• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

Koppai

I think if Sega is planning to release this in the west they might make physical copies, and they will probably wait a while after Diva X comes out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How do leaderboards and stuff work? Just regular PSN friends or do they have to be JP PSN friends?

Also, I decided to wait to pre-order the controller. I don't imagine it will become impossible to get after release, will it?

How do leaderboards and stuff work? Just regular PSN friends or do they have to be JP PSN friends?

Also, I decided to wait to pre-order the controller. I don't imagine it will become impossible to get after release, will it?

IIRC Asian PS Store release are getting leaderboard from Asian only.

Japanese release only display leaderboard from japanese players.

CMIIW

====

Delicious thing

13912857_10154407581209771_1625954149638802858_n.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah OK - thanks. I guess I can't have fun competing with GAF scores. :|

What's the DLC I can buy on the store? Is it new outfits or something?

Ah OK - thanks. I guess I can't have fun competing with GAF scores. :|

What's the DLC I can buy on the store? Is it new outfits or something?

Hmm I think most GAFers here purchased from japanese store (me also from Asia but I purchased from japanese store).

SEGA has been confirming there are DLC in the works but not sure when they will be released.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmm I think most GAFers here purchased from japanese store (me also from Asia but I purchased from japanese store).

SEGA has been confirming there are DLC in the works but not sure when they will be released.

I just found the Google Doc the OP talked about. Should I put my NA PSN or my JP PSN?

And I think the store has the prelude, each game separate, the bundle, and then an unlock all in game stuff option (at least that's what a little YouTube hunting tells me). In which case, I have no need to bother with it for now.

Also, I don't see Reverse Rainbow listed in the song list. Is it listed under it's JP name or is it just not in the game? That and Summer Idol are two of my favorite songs.

Zhao_Yun

Oh - this is where things get confusing. So I made a JP account and downloaded the game. But I don't need to be on my JP account to play the game?

If your PS4 is set as the primary PS4 of your JP account, you can play the game on all other accounts on your PS4 as well.

edit: ninja'd ;<

Mandelbo

Anyone got a full list of songs besides Ageage Again that have been added to Diva Arcade recently? I'm quite interested in seeing what else is likely to be in the DLC (I doubt they're going to make songs specifically for the PS4 game, right? They'll just port them from the arcade.)

Anyone got a full list of songs besides Ageage Again that have been added to Diva Arcade recently? I'm quite interested in seeing what else is likely to be in the DLC (I doubt they're going to make songs specifically for the PS4 game, right? They'll just port them from the arcade.)

http://projectdiva.wiki/List+of+Songs+(Arcade)

Songs yet to be released on PS4:
Age Age Again
Cendrillon
Shake it
Adolescence
Gaikotsu Gakudan to Riria (Skeleton Orchestra And Lilia)
Kimi no Taion (Your heat)
+ the two that are most likely never coming, Kagerou Days and Hachi Hachi Flower Fight

There are also a bunch of Extra Extreme charts that haven't made it over. It looks like the last batch that made the cut were the ones released on February 10 (Packaged, Rosary Pale, and Nightmare Partynight). So we're currently missing charts for:
  • Sayonara Goodbye
  • StargazeR
  • Uraomote Lovers
  • Ievan Polkka
  • VOiCE -DIVA MIX-
  • Sekiranun Graffiti
  • Anata no Utahime
  • Maigo life
  • Franciska
  • from Y to Y
  • Koi iro byoutou
  • Master of puppets
  • Poppippou

Mandelbo

http://projectdiva.wiki/List+of+Songs+(Arcade)

Songs yet to be released on PS4:
Age Age Again
Cendrillon
Shake it
Adolescence
Gaikotsu Gakudan to Riria (Skeleton Orchestra And Lilia)
Kimi no Taion (Your heat)
+ the two that are most likely never coming, Kagerou Days and Hachi Hachi Flower Fight

Yeeeeesssssss! Loved that song in Mirai DX! Although, Cendrillion and Adolescence are the same song with different lyrics, right? I remember that annoying me when I was playing through DX, but if they *are* both in the DLC then at least I won't need to play them both.

