• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Two more this morning. Done with ranked til they fix this shit.

Has anyone ever actually reconnected to a game once they disconnect? It has not worked for me once.

Minsc

Gold Member
Well, I think I just exhausted my pack opening luck for a while now... opened 1 legendary in 3 packs back to back to back, 2 jaraxxus and a king mukla, then a double epic + rare pack as I pressed my luck for a fourth time. Unfortunately, the legends just end up being mukla and 800 dust for me, but 800 dust is still not bad at all!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Well, I think I just exhausted my pack opening luck for a while now... opened 1 legendary in 3 packs back to back to back, 2 jaraxxus and a king mukla, then a double epic + rare pack as I pressed my luck for a fourth time. Unfortunately, the legends just end up being mukla and 800 dust for me, but 800 dust is still not bad at all!

you kept mukla? for collecting or because you actually have a plan for him to not suck? curious for the latter, respect the former. my second opened leg ever was golden geddon that I kept just because it was a golden leg.

Goodbye Nat Pagle, you officially suck vs your value of 1600 dust. Dusted him!

Last three games he didn't even last on the board long enough to even trigger his ability a single time (he didn't even get a chance to fish and miss)... near-worthless now I say.

what rank? I kept him in my warrior control deck and largely get at least 2-3 coin flips out of him. granted for 1600 dust (aka any other legendary) he's a tough keeper.. but once the 1600 DE value goes away, I'd definitely still consider him a solid if not incredible card (like previously).

scy

Geddon's fairly good in Control Warrior. Mukla is great for super fast tempo/board control decks since the Bananas tend to not even have a target for use most of the time.

ShinNL

Apparently Mukla is a good card if you have a deck that always has board control (enemy has nothing to buff)

Baron Geddon seems to be good with control decks, so Paladin, Warrior, Mage and Shaman all can have that 1 extra consecration. Special mention to Equality + Baron Geddon.

borghe

Geddon's fairly good in Control Warrior. Mukla is great for super fast tempo/board control decks since the Bananas tend to not even have a target for use most of the time.

biggest problem I have incorporating geddon (and believe me, I want to) is that most of the late game scenarios I get into he isn't going to clear enough of the board. now obviously that may indicate I have to do a better job of trading on 4+ mana minions at that point in the game... but until then I can't seem to make him work in my deck.

edit - although thinking about it... bloodmage+whirlwind+geddon is a 10 cost board wipe of any enemy <= 4 health. hmm... that may be a starting point.

So last night I lost a game with one damage, so always to remember to count friends!

Also playing Soneet's Shaman and it's been working really well. I don't have the blood knights but I switch them with Blademasters since they work so well with healing totems.

As for the one damage death, it was against a mage and I played a 5/4 and 4/4 while he had a mirror entity up. If I was smart, would of played the 4/4 first and I would of had two health instead of one when I had lethal next turn. Of course, he had an extra card, could of been anything, but still.

Hanzou

Is it still the best idea to use gold for arena fees instead if just buying packs? I am not very good so I don't expect to go far in the arena. Have not played since December and I remember the wad the generally feeling on gold use back then.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it still the best idea to use gold for arena fees instead if just buying packs? I am not very good so I don't expect to go far in the arena. Have not played since December and I remember the wad the generally feeling on gold use back then.

At 4-5 wins, you "break even" if you consider the gold cost of the packs. If you can manage a consistent 4-5 wins (with the odd 7+ win to balance out the occasional 1-3, 2-3) win, yes, Arena is much more efficient than packs.

esterk

I've been enjoying the game thus far, and it is actually pretty well balanced despite my early bitching during beta. My only problem is figuring out what is worth dusting and what is worth keeping around. Obviously spares go to dust but should I just keep everything else or are there cards so bad that dusting them is worth it?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been enjoying the game thus far, and it is actually pretty well balanced despite my early bitching during beta. My only problem is figuring out what is worth dusting and what is worth keeping around. Obviously spares go to dust but should I just keep everything else or are there cards so bad that dusting them is worth it?

If you're planning to play a long time, you shouldn't dust anything because you never know when some card might become worthwhile, either due to meta shifts or Blizzard's own balancing.

Most of the cards that are "so bad not even worth considering" aren't worth that much Dust either. Usually commons although if you get a Millhouse Manastorm you might want to dust him.

