• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HATSUNE MIKU Project DIVA Future Tone |OT| A gift to the millions of miku fans

ChrisD

First DLC pack for the game has been announced!

Out in September, it will include 4 songs:
- Age Age Again
- Shake It
- Cendrillon
- Adolescence

+ their respective modules.
I'm also reading about a possible Season Pass, but no additional info about it as of now.

omgggg Those first two are super fun to play. Four songs all at once is really nice, just hope they don't cost too much, and that the wait will now become shorter/more in line with FT Arcade's song arrivals!

What's the source for this? I see some buzz about Future Tone in Chinese and Thai, but nothing on Weekly Diva Station or the usual sites that cover magazine leaks.

Yeah, I had to look it up because I couldn't find anything on the usual sources, but this picture has been shown on a Nicovideo stream

DZI9GvF.jpg

First DLC pack for the game has been announced!

Out in September, it will include 4 songs:
- Age Age Again
- Shake It
- Cendrillon
- Adolescence

+ their respective modules.
I'm also reading about a possible Season Pass, but no additional info about it as of now.
i need a trailer , ASAP

It's possible the season pass thing was a mistranslation though and they only meant that a pack containing all the September additions will also be available, rather than buying things piecemeal.
Either way I guess we'll know more soon.

Tenshi

Neo Member
I'm guessing the physical button labels can't be swapped around short of opening the case up and moving each button assembly around?

Yes, you would be correct. These buttons are not designed to be easily re-arranged like the large arcade controller.

Just opened my controller. This thing is nice looking. Was expecting something much much smaller since it was called a "mini-controller" haha, not that I'm complaining!

Also, holy cow at Play Asia's shipping speed. It was shipped yesterday from overseas, and I got it this morning in the US at like 9:30am.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Been messing around with the Assign feature for a while now and still haven't been able to set it to the third button scheme option. The light starts blinking after holding the button down for 5 seconds, but stops after I hit anything else and the original button settings remains in effect. Anyone else been successful?

Been messing around with the Assign feature for a while now and still haven't been able to set it to the third button scheme option. The light starts blinking after holding the button down for 5 seconds, but stops after I hit anything else and the original button settings remains in effect. Anyone else been successful?

yeah I need a translation of some sort too haha

Tenshi

Neo Member
Been using the Google Translate app to try to read instructions this whole time. It's helped a little, but I'm still missing something here.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just opened my controller. This thing is nice looking. Was expecting something much much smaller since it was called a "mini-controller" haha, not that I'm complaining!

Also, holy cow at Play Asia's shipping speed. It was shipped yesterday from overseas, and I got it this morning in the US at like 9:30am.

How does it feel???? I want to order one still if it's available, but I need some reviews first before I throw that much money at a peripheral.

How does it feel???? I want to order one still if it's available, but I need some reviews first before I throw that much money at a peripheral.

Controller feels really great and solid. Thought it would be hard to get used to after using the DualShock4 for so long, but it only took a couple songs to get the hang of where things were. Feels very satisfying hitting big buttons for some reason. And the dreaded simultaneous notes and holds I am having a much easier time with.

Of note is the fact that the buttons are dome-shaped so they are raised up from the base. Really neat. Here are some pics, and also a size comparison to the Hori Rap4 controller.

ChrisD

I didn't figure out exactly how it's supposed to work, but I did find a way to get things (sort of) set.

Edited this post out, as my info was way off base, and Uncle Dukey has a perfect guide on the next page

So as soon as someone figures out exactly how the layout switch works, I really suggest that people playing Future Tone adopt one of the arcade layouts, with the controls in a horizontal line. After only a slight adjustment period, I found the layout makes a lot more sense than it seems to at first glance, especially knowing that the chords use visual cues tied to the layout in a way that doesn't work for the traditional Dualshock layout at all. Finding out that chords are physically spaced to match the arcade controls was a huge revelation to me.

So as soon as someone figures out exactly how the layout switch works, I really suggest that people playing Future Tone adopt one of the arcade layouts, with the controls in a horizontal line. After only a slight adjustment period, I found the layout makes a lot more sense than it seems to at first glance, especially knowing that the chords use visual cues tied to the layout in a way that doesn't work for the traditional Dualshock layout at all. Finding out that chords are physically spaced to match the arcade controls was a huge revelation to me.
Well, that's the controller the layouts have been designed for so it totally makes sense :p
I quickly gave up trying to play Future Tone with a Dualshock, I can't wait to receive my controller!

Mandelbo

Yesss, so looking forward to AgeAge Again! Hopefully Riria's in the next batch of DLC. Have they stated what their plans for DLC are? As in, how long are they going to support PS4 FT alongside Diva Arcade? Would we be getting LOL and Hand in Hand at some point even though they've only just been announced?

Hopefully the pricing's reasonable, since there's only four songs.

Tenshi

Neo Member

That's the idea. Been looking forward to finally being able to become proficient using the Project Diva Arcade layout.

Kumubou

Man, the controller is tempting... but I already have enough useless plastic in this house. I'm thinking of buying a CronousMax converter (as they apparently work with any DirectInput device) and seeing if I can jury-rig a Dao SVSE5 to work as I think it would work really well... and would also save some money (and space!). Just curious how well the sticks mapped to spinners would work -- I imagine there may be some problems on longer swipes when it rolls over from 1023 to 0 (and vise verse). Worst case I'll have to muck about with the firmware a bit.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Those DLC tracks will help to fill out the odd omissions. Aka, where all mah Mitchie M at?