There are also a bunch of Extra Extreme charts that haven't made it over. It looks like the last batch that made the cut were the ones released on February 10 (Packaged, Rosary Pale, and Nightmare Partynight). So we're currently missing charts for:
  • Sayonara Goodbye
  • StargazeR
  • Uraomote Lovers
  • Ievan Polkka
  • VOiCE -DIVA MIX-
  • Sekiranun Graffiti
  • Anata no Utahime
  • Maigo life
  • Franciska
  • from Y to Y
  • Koi iro byoutou
  • Master of puppets
  • Poppippou

Looking forward to seeing what they do with slide notes on Uraomote Lovers. That extreme chart's hard enough as it is!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got to spend a little time with this tonight. Got my notes setup (I use all 4 arrows because that's what I got used to on 3DS) and tried to get my calibration right...That part of music games always ruin me a bit. Getting that set juuuust right is the worst.

There are SO many songs I've never heard, and I love it. Found and favorites Tricolor and Summer Idol, so I can be happy with that. I'm a bit confused about how the outfit section works. It seems that there are a bunch of button prompts that move me around that section and various menu prompts and options...I don't quite understand presets or how to sort through things. And it seems like I can setup any Vocaloid to sing any song? Or something? I have no idea.

Is there a good video or guide on navigating that stuff? The one YouTube video I DID find skipped a few things here and there and was also a bit dodgy on facts.

Mandelbo

I'm a bit confused about how the outfit section works. It seems that there are a bunch of button prompts that move me around that section and various menu prompts and options...I don't quite understand presets or how to sort through things. And it seems like I can setup any Vocaloid to sing any song? Or something? I have no idea.

You can have any vocaloid present in any song, so if you didn't want Meiko on screen you could swap her for Rin, for instance. However this is a purely visual change - the voice singing the song would still be Meiko's. Certain songs allow you to change the actual singer though, like Sing and Smile. When you select a song, if the third option on the expanding menu *isn't* greyed out, you can change the singer.

Off the top of my head, these are the important prompts for costume select:

Left/Right = cycle through costumes

Up/Down = cycle through vocaloids

L2 + R2 = jump to the recommended costume for the song

R3 = cycle through your "costume sets", as I'm going to call them. The cycle looks like this:
Default set -> set 1 -> set 2 -> set 3 -> default set
I'd advise you to never touch this, since it caused me quite a bit of confusion when I first started out - essentially you can assign a favourite costume and module to each of your three sets, so that you can quickly change to them on the song menu. These sets are universal across *all* songs, so if you want to use whatever the recommended costume is, it's much easier to just stick to the default set for each song. I'm not sure I've explained that terribly well...

Touchpad = enters costume viewing mode - use the sticks to rotate and zoom the character.

Right stick left/right = when a song has multiple vocaloids, this cycles through them.

I think those are all you really need to know. When you select a costume you haven't bought yet, the second option on the menu is "buy and equip", which helps save a little time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thank you so much! You answered like, all of my questions!

Now for one about timing. I'm not bad at rhythm games, but I can't seem to get the timing window right on this game. I am playing a song with super easy eight note runs and I am hitting every single note a hair early and getting FAIR ratings like mad. I am trying to adjust the timing window right, but every time I run the test, I get a different number. Those adjustment things are always so hard because they are just a random note. Also, I'm never sure if it's "hit with the music!" or "hit when it lines up!"

To make the right adjustment (hitting a bit early), do I need + or - on the adjustment?

E: Also, silly question, but the game auto saves right? And how am I supposed to get the hold bonus for notes that are square(H) with a chain of squares after? I've been holding square to hold and using left on the D-pad, but it drops the hold bonus despite me not letting off the square button.

Roubjon

Now for one about timing. I'm not bad at rhythm games, but I can't seem to get the timing window right on this game. I am playing a song with super easy eight note runs and I am hitting every single note a hair early and getting FAIR ratings like mad. I am trying to adjust the timing window right, but every time I run the test, I get a different number. Those adjustment things are always so hard because they are just a random note. Also, I'm never sure if it's "hit with the music!" or "hit when it lines up!"