Just don't come crying to me when Blizzard buffs the card :)

borghe

So last night I lost a game with one damage, so always to remember to count friends!

three biggest things I need to remember EVERY TURN. Count your damage. Count your mana cost. order of importance in moves. last one is particularly a big deal for me.. things I've told myself in general

frothing berserker is ALWAYS the last to attack unless you specifically need it to attack earlier

always go to armor up as the last thing in the turn (unless you specifically need to do it earlier). if you don't have the mana, then you can't. if you forgot you had the mana (see rule one above) then you won't forget.

if you MIGHT have lethal, start counting immediately, and count two or three times. nothing worse than possibly having lethal and the rope starts burning down. or thinking you have lethal and going for it only to realize that you are either damage or mana short leaving gromm out there to be sheeped.

and a bunch of other stuff I tell myself every game. heh.

even at 1 win I've already gotten a pack and 20g (only 30g behind). in general it is always better to play "at the chance" of going 5+ wins for a bigger prize, or 2-4 wins in arena and breaking even, than just paying straight up for packs. use arenavalue.com while building your deck if you're not entirely comfortable yet with drafting. it's far from flawless but it's done ok for me as I'm still learning the ins and outs of most of the classes so far outside of warrior and shaman.

esterk

If you're planning to play a long time, you shouldn't dust anything because you never know when some card might become worthwhile, either due to meta shifts or Blizzard's own balancing.

Most of the cards that are "so bad not even worth considering" aren't worth that much Dust either. Usually commons although if you get a Millhouse Manastorm you might want to dust him.

Just don't come crying to me when Blizzard buffs the card :)

I guess that makes sense. I like collecting stuff anyway haha.

dk_

Shop is closed and I can't start a new arena run (not available). What is going on (EU)?

Edit: Working again.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I finally got hatemail for the first time. Crushed a dude with my druid deck and he accused me of spending $250 on cards. "gg ******* pay to win". Ah so satisfying.

Interfectum

I finally got hatemail for the first time. Crushed a dude with my druid deck and he accused me of spending $250 on cards. "gg ******* pay to win". Ah so satisfying.

Since the game has gone "live" I have noticed a lot more rage quitters as well. Had a Warlock rage quit yesterday after I shut down his murloc bullshit with Abomination.

ShinNL

Also playing Soneet's Shaman and it's been working really well. I don't have the blood knights but I switch them with Blademasters since they work so well with healing totems.
Glad you've tried it and like it! Injured Blademaster also synergizes with Darkscale Healer, that's why I love that 1 mana more expensive Yeti since Shaman can do so much with it. I used that a lot in the past in an yeti-style Shaman deck.

For anyone trying my deck, feel free to share any improvements you can find.

There are still some rush tactics that this deck don't have proper answers for (hoping you draw certain cards), like turn 4 Blessing of Kings (+4/+4), only real counter being Hex or if you're super lucky enough minions for Flametongue Totem (turn 6+ it's not a big problem because of your 6 drops have instant damage). Hunter or Warlock opening with a minion and they Arcane Shot / Soulfire your first minion. Only proper way to come back from that is with Lightning Storm or Feral Spirit, both not ideal because it gives you overload. Faerie Dragon can help with this but it's a slightly weaker draw mid-late-game. Maybe Forked Lightning, even though it has a lot of overload.

I normally prefer playing a very controllish late-game Shaman, but it's always an uphill battle in the current meta. You can add a few 'counters' to your existing deck and hope you can stabilize and then make them play your game, but then one day I just made this deck (100% focused on countering) for fun to see what happens. It turned out really well and quite different than regular Shaman decks.

Opiate

My hunter deck does not play Hyena. Too slow. I'd say the last key piece is wolf; some hunter decks don't run hyena, but very few don't run wolf.

scy

For most vs Hunter decks, it's just about knowing their plan. Limit your threats on the board until you're at your strongest. This means that you'll end up doing a lot of Hero Power pass (unless you're Paladin or Shaman, then you'll probably just pass) while you clock them with a single guy on board.

Contrary to what people think, your goal vs Hunter isn't killing them before they kill you. It's to make it so they can't kill you. Force them into just their 2 damage clock and chip away yourself. With just one minion on board, you effectively remove the UtH draw engine and you'll force them into an inefficient Leeroy down the road just so they can actually draw what they need.

Of course, if you don't have a mid or late game plan then you're hoping to win the burn race.

opponent uses triple Blessing of Wisdom to smash my face when I thought I had the game locked up (heavy dominance on board and more cards in hand).

C'moooon.

Endy MacK

1JME8RQ.png

Anyone else getting this error? The tabs are supposed to say "Promo set, Reward set" etc. but only the t appears unless I click on them.

Yes, I have this issue as well.

Starting to ease back into this after taking a break in November, any particular cards that were popular around then that are now trash and should be avoided?

isny

napkin dispenser
In the spirit of GAF ima share my main decklist right now. Pretty much winning against everything except for Locks. I haven't played a Paladin in the longest time, and logistically Paladins could heal through most of my damage, so not sure how well it would do against a full on healing deck, but it's essentially a stock token druid deck with some changes I made over time (the biggest one being having more card draw than most similar decks as milling in this deck is glorious.)

The one missing card you can`t see is a Cenarius.

Feel free to make any comments/suggestions! :)

Hearthstone_Screenshot_3.14.2014.17.31.54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom