• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Kumubou

Interesting. How much overlap is there between Future Tone and Diva X HD that's coming next month?
There's zero overlap between the two games and there probably won't be any unless they start backporting the X songs to the arcade version of Future Tone (like they did with F and F2).

Bebpo

Banned
There's zero overlap between the two games and there probably won't be any unless they start backporting the X songs to the arcade version of Future Tone (like they did with F and F2).

That's not entirely true though. Several X songs are in Future Tone like Hajimete no Oto (the first song in X) and I think 1 or 2 other ones. Plus the X medleys at the end of each world contain a lot of the Future Tone songs in them. That said I wish they had a deal where if you bought X you could port the songs into FT, but then that wouldn't work either because the games use slightly different note patterns. I miss Urotander :(

How many tracks from Diva F 2nd are in Future Tone? Thinking of getting F 2nd for Vita but I don't want to if I have most of the songs on Future Tone. Future Tone rocks btw.

Almost all of the F 2nd songs are in Future Tone, but the charts are different. I find some songs to be more fun to play in F 2nd while others are more fun in Future Tone.

But unless you're a really hardcore fan of the games or a trophy hunter, I don't see why picking up F 2nd would really be worth it if you already have Future Tone.

Cool, thanks for all the help!

I played Future Tone all weekend, I did nothing else. I haven't even gotten to every song once, there's so many it's incredible! Most cleared on Medium, and after today I'm jumping into hard.

Roubjon

Had one of those moments where all of a sudden things are easier to read and I'm hitting basically all of the doubles and triples. That made getting good scores on Extreme versions of songs way easier lol.

SHarris78

Had one of those moments where all of a sudden things are easier to read and I'm hitting basically all of the doubles and triples. That made getting good scores on Extreme versions of songs way easier lol.

If you get one of those moments spare, send it my way. I can't even get the doubles down, nothing registers in my head when they appear on screen - well, nothing other than 'oh sh!t!!!' anyway.

Roubjon

If you get one of those moments spare, send it my way. I can't even get the doubles down, nothing registers in my head when they appear on screen - well, nothing other than 'oh sh!t!!!' anyway.

What helped me were three things:

1) Switching the notes to all arrows as opposed to the playstation symbols, as it is a more universal type of shape that equates to both sides of the controller. If you have access to the actual arcade game though I wouldn't recommend it.

2) Practice mode - picking a song that's giving you trouble with the doubles and keep practicing that one section over and over again until you can get it, and keep playing through the song from the start over and over again as well.

3) Just keep playing, because eventually you'll get there haha.

muteki

Debating putting a whole lot of time into extreme at this point or waiting until the controller comes out in August. Realistically will probably be back to Normal while I adjust.

Refna

Debating putting a whole lot of time into extreme at this point or waiting until the controller comes out in August. Realistically will probably be back to normal while I adjust.

I am waiting for the controller, and as you said have to familiarize again when it arrives anyway.
Still a bit sad they do not release one similar to the arcade pads tho

Catching up after being away for the weekend.

Seems Arcade Future Tone is getting Extra Extreme charts for 39, Master of Puppets, and Poppippo later this week. Doesn't seem to be any word on whether this will make it over to PS4 Future Tone yet.

Luigi87

My controller is finally up and running! Save for one light which isn't lit because I need a longer wire (I stupidly cut the wire too short, and if I attach it it pulls on my Circle button, which causes the button to miss the microswitch)

Controls great, except since I'm totally not used to these style controls it feels like back when I first played extend (my first PD game) on PSP, lol

Mandelbo

Switching to arrows definitely helps there. Makes multi-notes far more readable at a glance, whereas if you're using the PS symbols you have to map the symbol to the corresponding direction as well as making sure your fingers are in the right place. I think I'd screw up multi-notes all the time were it not for the arrows!

Luigi87

Only thing I really need is I need to get softer microswitches (probably Cherry D44X) in the future. I unfortunately didn't have access to them locally, and I would prefer a softer microswitch.

12472511_1731106197153870_2331733436239916507_n.jpg

13615196_1731106207153869_1298754219425360601_n.jpg

Sorry if well tread territory by now, but had First session since the patch. Timing seems way more dialed in and I now feel any missed notes are much more user error then bad lag/calibration.

The road to extreme begins now.

This game truly is the worst for when you need to take a break
"... Eh, just one more song." [Repeat]

I always find myself selecting a new song without thinking about it, and then a third of the way through remember I was supposed to end the session already. "Well, one more won't hurt."

And then I remember I've already gone through this cycle like five times.

I was just browsing YouTube and came across another controller design, using three levers instead of buttons to replace the touch slider/d-pad. I think it's a bit more elegant than two buttons per side, and I might have to consider trying to build one this style.

As it turns out, my digital calipers need a new battery, so I haven't been able to measure the Hori controller accurately. The distance seems to be about 122mm from center to center based on the analog rule, but I'll verify again once I get that battery replaced.

Kumubou

Does anyone have a breakdown on how scoring and achievement rate work? Or in particular, how something like this can happen?

A 95% cool rate is usually good for an achievement rate of 103-104%... but on this particular song I can't break 100%? I'm not missing any obvious holds and I get enough of them for the game to stop giving me bonus percentage points during the song. And I don't think I'm doing anything dumb score-wise, since there aren't any scores on the leaderboard way above this.

ChrisD

Is it doing whatever the heck Project Mirai did? Same perfect combo and same spin amount (aka one) would get me different numbers for seemingly no reason at all. Best theory I ever came up with is that you get more points the closer to the beat you got; that Cools could give different point amounts.

Mandelbo

Is it doing whatever the heck Project Mirai did? Same perfect combo and same spin amount (aka one) would get me different numbers for seemingly no reason at all. Best theory I ever came up with is that you get more points the closer to the beat you got; that Cools could give different point amounts.

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. So say you get a Cool if your accuracy is between 80% and 100%, but hitting 100% would award more points than 80% despite the game displaying the same ranking. It'd also explain the whole being able to get over 100% total accuracy even if you don't get a perfect thing.

Come to think of it, that should be fairly easy to test with practice mode - I'll give it a try when I'm next on my PS4.

Has there been any news of any future song packs or some kind of schedule? I'd love to add more songs i enjoy to the roster.

Would also like to know this!

Mandelbo

Yeah, there was an interview a few weeks ago that said something like they are planning to release DLC (songs and modules) this summer. It won't be free but cheaper than the Future Sound/Colorful Tone pack~

Good to hear. I still have leftover credit on my account from buying Future Tone, so hopefully that'll be enough to cover it!

macklelol

yay
God, the ending of this song is a gigantic pain in the ass.

Just got Intense Voice left to clear then I'll have passed all the 10* songs! My best attempt on it is 74%, but I can't get past the ending at all lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm just getting back into Mirai Deluxe on 3DS and really want some more rhythm goodness. I'm looking into getting a PS4 soon and am wondering how easy it is to play this game in the US with no knowledge of JP?

Roubjon

I'm just getting back into Mirai Deluxe on 3DS and really want some more rhythm goodness. I'm looking into getting a PS4 soon and am wondering how easy it is to play this game in the US with no knowledge of JP?

It's extremely easy to navigate. And if you ever have any questions about stuff in the options menu I'm sure some of us could help you out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's extremely easy to navigate. And if you ever have any questions about stuff in the options menu I'm sure some of us could help you out.

Cool.

And is that Hori controller going to work with US consoles? I can't imagine why it wouldn't, but it's worth asking. And I'm assuming it will also work with Project DIVA X when that releases stateside?

SephLuis

Cool.

And is that Hori controller going to work with US consoles? I can't imagine why it wouldn't, but it's worth asking. And I'm assuming it will also work with Project DIVA X when that releases stateside?

Project Diva X releases at the end of this month, but I am not sure if it will work with an arcade controller.

ChrisD

Project Diva X releases at the end of this month, but I am not sure if it will work with an arcade controller.

I think the Hori controller Nicoga is talking about is the PDX controller -- the question that technically should be asked is if the controller works with PD:FT. And the answer is a yes, unless some horrible disaster happens and they release screw-y controllers (I don't see this happening at all) it will work on both. ^^

If he's talking about past Hori controllers, I think those have all worked on FT thus far with the proper cables judging by the posts earlier in the thread, and I see no reason they wouldn't work with X.

As for if it will work with US consoles, I won't say anything with 100% certainty, but I can give you my 99% and say yes it will work. Controllers aren't region-locked. =)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think the Hori controller Nicoga is talking about is the PDX controller -- the question that technically should be asked is if the controller works with PD:FT. And the answer is a yes, unless some horrible disaster happens and they release screw-y controllers (I don't see this happening at all) it will work on both. ^^

If he's talking about past Hori controllers, I think those have all worked on FT thus far with the proper cables judging by the posts earlier in the thread, and I see no reason they wouldn't work with X.

As for if it will work with US consoles, I won't say anything with 100% certainty, but I can give you my 99% and say yes it will work. Controllers aren't region-locked. =)

Yeah, I'm referring to this guy:

Play-Asia link

I should rephrase and ask if I were to invest in this controller, would it (theoretically) work with X and FT?

Fantastic. Is there info on that page that explains the touch stuff? Gonna preorder this I think. Been loving Miku games for a while, and FT has Summer Idol which is obviously best song.

I think it's pretty self-explanatory. The game has a forced tutorial on first launch, just don't skip it.

Oh, there'll be no controller dedicated to FT then. I was hoping to get a controller with a layout similar to the arcade version...
That's kinda disappointing to be honest.

If you mean the straight line layout, there is a physical switch on the controller that switches it to an arcade-like control scheme across the middle four buttons. I am a bit disappointed about nothing being done as far as a controller with 100mm buttons exactly like the arcade, but not much to be done about that. Maybe there will be another controller manufacturer able to fill that niche down the line.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think it's pretty self-explanatory. The game has a forced tutorial on first launch, just don't skip it.

If you mean the straight line layout, there is a physical switch on the controller that switches it to an arcade-like control scheme across the middle four buttons. I am a bit disappointed about nothing being done as far as a controller with 100mm buttons exactly like the arcade, but not much to be done about that. Maybe there will be another controller manufacturer able to fill that niche down the line.

I meant is there a dedicated "touch strip"? What is the middle rectangular button below the PS Button on the minicon for?

Mandelbo

My first ever perfect extreme, on any miku game...! Seriously so pleased - I never would've been able to do this on any of the other games since they don't have a practice mode. It really does make it substantially less frustrating playing hard songs since you can go over small chunks of the song repeatedly, very quickly, rather than having to play the entire thing to get to the part you want to practice every time.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. And this switch definitely seems better than nothing!
I might pick up that controller then, even though I wish I could try it before buying it. It's not really cheap :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm definitely going to go ahead and purchase this. How do I go about doing so in the US? I have to create a JP account, get JP money, and navigate the JP store. I don't know how to do any of those things! :)

Also, with regards to the controller up for pre-order...I've never pre-ordered from PA before. Are they typically priced well and do they tend to deliver on time? I know some of the bigger name JP toy/game import sites tend to overprice their goods (HLJ did that for Gunpla and other model kits).

Mandelbo

So I'm definitely going to go ahead and purchase this. How do I go about doing so in the US? I have to create a JP account, get JP money, and navigate the JP store. I don't know how to do any of those things! :)

This is the guide I used when making my japanese account. Even though the guide is for how to do it on a PS3, I imagine the steps will be fairly similar on a PS4. In order to add money to your account, you'll either need a japanese credit card or buy prepaid cards from import sites (the japanese psn store doesn't support paypal, unfortunately.) I get all my prepaid cards from Play-Asia, and they usually email the code to me within seconds of buying them.

Luigi87

Got my Cherry switches from Focus Attack today, installed them in my homemade controller.

So, so, so much better. 75g actuation vs. the 150g I had is a huge difference.

Top Bottom