• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Hopefully Sunday I'll be done and can play (pic from a few days ago).

IDv8xqa.jpg
What's the spacing between buttons? That looks a little too spread out.

Luigi87

I take solace in that's is still smaller spacing than some of the custom Diva controllers I've seen
and that I'm average at best at the games anyhow, lol.

Ultimately I based my distance on a fellow who made his own Diva cabinet (with his own blueprints included) in Taiwan that I saw in YouTube.

Just played the X Demo on PS4 and it is awesome, lol.

For those who expect graphical upgrade from X, haven't you guys played the F and F 2nd on PS3? That is straight port, so current demo graphics is expected.

Wonko_C

Ever since Project Diva f I suspected some PVs used pre-rendered videos in certain parts. Future Tone made it obvious when playing some of the songs like Torinoko City, there are some 30fps backgrounds in that one. It makes me think that was one of the reasons the PS3 ports ran at 30fps, to keep framerate consistent between background elements.

Might also be why f's version of World's End Dancehall wasn't ported to Arcade. I'm betting the background where they're dancing on top of the speeding trucks is a pre-rendered video.

Mandelbo

Added my name to the spreadsheet in the OP, will add you all tomorrow when I'm on my PS4 again! I was gonna suggest making a PSN community for Mikugaf but one probably already exists and I probably wouldn't post in it very much :p

muteki

first time playing after the update and game feels much better, or I'm getting better, either one.

only ~60 more hard songs left to go :p

Zhao_Yun

Only wanted to check the timing fixes and ended up playing for 4 hours straight. I love this game
although Extreme still destroys me ;_;

Ever since Project Diva f I suspected some PVs used pre-rendered videos in certain parts. Future Tone made it obvious when playing some of the songs like Torinoko City, there are some 30fps backgrounds in that one. It makes me think that was one of the reasons the PS3 ports ran at 30fps, to keep framerate consistent between background elements.

Might also be why f's version of World's End Dancehall wasn't ported to Arcade. I'm betting the background where they're dancing on top of the speeding trucks is a pre-rendered video.
If that is true than this has officially dethroned "cinematic framerate" as dumbest attempt at an excuse for not going to 60fps.

Mandelbo

I'm so gonna get a perfect on this... practice mode is one of my favourite things about this game.

Also, why is the extra extreme version of Meltdown easier than the regular extreme version? Did they mix up the beatmaps?

Luigi87

I'm so gonna get a perfect on this... practice mode is one of my favourite things about this game.

Also, why is the extra extreme version of Meltdown easier than the regular extreme version? Did they mix up the beatmaps?

Extra Extreme doesn't necessarily mean it's harder than Extreme, it just means they've changed it in that it was upgraded for Future Tone arcade (versus the original arcade release) by adding in Swipe notes.

Mandelbo

Extra Extreme doesn't necessarily mean it's harder than Extreme, it just means they've changed it in that it was upgraded for Future Tone arcade (versus the original arcade release) by adding in Swipe notes.

Oh, ok - that makes sense, although most of the other extra extreme songs are harder than their extreme counterparts and the wording makes it sound like it's even more extreme rather than just an alternate extreme beatmap.

Roubjon

Thanks for clearing that up. I was really confused lol.

Luigi87

So I need to get a solderless Brook PCB, as the soldered one is WAY too hard for me to solder onto... so that's money semi-wasted there (semi, because in the future I'll import a breakout board and just put it in my Qanba Q4 stick).

So... still some days away, but this is generally what it looks like

So I need to get a solderless Brook PCB, as the soldered one is WAY too hard for me to solder onto... so that's money semi-wasted there (semi, because in the future I'll import a breakout board and just put it in my Qanba Q4 stick).

So... still some days away, but this is generally what it looks like

That still looks incredibly difficult to play on, and I really wish you had mentioned your measurements beforehand. As a reminder, this is what the actual controls look like in the arcade:

How practical would it be to remake the case? I could take measurements off my Hori controller, which should be very close if not exactly like the arcade dimensions.

Luigi87

That still looks incredibly difficult to play on, and I really wish you had mentioned your measurements beforehand. As a reminder, this is what the actual controls look like in the arcade:

How practical would it be to remake the case? I could take measurements off my Hori controller, which should be very close if not exactly like the arcade dimensions.

It wouldn't be practical at all in the near future, but I still wouldn't mind having the exact measurements for reference's sake.
Basically the top panel can't come out (glued in) so I would have to likely turn the bottom panel into the top, and get another board to cover the top as a new bottom. Just don't have the time or money to do that anytime soon.

Fortuantely I have large enough hands that I can still have my thumbs over the square and cross, and fingers over the triangle and circle when need be

Mandelbo

This evening I found the Vegetable Juice song.

I think this is one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not even joking - there's such a wide variety of songs, it plays incredibly well, it looks great and it's so goddamn fun. The Witcher 3 arrived today, but I only lasted about an hour before going back to Future Tone. It may well be *just* a rhythm game, but it's so pure and refined, and does what it does so perfectly.

This evening I found the Vegetable Juice song.

I think this is one of the best games I've ever played. I'm not even joking - there's such a wide variety of songs, it plays incredibly well, it looks great and it's so goddamn fun. The Witcher 3 arrived today, but I only lasted about an hour before going back to Future Tone. It may well be *just* a rhythm game, but it's so pure and refined, and does what it does so perfectly.
I agree. Definitely best rhythm game I've ever played and probably top 5 for me.

The music didn't play until the second "retry". Is that a way to trick the game to output music with PS4-captured videos?

You can record your gameplay first, copy the recorded video to USB and edit in computer by adding audio track. Before render and upload make sure the song and buttons are in sync.

Pro Tip: Switch your SHARE settings as Easy screenshots. Hold share button and tap SHARE settings to access this option.

Double-tap to start recording (start at loading screen), double-tap again to end recording (after showing scores). It would saving your time because no need to do video trimming.

Sample by me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-AL8ZO855o

==

Using built-in ShareFactory is doable, but not accurate since ShareFactory limits by 1 second gap, so you cannot make sure if the audio and video (tap buttons) is in-sync.

You'll getting copyright notices by uploading video to youtube with (copyrighted) music.

system11

Wow Colorful Sexy is tough, it seems easy enough then half way into the song there are some repeated notes my thumb simply isn't quick enough to do. This is where buttons would probably be easier.

I really love that Tricolor Airlines song for some reason.

Luigi87

I haven't been playing much since I wanted to wait until my controller is finished, but it won't be until Tuesday until I get my new PCB, so I decided to play some anyhow (because the game is too addicting to stay away).

Wow, I thought the PV for erase or zero in F2nd was good, but holy crap it is so much friggin nicer looking in this game.

Mandelbo

Excellents where you get over 100% accuracy but also got one safe note are the worst kind of excellent. I still think it's funny that I have some perfects with a lower accuracy rating than some of my excellents.

I know this is not much since it's only on Hard (especially since I could easily perfect most of the songs on Extreme on PDF2nd), but since I still can't get used to the triple notes in the Extreme chart this will have to do for now.

Snow White Princess Is (Hard - Perfect)

This game is quite fun, but I really need some time to get used to the Extreme charts. I mostly have no issues with double notes and quadruple notes, but my brain just can't quickly process the triple notes. One step at a time...

Just made a Japanese PSN account, downloaded the demo, fell in love, picked up a yen code from Play-Asia, and the download of both packs is almost complete. Yay, it was really easy.

The only other Diva game I've played is the Vita Project DIVA f so I'm super excited, and of course I have X on preorder.

I know this is not much since it's only on Hard (especially since I could easily perfect most of the songs on Extreme on PDF2nd), but since I still can't get used to the triple notes in the Extreme chart this will have to do for now.

