S END UMBRELLA

An addition I'd like to see would be to be able to order the songs by game. Have all of the different games as different categories and order the songs within those categories as they appeared in the original game. I have no idea how I would communicate my wish to Sega though.

Mandelbo

Just played Weekender Girl on hard again. Before the patch I was at 85% accuracy and now I got a perfect on my first try. This patch is a godsend so far!

Yeah, the patch seems to have fixed the issues. I only booted the game up to try ODDS&ENDS and ended up spending over an hour going through my favourites list again, which is always a mark of a great rhythm game to me.

Mandelbo

Played the Diva X demo for a little bit and I vastly prefer Future Tone. Future Tone is a much more streamlined experience - it's just the songs and nothing more, while Diva X just feels like it has so much bloat inbetween you and the music, like the VN sections and the way songs seem to be divided into quests. Rush notes also feel kinda weird to me, not to mention star notes are in it too. When I cleared a song it also didn't tell me what my grade was immediately, it just said I'd cleared it. Not a fan!

raven777

Diva X HD demo has share function completely blocked it seems?

Anyways, visually I think Future Tone looks much better..

Roubjon

Damn this is way harder than the other console/handheld Miku games. The addition of doubles and triples really messes with my head.

Mandelbo

Diva X HD demo has share function completely blocked it seems?

Anyways, visually I think Future Tone looks much better..

Yeah, Future Tone actually looks quite impressive to me in some areas, like the cool bokeh DOF effects that sometimes get used, the lighting, shaders and the quality of the models too, while keeping a constant 60fps. Diva X is at 60fps but it's not really much of a step up from the F games at all, I guess because it's on Vita too.

Damn this is way harder than the other console/handheld Miku games. The addition of doubles and triples really messes with my head.

They were quite tricky to me at first too. In all the other games I'd never really made use of both sides of the controller, but with hold notes and multi-notes Future Tone really forces you to get used to it early on. If you're struggling, you could always give practice mode a try, since it lets you start anywhere in the song and if you mess up you can restart immediately from where you began.

system11

Bought it this week, it's a great title despite the hefty price tag.

I really had trouble with Diva F 2nd normal mode (I actually gave up and shelved it). I'm enjoying Future Tone normal mode though, less emphasis on complex sequences and a tighter timing window - works much better for me. 60fps is a massive improvement too.

There is no universe in which I could consider 8424 yen for 222 songs - content that was originally released over a period of half a decade - a hefty price tag. I'm probably going to end up spending that much money for 20 songs worth of gameplay on DDR at D&B this week...

Roubjon

They were quite tricky to me at first too. In all the other games I'd never really made use of both sides of the controller, but with hold notes and multi-notes Future Tone really forces you to get used to it early on. If you're struggling, you could always give practice mode a try, since it lets you start anywhere in the song and if you mess up you can restart immediately from where you began.

I switched the the notes to all be flying arrows as opposed to shapes and then started playing Blackjack on Extreme in practice mode. The arrows are definitely helping and I'm definitely grasping everything a bit better now. It's when I eventually get a perfect on the song that I'll know I'm super comfortable with the controls and everything is in muscle memory.

It's tempting but I'm definitely sticking with all four symbols because I want skills to have at least some carryover to the arcade .-.

Mandelbo

I switched the the notes to all be flying arrows as opposed to shapes and then started playing Blackjack on Extreme in practice mode. The arrows are definitely helping and I'm definitely grasping everything a bit better now. It's when I eventually get a perfect on the song that I'll know I'm super comfortable with the controls and everything is in muscle memory.

Ooh yeah, I'd forgotten about switching to arrows. I did that as soon as I could - arrows are far more readable to me, since the shapes are much simpler and they're kind of input-agnostic as they represent both sides of the controller equally (direction of the arrow for the d-pad, colour of the arrow for the shape buttons) rather than only describing the right side. One of the reasons I always tripped up on the F games on harder difficulties is because when there were tight clusters of notes I couldn't easily tell what buttons I should be pressing because the screen got so cluttered. I'm having no such problems with Future Tone.

Yeah I wish this was a physical release.

What's the difficulty of Diva X like compared to F 2nd (in normal mode)?

I thought it was pretty easy, but I thought F 2nd was easy also. Quest mode has totally different clear conditions than the rhythm game mode though - so it's easier than ever for the game to tell you you "cleared", but you're not graded in quest mode.

system11

Hm, I need a demo.

For me:
Diva F - perfect
Diva Future Tone - perfect + more fun to play due to 60fps
Diva F 2nd - too hard

Banned
Played the X HD demo and now I can definitely say I prefer the look of Future Tone. X is nice, but it's just kinda boring to watch and I feel Future Tone is a lot nicer to look at. I guess it also might be because X's PVs in general are pretty boring, maybe it would look better if we got some of the more interesting ones from F and F 2nd.

Yuuichi

Anyone tried playing this with a fightstick and have an opinion? Considering getting one for KOF next month and using it with this as well.

Top Bottom