To make the right adjustment (hitting a bit early), do I need + or - on the adjustment?

E: Also, silly question, but the game auto saves right? And how am I supposed to get the hold bonus for notes that are square(H) with a chain of squares after? I've been holding square to hold and using left on the D-pad, but it drops the hold bonus despite me not letting off the square button.

I am using a TV with noticeable Input lag so I ended up settling on the adjustment of -5 and that made everything feel good. I was also having a lot of trouble, and the in game calibration mode did nothing for me. I'd recommend starting somewhere around -4 or -3 and then adjust from there! Keep it in the negatives for sure.

Also, yeah the game auto saves. And I'm pretty sure you are doing it right regarding the hold notes. You can't stack holds of the same button, so when a square hold note shows up while you are holding square it's going to end the hold bonus.

Mandelbo

If you're hitting notes too early, you'd need + on the adjustment, since the setting changes when the notes appear rather than delaying the audio itself (so a positive adjustment makes the notes appear later.) I've got mine set to +6 and it works just fine. For what it's worth, I tried the test on a different tv and got -16, which messed up my timings quite a bit.

The game autosaves every time you do anything iirc - no need to worry about it accidentally not saving scores and stuff. I don't actually know how you're meant to hit hold notes before a chain of the same note. I assume it works differently on the actual arcade cabinet, but I just hold them for as long as I can before it gets cancelled.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks guys.

Are there any short and stream heavy songs you suggest for testing calibration? I don't like muscling through a 3 minute song just to find out calibration is a bit off.

srst

Thanks guys.

Are there any short and stream heavy songs you suggest for testing calibration? I don't like muscling through a 3 minute song just to find out calibration is a bit off.

You can pause the game and change it in the options menu. Try different values until it feels right (mine's +7). I never do the calibration test.

system11

CpQk5iMWEAE1e8e.jpg

I think this might be my favourite bit across all the songs played so far, she does this after slightly stumbling walking up the stairs, you can only just tell it happens - nice little detail. "You didn't notice that right?"

Mandelbo

Finally finished every song on hard! I still don't really like Sadistic Music Factory, so it's even worse that I was less than half a percent off an Excellent since that means I have to play it again :p

I think this might be my favourite bit across all the songs played so far, she does this after slightly stumbling walking up the stairs, you can only just tell it happens - nice little detail. "You didn't notice that right?"
I've never noticed this. I'll have to check that out. Also, is it just me, or are her breasts weirdly fleshier-looking than her face? o.o

Tenshi

Neo Member
Just as a heads up, I (and hopefully, StarCreator) will be at Otakon this weekend. And as usual, you can expect to find many Hatsune Miku rhythm game setups. I'm planning to have one of my Future Tone setups on a very large screen with very loud speakers. So if the blasting Vocaloid music doesn't show you the way to the Vocaloid portion of the video game room, spotting Miku on the big screen will be a dead giveaway. Like previous years at Otakon, I'm also planning to run a Diva F 2nd tournament.

I also want to add that if any of you do come out to the con and visit the video game room, I look forward to meeting you all. I'll include my GAF handle on my associates/staff badge to let you know who I am.

Mandelbo

70 perfects on hard now - I'm quite pleased since that's *far* more than I was able to get in any of the other games combined, even on lower difficulties. Starting to move onto extreme songs now, too. I guess I'll have to get used to dozens of double notes being on screen at once :p

Roubjon

70 perfects on hard now - I'm quite pleased since that's *far* more than I was able to get in any of the other games combined, even on lower difficulties. Starting to move onto extreme songs now, too. I guess I'll have to get used to dozens of double notes being on screen at once :p

Nice job! I don't think I have the patience to go through all those hard songs and try to perfect them.

Mandelbo

Nice job! I don't think I have the patience to go through all those hard songs and try to perfect them.

Thanks! I just love that feeling of satisfaction you get when you hit the last note in the song, knowing that you were on point the whole way through, as well as the tension of when you're in the final part of the song and the stakes are higher than ever...