Snow White Princess Is (Hard - Perfect)

This game is quite fun, but I really need some time to get used to the Extreme charts. I mostly have no issues with double notes and quadruple notes, but my brain just can't quickly process the triple notes. One step at a time...
The triple notes are not that bad once you realize they mostly only use 2/4 possible combinations: x, square, triangle, and x, square, circle. The other two seem a lot rarer. The triangle shaped triple combos don't ever even incorporate the other two I believe.

Valanarro

as someone new to the franchise, would this be a good jumping in point? havent played a rythym game since rock band 3 came out and really interested in something to scratch that itch. also any chance of this coming stateside at all?

Mandelbo

as someone new to the franchise, would this be a good jumping in point? havent played a rythym game since rock band 3 came out and really interested in something to scratch that itch. also any chance of this coming stateside at all?

I doubt this is going to come west, at least not for a long time. The game isn't text-heavy at all though, so you should have no issue playing it regardless.

Future Tone (with both song packs) has the vast majority of songs from the two vita games, F and F2nd, as well as quite a lot from the Mirai series on DS, not to mention the arcade original songs. This ought to be a great jumping in point - just over half the total songs have an easy mode and almost all of them have a normal mode, so you won't be dropped in at the deep end. There's no real point in getting either vita game if you can get Future Tone, imo. Project Mirai DX would be quite a good beginner title too, but it does play a bit differently to Future Tone and is a little easy too.

Try the demo and see what you think! If you prefer, you can get one song pack now and then the other one later so you don't overwhelm yourself.

Just made a Japanese PSN account, downloaded the demo, fell in love, picked up a yen code from Play-Asia, and the download of both packs is almost complete. Yay, it was really easy.

The only other Diva game I've played is the Vita Project DIVA f so I'm super excited, and of course I have X on preorder.

Congratulations and welcome to the club ^^

as someone new to the franchise, would this be a good jumping in point?

Honestly, I'd say no. I think the vast number of songs as well as the gameplay mechanics would be overwhelming to a newcomer. I'd recommend starting with Project DIVA f on PS Vita or Project DIVA F on PS3. I believe there are demos for both on US PSN.

But there's nothing stopping you from downloading the free Future Tone client from Japan PSN and trying the 2 free songs that come with it if you're really interested in Future Tone specifically.

Deft Beck

Don't start with this game. This game is more for the longtime fans. Start with Project Diva F.

It's not coming stateside.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

I'd recommend getting F 2nd if you haven't. I love that game to bits.

The triple notes are not that bad once you realize they mostly only use 2/4 possible combinations: x, square, triangle, and x, square, circle. The other two seem a lot rarer. The triangle shaped triple combos don't ever even incorporate the other two I believe.

Oh, that's great to know, I didn't really pay attention but I'll try to check if that song only has those two combinations. It should definitely make everything a bit easier that way.

muteki

Just cleared all the hard songs and got all the modules in Future Tone. Whew.

There are still some scoring details I'm not clear on yet, as why sometimes hold notes will contribute to your score but not to your %. I figured it must be the rating of the hold note or keeping the combo but it isn't consistent.

Also, I'm starting to go through the tedium of watching PVs and taking pictures, is there a way to manage which photos show up during loading screens and which don't?

Zhao_Yun

Also, I'm starting to go through the tedium of watching PVs and taking pictures, is there a way to manage which photos show up during loading screens and which don't?

You have to delete the images you don't want as loading screens in the Capture Gallery Menu of the PS4.

You have to delete the images you don't want as loading screens in the Capture Gallery Menu of the PS4.
To add to this, the ones marked with the controller icon are the only ones that will show up in loading screens. I was wondering why some weren't showing up in the loading that were in the gallery myself.

How many tracks from Diva F 2nd are in Future Tone? Thinking of getting F 2nd for Vita but I don't want to if I have most of the songs on Future Tone. Future Tone rocks btw.

Top Bottom