Agreed. Really glad we're getting updated with any songs they add to the cabinet version. Really looking forward to playing Shake It!, LOL, and anything Mitchie M, as soon as possible. The Future Tone PVs for these songs are absolutely gorgeous.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is Skeleton Orchestra in this game? I can't find it but I don't know if I just skipped over it.

Also, AgeAge Again is fantastic and I'm super excited for it. Now just get me Reverse Rainbow and I'll be set!

muteki

SEGA posted a video for new songs for Project Diva Arcade. We're getting:

-LOL -Lots of Laugh- (Mirai Version)
-Hand In Hand

Looking forward for the DLC in September, I need Shake It so badly.
Hope this makes it to the PS4 version eventually. Also thank goodness LOL is the Mirai version.
Is Skeleton Orchestra in this game? I can't find it but I don't know if I just skipped over it.

Also, AgeAge Again is fantastic and I'm super excited for it. Now just get me Reverse Rainbow and I'll be set!
Skeleton Orchestra was just added/is coming soon to the Arcade Version. Nothing for Reverse Rainbow that I know of yet, but I guess it is only a matter of time the way things are going.

It was recently added to the arcade machine but isn't in the home console version yet. It will most likely be part of the second DLC pack.

Mandelbo

Yeah, once Riria gets added to FT I'll be set, I think. The majority of the other songs from Mirai DX that I really liked are either in the game anyway, getting added soon or have Gumi in so won't ever be added.

Actually Koneko no Payapaya would be good too

That's a marketplace seller (with significant markup, at that). Amazon themselves, as well as many other stores have been presold out for months. It's way, way too late to get on this train; physical controllers aren't such a hot commodity that they can make significantly more than what is needed to cover preorders, so you really have to get in early if you want one.

I would even know how to go about using the JP Amazon site. I wouldn't be able to use my UK login would I?

None of the Amazons share login data. You'd have to make a new account. But again, this is a marketplace seller that doesn't allow international shipments anyway, so if you really want to go this route, you'll have to get a shipping deputy like Tenso to receive it and reship it for you.

Refna

None of the Amazons share login data. You'd have to make a new account. But again, this is a marketplace seller that doesn't allow international shipments anyway, so if you really want to go this route, you'll have to get a shipping deputy like Tenso to receive it and reship it for you.

Another place would be Yahoo auction, it is cheaper but you would have to trust the seller.
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b220293801

High-Def Digest - 4.5/5

Despite some minor issues, 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X' is a lovingly produced, beautiful, and extremely fun rhythm game that stands as possibly the best on both PS4 and Vita so far. For those who haven't experienced the series before, there's no better time to jump in, and for those who have, this is one of the most refined takes on the formula to date. (PS4 NA version)

Refna

What would it cost to buy it there and have it shipped here?

I want a controller but can't read JP so I'm not sure HOW to work it. Of course, if Play-Asia or AmiAmi will get them back in stock, I can just wait it out.

Yahoo Auction have a proxy called buyee like Tenso. so you can read more at their website

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/b220293801?lang=en&rc=yaucc

Of coz, you can always ask amiami and playasia first, may be they do re-stock later

Anyone ever buy from this place? Personally never heard of them but would put money down to order this new controller asap .

Haven't ordered from them personally but I know many people who do. They're fine.

High-Def Digest - 4.5/5

Despite some minor issues, 'Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X' is a lovingly produced, beautiful, and extremely fun rhythm game that stands as possibly the best on both PS4 and Vita so far. For those who haven't experienced the series before, there's no better time to jump in, and for those who have, this is one of the most refined takes on the formula to date. (PS4 NA version)

This really has nothing to do with Future Tone. We have an import OT for DIVA X and a new OT should be showing up in the next few days.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Haven't ordered from them personally but I know many people who do. They're fine.

Thanks. Put my order in asap. Was planning on getting this a little later but looking at the availability, can't afford that luxury. Wish Hori would sell a limited amount to the U.S. market.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is the best I can find. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Mi...452679?hash=item4b053d54c7:g:T7QAAOSwV0RXuu1j

It's actually slightly cheaper than what I paid for mine with shipping.

You're awesome - thank you. Purchased!

I totally didn't need this, but worst case, it appears as though these things appreciate in value if I decide one day to dump it. But with Diva X coming out in the US in a few days, I'll have my hands full.

How does this controller handle the slide notes? Do you have to use the little nubs? Also, is the controller lapable or do I need to get some sort of adjustable table to play on?

Tenshi

Neo Member

I totally didn't need this, but worst case, it appears as though these things appreciate in value if I decide one day to dump it. But with Diva X coming out in the US in a few days, I'll have my hands full.

How does this controller handle the slide notes? Do you have to use the little nubs? Also, is the controller lapable or do I need to get some sort of adjustable table to play on?

By default, the analogue sticks are for the slide notes. You can easily use this controller laying on your lap or on a flat surface. But that's all personal preference. Whatever works for you.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Speaking from prior experience with the first mini controller, You can definitely play on your lap, though, I had a much better experience with a table, as the controller did not rock back and forth in my lap.

I assume you guys already know this but FYI:

Region 2 Japan Vita cartridge save data is compatible with Region 1 US PS4 disc, as long as you playing in same account.

====

I feel sad, it feels like project diva series is come to an end...

14103017_10154474464739771_8060176012502448549_o.jpg

Top Bottom