Really, this game's far too addicting!

Shizuka

My brother and I bought this game yesterday, but I couldn't get to play it, since it'd take 20 hours to download the whole thing. I'm excited to get home tonight and give it a go, this should be the definitive Project Diva title.

Mandelbo

My brother and I bought this game yesterday, but I couldn't get to play it, since it'd take 20 hours to download the whole thing. I'm excited to get home tonight and give it a go, this should be the definitive Project Diva title.

Looking forward to seeing your impressions! It's definitely my favourite Miku game (and potentially my favourite rhythm game period), which you could probably tell from my posts here :p

Shizuka

Looking forward to seeing your impressions! It's definitely my favourite Miku game (and potentially my favourite rhythm game period), which you could probably tell from my posts here :p

You got it. I've played the first Project Diva, Project Diva 2nd, Project Diva Extend, Project Diva f, Project Diva F 2nd and Project Mirai DX. I've played Project Diva X and Future Tone's demos, but I can't wait to play the real thing.

I guys , i'm looking for a way to change the screen area of this game.

I've got black bars all around ( now that'ive changed my Tv ) and i can't change the screening areas , resulting in screenhots having that weird black bars all around the picture.

How can i reset this value ?

Wonko_C

I guys , i'm looking for a way to change the screen area of this game.

I've got black bars all around ( now that'ive changed my Tv ) and i can't change the screening areas , resulting in screenhots having that weird black bars all around the picture.

How can i reset this value ?

You have to change the screen safe area from the PS4's settings menu. I'm not at home so I don't remember what's it called.

You have to change the screen safe area from the PS4's settings menu. I'm not at home so I don't remember what's it called.

Thanks for the info , will look into it.

EDIT : That was it .. Thanks again .. All my games adjusted automatically so i forgot about that option

Nowak94

Neo Member
I'm coming from the Vita and I'm doing poorly on songs I shouldnt be on. My timing feels off. I am on game mode on my TV.

What timing adjustments do you guys play on?

Roubjon

I'm coming from the Vita and I'm doing poorly on songs I shouldnt be on. My timing feels off. I am on game mode on my TV.

I used to have a TV with a ton of input lag so my adjustment was on -5 and it felt great. I just recently got a TV with less input lag so I had to adjust it again and now it's on +3.

Hopefully that helps in some way!

macklelol

I play with the timing set to 0, though I play on a computer monitor and I use earphones through the PS4 controller. That said, I do adjust the timing now and then, still feels off on a few songs.

Nowak94

Neo Member
I play with the timing set to 0, though I play on a computer monitor and I use earphones through the PS4 controller. That said, I do adjust the timing now and then, still feels off on a few songs.

I used to have a TV with a ton of input lag so my adjustment was on -5 and it felt great. I just recently got a TV with less input lag so I had to adjust it again and now it's on +3.

Hopefully that helps in some way!

I ended up going with 0 after all. I tried both negative and positive and I felt like i was overpredicting which didnt work when switching between slow and fast songs. I guess my TV is pretty good on the input lag.

I still feel that if you're going positive then it means you've not eliminated audio lag from your system. Once audio lag is removed, you should only need a negative adjustment to compensate for video lag. Remember that most televisions lag audio intentionally to match their inherent video lag, so it's best to process audio separately from the TV.

Kumubou

I've been playing on a USB headset plugged directly into the PS4 and I've been playing at +10 (on a monitor that has about 10ms of display latency) and the timing has generally very, very good (far better than any other Project Diva game). It actually feels possible to get 100% cools on this setup. I don't think it's just the 60fps either, as the PDX demo felt way worse, roughly on par with F/F2 on PS3 (although I didn't fiddle with the timing adjustments in the demo a ton).

That and from my tests, the lag adjustment in Future Tone only adjusts how early or late the song starts playing -- it doesn't make any adjustment to your inputs. So if you're playing on a laggy TV you're going to have a bad time and there's not a whole lot you can do about it.

Top Bottom